Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:31 AM
CGSSA Coordinator

Exclamation Last day to re-certify as an IDPA Safety Officer - DATE EXTENDED TO 9/29

If you are an IDPA SO in California, today is the last to day to re-certify under the new rulebook. Note that if you do not do the online re-certification, I believe that HQ will require you to re-take the entire SO class.

I don't know of a general link for the exam (although you can try this one: http://m1e.net/c?167581117-gV6rLvHNG...-BaX1GXGGH27Fc), but you should have a link in the email that you received from HQ on July 26th (it came from the address info@idpa.com).

------------

8/15 Update

HQ has extended the deadline to 9/29. After that, you will have to sit for the entire class if you want to re-certify.

Please follow the instructions in the email you previously received from HQ.

Last edited by Gryff; 08-15-2013 at 2:12 PM..
Old 08-12-2013, 11:59 AM
In Memoriam

I could be wrong, but I thought we had until the new rules were in effect.
10/1/13. Could not find anything on the IDPA web site or the IDPA forums about a cut off date of today.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:36 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3GunFunShooter View Post
I could be wrong, but I thought we had until the new rules were in effect.
10/1/13. Could not find anything on the IDPA web site or the IDPA forums about a cut off date of today.
Check the July email that you should have received. Here is what mine said:

Quote:
This email contains important information regarding your certification exam so you may wish file it for reference until after your exam is completed.
On Monday, July 29, 2013, you may access the IDPA Safety Officer Recertification exam beginning at 12:01 AM Central Time using the link below through August 12, 2013. Each link is tied to specific group of IDPA Member IDs, so if this link is shared, it may not be functional for other member IDs. The access code is your IDPA Member Number.
They give an email of SOEducation@idpa.com if you have problems. You might try contacting them about the deadline, but there is the likelihood that they won't get back to you until after the deadline. The email says to contact your club coordinator, who will then contact the Area Coordinator on your behalf.

FYI, here is the entire email that I received:

Quote:
Safety Officer Recertification Exam

This email contains important information regarding your certification exam so you may wish file it for reference until after your exam is completed.
On Monday, July 29, 2013, you may access the IDPA Safety Officer Recertification exam beginning at 12:01 AM Central Time using the link below through August 12, 2013. Each link is tied to specific group of IDPA Member IDs, so if this link is shared, it may not be functional for other member IDs. The access code is your IDPA Member Number.

As a reminder from the email you received on April 30, here are some specifics:
  • The final IDPA Rulebook was posted on June 26th, 2013 (see link, below).
  • The on-line test of 100 questions is focused on changes/updates in the new rulebook. These questions are randomly selected from a pool of more than 200 questions.
  • The exam is open book, meaning you can use a copy of the 2013 IDPA rule book and other materials, such as acronym definitions from www.IDPA.com to assist you in answering the questions. Link for the Rulebook is listed below.
  • A score of 85% or higher is required to pass.
  • You will have 2 opportunities to pass the test. Anyone not passing the exam after 2 attempts will be locked out of the system and will need to take the full length SO class from a Safety Officer Instructor (SOI).
  • Immediate feedback on missed questions is provided within the software at the end of the exam, along with the citation from the rulebook explaining the correct answer.
  • Participants will receive a grade at the end of the exam with an acknowledgment of passing or failing.
  • There is a time limit of 2 hours (120 minutes) for the test.
  • You may stop and save your work and return at a later time within the specified timeframe above to finish.
  • You will need to provide your First Name, Last Name, IDPA Member ID and email address. Instructions on the screen will guide you from question to question. You will also be asked to certify that you agree to the SO Code of Conduct.
We encourage you to take the exam within one-week of your testing date so IDPA can process each of the Groups in an orderly and organized manner. If it is not possible for you to take the exam during your scheduled time period, please contact your club representative for rescheduling. Your club representative will then contact your area coordinator. Once you have passed the exam, you will no longer be able to login to the system.

If you have any technical issues (e.g. accessing test, website errors) with the test you can contact us at SOEducation@idpa.com. We will respond to your email within 2 business days.

We wish you a successful exam experience!

SO Recertification exam
The access code is your IDPA Member Number.
2013 IDPA rule book
Old 08-12-2013, 12:49 PM
In Memoriam

Thanks for the update Gryff. I would of thought they would of given us longer than 2 weeks to take the test, especially during the summer when most people have a lot going on. It was not high on my to do list. Heck, I just got reclassified to be able to shoot the state match. Oh well.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:53 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
Thanks for the update Gryff. I would of thought they would of given us longer than 2 weeks to take the test, especially during the summer when most people have a lot going on. It was not high on my to do list. Heck, I just got reclassified to be able to shoot the state match. Oh well.
When was the last time you saw IDPA be about the members?
Old 08-12-2013, 12:57 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
When was the last time you saw IDPA be about the members?
LOL! How true, how true.
Old 08-12-2013, 1:04 PM
Calguns.net Shooting Team

So you have to take a test on rules that are not official yet? What government aggency is this again?

Scott
Old 08-12-2013, 1:21 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM720 View Post
So you have to take a test on rules that are not official yet? What government aggency is this again?
Actually, it makes sense. The rules go into effect on 10/1. That's set in stone. They want to make sure that SOs are ready to go when that happens, especially if there is a sanctioned match shortly after the rule change (such as the CA State Match on 10/4).
Old 08-12-2013, 6:09 PM
In Memoriam

Over on Enos forum, IDPA section, SO Test thread, someone has stated date has been pushed back to 9/29/13. I hope this is correct.
Old 08-12-2013, 6:14 PM
Calguns Addict

I think it makes sense too as ir gives you a good idea of how many SOs you'll have and an idea of how many you'll need to dun through classes
Old 08-12-2013, 9:28 PM

Whatever the reason or timetable. I took the darn thing just now. Passed so I'm good and my club will continue to be good. Although IDPA is starting to irritate and bore me all at the same time, I still appreciate the heads up Gryff. Thanks Man.
Old 08-13-2013, 4:46 AM
In Memoriam

"IDPA is starting to irritate and bore me all at the same time"
My feelings also.
Old 08-13-2013, 9:53 AM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
"IDPA is starting to irritate and bore me all at the same time"
My feelings also.
I don't find it boring. It's a different beast than USPSA, and I enjoy both for different reasons. It is just IDPA comes out poorly in comparison to USPSA when you look that degree the sport is answerable to the paying members that it needs to survive.
Old 08-15-2013, 2:13 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Default Deadline extended

HQ has extended the re-certification deadline to 9/29.