Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 09-27-2012, 9:37 PM
Banned

Default Question for women who shoot AR-15's

I like to train all kinds of people in the shooting arts, and I really want to get a lot more of my women shooters into rifles, but (and I don't mean to sound like I'm stereotyping too much) most of the women don't have a whole lot of upper body strength, so even shooting pistols I find them leaning back so that their upper body weight offsets the front-heaviness of the gun.

So, I'm going to build an ar specifically for ladies (although anyone is free to shoot it) and my goal is to make it as light as possible. And I'm going to put the new Pink magpul MOE handguards, grip, and stock on it.

Since I'm a big gross stinky crass man, I'd like the opinion of the ladies here whether they think they'd enjoy shooting a rifle that looks like that, and whether I've addressed the concerns a lot of women have about the weight of the gun.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:02 PM

I'd do it, if you leave off the pink.
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieB View Post
I'd do it, if you leave off the pink.
Ok, I've been talking to a few ladies on Facebook and Ii've heard a lot of good stuff about it! Here's sorta how it'd look....

Old 09-27-2012, 10:20 PM
Cat-in-a Box/NRA Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

NO PINK!
seriously!
NO PINK!
very seriously!
NO PINK!
don't even think about it!

otherwise, looks and sounds good to me.

and just in case my point wasn't made loud and/or clear enough: NO PINK.

thank you very much.
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D
Old 09-27-2012, 10:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by movie zombie View Post
NO PINK!
seriously!
NO PINK!
very seriously!
NO PINK!

thank you very much.
How do you like the grey?
Old 09-27-2012, 10:57 PM

Grey's good. No pink, no purple. A nice shade of teal would be good....

Seriously. This pink thing is not for me. You could offer it as an option, but I wouldn't buy it. Pink shooting gear seems like something a man imagines a woman would want. I'll bet the women here will have opinions.

I do occasionally wear a pink camo T shirt, but people who know me are well aware that I mean it as a joke. Really.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:01 PM
Cat-in-a Box/NRA Lifetime

i like the grey.
i would like bronze.
perhaps even gold.
even silver.
thank you for asking!

and while i adore orange as an accessory, i probably would not like it on that particular rifle......but you never know! i might adore orange on that particular rifle.

sticking with earth colors is probably best....even a khaki green/tan would be better than pink!
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D
Old 09-27-2012, 11:08 PM
Banned

The kits are so cheap I think I might just get both. I've heard from a lot of younger girls that they think the pink is SUPER cute. Seriously! And with the price of those BCM stripped lightweight uppers, it seems pretty easy to piece together a rifle a few hundred bucks at a time...
Old 09-28-2012, 12:21 AM
Banned

Just priced it all out, I could get a complete gun put together with a BCM lightweight 16 inch barrel moe stock and grip (the sticky kind, love it!) and the MOE mid length handguards. Oh, did I mention it's gonna be a middy? That should be a little more comfortable for the ladies to shoot I think. And probably one of those baby FSC556's to reduce muzzle rise. Last, but not least, magpul rear BUIS.

Man, for 1200 bucks I can get a rifle that will probably shoot MOA no swea (if not better) and yet it'll be super lightweight, modern looking, incredibly useful and adaptable, and with 10 round mags, probably one of the lightest guns you can build.

Super light, Super inexpensive, but in NO way cheap. Hell, that's a gun I'd carry to war any day. And in PINK!
Old 09-28-2012, 5:40 AM

I have an AR 15 and I love it. Black and mean looking, but it isn't mean at all. Love shooting it.

I love your idea, gun sounds fantastic. Ummmmmm..........Cept the pink part. :-)

I don't expect everything handed to me. Just set it down anywhere. Unknown
Old 09-28-2012, 6:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by savannah View Post
I have an AR 15 and I love it. Black and mean looking, but it isn't mean at all. Love shooting it.

