Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 11-28-2009, 5:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwater OPS View Post
lol
Care to put your MONEY were your "LOL" is?

Probably Not.
Old 11-28-2009, 7:09 AM

That means almost nothing.....

There are only 200,000+/- Marines....there are 1.5 million in the Army. That there were a few bad eggs in Army means almost nothing in the context of the numbers....

My Dad is a Marine....served 2 tours in Vietnam in the 1/5 Marines as a scout/sniper....so I respect them.

I served in the Army Infantry...and not because I couldn't cut it as a Marine...lol. I know some guys that were Marines that were some of the stupidist people I know....but I know some from the Army that were just as dumb too.

And I can find Marine deviants too:

Quote:
Marine Sgt. pleads guilty to sex crimes in Hemet, gets 10 year sentence
Prosecutors said Bryan Damone Cunningham met the girl on the Internet when she was 13 and began traveling to Hemet to have sex with her. On May 23 he persuaded the men to have sex with her in exchange for their promises to join the Marines.

By Staff, City News Service

Friday, November 13, 2009 no comments | be the first to comment!
A Marine sergeant who offered two recruits sex with a 14-year-old girl if they would enlist pleaded guilty today to felony sex crimes and was sentenced to 10 years in prison.

Bryan Damone Cunningham, 34, worked as a military recruiter in Long Beach before he was arrested May 23.

Today he admitted committing lewd and lascivious acts and sodomizing a child under 14 in April and May.

Justin Willard and Homer Michael Daskalakis, both 19, pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of unlawful sex with a minor three years younger and were sentenced to five years probation.

Read more: http://www.sdnn.com/sandiego/2009-11...#ixzz0YAeLnGNr
ANOTHER:

Quote:
Brooklyn Marine sergeant & wife tortured, slain in Calif.; 4 of his men are arrested
BY Corky Siemaszko
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Updated Thursday, November 6th 2008, 12:30 PM

Brooklyn Marine Sgt. Jan Pawel Pietrzak and his wife, Quiana, seen in August wedding photo, were found tortured and slain Oct. 15 in their home near San Diego. Related ArticlesArticles
Obama to reject all Afghan war options before himVoice of the People for Nov. 16, 2009A cruel fate awaits pooches that wind up in city sheltersGallo: Gamesmanship or finagling?Nation's oldest female Marine is laid to rest after passing away on Veteran's DayService salutes servicemen: Military wives send sexy pictures to their husbands in Iraq, Afghanistan
A Brooklyn-raised Marine sergeant and his new bride were tortured and killed execution-style in their California home - allegedly by four other Marines under his command.

Sgt. Jan Pawel Pietrzak, who was raised in Bensonhurst, and his wife, Quiana, were found bound and gagged in the ransacked house, each shot in the head.

Pietrzak was the suspects' sergeant at Camp Pendleton, Quiana's mother said Wednesday.

"They're monsters," Faye Jenkins told the Daily News. "They're monsters."

Pietrzak's mother, Henryka Pietrzak-Varga, said she had prepared herself "for the possibility that my son could die in Iraq."

"But to die like this, in their own home?" she told The News. "They were good kids. They didn't deserve to die like this."

Investigators said the motive for murder was "financial gain." Neither mother believes that.

"When I found out what they did to them, it was like they killed me, too," Pietrzak-Varga said.

A spokesman for the Riverside County district attorney's office would not comment on reports that Pietrzak was killed by his own men.

Detectives also did not divulge what the accused Marines were looking for, but the suspects were tied to the crime by items found in their homes and on the military base.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz0YAfE4MKL
Old 11-28-2009, 7:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesmoke View Post
That means almost nothing.....

There are only 200,000+/- Marines....there are 1.5 million in the Army. That there were a few bad eggs in Army means almost nothing in the context of the numbers....

My Dad is a Marine....served 2 tours in Vietnam in the 1/5 Marines as a scout/sniper....so I respect them.

I served in the Army Infantry...and not because I couldn't cut it as a Marine...lol. I know some guys that were Marines that were some of the stupidist people I know....but I know some from the Army that were just as dumb too.

And I can find Marine deviants too:

ANOTHER:
Yes there are deviants in every branch of service. The FACT that the Army takes them knowing that they are deviants (i.e. Green) speaks volumes.

The Army Recruiters are like "SHARKS" they will do just about anything to make a quota it seems.

