Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 1:49 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHeavyHitter View Post
Uh-oh you must think that I was asking you and not hkdave?

Frankly it gets a little old to try and read about what an OP wants to post about and have deal with all the shills for the "other side". Why do morons have to crap in other people's threads with totally BOGUS claims?

Fact is, NO ONE is selling new Aimpoint T1's for $350. So whoever is shoveling that load of crap is just as guilty of making "sensational claims" as the OP that they are attempting to ridicule.

So don't sweat it pal - you don't have anything to tell me that I don't already know - now go bugger off or better yet, brush up on your reading comprehension..
You didn't specify an aimpoint T1, and there's no such thing as an eotech T1. You might want to double check what you've typed in your own replies before telling people they need to brush up on their reading comprehension.

As other people have indicated, hkdave and I are not the only people capable of finding new eotech and aimpoint sights priced around $350(give or take $20) then there was that R-1 closeout that rkt88edmo mentioned(the silver ones if I remember right, not exactly difficult to just paint black).

Just because you can't find something, doesn't mean it's bogus.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:05 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Who's selling Aimpoints & EO Techs for $350??? Let us all in on the "magic source" you seem to know about, else STFU and let the OP have his say...
Hmm... lets see, I've purchased 2 Eotech 516s for around $325 to $350 NEW.

I've purchased an Aimpoint H1 2MOA at $425, and Aimpoint T1 4MOA at $450-475 NEW.

I purchased an Aimpoint CompM4 for $550 NEW.

There was no magic source... these are all from different vendors. I just wait for deals.

Anyone who has been at this long enough knows not to pay full price or let me rephrase... the "sucker" price you pay.

Did I mention I recently picked up a brand new Kahles k624i for $2400... retail is $3000+?

Oh and a Steiner Military 5-25 MSR for $2187... i believe retail is $3K as well.

You know that Nightforce that has a frozen price due to MAP and can not be sold below that price... guess what... every vendor i know will give a 10% break to anyone that knows the magic words.

I could go on and on...

Just because YOU can't find any good deals, does not mean the rest of us can't.

BTW an Aimpoint Pro can be had for near $350 at least 3-4 times a year during sales... and that's without trying.

Like I've said... the Holosun has its place... at $100-150 its a cool little optic... at $250.... well... since i've not allowed to say it... i'll give you a hint... it's the one thing I quoted... that's what you'd have to be to pay that.

Last edited by HK Dave; 12-31-2014 at 11:08 PM..
Old 01-01-2015, 2:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK Dave View Post
Hmm... lets see, I've purchased 2 Eotech 516s for around $325 to $350 NEW.

I've purchased an Aimpoint H1 2MOA at $425, and Aimpoint T1 4MOA at $450-475 NEW.

I purchased an Aimpoint CompM4 for $550 NEW.

There was no magic source... these are all from different vendors. I just wait for deals.

Anyone who has been at this long enough knows not to pay full price or let me rephrase... the "sucker" price you pay.

Did I mention I recently picked up a brand new Kahles k624i for $2400... retail is $3000+?

Oh and a Steiner Military 5-25 MSR for $2187... i believe retail is $3K as well.

You know that Nightforce that has a frozen price due to MAP and can not be sold below that price... guess what... every vendor i know will give a 10% break to anyone that knows the magic words.

I could go on and on...

Just because YOU can't find any good deals, does not mean the rest of us can't.

BTW an Aimpoint Pro can be had for near $350 at least 3-4 times a year during sales... and that's without trying.

Like I've said... the Holosun has its place... at $100-150 its a cool little optic... at $250.... well... since i've not allowed to say it... i'll give you a hint... it's the one thing I quoted... that's what you'd have to be to pay that.
That's really nice. Can you show me which sites you usually go to to look for deals? I'm pretty new to the market, so I don't know much vendors/sites other than PSA, opticsplanet, and amazon; oh and I check calgun's "deals & sales" sub-forum to see what others have found.

