Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #881  
Old 06-18-2014, 8:43 PM
WASR10's Avatar
WASR10 WASR10 is offline
Formerly Gecko45
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Inland Empire
Posts: 2,603
iTrader: 33 / 100%
Default

Gonna go for a modification this week. I haven't done a mod since they changed the procedure. Can anyone tell me what to expect or the order of operation?

Sent from my tappy device thingy
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by pemdas View Post
I have never posted anything sig worthy.
Mark 16:16
Reply With Quote
  #882  
Old 06-20-2014, 7:17 AM
DMotivate's Avatar
DMotivate DMotivate is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 311
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Got a call that I passed background and have me scheduled at Devore on Sept 6th. Anyone else?
Reply With Quote
  #883  
Old 06-20-2014, 8:04 AM
JimmyV JimmyV is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMotivate View Post
Got a call that I passed background and have me scheduled at Devore on Sept 6th. Anyone else?
...

Last edited by JimmyV; 08-22-2014 at 7:52 AM.. Reason: ...
Reply With Quote
  #884  
Old 06-21-2014, 1:55 AM
DMotivate's Avatar
DMotivate DMotivate is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 311
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
How long ago was your interview? I'd like to be able to guage current processing times - time seems to go by so much slower while applying.

Thx
My interview was May 6th
Reply With Quote
  #885  
Old 06-21-2014, 9:40 AM
JimmyV JimmyV is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Thx
Reply With Quote
  #886  
Old 06-23-2014, 2:57 PM
george hoenig george hoenig is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Denied in Long Beach

Here is the letter I got in the mail from the City of Long Beach denied me and referred me to LA Sheriff.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CCW Letter Long Beach.pdf (644.5 KB, 89 views)
Reply With Quote
  #887  
Old 06-23-2014, 3:04 PM
shda5582's Avatar
shda5582 shda5582 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,170
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Yea, might want to black out your addy on that letter....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRH View Post
I think Claire Wolf said it best as "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Seriously??
Have you looked around?
Nutjobs are the staple of CGN, at least in OT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Tree View Post
Then again, Dick's never ceases to leave a bad taste in the mouth.
Reply With Quote
  #888  
Old 06-27-2014, 9:33 AM
71MUSTY's Avatar
71MUSTY 71MUSTY is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5,484
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

So it seems to average like 4 1/2 months from Interview to card. Anyone having it take longer?
__________________
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross


We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.
Reply With Quote
  #889  
Old 07-17-2014, 5:15 PM
Mithrandir13's Avatar
Mithrandir13 Mithrandir13 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 811
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I did a quick search.... didn't find anything...

can someone comment on what the shooting requirement is in San Bernardino... if different, specifically at the AVGC?

thanks!!
__________________
The founding fathers did a wonderful thing when they included the second amendment to the constitution...

Yes... and this! http://www.constitution.org/2ll/2ndschol/87senrpt.pdf

Good Guys with Guns HERE
Reply With Quote
  #890  
Old 07-17-2014, 6:14 PM
WASR10's Avatar
WASR10 WASR10 is offline
Formerly Gecko45
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Inland Empire
Posts: 2,603
iTrader: 33 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithrandir13 View Post
I did a quick search.... didn't find anything...

can someone comment on what the shooting requirement is in San Bernardino... if different, specifically at the AVGC?

thanks!!
I have never qualified at AVGC but I imagine its the same as Devore. Distance of three yards, five shots - mag change - five more shots, middle chest area.

Sent from my tappy device thingy
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by pemdas View Post
I have never posted anything sig worthy.
Mark 16:16

Last edited by WASR10; 07-17-2014 at 6:18 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #891  
Old 07-17-2014, 9:58 PM
jaymz's Avatar
jaymz jaymz is online now
CGSSA Associate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Rancho Cucamomga
Posts: 6,276
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Yep. 3 yards, 10 rounds with 1 magazine change. Doesn't (or didn't) matter how many rounds out of each mag. You could fire 2 out of 1 and 8 out of the other if you wanted to.
Reply With Quote
  #892  
Old 07-19-2014, 7:26 AM
Swatter911 Swatter911 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: N ID
Posts: 398
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Not that it's a huge deal - but it's 5 yards.
Reply With Quote
  #893  
Old 07-22-2014, 3:14 PM
71MUSTY's Avatar
71MUSTY 71MUSTY is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5,484
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

