Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 07-08-2018, 3:11 PM

Default Deleted

Delete

Last edited by Red Mist Maker; 07-17-2018 at 8:15 PM..
Old 07-08-2018, 3:39 PM

A family member of mine works at a Cabelas. It came down from the top not to sell ammo to anyone from California visiting from out of state. Not even to an FFL? This is the first I’ve heard of it.

I didn’t like the idea of Bass Pro buying Cabelas. But this ammo sales policy did come down from Bass Pro.

"God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best." - Voltaire
Old 07-08-2018, 3:47 PM

Your State Laws SUCK! I can't fault retailers for deciding not to play the game. Why should they care more than the gun owners of the state? The gun owners efforts to block or stop these ammo laws was pathetic, now you expect retailers to make it right for you?

Glad your pissed off. Hopefully, when phase two kicks in a few more will be pissed off and start a movement of getting gun owners off their azzzes and working towards stopping the Democrates in CA from infringing us further.
Old 07-08-2018, 4:20 PM

I agree, and knew it would happen. I always hated bass pro and when I moved was happy to have a Cabelas nearby. Things were great for a while but the store has slowly converted to a basspro. Terrible selection of reloading items, rediculous policies, and no sense of customer service.
We must be on calguns...
Old 07-08-2018, 6:42 PM
Cry Havok!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pardini View Post
Your State Laws SUCK! I can't fault retailers for deciding not to play the game. Why should they care more than the gun owners of the state? The gun owners efforts to block or stop these ammo laws was pathetic, now you expect retailers to make it right for you?

Glad your pissed off. Hopefully, when phase two kicks in a few more will be pissed off and start a movement of getting gun owners off their azzzes and working towards stopping the Democrates in CA from infringing us further.
Well thank you for your well constructed, helpful input into the issue. Im happy that the internet provider that you use has an adequate signal for you to post from the bridge that you live under. Feel free to continue to interject your important dialogue into the discussion.
"Para ser libre, un hombre debe tener tres cosas, la tierra, una educacion y un fusil. Siempre un fusil ! (To be free, a man must have three things; land, an education and a rifle. Always a rifle)" -Emiliano Zapata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrocket1 View Post
Of course they are in free territory where they can pick up ammunition at the local 5 and dime without going through a criminal background check. All we get is legalized pot.
Old 07-08-2018, 6:44 PM

But the actual store is significantly better...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUNS.NET
You have been banned for the following reason: posting other member's personal info without permission. I don't care what your reasoning is that is not allowed.
Old 07-09-2018, 7:53 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Mist Maker View Post
I do more than my fair share to try and stop this crap... NRA Life benefactor, GOLDEN EAGLE, which by the way if you don't know is a $200 per year additional membership and attend regularly to friends of the NRA dinners and donate to the cause whenever I can. So YES I'm pissed off at the ones like yourself who probably don't even live in CA and do nothing but criticize those of us who do. With folks like yourself, we don't need the Dem's or the Anti gun crowd.
Well said sir.
Old 07-10-2018, 2:38 PM

On my last trp to Reno - cabella sucked . Oh well thee are other
gun stores in / around Reno . [ so bad they did not even have the
2018 Hodgdon ]
It used to be you could buy liquior , cigs , gun reloading stuff cheap
enough to pay for trip . Now thewife hates the funny money , food
has gotten bad , so now I end up driving to Oxnard [ area ] wife sees
her sister and I wander around gun shops .
Old 07-10-2018, 9:36 PM

For anyone that travels to different states, if you find a Sheels nearby it is worth the stop. There is one north of Denver and one in Billings MT that I frequent on my travels. They have huge Ferris wheels in the middle of the store, really well stocked gun areas with things like Nemo ARs in .300WM, Tactical Solutions 10/22s, special edition and hard to find Sigs, Ruger, Kimbers. Also for a reloader they stock Dillon 650s, 550s, SDB as well as all the supporting parts, lab radar chromos etc. all at great prices.
We must be on calguns...
Old 07-12-2018, 5:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Mist Maker View Post
I do more than my fair share to try and stop this crap... NRA Life benefactor, GOLDEN EAGLE, which by the way if you don't know is a $200 per year additional membership and attend regularly to friends of the NRA dinners and donate to the cause whenever I can. So YES I'm pissed off at the ones like yourself who probably don't even live in CA and do nothing but criticize those of us who do. With folks like yourself, we don't need the Dem's or the Anti gun crowd.
LOL, more misplaced anger. Being pissed at me does no more good than being pissed at Cabelas. You can keep blaming your woes on whom ever you choose, but so far you've not placed the blame on the proper parties.
Old 07-15-2018, 6:07 PM

Cabelas is a buisness and if the bean counters decide it makes more financial sense to ship to California then they will. Stores will base policy off of the mighty dollar and not if we find it convienient and nor should they. Obviously shipping ammo to California is not putting them under so why should they deal with stupid state laws.