I simply was pointing out that the guy who was kicked out of the Corps' boot camp, could just go into the Army; this was not meant to bruise so many female genitals. Unfortunately the egos of some construe it as such.

I have an associate that was kicked out of the Navy under "other than honorable" circumstances. He is currently in the Army. So what? Does this bother Army types? Apparently it does.

Again, if you want to serve but don't meet the standard in another service (be it the AF, USMC etc) the Army is an viable option.
Old 11-28-2009, 7:41 AM

Yes, There is nothing wrong in joining any branch, Audie Murphy is a war hero and he tried different branches and ended up in the army. He did great things!!

I have worked with all the services minus Coast Guard in the combat zone. I can tell you that they are good in what they do. We the Marines are too.

If you want to serve then look for the ones you're qualified to go to. Just remember to join for a good reason.
Old 11-28-2009, 8:45 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST5MF View Post
Just to state the fact that it is quite easy to get into the Army; and they will take anyone regardless of his/her physical or mental short comings.
Fella,

Your "facts" are actually not "facts" at all.

DoD sets the accessions standards for each branch of service, they are basically the exact same across the board except for the AFQT. For the Army 31, the Marine Corps 32, Navy 35, Air Force 36). A five point difference between all the branches, which in reality, if you arent cutting over a 50, you are pretty stupid.

All branches have basically the same standards for waivers etc., capped at a certain PERCENTAGE, which means if course, that since the Army is the largest branch, will have the highest number of waivers.

Im not sure why you have such an attitude about Soldiers and the Army when the facts are that the Army carries the heavy load because the other branches cant.

Why dont you break it down and let us know why you have such a piss poor attitude. Are you one of those "frogmen" that couldnt hack it in Ranger School?
Old 11-28-2009, 8:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavTrooper View Post
Fella,

Your "facts" are actually not "facts" at all.

DoD sets the accessions standards for each branch of service, they are basically the exact same across the board except for the AFQT. For the Army 31, the Marine Corps 32, Navy 35, Air Force 36). A five point difference between all the branches, which in reality, if you arent cutting over a 50, you are pretty stupid.

All branches have basically the same standards for waivers etc., capped at a certain PERCENTAGE, which means if course, that since the Army is the largest branch, will have the highest number of waivers.

Im not sure why you have such an attitude about Soldiers and the Army when the facts are that the Army carries the heavy load because the other branches cant.

Why dont you break it down and let us know why you have such a piss poor attitude. Are you one of those "frogmen" that couldnt hack it in Ranger School?
More hurt egos.

Wow- the Army has a bunch of cry babies.

Ranger School? I did enjoy taking the boots to Ranger wannabee's at Ft Benning when I had to go through "Airborne" back in the day. The odds were stacked against them though 1 of us to every 4-5 of them.

I only know of one Team Guy who went through Ranger School, he was the class honorman. His name was David Goggins, you may have heard of him.

I need not starve myself or become puny by attending the Ranger School. HOT Chicks don't dig the pencil neck geek look nor the stupid hair cuts.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:52 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Care to put your MONEY were your "LOL" is?

Probably Not.
Could you clarify that a bit? I'm not sure what you are asking.

The troublemaker formerly known as Blackwater OPS.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:04 AM

Quote:
More hurt egos.

Wow- the Army has a bunch of cry babies.

Ranger School? I did enjoy taking the boots to Ranger wannabee's at Ft Benning when I had to go through "Airborne" back in the day. The odds were stacked against them though 1 of us to every 4-5 of them.

I only know of one Team Guy who went through Ranger School, he was the class honorman. His name was David Goggins, you may have heard of him.

I need not starve myself or become puny by attending the Ranger School. HOT Chicks don't dig the pencil neck geek look nor the stupid hair cuts.
so just so i can bask in your glory what exactly were(are) you in the navy, where have you been stationed, what schools awards do you have ect?
Old 11-28-2009, 12:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwa View Post
so just so i can bask in your glory what exactly were(are) you in the navy, where have you been stationed, what schools awards do you have ect?
I am not here to impress you nor showcase my background. I don't need a monicker in my post with a warfare pin, chevrons, and a bunch of ribbons to make me feel like I am somebody.

Your ego and feelings about your apparent branch of service has blinded you to my response to the OP. I would repeat myself but at this point I feel it would be quite moot.