I heard last weeks class at Sheriff's range was cancelled because instructor was sick and the people scheduled for that class were offered make-up dates in Late Sept. and October. I'll bet they are pissed.
__________________
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross


We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.
Reply With Quote
  #894  
Old 07-22-2014, 6:29 PM
Dirte's Avatar
Dirte Dirte is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Etiwanda
Posts: 589
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71MUSTY View Post
I heard last weeks class at Sheriff's range was cancelled because instructor was sick and the people scheduled for that class were offered make-up dates in Late Sept. and October. I'll bet they are pissed.
That's correct. I got called on Friday afternoon, less than 24 hours before the class was supposed to start. Supposedly the only make up dates available were September 6th and October 4th. The sixth is my wife's birthday so I had no choice but to take October 4th.

And yes I'm pissed. I submitted my app last November so this is putting me at nearly a year to finish.
__________________


What is the NRA doing for YOU in YOUR local area? Click to find out.

"Be strong and let us fight bravely for our people and the cities of our God. The Lord will do what is good in his sight" -2nd Samuel 10:12

Stop worrying about the zombie apocalypse, it ain't gonna happen. The moron apocalypse has already begun though.
Reply With Quote
  #895  
Old 07-23-2014, 4:57 AM
DMotivate's Avatar
DMotivate DMotivate is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 311
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

They changed the September 6th class. The classroom portion is now at HQ and then they are sending us to the range. I'm guessing they are having a space issue now with the additional people moved into the class.
Reply With Quote
  #896  
Old 07-23-2014, 8:19 AM
Dirte's Avatar
Dirte Dirte is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Etiwanda
Posts: 589
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Am I the only one who thinks it's kind of ridiculous that there is not an earlier option for a make up class?

Not that I can do anything about it, but still it's pretty darn frustrating.
__________________


What is the NRA doing for YOU in YOUR local area? Click to find out.

"Be strong and let us fight bravely for our people and the cities of our God. The Lord will do what is good in his sight" -2nd Samuel 10:12

Stop worrying about the zombie apocalypse, it ain't gonna happen. The moron apocalypse has already begun though.
Reply With Quote
  #897  
Old 07-23-2014, 8:28 AM
71MUSTY's Avatar
71MUSTY 71MUSTY is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5,484
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirte View Post
Am I the only one who thinks it's kind of ridiculous that there is not an earlier option for a make up class?

Not that I can do anything about it, but still it's pretty darn frustrating.
Just seems wrong that you would be delayed two months and put behind hundreds of other people just because their instructor was sick. You could complain BUT they might look at that unfavorably.
__________________
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross


We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.
Reply With Quote
  #898  
Old 07-23-2014, 7:43 PM
Paperchasin's Avatar
Paperchasin Paperchasin is offline
YOU are next!!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,853
iTrader: 278 / 100%
Default

Only went back a few pages, but can anyone chime in on modified triggers? Read somewhere that it was frowned upon, but since its all internal, will they notice/care?? Trying to decide if an Apex trigger is worth looking into on my Shield. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote
  #899  
Old 07-24-2014, 2:22 AM
REDHORSE's Avatar
REDHORSE REDHORSE is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Inland Empire, San Bernardino County
Posts: 1,463
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

They don't like modified internal components in your pistols. They'll explain why in the CCW class. More of a court and liability issue. Sights, grips, external cosmetic mods are usually OK.

I returned one of my CCW G22 pistol back to stock trigger. Put the trigger onto one of my other competition Glock.

The Deputies at the range will inspect your pistols just before you go onto the range to qualify.
__________________

••• NRA + SAF + CRPA Member
CGF & CGN/CGSSA Contributor • WEGC Member •••



Reply With Quote
  #900  
Old 07-24-2014, 6:07 AM
Paperchasin's Avatar
Paperchasin Paperchasin is offline
YOU are next!!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,853
iTrader: 278 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDHORSE View Post
They don't like modified internal components in your pistols. They'll explain why in the CCW class. More of a court and liability issue. Sights, grips, external cosmetic mods are usually OK.

I returned one of my CCW G22 pistol back to stock trigger. Put the trigger onto one of my other competition Glock.

