Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 5:21 AM

Default Watch out for other asking to got you on Facebook LEO list...

Recently, I was offered my experience and thoughts from another site to post (i think it was cops.com..net...whatever)...and my complaint is not only at the other site...but here also....especially, with a certain memebers...I won't mentinon "Mud" name...so, you will have to figure it out. And I am not the first person that has a problem with this unamed person. He is not liked and has had problems with many others. As a true LEO...I do my homework.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a problem with the information and
thoughts I have offered. I actually get paid to do this as a consultant. Yet, I do this here for free. I simply came onto these forums and offer my experience to those that want to know...again, for free. I don't ask for anything...but, the last thing I need is some attorney, reserve, explorer or "wanna be"...giving me a hard time. Until you have walked in my shoes
don't you dare say the things that some have said...calling me an "idiot", that I don't know what I am talking about..etc. I have always been respectful...to a point. We can agree to disagree...but, don't disrepsect me.

I have had a 16 yr old shot and killed in my arms during a gang fight...seen people with their faces torn off after a vehicle accident...pulled down an inmate after hanging himself and trying to save his life. And I know that there are many others on here that have had the same experience's along with mine...or, worse. But, I believe that these sites need to be moderated
better. We (real LEO's) do not come here to be abused verbally when we come here to offer our free advice and opinions. We simply are offering from our experience...and a place that we can come and just talk with like minds. It is better than talking with some therapist that has no idea what is the reality in our business. At the same time, I believe that most of the veterans would concur that "we" can talk among each other...and that the "Newbies" should just shut up...and say thanks and move on with their future careers. I believe that most veterans would agree...we don't need your feedback.

I am coming to the end of my career...after giving up almost half my life to sleepless nights, staying up for 36 hours with shifts and training...and
then, driving home for the 3 hour commute back home every week. Yet, I am to expect to have to put up with crap and sass from some rookie, explorer or "wanna be"??? God, if anyone of you Newbies think that you will be able to do that with your FTO and still have a job? You have no clue? You will never make it. At least in my time...if I told my FTO that he was an "idiot" or was wrong...wow. And that goes for most of the attorneys on here...I have great respect for most...but, there are a few on here that need to check themselves...would like to hear from other veterans that agreee or disagree.

Just my opinion...and once again...what do I know? I am just a grunt.

Last edited by jerkyg; 07-23-2011 at 5:24 AM..
Old 07-23-2011, 5:34 AM
Lifetime Contributor #1
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Wierd, rambling post. I had a hard time figuring it out. Nevertheless, thanks for your service. The 'good guys' are a treasure.
Old 07-23-2011, 5:43 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazoE
I don't feel a thing when some cop gets ghosted.
Old 07-23-2011, 7:35 AM
Veteran Member

Sounds like you need some sleep bro...
Old 07-23-2011, 7:53 AM
Veteran Member

What the hell is this about? Facebook? Newbies? Hurt feelings?
Old 07-23-2011, 9:01 AM

some of you obviously lost much in translation. isnt that close to a movie title?

if some of you do not get what i was saying...then, i wasted my time in saying. for those that "get" what i was saying...then, more power to you. as i stated, i am at the end of my career...i simply came onto this and the other site to share with those that have experienced the good and bad that i have seen in all my years of service. but, to come onto these sites and be attacked and questioned by those that have little or no experience in what some of us have seen...then, who are they to say otherwise???

that is all...and to say they are "ramblings"? i rest my case your honor. enough said...me thinks...

stay safe...
Old 07-23-2011, 9:15 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerkyg View Post
some of you obviously lost much in translation. isnt that close to a movie title?

but, to come onto these sites and be attacked and questioned by those that have little or no experience in what some of us have seen...then, who are they to say otherwise???

stay safe...
True, and I agree. Welcome to the internet.
Old 07-23-2011, 9:16 AM

I really could not make heads nor tails from what you wrote, further compounded by your second post. Can you clarify?
Old 07-23-2011, 9:20 AM

Finally, someone that "gets" it...I do not see how I should clarify what I stated. To me...it is pretty self apparent and clear. If you do not understand...then, you have never walked in my shoes...spent my number of years...or, have not had others attack you when simply stating life/work experience.

