Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 07-15-2018, 8:39 AM
Calguns Addict

Default I love this capitalist gun

So, CA-DOJ is holding AW registration approval on my AKs while approving my first batch of ARs. My own decision was really based on cockedandglocked's advice to separate them. Maybe I should have grouped the pistols and the AKs into separate applications, but saving $15 proved to be too much of a temptation for El Cheapo.

Been playing with my ARs in CA as the others are housed in NV for now. Just appreciating how nice you AR guys have it. It seems that everything is meant for the AR. Optics are the correct height, safeties and triggers drop in, and parts choices are bewildering. None of this filing and sanding parts to fit.

The only downside is having to re-learn what accessories are silly and what are essential.

I guess SB880 is making me an AR fanboi!

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Old 07-15-2018, 2:54 PM

Yeah, honestly the DOJ should have been trained if theres a BB + Pistol Grip = AW to be registered no matter if other stated features are or are not present
Old 07-16-2018, 5:28 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

from all the horror stories I have seen online, and my personal experience, it seems to me like some of their approvers see it, and might know what they are looking for, or just approve it, while others were asking for more info, or flagging everything
Old 07-16-2018, 1:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
from all the horror stories I have seen online, and my personal experience, it seems to me like some of their approvers see it, and might know what they are looking for, or just approve it, while others were asking for more info, or flagging everything

Yeah, what you say is probably and accurately true. The ones that are flagging things and saying this or that is not correct are probably the same ones that want an outright ban on all weapons and have a god complex in doing so.

But such a case is documented and if any agents have a 100% flag rate..... there can be a lawsuit right there, especially if the stuff they flagged met requirements for registration.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:27 AM
I'm with stupid ☝️
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

There aren't really any "essential" AR accessories, though I know I won't talk you out of trying out a bunch anyways I have a big drawer full of all kinds of lights and lasers and bipods and lights and other doohickies that I've tried on my ARs at various times and eventually gave up on because all they really added was weight/bulk. How often does someone really use a tactical light? I can see having one on your primary HD rifle, but some people have them on all their ARs despite never going shooting at night.

To me, it's so much more enjoyable to shoot an AR when there isn't 1-3lbs of junk on the muzzle end.

One obvious exception is an optic of some sort. A less obvious exception is that I like to put angled forward grips on all my ARs because, for me, it makes them way more comfortable to hold for long periods of time.

Don't panic. As of 11/21/2018, only around 40% of BBRAW applicants have received their letter. DOJ is still actively processing them... slowly. In the meantime: