Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-03-2013, 2:28 AM

Default Conservatives make gun issue new rallying cry

We need more people and the next rally in Sacramento.

CONCORD, N.H. – An immigration debate is raging and a budget crisis looms in Congress, but the conservative activists gathered outside the New Hampshire Statehouse had just one thing on their minds: guns.
"The Second Amendment is there to protect us from losing the rest of them," said Adam Brisebois, 34, of Hudson, who cradled his 3-year-old daughter on his right shoulder and a rifle on the left. "If we don't fight, we'll lose our rights."
Thursday's rally, organized by tea party leaders, drew nearly 500 people, many of them waving signs and carrying loaded weapons, to the state capital. Conservative leaders elsewhere report a wave of similar protests as grass-roots activists from Florida to Colorado seize on a new rallying cry for a tea party movement, which is trying to recover from a painful 2012 election season.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2JpnrtLwS
Old 02-03-2013, 2:30 AM

When will we start ?
Old 02-03-2013, 3:04 AM

We're not, because we're a bunch of pansy little princesses who need Calguns to tell us just write your congressman and keep sending in those checks!
Old 02-03-2013, 5:42 AM

I don't know whether Tea Party equals conservative or republican, but I wonder why we never see headlines saying "Liberals (democrats) Make Gun Rights New Rallying Cry".

Liberal and conservative have nothing to do with the classical definition of those terms anyway - I've always considered myself a classical liberal, but the so-called liberals of today have turned me into a single issue voter.
Old 02-03-2013, 5:45 AM

That's because you're a Libertarian, by definition. Republican's used to fit that mold. Now Republican's are 1960's Democrats and 1960's Democrats are Liberal's, not Libertarians.
Old 02-03-2013, 5:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9M62 View Post
That's because you're a Libertarian, by definition. Republican's used to fit that mold. Now Republican's are 1960's Democrats and 1960's Democrats are Liberal's, not Libertarians.
I am indeed libertarian, but I'm forced to vote against democrats ie for republicans because of the democrat position on 2A issues. In virtually all cases in my state of Florida a libertarian vote takes away from republicans in favor of democrats. The good ole boy democrats here are still OK on 2A issues, but the ones from yankeeland (think Debbie Wasserman-Shultz) are almost as bad as the ones y'all have in California.
Old 02-03-2013, 6:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccmc View Post
I am indeed libertarian, but I'm forced to vote against democrats ie for republicans because of the democrat position on 2A issues. In virtually all cases in my state of Florida a libertarian vote takes away from republicans in favor of democrats. The good ole boy democrats here are still OK on 2A issues, but the ones from yankeeland (think Debbie Wasserman-Shultz) are almost as bad as the ones y'all have in California.
Your plight is echoed across the country.

The best we can hope for is a middle of the road Republican, who acts like a Libertarian on social issues but holds true to their conservative beliefs with spending, taxes, and leaving-us-the-****-alone.
Old 02-03-2013, 9:47 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9M62 View Post
Now Republican's are 1960's Democrats and 1960's Democrats are Liberal's,
Correction. Now Republican's are 1960's Democrats and Democrat's are 1960's communists.

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater
Old 02-03-2013, 2:05 PM

K1dude
You just hit the nail on the head!!!!!!!!!!!

communist indeed!!!!!

Take care
Abenaki
Old 02-03-2013, 2:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo1510 View Post
When will we start ?
'We' already have. There was already an event at the Capitol (where weapons of any kind are prohibited- let alone loaded firearms), where 1000 people showed up and got 0 media coverage, because we live in the 2nd most anti gun state in the union.

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim -- when he defends himself -- as a criminal. Bastiat

“Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.” Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 02-03-2013, 5:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1dude View Post
Correction. Now Republican's are 1960's Democrats and Democrat's are 1960's communists.
So true.
Old 02-03-2013, 6:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitaDeL View Post
'We' already have. There was already an event at the Capitol (where weapons of any kind are prohibited- let alone loaded firearms), where 1000 people showed up and got 0 media coverage, because we live in the 2nd most anti gun state in the union.
I'll see you there on Feb 8th. We should be there to show there is support here in Communist California. Maybe the pols will be in town on a Friday.
Old 02-03-2013, 8:22 PM
Calguns Addict

The right to bear arms is not about tribalism. RKBA is not "conservative" or "liberal". It simply is.
Old 02-03-2013, 8:29 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Peterson View Post
The right to bear arms is not about tribalism. RKBA is not "conservative" or "liberal". It simply is.
True, but like so much else, it is being used by the unscrupulous to gain temporary political advantage.
Old 02-03-2013, 9:08 PM

I think the Republicans would be a lot better off if they'd back the hell off a few issues. Women's rights and the gay hate, to name two.

We all know that extramarital sex is supposed to be a bad thing, and that single women shouldn't need birth control and abortion is a terrible, horrendous thing, and that gay marriage is such a stain on society(sarcasm, all of it btw guys), but those issues are what's keeping Republicans out of office.

Why did I not vote for Romney? Because he was more interested with what *I* was doing with my vagina than my own mother. Who has asked not once, but twice in the past year when I'm going to start having kids.