That is all...

Stay safe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagearms View Post
True, and I agree. Welcome to the internet.
Old 07-23-2011, 9:50 AM
Banned

Take this the right way: I'm not bashing you. I'm keen to debate this in a way nobody else has so far. If I cause inflammation of opinion such that you'd like to throw a chair when I'm done, then I've at least gotten the conversation out of the wah wah phase.

So: just because you've seen some things or had it what you think of as even remotely tough you think you're special and deserve more respect? No. I've seen those very same things in my life as a civilian and a non-civilian. No need to get into the circumstances but it seems to me that you think you're special and should be treated better because you're the heat and you've got some experience and a long commute. I would tend to disagree. You get to be treated like the rest of us and be a man about it. Other people/rookies/officers/board-members are not your wards or people to be under automatic suspicion or condescension just because you think we never see or have seen those things that seem to have scarred you (past tense of scar not scare for all you spelling failures out there). Yeah, you got more of them under your belt in all probability... you want a gold star next to your name or something? You chose the job, you chose the lifestyle. Quit whining already.

And let me fill ya' in on life. After 20 years in my current profession I'm at the top of my game. I still get contradicted by fresh-out-of-school kids and you know what, sometimes they're talking sense. How about you take an example from me, drop the prideful snivel-fest and accept that times change, people change, cultures change and you should be willing to look at yourself through the magnifying glass and come up with things you should and will change before you externalize the angst on people who are acting in what they see as a logical and normal manner.

Even the naked king was thought sane until some upstart proved everyone to be both wrong and gullible.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:09 AM

first off...if you have read my past posts...i am the first to say..."hey, that's a good point"...never asked how long they been on...are they leo..etc....

with that said...i have never said that because of my experience or the things i have seen...i should be treated differently. that was your interpretation...and that is on YOU. thus, you should peruse my "rantings"...as one called them...again. it was just the opposite...that when i have something to say...i am sometimes...and just recently been blown off and treated like crap. without anyone even knowing what i am all about. that is why i wrote this...to basically say...here i am...this is what i know and have experienced....and i am done with being on these sites. such a disappointment.

and for you to make the "snivel" statement shows your own pompous attitude.

so, take a card from your own deck...and re-read what i wrote...for whatever that would be worth. i truly don't give a rat's butt...my kids and my living my retirement, shooting on my ranch, jet skis, snow..etc...are the number one thing in my life. not being here giving out free info...and still being attacked.

being on these sites and getting attacked..WITHOUT...anyone knowing me...OR, what i went through in the past....is why i wrote that post.

sniveling away...

stay safe...
Old 07-23-2011, 10:31 AM

IMO, you're wasting your time here. You can pretty much count on us LEOs supporting each other. Of the non-LEOs here, there are some vocal good guys, a bunch of non-vocal good guys, and a big bunch of vocal idiots. The good guys already Get It while the idiots Never will - they've already made up their so-called minds. Just put the boxes of rocks on Ignore...
Old 07-23-2011, 11:11 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I think that I understand some of what you trying to say. You just have to understand that the profession has changed over the years. When I started my career, people went into the profession because they wanted to be cops, it was more of a calling. Over the years, because of the increased pay and benefits, more people came into the profession because they wanted "a job" and that's all it is to them. Add to that, our education system that has concentrated on building self esteem instead of knowledge, and you end up with overconfident people that feel good about themselves and think that they know everything from day one when in actuality, they know very little.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups
Old 07-23-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
And that goes for most of the attorneys on here...I have great respect for most...but, there are a few on here that need to check themselves...would like to hear from other veterans that agreee or disagree.