Carry on.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Could you clarify that a bit? I'm not sure what you are asking.
Sure- if you can clarify what the "LOL" was all about?
Old 11-28-2009, 12:34 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Sure- if you can clarify what the "LOL" was all about?
Sure, I laughed out loud at the implication (by the way you phrased that sentence) that you were perhaps not a "real man", but instead some sort of unreal "FROGMAN". Than I posted a picture of what I thought this "FROGMAN" might look like, which also made me laugh. Also your branch cool-aid drinking makes me laugh. All the branches play a part in the overall defense strategy, no branch is really "better" than any other.

So now that we have established that, what did you mean James?

The troublemaker formerly known as Blackwater OPS.
Old 11-28-2009, 1:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
OK, so one of my family members signed up for the Marine Corps not too long ago.

He was still in high school when he signed up. He was really stoked about becoming a Marine and being in the Infantry (he wanted to go to Afghanistan).

This kid went from weighing 250+ pounds to 160. His father (ex-military), coached him through his quest to become lean and strong. I believe he was prepared (physically) for boot camp. He was tough. The word "quit" was not in his vocabulary.

He left to boot camp. According to the DI's, he was doing well at first. Then, things started happening. He was eating when he wasn't supposed to, pooping when he wasn't supposed to, falling asleep when he wasn't supposed to, getting his class in trouble, and supposedly committed several safety violations at the range.

He was removed and "discharged" about 1-2 weeks before graduation.

This is the limited information I have...given to me by his father and him.

From what I understand, he was told he could re-enlist and that the discharge wasn't "bad".

He feels he did nothing wrong. Says some of the stuff he got kicked out for were bogus. He is family and I want to believe what he tells me with all my heart...but...HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET KICKED OUT OF BOOTCAMP?

I find it hard to believe the Marine Corps would let him go that easily. And although his discharge is supposedly not "bad", I highly doubt that answer will fly if he ever wants to become a police officer or wants to get a high-paying professional job.

What do you guys think? What should he do next? Re-enlist and finish what he started? Go to another branch? Maybe its a sign?

you get kicked out being a jackass. its not like the marine corps infantry is in a hurry to turn people down right now. and it doesnt matter what he thinks about the situation because its done. instead of re enlisting, i recommend he grows up and realizes violence isnt fun or something to be glorified.
Old 11-28-2009, 1:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Sure, I laughed out loud at the implication (by the way you phrased that sentence) that you were perhaps not a "real man", but instead some sort of unreal "FROGMAN". Than I posted a picture of what I thought this "FROGMAN" might look like, which also made me laugh. Also your branch cool-aid drinking makes me laugh. All the branches play a part in the overall defense strategy, no branch is really "better" than any other.

So now that we have established that, what did you mean James?
No branch Kool-Aid drinking here. I have not implied that my branch nor any branch has some superior place in the DOD; only that if one fails to meet the standard in a branch of service that the Army would welcome them with open arms. Never thought it would bruise so many egos. There are a lot of insecurities in those who serve in the Army it appears.

Also thought that you were making an attempt call me out as a BSer; but because you choose to go by names- you also apparently know my background; but from what source(?).

Last edited by ST5MF; 11-28-2009 at 1:50 PM..
Old 11-28-2009, 1:27 PM

Many reasons for not making it thru Basic.
Where did he enlist, east or west area?
One goes to San Diego, other goes to Parris Island.

Have not read the whole thread, some off the wall, mentality...

What is not said about why he did not make it, is the reason for it, as a rule.
If he got a general discharge or

The point here is no one really knows...Let it go

Regards
be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our
women and breed a hardier race!"
-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC
Old 11-28-2009, 2:25 PM

Quote:
I am not here to impress you nor showcase my background. I don't need a monicker in my post with a warfare pin, chevrons, and a bunch of ribbons to make me feel like I am somebody.

Your ego and feelings about your apparent branch of service has blinded you to my response to the OP. I would repeat myself but at this point I feel it would be quite moot.

Carry on.
i was just curious where you get your perspective from, you don't really sound like you are for real. just my opinion mileage may vary
Old 11-28-2009, 3:56 PM
Moderator Emeritus
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I say we take a step back and figure out if its worth it..the *****in back and forth that is.

