Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 11-18-2018, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baker90 View Post
I enjoyed it, staff is great, very helpful if you need any. I will say there were a few people who had literally never shot the guns they were qualifying with and weren't doing so hot but with the help of the range master they did fine.

I think that if anyone things this is enough training, they are sadly mistaken. This was not nearly enough training. As our instructor stated "he will never let anyone say that the sheriffs department taught them how to shoot" and this statement is very true, they will help you adjust slightly but nothing crazy.

Timeline of the day
0700 - Arrived and parked behind modular 32
0730 - Doors open and everyone lines up, you check in and give them your personal check for $100(if you don't have it they will let you turn it in at a later date but it is not advisable)
0800 - Class starts, we took 3 15 minute breaks, restrooms are nearby.
1145 - Break for lunch, 1 hour, meet back at range after. I ate lunch in the parking lot of the range.
1245 - Range time begins, they will let you know that all single gun CCW applicants should really go first as it makes things go faster to get them out of there, this was 100% accurate. Armorer will check guns functionality and compare serial numbers on your paper.
1315 to 1330 - Shooting begins. Shoot the gun you are most comfortable with first and save the one you have the biggest worry about for last as you will not feel as rushed because the lines are gone by this time.
1530 - Walked out of there a happy camper after qualifying with 3 guns. some people were able to leave as early as 1400 if they only had 1 gun.
What he said. I did exactly what you did yesterday and I was one of the lucky ones that went home at 2 oíclock after qualifying with 3 firearms.
Old 11-18-2018, 12:56 PM

Default More practice

Iíve shot in competitions before and always come in dead last. Itís super hard
When people
Are watching and you get a jam under pressure. Anyways. If anyone has a recommendation for some defensive training, Iíd like to gon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusrn View Post
Get a Dillon press, join a club and practice bullseye shooting for 6-12 months. Once you're shooting straight join IDPA and/or IPSC/USPSA. Most folks, including LEO never train under the influence of adrenaline. In California we have 10% of the USA pop. They mostly live in So Cal and are shoved up against the coast. When cops use their guns they miss 90% of the time. How many of these folks will be downrange when you use your gun in self defense? How will you do and will you shoot an innocent? Will your rds overpenetrate? Have you ever shot from a car or into a car?