Just my opinion...and once again...what do I know? I am just a grunt.
I wonder if you know who the actual card-carrying attorneys are on Calguns (of the ones that opt to make posts) vs. who the armchair "I watched Law and Order last night, so it's like this, y'all..."-types. There are plenty of armchair cops, commandos and counselors on Calguns (and the 'net in general).

There is something I'd like you to consider in the bigger picture, though. America was born of a disrespect for authority (a rightful disrespect, I'll add.) It's something in our DNA to snub authority figures, hence the idea of limited government, limited police powers, and due process.

That does not justify non-LEOs having an attitude of "all cops are bad", because it's simply not true, just as you know that not all rookies, lawyers and n00bs are "all bad". Some are, some aren't, and we collectively as a society try to pull the weeds and nurture the flowers, so to speak (Dang, if that wasn't a Home and Garden metaphor, what was it?!)

I count peace officers among some of personal best friends and also as immediate family members. All the ones I sit down and eat with, talk with, have a beer with are good people. They are the kind of people I would do anything to help them out of a jam. And then there are the bad apples we read about and see, like the Canton, OH incident.

People have different ways of looking at things and all people won't always or often agree. Very rare is the person I will actually label an idiot, and most of those are actually attorneys or pro se plaintiffs that need a serious head check.

It is regrettable that folks have called you out like that. That's primarily why I don't partake in the LEO forum - too much insinuation. Enjoy the rest of your career and the time thereafter.
More regimes have been brought, piecemeal, to their knees by what was once called “Irish Democracy”—the silent, dogged resistance, withdrawal, and truculence of millions of ordinary people—than by revolutionary vanguards or rioting mobs.
Old 07-23-2011, 1:33 PM

poof

Last edited by pbchief2; 07-25-2011 at 1:37 AM..
Old 07-23-2011, 2:25 PM

@jerkyg, don't let anyone from the internet get under your skin. While I've never been an LEO, I was a Paramedic for a good number of years working closely with the local LEO's. I understand the experiences in working in a first responder capacity and the crap that goes with the job. Those that have done the job know what it is like out there. The armchair quarterbacks are just that. Sitting in a chair with opinions and no life experience behind it. Just because there are a few bad apples out there is no reason to let it bother you!
Old 07-23-2011, 3:03 PM

ouch my head hurts...
Old 07-23-2011, 9:18 PM
Veteran Member

Where's nurse Ratched ???

It`s funny to me to see how angry an atheist is over a God they don`t believe in.` -Jack Hibbs

-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><
Old 07-24-2011, 1:18 AM

Thanks Trickster...

You put it in a more concise point. I have said before, I am not the most articulate person...I am just a "grunt". I do agree back in my time...if an OG (Old Guy)...if an OG said xyz...you said, yes sir...and did it. You would never question him or say crap to him. And if you disagreed with him...you did it in a respectful manner. You would NEVER call him an idiot or disrepsect him. But, that is why I am old school. That's all I was saying. I was so thankful for my job.

I remember about 10 yrs ago and we had a new hire...she was so pissed that she got a sh.it.y shift...and I totally rememeber thinking...."you should be so thankful to have this job...because there are a hundred people that would kill you to have this job".

But, as you say and I concur...times have changed...and I can't and won't. I have raised my children to still respect their elders...and never question them...unless it could result in their being injured.

Stay safe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICKSTER View Post
I think that I understand some of what you trying to say. You just have to understand that the profession has changed over the years. When I started my career, people went into the profession because they wanted to be cops, it was more of a calling. Over the years, because of the increased pay and benefits, more people came into the profession because they wanted "a job" and that's all it is to them. Add to that, our education system that has concentrated on building self esteem instead of knowledge, and you end up with overconfident people that feel good about themselves and think that they know everything from day one when in actuality, they know very little.
Old 07-24-2011, 4:38 AM

I like it and respect it. Im just a "boot" looking to learn as much as possible.