The Deputies at the range will inspect your pistols just before you go onto the range to qualify.
Thanks for the response.
Reply With Quote
  #901  
Old 07-28-2014, 7:46 PM
EspoMan EspoMan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nevada
Posts: 1,627
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quick question, are they still requiring you to apply and get denied through your local PD first before applying through them? thanks
Reply With Quote
  #902  
Old 07-28-2014, 7:47 PM
voodoomedman voodoomedman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 788
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspoMan View Post
Quick question, are they still requiring you to apply and get denied through your local PD first before applying through them? thanks

No. Not a requirement anymore.
Reply With Quote
  #903  
Old 07-28-2014, 7:48 PM
EspoMan EspoMan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nevada
Posts: 1,627
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoomedman View Post
No. Not a requirement anymore.
Wow awesome! Thanks for the quick reply.
Reply With Quote
  #904  
Old 07-28-2014, 7:49 PM
EspoMan EspoMan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nevada
Posts: 1,627
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

I cant apply till next year because my lease only has 6 months left on it and according to their FAQ you need at least 9 months left on your lease.
Reply With Quote
  #905  
Old 07-28-2014, 7:59 PM
EspoMan EspoMan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nevada
Posts: 1,627
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoomedman View Post
No. Not a requirement anymore.
Hey sir are you sure? Because the instructions say this:

You must be a full time resident within the County of San Bernardino but outside
of any incorporated city limits. (Exception: any Sheriff contracted city.)

Outside of any incorporated city? I live in a city with their own P.D. Im sure it is an incorporated city.

then this:

If you live in a city within the county of San Bernardino where the Sheriff’s
Department does not provide law enforcement services, your must contact your
local agency. If your current agency is not issuing CCW licenses you must first
obtain a letter of denial stating their agency does not object to San Bernardino
County Sheriff’s Department issuing a CCW license under our guidelines.

EDIT: SORRY! I must have been looking up an old instruction sheet!

Last edited by EspoMan; 07-28-2014 at 8:02 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #906  
Old 07-28-2014, 8:29 PM
voodoomedman voodoomedman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 788
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspoMan View Post
Hey sir are you sure? Because the instructions say this:

You must be a full time resident within the County of San Bernardino but outside
of any incorporated city limits. (Exception: any Sheriff contracted city.)

Outside of any incorporated city? I live in a city with their own P.D. Im sure it is an incorporated city.

then this:

If you live in a city within the county of San Bernardino where the Sheriff’s
Department does not provide law enforcement services, your must contact your
local agency. If your current agency is not issuing CCW licenses you must first
obtain a letter of denial stating their agency does not object to San Bernardino
County Sheriff’s Department issuing a CCW license under our guidelines.

EDIT: SORRY! I must have been looking up an old instruction sheet!

Yeah maybe an old sheet. It was either here or calccw I had read it. I called and verified with employee resources at the Sheriff. We had been waiting on our City for a couple months to provide us with a letter for my wife. When I did mine years ago it only took a couple weeks. Anyhow, now with the new change we have the appointment set for my wife.
Reply With Quote
  #907  
Old 07-28-2014, 8:36 PM
EspoMan EspoMan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nevada
Posts: 1,627
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoomedman View Post
Yeah maybe an old sheet. It was either here or calccw I had read it. I called and verified with employee resources at the Sheriff. We had been waiting on our City for a couple months to provide us with a letter for my wife. When I did mine years ago it only took a couple weeks. Anyhow, now with the new change we have the appointment set for my wife.
Thats good news. What made them change that requirement?
Reply With Quote
  #908  
Old 07-28-2014, 8:52 PM
71MUSTY's Avatar
71MUSTY 71MUSTY is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5,484
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspoMan View Post
Thats good news. What made them change that requirement?
I did. I told them it was a stupid requirement and they needed to change it because why give power to the city LEO's.


So they did.


Just kidding
__________________
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross


We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.
Reply With Quote
  #909  
Old 07-28-2014, 9:02 PM
EspoMan EspoMan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nevada
Posts: 1,627
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71MUSTY View Post
I did. I told them it was a stupid requirement and they needed to change it because why give power to the city LEO's.


So they did.


Just kidding
You sir are a hero!
Reply With Quote
  #910  
Old 07-28-2014, 9:11 PM
EspoMan EspoMan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nevada
Posts: 1,627
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

I can't wait to apply next year!!
Reply With Quote
  #911  
Old 07-28-2014, 9:20 PM
voodoomedman voodoomedman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 788
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspoMan View Post
Thats good news. What made them change that requirement?