I love your idea, gun sounds fantastic. Ummmmmm..........Cept the pink part. :-)
That's the great thing about being able to swap out the MOE furniture pretty easy, accessorizing baby! Yeah! Haha
Old 09-30-2012, 8:46 PM

I agree with the No Pink. All black or some tan would be nice.
Old 10-01-2012, 6:35 AM

Absolutely no pink - Wow, talk about a walking target. I shot my first AR the other day - only about 6.5 lbs - not sure how you could get it much lighter. One rifle I tried had the normal grip for the trigger but it also had a handle grip under the hand guard. I liked the feel of that one.

Love the look of your AR's - does that shoot 223's and 5.56? The rear sight - is that a diamond back? Really, really nice gun but only in black or dark gray.

Maybe some women lean forward because we have additional body equipment on our chest LOL.

Last edited by vision1214; 10-01-2012 at 6:38 AM..
Old 10-01-2012, 8:02 AM

I love shooting our Ar, but I shoot it sitting down. That takes away most issues that women have with the gun.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moarammo View Post
I like to train all kinds of people in the shooting arts, and I really want to get a lot more of my women shooters into rifles, but (and I don't mean to sound like I'm stereotyping too much) most of the women don't have a whole lot of upper body strength, so even shooting pistols I find them leaning back so that their upper body weight offsets the front-heaviness of the gun.
I would suggest to you, that if women lean back while shooting, it may not be the gun that creates the front-heaviness

Don't be anxious about stereotyping. We know our bodies are different than men's. If women lean back with rifles, it may be arm-strength that is the culprit. That can be fixed with lifting some small weights.

Last edited by BonnieB; 10-01-2012 at 11:08 AM..
Old 10-01-2012, 10:03 PM

Don't be anxious about stereotyping. We know our bodies are different than men's. If women lean back with rifles, it may be arm-strength that is the culprit. That can be fixed with lifting some small weights.

Put an AR in each hand and lift up and down 100 times a day lol

Last edited by vision1214; 10-01-2012 at 10:06 PM..
Old 10-01-2012, 10:05 PM

Length of stock can make you lean back also. Having an adjustable stock will make it a perfect length for shorter arms. I adjusted to 4 inches less. Worked for me.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:23 PM

Yeah, I'm gonna chime in and say No Pink!! Personally, (and this is me being a *****) anyone that refers to a pink AR as "super cute" is not a serious shooter but that is JMO.

I like drab/olive or black. It's kind of funny, I think most of the ladies here are pink intolerant. Me included. Lol. When Bill first bought his guns last year, he wanted me to get in to it too. Wasn't interested and one of the guys at te range said "Here, your wife will LOVE this!" And showed him a pink Bersa 380. Bill was like "not on your life, my wife would shoot me with that" Why is it people think pink is universally loved by ladies?
Old 10-02-2012, 7:38 AM

Quote:
Grey's good. No pink, no purple. A nice shade of teal would be good....
Actually, there was a guy in the rifle forum that had black splattered with red on the lowers and I really liked that.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:39 PM

there is a guy on youtube- iraqveteran8888. He has a video describing how many men automatically assume that women want pink guns, which is generally not true. What they do want is good looking guns, and pink guns just don't look good. If I remember properly he showed, what he thought, was a great female-marketed handgun, I think by kel-tec. It had gold scrolling on it, I thought it looked really cool.
Old 10-09-2012, 7:02 PM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by movie zombie View Post
NO PINK!
seriously!
NO PINK!
very seriously!
NO PINK!

thank you very much.
ditto
In all honesty I waffle between finding you disgusting and pitying you that your life is so void of anything substantial that you measure yourself by 'conquests' and who you know that can get you in where.
Old 10-09-2012, 9:28 PM

While I would consider pink so that others wouldn't touch my guns, I say no bubble gum pink. Maybe a more of a jewel toned fuschia, turquoise, or purple I would consider. I don't like ARs because they are too heavy for me and the leaning back is partially due to the length of pull.

I think the younger people who think it's cute mostly grew up being told they are a princess. They are a different generation.