Thanks for all your knowledge.
Old 07-24-2011, 6:49 AM

Thanks again to all that actually understood what I was "saying"....

Got lots of "private messages" from other's that had a lot to say about those on this site. Made me feel that I was not the only one that felt this way. Too many keyboard warriors on here and too many that don't know what they are talking about.

Will try to take some time off from here. Easily done on my ranch...think I may go out and shoot a few hundred rounds with my AR and another few hundred with my .40 cal and 9 mm today...sigh...life sucks...

Have a great Sunday...and give God praise to those that believe on this day...

Stay safe...
Old 07-24-2011, 6:48 PM
Veteran Member

I know exactly what you are talking about... even though some of your words got lost in the long rambling sentences. Our generation is one of the last to grow up with some modicum of respect for our elders and those who came before us.

The 90's and so on bred a new group of people who are entitled and empowered and taught there is no right or wrong as long as you feel good about it and no special groups are offended.

The new breed of cops really hurt my head as well with the way they talk to each other and to the elders (so to speak). They don't have the deference to experience or know when to shut up. When I came on, we didn't talk to the old crew without being spoken to and it was sir or ma'am sandwiches no matter who you talked to until you got your feet under you.

Nowadays, the rooks saunter in and just hang around and kick it as if they are one of the crew from day one. They haven't put in their time and they haven't proven themselves. Not to say they need to be treated as subhuman but it's the same in any group dynamic, you don't just barge in and take a seat without being offered it or earning it somehow.

If that sounds like I am high-falutin' and full of myself, it's not. I don't think I am special or anything and it's a voluntary job that I took on but when you are a brand spanking FNG, you need to be seen but not heard. Ask questions to clarify and learn, not to challenge or one-up. There is a huge difference which is lost on a lot of new kids.

Hope you don't think I was fronting you with the shotguns but I just wanted to discuss your point in more detail.
Old 07-24-2011, 7:11 PM

Read my post to you about the shotgun stuff...you might like my ideas...

Absolutely loved what you wrote below....wow...so nice to actually have someone know what I am talking about.

When I started in the institutions...they threw you a pen...and said...the OG's, that when that pen runs out....come back and get another one. But, I was thankful for the job. Never disrespected any of them...or, would have thought to do so. Now a days...you are so right. The Probies...just walk in, sit down and think they are all that. In my units...I immediately check them and read them the "riot" act. I was not raised nor, trained that way...and I do train them. I will ask them out of the blue..."ok, you have two inmates fighting right now...what do you do?" Ummm...ummm...ummm...WTF???? Ummmmm? And how do you know that they are fighting because it is a distraction for this going on over here?...Ummm..ummm...WTF????

Opens up their little eyes big time. I posted on here before...if you are in a bank and a robbery starts...what would you do??? "Well, I would pull my sidearm and draw down on him." And when you get a bullet in the back of your head because the bad guy's friend was sitting on the floor behind him watching his back??? They usually say....huh? Dumb a.s.ses....

You have my respect sir.

Stay safe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
I know exactly what you are talking about... even though some of your words got lost in the long rambling sentences. Our generation is one of the last to grow up with some modicum of respect for our elders and those who came before us.

The 90's and so on bred a new group of people who are entitled and empowered and taught there is no right or wrong as long as you feel good about it and no special groups are offended.

The new breed of cops really hurt my head as well with the way they talk to each other and to the elders (so to speak). They don't have the deference to experience or know when to shut up. When I came on, we didn't talk to the old crew without being spoken to and it was sir or ma'am sandwiches no matter who you talked to until you got your feet under you.

Nowadays, the rooks saunter in and just hang around and kick it as if they are one of the crew from day one. They haven't put in their time and they haven't proven themselves. Not to say they need to be treated as subhuman but it's the same in any group dynamic, you don't just barge in and take a seat without being offered it or earning it somehow.