Don't know. Think they are just streamlining and making a better experience. I'm sure they check with local pd to ensure there's nothing they don't know and to play the political game but have taken the burden off of applicants. No references and letters anymore either. I wish they would drop the employer check though. At least not tell the employer what it's about.
Reply With Quote
  #912  
Old 07-28-2014, 9:22 PM
EspoMan EspoMan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nevada
Posts: 1,627
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoomedman View Post
Don't know. Think they are just streamlining and making a better experience. I'm sure they check with local pd to ensure there's nothing they don't know and to play the political game but have taken the burden off of applicants. No references and letters anymore either. I wish they would drop the employer check though. At least not tell the employer what it's about.
What is the success rate with most applicants? My record is squeaky clean.
Reply With Quote
  #913  
Old 07-28-2014, 10:33 PM
voodoomedman voodoomedman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 788
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspoMan View Post
What is the success rate with most applicants? My record is squeaky clean.

You'll be fine. Don't sweat it.
Reply With Quote
  #914  
Old 07-29-2014, 11:19 PM
Mithrandir13's Avatar
Mithrandir13 Mithrandir13 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 811
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

My "Class" and qual is Aug 10th.....
I called last week about adding a pistol to the list, they told me to just bring it in... I did that this afternoon at 3:45... they took it back... verified it and baddah-bing-baddah-bang... all set!

I have had nothing but a positive experience with the SBSO so far!
.
.
__________________
The founding fathers did a wonderful thing when they included the second amendment to the constitution...

Yes... and this! http://www.constitution.org/2ll/2ndschol/87senrpt.pdf

Good Guys with Guns HERE
Reply With Quote
  #915  
Old 07-29-2014, 11:38 PM
EspoMan EspoMan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nevada
Posts: 1,627
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

So I called today, and spoke to Joyce. I told her that I have a lease where I am at but only been here 6 months and won't be renewing for another 6 months. I told her if I had to wait till my lease is up AND have new lease in hand before I could apply. She said "No you'll be fine, they just want to see you actually live where you say you do" I said Oh ok thank you, before I could even say anything else she asked if I wanted to come for an interview on October 24th at 8AM. I said sure!! She was very nice. My only fear is that when I show up they'll tell me I dont meet the 9 months left on lease requirement since its clearly stated in the instructions. I guess we will see what happens in October.
Reply With Quote
  #916  
Old 07-30-2014, 2:57 AM
kel-tec-innovations's Avatar
kel-tec-innovations kel-tec-innovations is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: I.E. San Bernardino/Riverside, California
Posts: 4,025
iTrader: 129 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspoMan View Post
So I called today, and spoke to Joyce. I told her that I have a lease where I am at but only been here 6 months and won't be renewing for another 6 months. I told her if I had to wait till my lease is up AND have new lease in hand before I could apply. She said "No you'll be fine, they just want to see you actually live where you say you do" I said Oh ok thank you, before I could even say anything else she asked if I wanted to come for an interview on October 24th at 8AM. I said sure!! She was very nice. My only fear is that when I show up they'll tell me I dont meet the 9 months left on lease requirement since its clearly stated in the instructions. I guess we will see what happens in October.
That may happen if you get detective Logan, she's got her own agenda and policies.
Reply With Quote
  #917  
Old 07-30-2014, 1:49 PM
EspoMan EspoMan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nevada
Posts: 1,627
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel-tec-innovations View Post
That may happen if you get detective Logan, she's got her own agenda and policies.
Reply With Quote
  #918  
Old 07-30-2014, 2:26 PM
Ewcmr2 Ewcmr2 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 223
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Hendrix rocks!

(See what I did there)
Reply With Quote
  #919  
Old 07-30-2014, 2:40 PM
vinblastine vinblastine is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 24
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I am going to the oct 4th range/class. The flyer says the sheriffs training academy on institution rd. Anyone one else going? My interview was may 27th, joyce called jul 17th about range day.
Reply With Quote
  #920  
Old 07-30-2014, 2:42 PM
EspoMan EspoMan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nevada
Posts: 1,627
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewcmr2 View Post
Hendrix rocks!

(See what I did there)
Is that Joyce?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:44 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.