HMM-161 Westpac 1994
Old 11-28-2009, 9:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6172crew View Post
I say we take a step back and figure out if its worth it..the *****in back and forth that is.
what i want to know is can you work it? can you flip it down and reverse it...i don't think so!
Old 11-29-2009, 2:07 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Will you guys quit messing with Commander Marcinko and bring this back on topic?

"If guns kill people, can I blame my spelling errors on my pencil?"
Old 11-29-2009, 3:03 AM

I had a great time in boot camp. My dad was an old school Gunny. His MOS was air and naval gunfire liaison company officer (ANGLICO).
I never had much appreciation for that job until I understood what it took to get those gold jump wings.
I also didn't realize why he knew how to use a slide rule so well.
He had a dozen or so high shooter awards from his Company.
He called my beloved M-16 a Mattel.
Bootcamp was like a vacation.

We had a recruit among us that was a bit older than the rest of us. Lewis was 29. The last age accepted at the time.
Lewis thought he was the top dog and to make his attitude even worse, was from NYC.
Lewis started to act like he was a drill instructor when they made him our guide.
I think it was the proudest moment of his life.
He had the strange habit of pulling out his pecker and swinging it like a pocket watch when the drill instructor was on the other side of the squadbay.
You couldn't help but laugh. I had cuts on the inside of my mouth from biting down on the insides of my cheeks to keep from laughing.
I had enough of that!
One night I had fire watch. I grabbed Lewis boot and took it into the head.
I unlaced it all of the way open and tied about 10 or so knots in each lace and put it back on his foot locker.
Morning came.
Lights came on.
GET ON LINE!!!
Pocket watch routine.
Then,
Get dressed!
He saw the boot and knew that it was over.
Lewis took too long fighting the knots.
The drill instructors were on him like "white on rice"
One in each ear.
No longer our guide, he was just one of us.
Old 11-29-2009, 6:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
Will you guys quit messing with Commander Marcinko and bring this back on topic?
I rest my case. The Army will take even this guy^

Nice post. I shows your "intellect."
Old 11-29-2009, 9:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
But you feel the need to take snive little jabs at people....very telling of your self esteem level. Theres nothing wrong with being proud of your service or accomplishments.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:40 AM

His pop's must have been really set back by this. Too bad. Back in 94 when I went to MCRD (Marine Corps boot camp) they weren't letting anybody go. I would imagine it is even harder (current war) now to get discharged out of boot camp. This kid definitely did some things that weren't good to go. If you ever find out the truth please post.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:29 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwa View Post
what i want to know is can you work it? can you flip it down and reverse it...i don't think so!
You have little faith friend.

HMM-161 Westpac 1994
Old 11-29-2009, 1:09 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Gentlemen (and I use the term loosely), grow up.

One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Fjold/member8325.png

Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF
Old 11-29-2009, 1:42 PM

So I went over there for Thanksgiving...

He got his DD-214. It was a General Discharge under Honorable Conditions.

He was doing very well at first...

The turning point was when a DI pushed a button my cousin didn't want pushed.

Story is the DI found his bible. In the bible was a picture of his father being used as a book mark. His father was in his Army uniform holding a rifle when he was in Korea in 88 (His father was a Cav Scout). The DI threw the bible across the room with the picture in it, then asked who the man was...my cousin lost it and basically told him to go F*** himself...
Old 11-29-2009, 2:17 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

Story is the DI found his bible. In the bible was a picture of his father being used as a book mark. His father was in his Army uniform holding a rifle when he was in Korea in 88 (His father was a Cav Scout). The DI threw the bible across the room with the picture in it, then asked who the man was...my cousin lost it and basically told him to go F*** himself...
That will do it.

I had seen plenty of that stuff in boot camp, the DI is looking for your button and they will find it. It took them a week or so to find mine, I was bent but kept my mouth shut.

Seems like they go after girlfriends, moms, etc. but they do a pretty good job of making sure you dont take anything personally from day one. ALthough they are very professional they are always throwing curve balls.

Yellow brick road.
Jokers wild
Squad bay east/west
human swab racing
the guys who went through know what I mean.

HMM-161 Westpac 1994
Old 11-29-2009, 2:25 PM

Quote:

Wow. If he wanted, he could complain... I would assume that the fact the DI was messing with a "religious item" that could be used as leverage, but when you're a recruit you're pretty much scared sh**less of doing such things. Sucks
Old 11-29-2009, 2:33 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Wow. If he wanted, he could complain... I would assume that the fact the DI was messing with a "religious item" that could be used as leverage, but when you're a recruit you're pretty much scared sh**less of doing such things. Sucks
Thats what the senior DI is all about but Im not sure the DI didnt do it because there were other issues.