If that sounds like I am high-falutin' and full of myself, it's not. I don't think I am special or anything and it's a voluntary job that I took on but when you are a brand spanking FNG, you need to be seen but not heard. Ask questions to clarify and learn, not to challenge or one-up. There is a huge difference which is lost on a lot of new kids.

Hope you don't think I was fronting you with the shotguns but I just wanted to discuss your point in more detail.
Old 07-24-2011, 8:32 PM
Veteran Member

That's why the FTO's (yours truly included) will always include a phase where you let the FNG's go and step all over their own D1CKS once they get too big for their britches. If that don't learn them some sense and bring them back to earth, then they need to be cut before they get themselves, or worse, me, killed.
Old 07-24-2011, 8:47 PM

Sooo... whats this have to do with facebook???
Old 07-24-2011, 9:13 PM

Because "Lead",

I was asked to go to a site on facebook for "just" LEO's...and it was just a bunch of wannabe's...they also refer to officer.com. I have been banned from both because I call it as I see it. A bunch of fool's and fakes...in my humble opinion. I also received personal messages asking me some "personal" info...be careful there...if you go.

At least on this site...there are real LEO's and folks that can have a debate on issues and keep it real. Nothing wrong with disagreeing...

This is the only site that I have found that actually will keep the discussion going...and has some intelligent people that have something to say.

DO NOT GOT TO OFFICER.COM. Unless, you are a security guard and want to not know the truth about real law enforcement.

So far, even though I disagree with some thoughts....at least, I have had some very good debates here.

That is why I warned other's about being invited to FB...I think it is called O.com...or, something like that.

Stay safe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadmaster View Post
Sooo... whats this have to do with facebook???
Old 07-24-2011, 9:33 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
That's why the FTO's (yours truly included) will always include a phase where you let the FNG's go and step all over their own D1CKS once they get too big for their britches. If that don't learn them some sense and bring them back to earth, then they need to be cut before they get themselves, or worse, me, killed.
So many FTOs don't take the time to properly document and cull the ones who have no business being there. Honestly I see way too many training officers who take the spot because they can essentially have their probationer do everything.
Old 07-24-2011, 9:36 PM
Veteran Member

OP thank you for your service and for being a member of this board. Don't let the interweb haters get you down. There are a LOT of upstanding members of this board that appreciate your experience filled posts.
IDPA Member
Old 07-24-2011, 9:50 PM

TY...

You are so right...that is the biggest complaint that most of the senior deputies...we do not use FTO...don't take the time to properly use their experience to train the probies. I myself am constantly testing them and sharing.

Great point...

Stay safe....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrist View Post
So many FTOs don't take the time to properly document and cull the ones who have no business being there. Honestly I see way too many training officers who take the spot because they can essentially have their probationer do everything.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:03 PM

It's narcissism of a new generation.

No child left behind. All children are Ivy League. Everyone is an astronaut. No spanking. No punishment aside from "we took away his xbox". Rewards for succeeding, rewards for failing. No concept of the "path", simply the result. It's why they'll hand out awards for last place and first place. It's where you feel bad for being #1.

Kids are kids, but these days, there is a certain sense of undue entitlement. My greatest pleasure is watching them struggle right out of college when they cant find a high paying job...when we interview at work, I usually ask, "Did you work during school? Develop your experience non-academically?"...they answer, "no, but it's why I have a 4.0"...I reply, "here's your sign". This probably applies to the poh-leece as well. Hell, any service I suppose.

I'm only 33, bear with me. Most of my ranting is usually in my head.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:28 PM

You sir...are far beyond your years in knowledge...

Don't take score...no one fails...etc...etc...

That is probably why I get this blank look from a lot of my probies when I challenge them on something...

I don't know if anyone has ever seen Carlos Mencia...

American dad..."Son, today is your first day of school...I just want you to do your best and if you fail...it is ok...have a great first day".

Asian dad..."Son, today is your first day of school...I just want you to do your best...but if you fail...I WILL KILL YOU!!!!!"

