Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Bay Area Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-27-2017, 1:59 PM
yrs yrs is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Bay Area - East Bay
Posts: 241
iTrader: 22 / 100%
Default PPT experience at Elite Armory in Castro Valley?

Anyone has done PPT recently at Elite Armory in Castro Valley? Will they make you buy a gun lock? Just wondering if they have any weird policy for PPT. I did a PPT not long ago at the nearby Solar Tactical. They made me buy a lock even though the handgun came with an unopened CA compliant lock. And they even said they will not accept returns on the lock they sold me. Now I have another PPT coming up, I'm looking for alternative PPT locations. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-27-2017, 2:15 PM
Sniperboy's Avatar
Sniperboy Sniperboy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SnipeRanch, Oakland, CA
Posts: 453
iTrader: 122 / 100%
Default

Nothing of that sort from Elite. In my experience if you have a lock with your pistol then you need not buy one.

Elite is about the friendliest gun store I have been to, the kicker is, they are nice to you even if they know you're not buying anything. Same thing can't be said for other shops.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-27-2017, 3:28 PM
Phalanx20mm's Avatar
Phalanx20mm Phalanx20mm is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: East Bay
Posts: 391
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

I've bought new and PPT guns at Elite and the transactions were all smooth. Friendly and knowledgeable staff.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-27-2017, 4:44 PM
yrs yrs is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Bay Area - East Bay
Posts: 241
iTrader: 22 / 100%
Default

Thanks Sniperboy and Phalanx20mm, thank you for sharing your knowledge. Good to know there's a good LGS near me.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-06-2017, 1:04 AM
BigPimping's Avatar
BigPimping BigPimping is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Roasting those freaks in the hood
Posts: 16,100
iTrader: 57 / 100%
Default

Solar Tactical..... Guess you learned about those guys the hard way. Sorry OP.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-16-2017, 1:15 PM
Litespeeds's Avatar
Litespeeds Litespeeds is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: NorCal, SF Bay Area
Posts: 2,624
iTrader: 168 / 100%
Default

The guys at Elite Armory are the best. They are my preferred FFL for PPT's. Just make sure you or the seller bring a gun lock to include in the sale.

When I go and do PPT's now, I bring my FSC, driver's license, car registration and a gun lock. You can never be too prepared.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-18-2017, 10:17 PM
Metaxa07 Metaxa07 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 14
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yrs View Post
Anyone has done PPT recently at Elite Armory in Castro Valley? Will they make you buy a gun lock? Just wondering if they have any weird policy for PPT. I did a PPT not long ago at the nearby Solar Tactical. They made me buy a lock even though the handgun came with an unopened CA compliant lock. And they even said they will not accept returns on the lock they sold me. Now I have another PPT coming up, I'm looking for alternative PPT locations. Thanks.

This is a bit suprising, as they had not told me this when I recently asked. I wonder if its a CYA type of thing.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-18-2017, 11:29 PM
fawndog's Avatar
fawndog fawndog is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 646
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPimping View Post
Solar Tactical..... Guess you learned about those guys the hard way. Sorry OP.
Huh, first time I was allowed to return the lock purchased from them. This weekend it felt like "we don't care that you just bought one, jump through the hoop", so they lost a sale.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-18-2017, 11:32 PM
fawndog's Avatar
fawndog fawndog is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 646
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litespeeds View Post
The guys at Elite Armory are the best. They are my preferred FFL for PPT's. Just make sure you or the seller bring a gun lock to include in the sale.

When I go and do PPT's now, I bring my FSC, driver's license, car registration and a gun lock. You can never be too prepared.
I also brought the recent receipt for said gun lock, bent over for another $8, not getting my return business.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-17-2018, 7:55 PM
fusil fusil is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 4
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I went through them for an out of state transfer. It was a gift from my dad who lives in Virginia. After asking a few other gun shops who either thought it was not possible, or didn't know if it was possible or just didn't want to bother, I went to Elite Armory and they told me right away that it would not be a problem. It was quick and easy at a reasonable price.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-22-2018, 9:21 AM
General Kronstadt's Avatar
General Kronstadt General Kronstadt is online now
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Contra Costa and Placer Counties
Posts: 133
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusil View Post
I went through them for an out of state transfer. It was a gift from my dad who lives in Virginia. After asking a few other gun shops who either thought it was not possible, or didn't know if it was possible or just didn't want to bother, I went to Elite Armory and they told me right away that it would not be a problem. It was quick and easy at a reasonable price.
Can I ask what they charge for out of state transfers? I am looking to buy a P64 - if I can, and am curious.
__________________
“Would you really like to live in a society where you have no responsibility and no freedom, no choice, only the false option of obedience to the law, or disobedience followed by punishment? Would you really want to go live in a prison?” - Ursula Le Guin
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-24-2018, 9:56 AM
GunnEnvy's Avatar
GunnEnvy GunnEnvy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 260
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Apparently they stop processing ppt at 4 o'clock or something. I went in once at 5pm to do a PPT not knowing the policy, they refused to do it even though the store was absolutely empty, the guy behind the counter was just on his phone twiddling his thumbs, and they close at 6.

On another occasion unrelated to ppt, I remember one of the employees bad mouthing grip safeties and that anybody with a gun that has that feature shouldn't own a gun. Ahem how about a 1911?

They probably won't get my business ever again. If I'm in the area I prefer to go to Solar Tactical.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:34 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.