Last edited by C6H6; 10-09-2012 at 9:30 PM..
Old 10-10-2012, 11:14 PM

Just order an AR - will get it next week and it is allllllll black lol. Never understood the pink thing. You are not going to be taken seriously if you pull out a pink hand gun or rifle. Black, black, black and maybe some army green but that is it.
Old 10-12-2012, 7:30 PM

I agree with the no baby pink thing, but dark hot pink and black is just a cool combination. However, once I get my AR I plan to do this with it (just because all black is boring to me).
:X

Old 10-13-2012, 8:37 AM
Veteran Member

My wife would take exception to the "no pink" serious exception! She is in the process of building herself a Modern Sporting Rifle. Her specs are Flat Top Upper, 18in Stainless Barrel, Muzzle Brake, Pink Houge Floating Handgard, Pink Grip, Pink RRA Butt Stock. She is looking into what type of optics she wants (Red Dot or Scope) she also hasn't settled on the trigger.

My wife is pretty mechanically inclined so she is going to build it herself, I will help only if she ask, no meddling husband here.

But she loves pink and being a woman who loves shooting and wants a "girly" gun! And, yes I tease her about her pink stuff all the time, it falls on deaf ears.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:29 AM
Veteran Member

Upper body strength really isn't the issue unless you're talking about holding the gun up for a long period of time (which just isn't the case at a range which you usually have a bench).

As an example, I was shooting 12 gagues competitivly when I was on an all girls skeet team (I was 13 years old and my team members were usually under 16) and wasn't more than 5 foot and 100 pounds. And those guns were 9ish pounds, much less than my AR which was about 6ish pounds before I added all the accessories.

And I HATE pink. HATE HATE HATE.
WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up. Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL
Old 10-13-2012, 10:30 AM
Veteran Member

My AR is olive drab and black. Sexy too!
WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up. Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL
Old 10-13-2012, 9:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph View Post
I agree with the no baby pink thing, but dark hot pink and black is just a cool combination. However, once I get my AR I plan to do this with it (just because all black is boring to me).
:X

popped in here looking for the answer to something else. didn't find it, but i like this color scheme much better than the typical dark green, olive, or w/e same 5 colors people always feel so "unique" and "creative" using.

although i also want to color a few other guns up (no classics though), none of which involve the typical color schemes or art ive ever seen.
Old 10-14-2012, 4:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmikeblues7 View Post
there is a guy on youtube- iraqveteran8888. He has a video describing how many men automatically assume that women want pink guns, which is generally not true. What they do want is good looking guns, and pink guns just don't look good. If I remember properly he showed, what he thought, was a great female-marketed handgun, I think by kel-tec. It had gold scrolling on it, I thought it looked really cool.
After working in a gun store for a while, I've come to notice that it's a generational thing. Generally speaking, women who grew up in the 60's and 70's tend to stay away from pink, whereas younger women are less opposed to the idea of a pink gun (and pink accessories). That being said, the biggest issue is that many guys think that pink guns are silly and they won't take someone shooting a pink gun seriously (I suppose at least until the shooter proves their competence).

My biggest fear is that guns painted pink (or other garish colors) look too much like toys, and if they look like toys, then there's the risk that the person handling it will treat it as such, which is just the recipe for someone getting hurt.
Old 10-14-2012, 5:39 AM

Good point Pidgeon. I don't have kids at home anymore, but I definitely see your point. Mine is solid black with gold NRA logo on it. I am a black AR kinda girl, but that is why they are so much fun. They are tinker toys for grown ups. You can make them to look like whatever you like.

I don't expect everything handed to me. Just set it down anywhere. Unknown
Old 10-14-2012, 5:53 AM
Calguns Addict

My wife wants one with this green
Old 10-14-2012, 5:26 PM

Ummm...last weekend after competing in Vegas for the Olympia, myself and a handful of friends all went shooting, pistols, rifles, shotguns...