That is how I was raised...and I am not asian...Latino...but, there was no question as to what my "job" was...

He busted his a.s.s...worked OT every week...and always told me..."a man's job is to take care of his family.". "Shut your mouth and do what your boss tells you". And I answered..."yes sir".

Stay safe....

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvardan View Post
It's narcissism of a new generation.

No child left behind. All children are Ivy League. Everyone is an astronaut. No spanking. No punishment aside from "we took away his xbox". Rewards for succeeding, rewards for failing. No concept of the "path", simply the result. It's why they'll hand out awards for last place and first place. It's where you feel bad for being #1.

Kids are kids, but these days, there is a certain sense of undue entitlement. My greatest pleasure is watching them struggle right out of college when they cant find a high paying job...when we interview at work, I usually ask, "Did you work during school? Develop your experience non-academically?"...they answer, "no, but it's why I have a 4.0"...I reply, "here's your sign". This probably applies to the poh-leece as well. Hell, any service I suppose.

I'm only 33, bear with me. Most of my ranting is usually in my head.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:47 PM
Calguns Addict

This whole thread is rambling, and I'm and old guy with lots of street time and multiple trips to the "Two Way" range, Fto, Field Sergeant, Watch Commander, District Lieutenant and departmental instructor, now retired.

Being the "OG" doesn't make you always right, it just means you survived your mistakes.

May the Force Be Justified.................!

NRA Life Member
CRPA Life Member
NRA Rifle Instructor
NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
DOJ Certified Instructor
Old 07-24-2011, 11:15 PM

Ron...

This thread is rambling? You sound like magagement...Da.mn...what was it you said? Or, I was saying...or, the other guys that posted with cognizant and interesting statements? Sorry, I forgot...please excuse me...I am old and ready to retire...just an OG and a grunt...I must be wrong about something...but, still trying to survive.

Oh...now I remember...you are the guy we all hated....management. Or, because you don't have the "juice" anymore just pis.ses you off.

Known many like you...just burns your as.s...doesn't it. You can't tell anyone anything else now. I hear your garden wilting...

And if you post again with an attitude...it was a joke. Not that management would know the word...thus, you!

Enjoy your retirement...I will soon be there with my GOLD badge also.

Stay safe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron-Solo View Post
This whole thread is rambling, and I'm and old guy with lots of street time and multiple trips to the "Two Way" range, Fto, Field Sergeant, Watch Commander, District Lieutenant and departmental instructor, now retired.

Being the "OG" doesn't make you always right, it just means you survived your mistakes.

May the Force Be Justified.................!
Old 07-25-2011, 12:55 AM
Veteran Member

To be fair... sometimes a FTO is "advised" by upper management on filling out the DOR because upper management wants to keep someone for politics or cronyism or just to have some staffing... which ends up the same way... keeping people in LE that have no business in LE.
Old 07-25-2011, 1:47 AM
Calguns Addict

I dont know about your department, but on mine a lieutenant certainly is not management. We were the buffer between management and the grunts, both of whom frequently had no clue what the other was thinking, but we had to understand all of it.

I strongly suggest you go back and read your original post, because it was disjointed and made little sense.

I spent almost my entire career on the line, always in a uniform assignment until my last day at work. I spent 32+ years with LASD, so I've seen a lot during that time.

You have the nerve to make personal insults because I stated the thread was rambling. That's my opinion concerning the thread. I never made a personal attack against you, so I don't understand why you need to make it personal.
It is not appropriate.

I've seen many "old salts" who got there simply by doing nothing over their career, and many did not have a clue about current case law or officer safety skills. They got thru their career because they did nothing and flew under the radar their entire career. We called them slugs, but every department has their own name for them, and every department has their share.

Throwing stones at me won't build your credibility, or help you form a logical, well thought paragraph.

Aloha,

Ron

Quote:
Ron...

