Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 10-18-2017, 7:21 AM
Banned

Default How did the magazine release button escape featureless?

I think most of us know what the requirement is to go featureless.
So how did magazine release escape featureless? Our gun grabbing politicians could have kept the bullet button as part of featureless but it didn't happen. Did they compromise?

If it's something they overlooked then I can see them incorporating the bullet button in featureless next time they further tighten the noose on gun owner's necks.

To me, I'd rather sacrifice flash hider, adjustable stock and pistol grip to get the magazine release button. Bullet button or having to break open the rifle to reload is the most horrific thing that can be done to a rifle.
Old 10-18-2017, 7:24 AM

Because if they added that it would end up being too broad and apply to any semi auto rifle. Which then would make it easier to fight.
Old 10-18-2017, 7:39 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Ok, let’s give them ideas now...

-If communism doesn't work, why do so many people support it?
-Because they don't work either.
Old 10-18-2017, 7:43 AM
Veteran Member

Your kidding right?
Old 10-18-2017, 7:44 AM

delete thread
Old 10-18-2017, 7:44 AM
Calguns Addict

If they ban mag release, they're banning detachable mags
Old 10-18-2017, 7:50 AM
Watching you, watch me.
CGN Contributor

Some things are better left asked rhetorically in your own head.
Old 10-18-2017, 7:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKSD View Post
Ok, letís give them ideas now...
hire a part time kid from big5 to be be your "gun expert"

put him on CNN and have him claim an internal magazine is just as functional as an assualt weapon magazine, you can cycle the bolt of a bolt action rifle fast and you'll get a another vegas if you don't ban fast shooting sniper rifles capable of the same amount of firepower as a banned assualt weapon.

-------

Argue concealable semi-automatic hand guns can be used in mass shootings and are just as effective as the "now banned" assault weapons and should be outlawed. show pictures of a kriss vector in .45acp then show a picture of a glock chambered in .45acp

tell the public the assualt weapon fires the same cartridge at the same rate as the semi-automatic glock, then shake the kriss vector say it's banned and shake the glock and ask why handguns shooting the same cartridges as banned assualt rifles are for sale at every sporting goods store in america for under $500

-----------------

show video of a shady looking guy reloading brass in his garage, saying he's manufacturing untraceable dangerous hommade assault weapon bullets and it's completely legal and draft a bill real quick to prohibit reloading of ammunition.

If feinstein would give me 6 figures and some benefits I'd draft all sorts of dumb marketing and new attack angles on the second ammendment.

just pay me enough money to secure a living for my self and i'll move in 30-40 years
Old 10-18-2017, 8:01 AM
Calguns Addict

WTH, do you like open can of worm ?
Old 10-18-2017, 8:15 AM
Banned

lol, no anti-gun person will ever come here for "ideas" on how to abolish the second. Plus nobody would take what i have to say seriously anyways you're fine.

I'll keep listing them if CNN wants some more dumb *** content.

common misnomer that "you don't even have to aim a shotgun" you can play on that public perception and show a guy dumping a tube magazine of 12Gauge as fast as he can and argue that someone can walk into a music venue and do some damage with that, ban all magazine fed/tube magazine equipped shotguns. and argue nobody "needs" anything more than a .410 break-action single shot to hunt with. ban 12 and 10 gauge shotguns.

have a guy shooting a semi-auto shotgun on a political ad, make up a number of rounds per minute or show a guy using a slide fire shotgun stock. saying that semi-auto shotguns are even more deadly than semi-auto assault weapons due to the nature of how buck shot is.

-------

show an SKS next to an AK-47 tell them that ISIS uses the AK-47 to kill American soldiers every day and that an SKS is the same gun with a different stock, "do we really need weapons of war to slaughter defenseless animals"
Old 10-18-2017, 8:19 AM
Watching you, watch me.
CGN Contributor

^^
no anti-gun person will ever come here for "ideas" on how to abolish the second.

Highly Disagree.

Should be time for a wrap up soon.
Old 10-18-2017, 8:28 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by robledo View Post
delete thread
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ WAKEUP
Old 10-18-2017, 8:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 951temec View Post
lol, no anti-gun person will ever come here for "ideas" on how to abolish the second.
I believe that statement has been proven incorrect on multiple occasions. Every time legislation is brought up, we have people on here finding loopholes and things they missed. Magically, when the full text get sent for passage, a significant number of the loopholes that were brought up here or on other forums are fully covered/eliminated.

Don't delude yourself into thinking that the antis wouldn't come here to get info. What better way to know your enemy than to sleep in their bed?
It was not a threat. It was an exaggerated response to an uncompromising stance. I was taught never to make a threat unless you are prepared to carry it out and I am not a fan of carrying anything. Even watching other people carrying things makes me uncomfortable. Mainly because of the possibility they may ask me to help.
Old 10-18-2017, 8:38 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico1404 View Post
^^
no anti-gun person will ever come here for "ideas" on how to abolish the second.

Highly Disagree.

Should be time for a wrap up soon.

Antis infiltrate this site several times a day

Old 10-18-2017, 8:44 AM
Banned

well nothing i posted will ever be used against you. hell if you're an anti-gunner PM ME we can brainstorm ideas!!!! Anything I post here has so little effect on the world, you dudes are paranoid.
Old 10-18-2017, 8:50 AM
Watching you, watch me.
CGN Contributor

Quote:
well nothing i posted will ever be used against you. hell if you're an anti-gunner PM ME we can brainstorm ideas!!!! Anything I post here has so little effect on the world, you dudes are paranoid.
You were clear that you would help, especially if you were paid to do so.