I plan to buy a RDS some time in the future. I don't need it now, so I can afford to be patient and wait for a big deal. I want to make sure I'm looking at the right places for one though. Thanks!
Old 01-01-2015, 7:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc1138 View Post
You didn't specify an aimpoint T1, and there's no such thing as an eotech T1. You might want to double check what you've typed in your own replies before telling people they need to brush up on their reading comprehension.
Actually, "new Aimpoint T1" is exactly what my post specified - go back and read (the post hasn't been edited). As far as reading comprehension goes, I'm guilty of thinking you were smart enough to recognize that my question was rhetorical... Sorry!

Quote:
That's what I thought Dave...

I see you've brought your price up to the real world @ $425 - $475 for the micro-Aimpoint (that the Holosun) sight is competing against... The larger Aimpoints and EO Tech are irrelevant due to not sharing the same small form-factor and optic mount.

The reason for the irritation in my original post here was that the OP is simply trying to share some info on a lower cost sight (than the T1) that has nicer features than the Bushnell TRS-25 and adds the option of using a EO Tech style reticle (even though it is not a true holographic sight). Your multiple taunting replies to the OP were unnecessary and your statements of battery life unsubstantiated (unless you have one have test results to share?). Your point was taken after your first shot back to the OP, but it seems like you had some axe to grind..

Yes, the OP used the term "Dinosaur" in his description of the competition, but I don't take that as any "knock" against the quality of the others, but rather that this new sight has optional reticles and auto power-off features. That might put it in a new middle-price class between the $60+ Bushnell TRS-25 and the $425+ Aimpoint H1/T1 optics. Street price for this optic will probably get to the +/- $139 range before its all over.

I have some Aimpoints as well as an EO Tech 557. They are first tier sights, but my problem is that I own too many guns to afford the best for each and every one. Maybe someday I'll be as rich as you - but than I'd still probably blow the extra on ammo instead anyways.
Old 01-01-2015, 9:31 AM

Quote:
your statements of battery life unsubstantiated (unless you have one have test results to share?)
All I can say so far is that the first PA MD-ADS I have is approaching the 3 month mark (so far, about 2,000 hours), at medium setting (#8), with no loss of brightness. My second one is just over 2 months (1,500 hours), at medium setting, and no loss of brightness.

That's a far cry from 5 years, but it's still way better battery life than the TRS-25 (which advertises "up to" 3,000 hours, and has been reported as dimming after 3-4 days at full brightness).
Old 01-01-2015, 10:28 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Actually, "new Aimpoint T1" is exactly what my post specified - go back and read (the post hasn't been edited). As far as reading comprehension goes, I'm guilty of thinking you were smart enough to recognize that my question was rhetorical... Sorry!

That's what I thought Dave...

I see you've brought your price up to the real world @ $425 - $475 for the micro-Aimpoint (that the Holosun) sight is competing against... The larger Aimpoints and EO Tech are irrelevant due to not sharing the same small form-factor and optic mount.

The reason for the irritation in my original post here was that the OP is simply trying to share some info on a lower cost sight (than the T1) that has nicer features than the Bushnell TRS-25 and adds the option of using a EO Tech style reticle (even though it is not a true holographic sight). Your multiple taunting replies to the OP were unnecessary and your statements of battery life unsubstantiated (unless you have one have test results to share?). Your point was taken after your first shot back to the OP, but it seems like you had some axe to grind..

Yes, the OP used the term "Dinosaur" in his description of the competition, but I don't take that as any "knock" against the quality of the others, but rather that this new sight has optional reticles and auto power-off features. That might put it in a new middle-price class between the $60+ Bushnell TRS-25 and the $425+ Aimpoint H1/T1 optics. Street price for this optic will probably get to the +/- $139 range before its all over.

I have some Aimpoints as well as an EO Tech 557. They are first tier sights, but my problem is that I own too many guns to afford the best for each and every one. Maybe someday I'll be as rich as you - but than I'd still probably blow the extra on ammo instead anyways.
Real world prices? Hmm I went and looked back at every post i made on this thread to see what you mean.

Here's what i found.

Quote:
Hmm I've purchased new eotechs for $320, aimpoint pro for $350 and aimpoint micros for $450.

