Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 10-12-2017, 4:00 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazed_SS View Post
Just got home and opened my letter today.

All 7 rifles listed on letter..
Same format as OPs, just with additional lines for each gun.
That’s strange I wonder why my rifle isn’t listed on my letter. The registration was sent at the same time as my pistol. The rifle was a factory Daniel Defense M4A1 with nothing much notable about it.
Old 10-12-2017, 4:51 PM
Veteran Member

Maybe rifles and pistols appear on different letters?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Old 10-12-2017, 5:13 PM

Mine came on the same, pistol and all the rifles
Old 10-12-2017, 6:17 PM
Veteran Member

Caliber 8888?
Old 10-12-2017, 6:19 PM

Quote:
Caliber 8888?
Multi caliber

Got mine too. My self built Single shot pistol was approved 5 days before.
Old 10-12-2017, 6:23 PM

Quote:
Caliber 8888?
Yessir. I listed it as "Firearm with interchangable barrels" on the application to avoid being locked into a particular caliber. The lower is a spikes multi-cal.
Old 10-12-2017, 6:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhunter View Post
Multi caliber

You beat me too it!

8888 is one big azz bullet!

Last edited by WalterTheDogC@t; 10-12-2017 at 7:02 PM..
Old 10-12-2017, 7:20 PM

So, now you can use standard capacity magazines?
Old 10-12-2017, 7:58 PM
Calguns Addict

Do the letters designate them as "Bullet Button" AWs?
Old 10-12-2017, 8:24 PM

Quote:
Multi caliber

So did they issue you a serial or did you add your own?
Old 10-12-2017, 8:30 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Multi caliber

Your self built pistol with a volreg serial was approved?
Quote:
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Old 10-13-2017, 8:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
Your self built pistol with a volreg serial was approved?
Not as an AW, just vol reged as a single shot.
Old 10-13-2017, 2:49 PM

I know this may have already been mentioned but are they flat out denying all homemade builds with homemade serial numbers?
Old 10-13-2017, 2:57 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Ask Albert Sheakalee.
"...he was institutionalized three times in June. "Obviously when a person is admitted into a hospital for a mental health hold it's because he's believed to be a danger to himself or to the public," ..."
What a disingenious, BS argument you posted.

His gun seizures had NOTHING to do with being RAW's and everything to do with being institutionalized three times
STOP SPREADING FUD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobler View Post
The DNC has changed drastically since 99. The State of Ca is worse then it's ever been for gun rights and the ASP program was proof that they will take guns when given the chance.. as I wrote above; in 5 years we could see an outright ban on semiautomatic rifles here...

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
So no evidence, but we should listen to you because of your "gut feeling?"
I will take law, the Constitution, History, and the reality of the world over your "gut feeling" any day, all day.

So enjoy hiding your RAW's. I will enjoy shooting mine at the range "until they come for them," which will be never. And you can hide in your closet in the dark, fondling your AR's and dreaming of the day you can go out and shoot them without looking over your shoulder.

Might as well sell all your ammo since you won't be shooting them much come next year....

Last edited by hunterb; 10-13-2017 at 3:04 PM..
Old 10-13-2017, 3:35 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterb View Post
"...he was institutionalized three times in June. "Obviously when a person is admitted into a hospital for a mental health hold it's because he's believed to be a danger to himself or to the public," ..."

His gun seizures had NOTHING to do with being RAW's and everything to do with being institutionalized three times
STOP SPREADING FUD.

So no evidence, but we should listen to you because of your "gut feeling?"
I will take law, the Constitution, History, and the reality of the world over your "gut feeling" any day, all day.

So enjoy hiding your RAW's. I will enjoy shooting mine at the range "until they come for them," which will be never. And you can hide in your closet in the dark, fondling your AR's and dreaming of the day you can go out and shoot them without looking over your shoulder.