That issue right there was why I, and many other women, did not vote Republican. The difference here is that I did a write in for Robin Williams. I wasn't giving Barry Obummer my vote. Screw that.
Old 02-03-2013, 9:11 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredieusa View Post
Hopefully this will fail and "nanna" will retire to her organic SF/Marin pasture and vacate the halls of the Capital.
and some other a**hole will take her place
Old 02-03-2013, 9:11 PM
I need a LIFE!!

In lieu of ginning up new and improved "rallying cries", they should work on their core values.
Old 02-03-2013, 9:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
and some other a**hole will take her place
I think that word sums up most of what we have in Congress at any given moment sir.
Old 02-03-2013, 9:38 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakiri View Post
Why did I not vote for Romney? Because he was more interested with what *I* was doing with my vagina than my own mother. .
The problem with that is that Roe v Wade is not going anywhere. There is not a chance in hell you will lose abortion rights. But your gun rights are very much in jeopardy.
To keep it you must give it

"I will talk with you no more.
I will go now, and fight you."
(Red Cloud)
Old 02-04-2013, 5:29 AM

Quote:
I think the Republicans would be a lot better off if they'd back the hell off a few issues. Women's rights and the gay hate, to name two.

We all know that extramarital sex is supposed to be a bad thing, and that single women shouldn't need birth control and abortion is a terrible, horrendous thing, and that gay marriage is such a stain on society(sarcasm, all of it btw guys), but those issues are what's keeping Republicans out of office.

Why did I not vote for Romney? Because he was more interested with what *I* was doing with my vagina than my own mother. Who has asked not once, but twice in the past year when I'm going to start having kids.

That issue right there was why I, and many other women, did not vote Republican. The difference here is that I did a write in for Robin Williams. I wasn't giving Barry Obummer my vote. Screw that.
I missed where the republicans were going to make extramarital sex and birth control for single women illegal, but I did hear Obama explicitly say in the second debate he wanted to reinstate the AWB.

As for abortion and gay marriage, well I take a libertarian view on those issues, but they're really side issues for me when compared to the 2A. A politician's stance on abortion and/or gay marriage is far less important to me than their stance on the 2A. And in today's political reality that generally means voting for the republican. The two party platforms coming out of the conventions could not be more clear as to which party today is more 2A friendly.
Old 02-04-2013, 6:03 AM
Banned

Conservatives who think liberal gun owners are the enemy are doing it wrong.

CDFingers
Old 02-04-2013, 6:07 AM

Liberal gun owners who support those who would deny a civil right are doing it wrong
Old 02-04-2013, 6:07 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccmc View Post
I don't know whether Tea Party equals conservative or republican, but I wonder why we never see headlines saying "Liberals (democrats) Make Gun Rights New Rallying Cry".

Liberal and conservative have nothing to do with the classical definition of those terms anyway - I've always considered myself a classical liberal, but the so-called liberals of today have turned me into a single issue voter.
If your party does not represent your views anymore you should quit it and voting for its issues.
Old 02-04-2013, 8:17 AM

Don't overlook the fact that this rallying cry for Republicans and conservatives also has a timing element to it. Republicans got their rear ends handed to them in the election and over the fiscal cliff. They need to show they can stand up to Democrats and the gun issue is a perfect opportunity to show conservative strength.

And yes, Democrats are becomming communist and California is beginning to show signs of being a state planned economy because nearly all business, including private businesses have a large amount of income from doing business with the government and the government is the #1 employer. The government also enacts regulations that while on the surface do not have the intend of eliminating competition, have the effect of doing so.
Old 02-04-2013, 8:51 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

You wasted your vote.

Mickey Mouse has a far better chance of winning then write in vote than Robin Williams.

"Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.
I like my guns like the left likes their voters-"undocumented".
Old 02-04-2013, 9:39 AM

I would hazard that the so-called gun issue should be part of a greater rallying cry for the remnants of conservative/classical liberal/libertarian types. After the invasion of the party snatchers (neo-cons) and the re-election of Forward (formerly, Hope/Change), championing liberty is the logical and constitutional course (for a real change), before Romney's "47%" devours them all.

The alternative is California on a national scale.

As far alienating so-called liberal gun owners, the ball really is in their court. How many of them are writing their elected officials in support for II Amendment liberty?

“Myths and legends die hard in America. We love them for the extra dimension they provide, the illusion of near-infinite possibility to erase the narrow confines of most men's reality. Weird heroes and mould-breaking champions exist as living proof to those who need it that the tyranny of 'the rat race' is not yet final.”

Hunter S. Thompson
The Great Shark Hunt: Strange Tales From a Strange Time
Old 02-04-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontClaire View Post
If your party does not represent your views anymore you should quit it and voting for its issues.
Sounds reasonable. I've never in my life been a member of any political party. In the past I've always voted for the candidate most aligned with my views on a broad variety of issues. But, as I said, the so-called liberals of today have turned me into a single issue voter, which means I generally vote for the republican candidate as in virtually all case they are more 2A friendly than democrats. There are occasional notable exceptions, but they are far and few between.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDFingers View Post
Conservatives who think liberal gun owners are the enemy are doing it wrong.

CDFingers
If you're a "liberal" (as the term has come to be defined today) gun owner, then it's incumbent upon you and others like you to change the position of the so-called liberal politicians on 2A issues. If you vote for a "liberal" hoplophobe over a "conservative" 2A friendly candidate, well who's doing it wrong?