If one shops around or waits, these deals can be had.

I have seen compml2 go used for as little as $200.
As far as i can see, i quote the same price range for Aimpoint micros.

As for the "The Pros are not relevant because they're a different size" remark... sorry i think that is a bogus remark and is absolutely irrelevant.

I would take an Aimpoint Pro or Eotech at $350 ANY DAY OF THE WEEK over a $200+ chicom optic.

AGAIN i will for the 50th time say it... for $100 or so, chicom optics have their place and i think are really cool... for $200+ a person has to be daft to buy one over an Aimpoint or Eotech... regardless of size. I do believe I saw a recent deal for Eotechs at like $310 or something.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:29 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by baekacaek View Post
That's really nice. Can you show me which sites you usually go to to look for deals? I'm pretty new to the market, so I don't know much vendors/sites other than PSA, opticsplanet, and amazon; oh and I check calgun's "deals & sales" sub-forum to see what others have found.

I plan to buy a RDS some time in the future. I don't need it now, so I can afford to be patient and wait for a big deal. I want to make sure I'm looking at the right places for one though. Thanks!
PM me sometime, happy to share with you most every place i've bought my optics at. I'm sure those companies would appreciate it.
Old 01-01-2015, 11:06 AM
Internet Warrior
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by baekacaek View Post
Based on the glass selection and price, I'd wager he's buying most of his scopes from Alex, who runs a great business--no cheap Chinese crap. That's what those scopes SHOULD cost. The sticker price is set exceedingly high by manufacturers/retailers to reduce what is called "revenue leakage".

This very expensive Chinese optic is sold out at $250.
https://www.primaryarms.com/Holosun_...t_p/hs403c.htm

Definitely no revenue leakage there. I applaud their ability to market; they really know how to work a crowd.
Old 01-01-2015, 12:30 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Quote:
Who's selling Aimpoints & EO Techs for $350??? Let us all in on the "magic source" you seem to know about, else STFU and let the OP have his say...
I'm not seeing anything about a T1, and you're the one who mentioned eotech and there's no such thing as an "eotech t1". Since it's been pointed out that these sights can be had for around $350, it was kind of silly to consider that a rhetorical question simply due to being ignorant about how much these things cost.
Old 01-01-2015, 12:38 PM

I think the vortex strikefire 2 gives the aimpoint a better run for its money.
Old 01-01-2015, 2:45 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP View Post
Based on the glass selection and price, I'd wager he's buying most of his scopes from Alex, who runs a great business--no cheap Chinese crap. That's what those scopes SHOULD cost. The sticker price is set exceedingly high by manufacturers/retailers to reduce what is called "revenue leakage".

This very expensive Chinese optic is sold out at $250.
https://www.primaryarms.com/Holosun_...t_p/hs403c.htm

Definitely no revenue leakage there. I applaud their ability to market; they really know how to work a crowd.
Alex at Euro is GTG. They're great people. So are Chris and Jay at Sportoptics. The folks at Milehigh are top notch. I also think Doug at CameralandNY is great.
Old 01-01-2015, 5:23 PM

Quote:
I would take an Aimpoint Pro or Eotech at $350 ANY DAY OF THE WEEK over a $200+ chicom optic.

AGAIN i will for the 50th time say it... for $100 or so, chicom optics have their place and i think are really cool... for $200+ a person has to be daft to buy one over an Aimpoint or Eotech... regardless of size. I do believe I saw a recent deal for Eotechs at like $310 or something.
That's fine - if you're happy using an optic that ruins the handling of your pistol. But you see, I'm not you...

I know I'm not the only one here that saw this sight as being a competitor to the T1/H1. So keep spewing if "crapping on the thread" is your goal. I just don't get why you don't go start your own thread if you want to discuss $310 EO Techs. All you accomplish is sounding more like a shill than the OP was accused of being.
Old 01-01-2015, 6:53 PM
Head Janitor

This thread wasn't that productive to start with and somehow has managed to go downhill.

It's done.
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.
Closed Thread