Might as well sell all your ammo since you won't be shooting them much come next year....
yeah, hiding my guns... fortunately I live very near 100's of miles of desert.. I can shoot any time. Aslo, not FUD not gut feeling just experience and living 49 years in this state. The politics and DNC in particular are not the same as they were even 20 years ago. They are more zealot in their beliefs then ever. Look what they are trying to push nationally... You really think the Dems in this state won't try an out right ban on semiautomatic rifles??

The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed.”
- Thomas Jefferson -
Quote:
200 bullets at a time......
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/198981/life01.jpg

Subscribe to my YouTube channel ---->http://www.youtube.com/user/2A4USA
Old 10-13-2017, 4:22 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
yeah, hiding my guns... fortunately I live very near 100's of miles of desert.. I can shoot any time. Aslo, not FUD not gut feeling just experience and living 49 years in this state. The politics and DNC in particular are not the same as they were even 20 years ago. They are more zealot in their beliefs then ever. Look what they are trying to push nationally... You really think the Dems in this state won't try an out right ban on semiautomatic rifles??

Fair enough, you make your point well, and that definitely works for you since you are next to the empty desert to shoot, unlike most Californians. LUCKY GUY
And I do agree they will TRY to ban semi-autos in the future, but we just disagree on what the result will be.

There is no realistic way to disarm that many AMERICANS without some bloodshed. I feel they will run out of jackbooted thugs willing to trample the Constitution long before we run out of patriots...
Old 10-13-2017, 4:31 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Fair enough, you make your point well, and that definitely works for you since you are next to the empty desert to shoot, unlike most Californians. LUCKY GUY
And I do agree they will TRY to ban semi-autos in the future, but we just disagree on what the result will be.

There is no realistic way to disarm that many AMERICANS without some bloodshed. I feel they will run out of jackbooted thugs willing to trample the Constitution long before we run out of patriots...
My main concern is the registration. To have a ready list of owners could be used to "round then up" as it were. Like N.Y. a letter will be sent to turn them in, those who do not will have men in costumes and shiny badges "knocken" on their doors. Now this is a worse case scenario but not too unlikely given the current political climate...

The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed.”
- Thomas Jefferson -
Quote:

Old 10-13-2017, 8:28 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:

STOP SPREADING FUD.
All I posted was to ask the cat, never presented an argument. You made that **** up on your own. So stafoo with your demand.

- Chris Pike ~ Unwanted World

Last edited by epilepticninja; 10-13-2017 at 8:52 PM..
Old 10-13-2017, 9:01 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
My main concern is the registration. To have a ready list of owners could be used to "round then up" as it were. Like N.Y. a letter will be sent to turn them in, those who do not will have men in costumes and shiny badges "knocken" on their doors. Now this is a worse case scenario but not too unlikely given the current political climate...

Registration is already a reality for all post 2014 purchases, so shielding the government from that info or assuming they don't already have that info is not exactly a safe bet. From 2011-2014 they probably have the info but aren't supposed to, and from 1999-2017 they could have the info but swear they don't.

There is no new or unusual info in the RAW process, although there is plenty of garbage that can potentially be self-incriminating. But info in and of itself is benign, just a bunch of silly stuff heaped on to make the process as hard as possible.
Quote:

Old 10-13-2017, 9:39 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
Registration is already a reality for all post 2014 purchases, so shielding the government from that info or assuming they don't already have that info is not exactly a safe bet. From 2011-2014 they probably have the info but aren't supposed to, and from 1999-2017 they could have the info but swear they don't.

There is no new or unusual info in the RAW process, although there is plenty of garbage that can potentially be self-incriminating. But info in and of itself is benign, just a bunch of silly stuff heaped on to make the process as hard as possible.
Well some of us older folks been buying since the 80's (or earlier) and have firearms not registered...

As to the mentioned above man who was institutionalized; that's one example. There were several stories where ASP cops confiscated every firearm in the house, even belonging to other family members even though they were kept locked up and had no access to the prohibited person... that is some B.S. right there.

