Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 07-10-2018, 10:19 AM

Default Anyone getting Incomplete Email post 7/1/18

Anyone still getting the incomplete email from DOJ to modify/fix their configuration or fix picture or submitted info?

This will indicate that the process is still moving.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:37 AM
Veteran Member

Yes, there are people posting in the main BBAW registration thread that they have gotten incomplete/submission complete emails after 7/1. You have 30 days after any incomplete notice to fix the submission before CFARS cancels your application, so check your spam filters and check the CFARS site periodically to make sure none of your line items are marked "incomplete".
Old 07-10-2018, 12:29 PM
Veteran Member

Yes.
Old 07-11-2018, 9:32 AM

Yes I got a notice of incomplete on 7/5/18, and just now was actually able to get into the system and make the required updates.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:42 AM

Yes just got one right now
Old 07-12-2018, 12:14 AM

CFARS woke up yesterday for mine. 24 emails yesterday, and about a half dozen more today!!
Old 07-12-2018, 12:25 AM
Front Toward Enemy 🔫
CGN Contributor

Would anyone care to share what reasons the apps were marked incomplete, and what updated info was required? I’d rather be prepared for any possibility than be caught off guard. Thanks,

"Texans always move them!"
General Robert E. Lee, May 6, 1864 - Battle of the Wilderness
Old 07-12-2018, 1:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
CFARS woke up yesterday for mine. 24 emails yesterday, and about a half dozen more today!!
What date(s) were your applications submitted?
Old 07-12-2018, 7:33 AM
Veteran Member

What exactly is in the notification emails? I should search for that in my spam folder. Will it have CFARS in the text somewhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
A real live woman is more expensive than a fleshlight. Which would you rather have?
Old 07-12-2018, 9:31 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
What exactly is in the notification emails? I should search for that in my spam folder. Will it have CFARS in the text somewhere?
Emails from CFARS in my case have "CFARS" as the subject line and the sender is bofcris@doj.ca.gov. Adjust your spam filters accordingly.
Old 07-12-2018, 9:34 AM

Go to the Registration Guide I think under "How CA Law affects me" There will have example of historical incomplete questions and how folks resolved them.

Sounds like the Registration process is still in full swing except no longer accepting new applications. By all estimates, it will be going for many months to come.
Old 07-12-2018, 9:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyPhD View Post
What date(s) were your applications submitted?
May 22nd.

Most of the things listed were pretty simple; an AR that I put with a .223 barrel needed to be listed as Firearm with Multiple Barrels, since it listed MULTI under caliber, better pictures (baby powder is your friend to make serial numbers pop out on black or blued guns! ), etc. Nothing that I would've seriously been worried about, though. They've been very quick getting back once you make any corrections/changes to the form.
Old 07-12-2018, 4:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHawk View Post
Would anyone care to share what reasons the apps were marked incomplete, and what updated info was required? Id rather be prepared for any possibility than be caught off guard. Thanks,
My AR lower doesn't have a caliber listed so they requested a picture of the caliber stamp on the barrel.

For my AK I listed the importer as the manufacturer and listed the original manufacturer in the notes. They asked me to change the manufacturer.
Old 07-12-2018, 4:42 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHawk View Post
Would anyone care to share what reasons the apps were marked incomplete, and what updated info was required? Id rather be prepared for any possibility than be caught off guard. Thanks,
This thread would be of help for you: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1397631
Old 07-12-2018, 7:39 PM

Yesterday I received 4 emails detailing discrepancies with two registrations. One of them related to a model number that did not have a dash between the letters and the numbers. I had used the model number on my DROS form and it did not have a dash. Other discrepancies were caliber and picture issues. I corrected all discrepancies online and resubmitted. At least all correspondence is clearly stated and repeated in CRIS/CFARS. So, there is a history on file that identifies what you changed and why.
Old 07-13-2018, 7:35 AM
Veteran Member

I got four emails, their fault for making it way to complicated. I checked the box (by mistake) for under 30", but I am not reassemble them so I can send a picture with a tape measure next to them. Then of course I listed the actual chambering and not "Multi" for a receiver with interchangeable barrels. Re-submitted withing a few minutes, back in their court
Old 07-13-2018, 12:29 PM

I got one for not marking telescoping stock. but looking at my application, Telescoping stock is clearly marked...Not sure what to do here...
Old 07-13-2018, 12:45 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
I got one for not marking telescoping stock. but looking at my application, Telescoping stock is clearly marked...Not sure what to do here...
I would resubmit and state in the comments section: "Collapsing stock feature has been checked. Thank you for your input."

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Old 07-13-2018, 1:01 PM

I will try to do that. I was freaking out a few minutes ago as well because I had nowhere to edit the application. Turns out the DOJ guy was actively viewing the record so I couldn't make any changes. We'll see how it goes when I resubmit all their requested corrections.
Old 07-13-2018, 1:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Be sure the website is working correctly.

Do not use IE or Edge as is jumbles up prior web pages with the one you just tried to open. I can usually clear it by hitting the web page refresh.

Did you print out as paper copy or pdf you original that day application?

Also just in case due to the weirdness of the website uncheck that feature then recheck it before resubmission.

Resubmit and add comments like you are talking to your mom, (nothing vicious) and simply state-"Resubmitting application-I have verified my rifle does have a folding (or telescoping) stock and verified have that defined AW feature is checked on my re-submission per request by CFARS". We have all found that the reviewers are clueless about firearms and apparently had their one day of training and then on the job learning so just be respectful, don't get frustrated, simply resubmit and if you must point out you had it correctly do it in the not so obvious you screwed up tone.

Other than their biases they are probably decent enough folks so don't piss them off or argue with them or you might get woken up in the middle of the night by the crash of your door coming out of the frame, your dog gets shot when it starts barking (its well known the dog bark goes right through the Kevlar vest like it is not there causing that annoying dog bark headache and sometimes getting dog slobber germs on the uniform), they drag your screaming wife out of her bed in her nighties and handcuff her and drag then drag her out to sit in the dirty gutter in front of the house, and they pull out all of your guns and ammo and put it on your driveway in carefully photogenic rows so it fits the television screen in one shot during the interview.

I think I could have figured out on my own how to register my BBAW's. .....but..... I do thank this thread (and the others) with the shared experiences of everyone with INCOMPLETES and receiving that legalese email that was hard to understand what their agenda was and what they wanted as it helped lessened my frustration's, fears, and wanting to just resubmit with a nasty comments that would not have helped out.

If you have time skim through the 80 pages and you will see you are in good company and no biggie to just re-submit and go along with it like you a playing a weird children's game.

Last edited by Xerxes; 07-13-2018 at 1:21 PM..
Old 07-15-2018, 4:11 PM

resubmitted everything today (with friendly comments) and I guess it's another waiting game again!