This thread is rambling? You sound like magagement...Da.mn...what was it you said? Or, I was saying...or, the other guys that posted with cognizant and interesting statements? Sorry, I forgot...please excuse me...I am old and ready to retire...just an OG and a grunt...I must be wrong about something...but, still trying to survive.

Oh...now I remember...you are the guy we all hated....management. Or, because you don't have the "juice" anymore just pis.ses you off.

Known many like you...just burns your as.s...doesn't it. You can't tell anyone anything else now. I hear your garden wilting...

And if you post again with an attitude...it was a joke. Not that management would know the word...thus, you!

Enjoy your retirement...I will soon be there with my GOLD badge also.

Stay safe...

NRA Life Member
CRPA Life Member
NRA Rifle Instructor
NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
DOJ Certified Instructor
Old 07-25-2011, 3:12 AM

Ron...

You are management...whatever you say...

You state "personal" attacks...never meant that in the personal way you mention...it was just a generic reference...or, inference...sorry if I am being too ignorant.

But, that you may have been at one time..."one of us"....

Once you became a LT...you left us. I only had one that wasn't...a Deputy Chief...he would come into the roll call and everyone would say hi...we all loved him...he was still a cops cop. When the CHIEF came in...the other officers...and note, at the time I was just a rookie...probie...they would ignore him and/or mumble under their breaths..."a.s.sho.le, etc.." At the time, I was amazed....and shocked.

And the minute the Deputy Chief questioned the Chief about an important point...he was out. They set him up with IA and he was forced to retire. I still miss him...I remember being in the cafe...writing a report late in the night...and he would get me a coffee...what a great guy. He would sit down and want to hear about "your" night...reminded of my father.

You may have been that guy...but, I doubt it...just by your response.

You are...once in management...one of "them". So, say what you want...once you go to the dark side...you are at their bidding. They tell you to get this guy or gal...you will. Because if you don't...it is your a.s.s...and you know that. I could have gone to management many years ago...was offered...the "SLUG" I am...but did not. Because of that very reason.

So, do not preach to me. I know how it works...and you do too.

As I said...you sound like management...and I believe you retired with that same attitude.

What is that saying? Oh yeah...it's lonely at the top. And the other saying to paraphrase? If it looks like a duck, quack likes a duck...it's a DUCK.

I sorry if I am rambling...or, not making sense. Hope you understand now my thoughts.

Stay safe....
Old 07-25-2011, 4:26 AM

Jerkyg, I think you need to check your attitude with Ron. His observation was correct about your rambling original post, just as others have commented. You've been a member here for only one month, which makes YOU the rookie here. Just like at your job, rookies should read and observe before they start posting, until they know who's who around here. Ron has done more to keep this LEO subform from deteriorating to chaos than any other non-moderator, and his opinion is more than well-respected. You are the rookie here, despite your 27 years at your job. Check your attitude. Your place is in the front of the roll call room.
Old 07-25-2011, 7:11 AM

Quote:
Because "Lead",

I was asked to go to a site on facebook for "just" LEO's...and it was just a bunch of wannabe's...they also refer to officer.com. I have been banned from both because I call it as I see it. .
From what you have posted so far Im going to guess it's because you lacked tact. And I agree with the others that a lot of what you are saying is getting lost in the rambling.

Last edited by ankyle62; 07-25-2011 at 7:14 AM..
Old 07-25-2011, 7:19 AM

Hey Jerky

2 things.

No offense, but your first post was a bit rambling. I think I caught the gist of it, but man, it was hard to understand at best.

2. Let's put this to rest dude. Nothing out of this post is constructive as of late.
Old 07-25-2011, 7:37 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Ron...

blah blah blah I hate you all if you're not just like me...

Stay safe....
And the chip on the shoulder rears its ugly head again. You said you were banned on officer.com and some other site, let's see what happens here. Seems like all you want to do is b**** about everyone else. Maybe the true problem lies in the reflection of your bathroom mirror.
Closed Thread