Honestly, if someone really wants to shoot a weapons system, they'll have to train their body as well...I don't find the guns heavy at all lol. But maybe I'm different, my 16" BCM upper by most is considered "heavy" lol. I have a moe grip, ctr stock, and just finished the build literally right before the Olympia lol.

Pink is fine, but I prefer FDE or BLK. Gray looks good from the above image. But my daughter actually loves pink, and that will be going her Noveske and BCM builds...if my kids can shoot an AR just fine...

My younger cousin a year ago was 93 pounds, feather weight, had trouble shouldering a shotgun and an AK she wanted. She ended up spending a year training, is now 114 pounds of lean muscle, has gone into fitness modeling, and has been running some classes with her new AK and 870 extac...she had an mp sport she koted pink, but has since ditched for a purpose build ak, and is assembling a green ar in 300BLK...

Its just mindset. Fire Arms are weapons systems, not toys, or accessories, if someone is serious about shooting, they need to own up to what it takes to use and train with such things.

Its like pretty barbie dolls with their stock beemer 3 series, then there are others with mean nasty heavily built corvettes lol. Just differences in ppl...
Old 10-14-2012, 8:25 PM

You are welcome here, Quickshift. Everyone is, who is civil. But some of us are younger, some older, some really ancient, like me. Some are rounder, not all are athletes, although some are. There are some who really do like pink, some like orange.

Congratulations on your body building successes. I agree everyone should try to be in the best shape possible. But one of the points of learning firearms is to level the playing field. We get enough attitude from the men.
Old 10-15-2012, 2:06 PM

Quote:
You are welcome here, Quickshift. Everyone is, who is civil. But some of us are younger, some older, some really ancient, like me. Some are rounder, not all are athletes, although some are. There are some who really do like pink, some like orange.

Congratulations on your body building successes. I agree everyone should try to be in the best shape possible. But one of the points of learning firearms is to level the playing field. We get enough attitude from the men.
They aren't that heavy. And with the new line of Moe goods, keeping it simple is even easier. A quick lower build coupled with say BCM's lightweight upper 14.5 or 16, does not weigh much if anything at all, the heavier barreled and railed uppers are harder for folks to use. But BCM and Daniel Defense LW offerings seem a good options for some.

And yes leveling a field IS good, but if one wants to tip in their favor, leveling is not enough, proper training with ones equipment is as essential as conditioning their own body, when not at the court house or police department, I also train others on the side. I have a 55yo mother of 5 thats going from 220 goaled to at least reach 150, after about a month of work shes down to 205. She aims to lose fat, and build muscle in place. She should easily reach that goal in a years time, minor increases in intensity.

And its not an attitude, just a statement, its never to late to change ones life style and become healthier. I've worked with a 60yo woman both in gym and on range, who has a healthy love for revolvers lol.

Older, Young, as I said, its never to late, if people have physical impairments that hinder their ability for intense work put in in terms of exercise, then one can work within limited means, when a person loses excess body fat, and strengthens up? Things that were difficult get much easier. I have 3 rugrats and trust me, I know what busy is. We have the Sema autoshow my hubs is prepare for at the end of the month, we have a few builds that will be on display during a private after party. And then Shot is coming up as well.

Besides other activities one must commit to, like social gatherings for work or family.

If it comes off as I am aggressive I apologize. But really its just an outlook I have, I've dealt with many many people who often say can't, often. Once they've dropped enough pounds and changed their lives around, they don't use that word as much. I've had people with no will power or drive, say can't. And the word "try" only counts for so much. They cave, go back to an unhealthy life style, and continue to use the words can't or I try.

In a fighting mindset, when you use your weapons systems for yourself, protection of others? You don't want an equalizer, you want a tip in scale for yourself. And those you are protecting. Lighter weight items are great, may help one move better. Less add on dodads on ones rifle and such may be beneficial as well. However a weapon shouldn't solely be a bridge gap for ones inadequacies. Especially when they can be fixed. Moe stuff may compliment others setups as they wish, color as is; everyone elses preference.

I didn't get work done at ATEi on my pistols, or stuff from apex, to equalize, they compliment an ever building, practiced skillset that makes me a better and more fluid combatant.

What do you do when say your Esee 5 is to thick in your hand? You drem and file the micarta till it fits your hands perfectly/comfortably.

One doesn't have to be an athlete or capable of those level feats. But like mentioned if conditioning ones body helps tip a scale in ones favor, while having the best kit and fire arms they can procure isn't that a good thing?

Lastly and again, if I come off a bit aggressive I do apologize for the coarseness, but unless someone is really disabled? There isn't an excuse for why someone doesn't better themselves, and increase their survivability in a natural disaster, or utilizing their kit complimented by their skillset and fitness level to increase the odds of their safety and those around them.

If others feel insulted, apologies. If others feel inspired to change their life style, or have already and this just pushes them further along to get to their goals. Thats good. Just saying if someone wishes to make effective use of what they buy, being properly trained, as well fit enough to combatively sustain or take action, is a good thing.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:41 AM

Well, you didn't insult me. I have a disorder similar to MS. Yes, there are things I can't do...not won't do but can't do....like run, walk over 75 feet without having to sit down. Can't was never in my vocabulary before this illness happened. However, I did lose 32lbs simply by eating 1200 calories a day and that was without exercise since treadmills are out, jogging, walking etc. It is possible to lose weight without kick boxing or running a marathon. I worked with a nutritionalist and she was amazed that I was losing 2lbs a week with no exercise. I am sure there are a few people on this board that have their own story of some disorders that makes it virtually impossible to do what a healthy person can do no matter how badly you want to do these things that you once did so easily. No excuses, that is just how it is and it took me a long time to come to grips with that situation.

I loved guns before I was diagnosed and one reason I got my CHL was because I got this disorder. I can't run from the bad guys. I am easily thrown off balance so I have to stand my ground. If the world goes crazy, I will stand my ground in my home. There will not be hiking in the woods to get away from the craziness. Here is where I will make my stand. Where would you go anyway?

Now back to the AR. I picked one for my needs...good quality but not heavy. I picked one with a light weight barrel and had all the furniture replaced with magpul products and it is very functional but weight was taken off of it so it is managable for me. All my hand guns are bought with that in mind. You will never see me with a 50 cal Desert Eagle.

So pick your AR carefully - adjust to your needs and you will love that gun.

I love mine..................

Last edited by vision1214; 10-22-2012 at 12:45 AM..
Old 10-22-2012, 7:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moarammo View Post
Ok, I've been talking to a few ladies on Facebook and Ii've heard a lot of good stuff about it! Here's sorta how it'd look....

The pink one is cute for a lady,i think. How much is it?
Old 10-22-2012, 7:26 PM

I like the black and pink too, but far too commonplace to actually own one (hence the dusty purple and black instead).
Old 10-22-2012, 7:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onequickshift View Post
And its not an attitude, just a statement, its never to late to change ones life style and become healthier. I've worked with a 60yo woman both in gym and on range, who has a healthy love for revolvers lol.

Lastly and again, if I come off a bit aggressive I do apologize for the coarseness, but unless someone is really disabled? There isn't an excuse for why someone doesn't better themselves, and increase their survivability in a natural disaster, or utilizing their kit complimented by their skillset and fitness level to increase the odds of their safety and those around them.

If others feel insulted, apologies. If others feel inspired to change their life style, or have already and this just pushes them further along to get to their goals. Thats good. Just saying if someone wishes to make effective use of what they buy, being properly trained, as well fit enough to combatively sustain or take action, is a good thing.
Don't apologize. You have an attitude - a good one. You don't sound aggressive to me, you sound motivating and knowledgeable. I am getting close to 60, yoga is giving me my edge. Lots of upper body, balance and flexibility along with a warrior focus and mindset. I am also enjoying the improvements in my shooting. Its all good.
Old 10-22-2012, 9:21 PM
Space Cadet

I dig the gray, it's different enough from the black to provide contrast without being too blatant. I think a dark hunter green or other dark jewel tone would look good (or olive drab, but if you want something a little out of the ordinary, you'd be avoiding that anyway.)

