Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 05-27-2018, 12:35 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaglipay View Post
Would a riser mount make the Burris ff3 cowitness?
Too high already so more would not help.
Old 06-02-2018, 8:09 AM

My Aimpoint 2000 died some time back. I was informed they do not service anything over 10 years old.

I will not buy another one.

Replaced it with a Vortex.
Old 06-02-2018, 8:34 AM

K., I have only seen a prototype and do not know what the finished product of the SuperDot will look like. I have been asked a lot so there are definitely others interested as well. Certainly, the trucolor, 15,000 hours of battery life and 5-year warranty are big pluses for both products. I promise to pass along info on the SuperDot when I get some.
Old 07-12-2018, 5:42 PM

Just got a Sig Sauer Romeo 5 XDR for $179 brand new on E-Bay. My brother has the 5 X model and it's a great Red Dot sight and uses one AAA battery which can be changed without removing the sight. I also have a Holosun sight on my AR and will see which one of the two I like better. The XDR has a dot and a 65moa circle around the dot. You can choose which you want to use. I like the dot within the circle myself.
Old 07-12-2018, 6:59 PM

I'm a sucker for trying cheap crap once in a while, just to see what happens.
For $18, I'm having a Bush nell TRS-25 shipped from China for my first gen PC9.
Yes, it's split into two words.

I suspect that it will be plastic magnifying glasses with a painted oval dot taped to a flat black toilet paper tube, but I have been surprised before.
Old 07-12-2018, 7:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbu_yoshi View Post
Bushnell TRS-25 for $50?

If you must, the Vortex Viper and Venom are excellent choices, although they are bottom mount for batteries.
The venom is not a bottom mount battery.

I had a bushnell 25 on an AR in the past. Was not wowed, but for the price was not disappointed either. I've been waiting for the venom in 6 moa to come back in stock but maybe another bushnell is worth a shot. You guys are making me think.
Old 07-13-2018, 7:57 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quite a few of our customer's have bought the Vortex Crossfire Red Dot for their Ruger PCC 9's
Old 07-14-2018, 6:07 PM

I just installed a TRS-25 on a TACCOM rail on my PC Carbine. I've got 4 TRS-25s; it's cheap and accurate enough for my needs.

Haven't shot it yet (just put it on a couple of hours ago) but the red dot co-witnesses w/the top of the front sight, which I like. I also like that the red dot mounted this way is on the barrel end of the gun and eliminates any possibility of a loss of zero due to separating the barrel from the stock/receiver.

If you haven't seen it yet, here's the link to the TACCOM rail.

You just remove the ghost ring and replace it w/the rail. Something I learned in the process is that while you remove the elevation plate w/a regular allen wrench (1/16th inch I think) to get at one of the 2 mounting screws, those mounting screws are T10 torx head screws (NOT allen heads). Couldn't figure out why none of my allen wrenches would fit the screws until I shined a light and looked thru a magnifying glass at them. Fortunately, I had a cheap set of torx head sockets in my tool box.

When you remove the 2 torx head screws, a third mounting hole is revealed that is used to mount the Taccom rail.