- Thomas Jefferson -
Quote:

Old 10-13-2017, 9:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwatchdog View Post
This letter? No it just says the registration number and letting you know that you are now bound to the restrictions of an AW and if you ever get rid of it to let them know.

It is short and worded to the point without much else, but my ar pistol is now registered.
Keep in mind if he moves out of state this means absolutely nothing and you do not have to let them know anything if and when you move. That’s 100% fact.

If you plan on ever moving out of state or to a free-state then you have no reason to ever register in California.

Thousands of gun owners in California don’t have registered firearms and probably never will.

Military veteran
DHS veteran

Last edited by Endless; 10-13-2017 at 9:47 PM..
Old 10-13-2017, 10:56 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Well some of us older folks been buying since the 80's (or earlier) and have firearms not registered...

As to the mentioned above man who was institutionalized; that's one example. There were several stories where ASP cops confiscated every firearm in the house, even belonging to other family members even though they were kept locked up and had no access to the prohibited person... that is some B.S. right there.

If you bought pre 1999 (NICS) then maybe, but the government did receive your information. If you have RAW from previous periods, then yes you're in the system.

Anyone who assumes they have no digital footprint, have no exposure online, bought pre 1999 and never told anyone and never goes to ranges or does anything, then yes maybe the is a 50% chance "they" don't know.

You see how futile it is to claim anonymity in the information age?
Quote:

Old 10-14-2017, 9:14 AM

Hey bro, I saved your picture to zoom in and read it. When I went to select it from pics, it shows your street and town.

I think you can shut off that stamping feature on your phone. I don't know off the top of my head but google can probably help.

Just wanted to let you know in case you get paranoid about that kind of thing.
Old 10-16-2017, 2:53 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
All I posted was to ask the cat, never presented an argument. You made that **** up on your own. So stafoo with your demand.
Then what exactly was the point of your post? Just decided to post an unrelated situation and have me research it and explain it to you?! "Go ask the cat?" What are you, a pimp from the 1970's?

Quote:

Yes, that is the thing we all worry about with registration...we all know 1st step registration....2nd step confiscation....
Unfortunately I am stuck unless I want to drive 3 hours to shoot my AR's, or move out of county or out of state....so yeah, I am envious of your situation

Last edited by hunterb; 10-16-2017 at 2:59 PM..
Old 10-16-2017, 2:58 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Then what exactly was the point of your post? Just decided to post an unrelated situation and have me research it and explain it to you?!
I had to have a point?

- Chris Pike ~ Unwanted World

Last edited by epilepticninja; 10-17-2017 at 8:19 PM..
Old 10-16-2017, 3:00 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Still no information as to why my rifle was not listed on the letter. I called the number on the letter and a girl answered and sounded almost panicked that I was asking a question and told me to submit the question online. Even though the letter specifically states to call that number
Old 10-16-2017, 3:06 PM

Gun owners excited that they received their Assault Weapon Registration papers in the mail. Just peachy keen. Only in California.

Two more months.

"There is no hell. There is only France"- Frank Zappa
Old 10-17-2017, 12:25 AM

Actually a lot more months, registration is up after June 30th 2018.
Old 10-17-2017, 12:46 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwatchdog View Post
Still no information as to why my rifle was not listed on the letter. I called the number on the letter and a girl answered and sounded almost panicked that I was asking a question and told me to submit the question online. Even though the letter specifically states to call that number
Keep us posted, to my knowledge no one has received a rejection letter yet.
Quote:

Old 10-17-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b18bturboek9 View Post
Actually a lot more months, registration is up after June 30th 2018.
My two more months is my time left in this stupid state.

"There is no hell. There is only France"- Frank Zappa
Old 10-17-2017, 3:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddball View Post
My two more months is my time left in this stupid state.
You lucky dog don't rub it in lol.