Personally, I don't like pink either. If I were going to own a pink gun, it would either be ironic in which case I'd go completely overboard and put girly decals (anybody else the right generation to remember Lisa Frank binders?) and streamers (like bike handlebars) all over it, or it would be primarily for advocacy to draw younger girls to be interested in guns. I have noticed that "girly" looking firearms do draw girls in the <15 age range to the Calguns booth at shows.
Old 10-25-2012, 2:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision1214 View Post
Well, you didn't insult me. I have a disorder similar to MS. Yes, there are things I can't do...not won't do but can't do....like run, walk over 75 feet without having to sit down. Can't was never in my vocabulary before this illness happened. However, I did lose 32lbs simply by eating 1200 calories a day and that was without exercise since treadmills are out, jogging, walking etc. It is possible to lose weight without kick boxing or running a marathon. I worked with a nutritionalist and she was amazed that I was losing 2lbs a week with no exercise. I am sure there are a few people on this board that have their own story of some disorders that makes it virtually impossible to do what a healthy person can do no matter how badly you want to do these things that you once did so easily. No excuses, that is just how it is and it took me a long time to come to grips with that situation.

I loved guns before I was diagnosed and one reason I got my CHL was because I got this disorder. I can't run from the bad guys. I am easily thrown off balance so I have to stand my ground. If the world goes crazy, I will stand my ground in my home. There will not be hiking in the woods to get away from the craziness. Here is where I will make my stand. Where would you go anyway?

Now back to the AR. I picked one for my needs...good quality but not heavy. I picked one with a light weight barrel and had all the furniture replaced with magpul products and it is very functional but weight was taken off of it so it is managable for me. All my hand guns are bought with that in mind. You will never see me with a 50 cal Desert Eagle.

So pick your AR carefully - adjust to your needs and you will love that gun.

I love mine..................
Vision, folks with honest to God health issues is not a problem, I used to do vol work at Mission Hospital in their PT area, as long as you do your best to get movement and exercise in, something as always, is better then nothing. As far as AR weight lots of manufacts like Daniel Defense, BCM, and etc have lightweight options. Personally I do use both, however, I do on occasion prefer weightier because the weight helps offset when I do train with other gear on, from bags, and body armor and etc with my friends and family during weekend outtings and run and gun sessions.

As for making a stand in your home, and backwoods trekking, you do what you can, where and when you can. As for where would one go, we have a few homes here in Southern California, one is on around 20 acres of land, we have stores that are sub ground level, we keep homes in Colorado, Texas, Utah, and a few other places as well, honestly, if crazy occurs, would entrench for a long while, then retreat to another home stead. But as I said, you do what you can, where you are.

But in anycase, stay safe, and its good that you have equipment, and use them, not everyone can run and gun, so getting stationary range time is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupa Cabra View Post
Don't apologize. You have an attitude - a good one. You don't sound aggressive to me, you sound motivating and knowledgeable. I am getting close to 60, yoga is giving me my edge. Lots of upper body, balance and flexibility along with a warrior focus and mindset. I am also enjoying the improvements in my shooting. Its all good.
Thank you, but I digress; because of the nature of 2 of my jobs, I can come off as a bit aggressive. Used to it I guess. And IF I motivate others, that is a good thing. Because like cars, one doesn't just build a vehicle with the best parts available, and don't get practice time driving, from road racing to drag racing, you need to put the time in. Same with weapons system one uses for defense of themselves and others, if they are able, they should always put the training time in. Yoga is very good for you! Nice! Do some weights, don't be afraid of a little lifting, and eat well. Put back in to replenish what you work off.

Right now I am also working with a friend of my Hubby's and his wife, they came in at 388 and 241. After 90 days of work, and meal plans, they are down to 312 and 199. Which is amazing progress. Their goal is to fit up in time for mud run next year, great goal.