I only know a few DIs but if the guy was already showing signs of his out burst then maybe it was a plan on the teams part.

DIs do wacky things but almost all of it can be called training of some sort...not all but most.

HMM-161 Westpac 1994
Old 11-29-2009, 2:45 PM

He lost his bearing over something he shouldn't have. You have to be able to let that stuff roll off your back or the USMC doesn't want you. That close to graduation and he didn't have the mental discipline to put a cork in it? Yep, bye-bye.

Quote:
...but they do a pretty good job of making sure you dont take anything personally from day one.
I respectfully disagree. I think DIs want things to be taken personally -- that is part of the break down process. The point is to develop the discipline to let it go and not react. That is how you learn to keep a cool head when crap breaks like an egg all over you.

Old 11-29-2009, 3:18 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by M47_Dragon View Post
He lost his bearing over something he shouldn't have. You have to be able to let that stuff roll off your back or the USMC doesn't want you. That close to graduation and he didn't have the mental discipline to put a cork in it? Yep, bye-bye.

I respectfully disagree. I think DIs want things to be taken personally -- that is part of the break down process. The point is to develop the discipline to let it go and not react. That is how you learn to keep a cool head when crap breaks like an egg all over you.

I see your point, what I meant to say is they are looking (from the first day) that your dont loose your bearing. I thought it was very clear.

While else would they "drop you" like they do. Hence the "yellow brick road" Im sure we are thinking the same thing.

HMM-161 Westpac 1994
Old 11-29-2009, 3:34 PM

He got a DD214 General, under Honorable, now he will get a Tattoo, and say he was in the Corps,

I know others that have done it... Hmmm
be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our
women and breed a hardier race!"
-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC
Old 11-29-2009, 4:06 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Thanks for keeping us updated Harley.

Very sad sequence of events. I hope his family is there for him and help him along the way.

Maybe he should have kept the photograph inside a Koran (I kid, I kid).

(^_^).
Old 11-29-2009, 4:10 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

^^^ I meant bubba!!!
Old 12-02-2009, 3:26 PM
CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator

Quote:

If this is true the DI was unprofessional and should be removed from recruit training. There is no excuse for that ever and saying it was a way to push someones button is BS. If the DI didnt think this kid could cut it they could have dropped him but trashing someones bible and father is crossing a line that I have never seen crossed back when I was in.
http://www.oniva.com/upload/204/Signature_copy_small.jpg
Visit http://www.cawheelburners.com
In memory of my friend Officer Ryan Bonaminio Riverside PD. Gone but not forgotten.
Old 12-02-2009, 3:53 PM
In Memoriam

The same caution applies here that also applies almost every time I hear someone's divorce epic.. We're only hearing one side of the story.
Old 12-02-2009, 4:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFinger View Post
The same caution applies here that also applies almost every time I hear someone's divorce epic.. We're only hearing one side of the story.
This is correct...
Old 12-04-2009, 8:28 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Yellow brick road.
Jokers wild
Squad bay east/west
human swab racing
the guys who went through know what I mean.
How about racks platoon formation
lock chains
Waterbowl IT
2 sheets and a blanket
Old 12-04-2009, 10:08 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweak338 View Post
lock chains
Waterbowl IT
2 sheets and a blanket
, Yep

HMM-161 Westpac 1994
Old 01-25-2010, 11:56 AM

Default i got kicked out of marine corp boot camp too..

its actually not that hard to get kicked out of the Marine Corp right now considering hoe full it is...and the guys probably telling the truth

i was also written up for many bogus allegations

how ironic i found this forum while searching google for what i should do after being "kicked out of boot camp"

i've gone through various phases since my also "not bad" discharge...angry they kicked me out, not wanting to go back, wanting to go back...etc

i dunno what to do-- I dont want to join the Army but i don't want to sit around and wait to be eligible for rejoin

marine corp boot camp is not hard. i got out on november 24th 09
Old 01-25-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweak338 View Post
lock chains
Waterbowl IT
2 sheets and a blanket
lmao @ 2 sheets and a blanket