I do not know you or recall encounters on the forums but at this moment I am highly disappointed in your candor. I am hoping it is just a moment of venting for you
Old 10-18-2017, 8:54 AM

I just remembered I need to do one last thing to my featherless riflle.
Old 10-18-2017, 8:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico1404 View Post
You were clear that you would help, especially if you were paid to do so.

I do not know you or recall encounters on the forums but at this moment I am highly disappointed in your candor. I am hoping it is just a moment of venting for you
It's mostly poking fun at the paranoia.

the more laws on the books and the closer we're to abolishing the 2nd, the closer we are to seeing a real-deal one way or the other no way out supreme court ruling on the matter. and it's pretty obvious in who're theyre going to side with .
Old 10-18-2017, 9:12 AM
Banned

Funny how overly paranoid some folks are. If you don't think gun grabbers haven't thought of incorporating the bullet button with the rest of featureless, you have to be out of your mind. I'm sure gun grabbers consult treasonous firearms experts on how they craft their laws.

My questions was simple. Was dropping the bullet button in exchange for featureless? Because if magazine release was banned in place of bullet button, then why did they bring it back? Did featureless laws supersede bullet button?
Old 10-18-2017, 9:17 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysantosauxiliarypolice View Post
Funny how overly paranoid some folks are. If you don't think gun grabbers haven't thought of incorporating the bullet button with the rest of featureless, you have to be out of your mind. I'm sure gun grabbers consult treasonous firearms experts on how they craft their laws.

My questions was simple. Was dropping the bullet button in exchange for featureless? Because if magazine release was banned in place of bullet button, then why did they bring it back? Did featureless laws supersede bullet button?
They would have had to re write previous legislation that would have affected already "featureless" guns such as the Mini 14, M1A, SVT40 etc. Those guns were never required to have a bullet button, and featureless puts it in the same category as those. They targeted guns equipped with bullet buttons, forcing owners to take multiple avenues of "compliance".

A few of those....A couple of that....but just enough to have fun :D
Old 10-18-2017, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81turbota View Post
Those guns were never required to have a bullet button,
No gun was ever required to have a magazine locking device (e.g. 'bullet button').

One could choose to install one, to change the characteristic of the gun away from 'capable of accepting a detachable magazine'.

There is no value at all complaining or analyzing or reading tea leaves to decide what these bills really mean or actually do; any bill with a chance to pass will be bad for gun owners.

The details only count after the Governor signs the bills.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 10-18-2017, 1:02 PM

Why even bring this **** up here?
Old 10-18-2017, 1:13 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Newbie is oblivious. Next he will post Hey i have this workaround look at what I did.
Old 10-18-2017, 1:35 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
It's mostly poking fun at the paranoia.

the more laws on the books and the closer we're to abolishing the 2nd, the closer we are to seeing a real-deal one way or the other no way out supreme court ruling on the matter. and it's pretty obvious in who're theyre going to side with .
i'm partly on this wagon.

give them so many ideas and new anti-gun laws to pass that it would effectively kill the 2nd amendment in CA, then have the pro-2a groups just come in and nearly wipe all the laws off the books with court cases due to the um-constitutional merits of them.

it would kill 2a in CA for a few years, but after dark period, it would be freedom for all.
Proof we can all comment on whatever we want if it's at all related to the topic at hand!
Old 10-18-2017, 1:50 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch705 View Post

give them so many ideas and new anti-gun laws to pass that it would effectively kill the 2nd amendment in CA, then have the pro-2a groups just come in and nearly wipe all the laws off the books with court cases due to the um-constitutional merits of them.

it would kill 2a in CA for a few years, but after dark period, it would be freedom for all.
Starting to happen.
Old 10-18-2017, 1:53 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
So how did magazine release escape featureless?

Seriously? Bwahahaha! I guess some people really should not own guns.

Somebody please delete this pathetic thread, its just too sad to look at.

Last edited by lightcav; 10-18-2017 at 1:55 PM..
Old 10-18-2017, 7:48 PM

Quote:
So how did magazine release escape featureless? Our gun grabbing politicians could have kept the bullet button as part of featureless but it didn't happen. Did they compromise?

If it's something they overlooked then I can see them incorporating the bullet button in featureless next time they further tighten the noose on gun owner's necks.

To me, I'd rather sacrifice flash hider, adjustable stock and pistol grip to get the magazine release button. Bullet button or having to break open the rifle to reload is the most horrific thing that can be done to a rifle.
Old 10-18-2017, 9:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgerly779 View Post
Newbie is oblivious. Next he will post Hey i have this workaround look at what I did.
Stores are selling Franklin armory fixed magazine rifles, watch as this reporter simply cuts off 2 tabs and builds himself an illegal assualt weapon.

They call it "the scar" an advanced technology battle rifle built by FN, thousands on suburban streets finding their way into the hands of criminals. Former Navy seal 4gun control comments on the use of the rifle in special operations. These are available with a simple piece of metal and a plastic fin. It's 10 pm where are your kids tonight?! Shooting up the neighborhood with advanced weapons of war !?!?!?
Old 10-19-2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch705 View Post

i don't think losing all ground and trying to gain it back is a sound strategy -- Chicago and DC have had pistol bans since the 70s, they're JUST getting extremely expensive process and limited options back 4 DECADES later...

the only positive we've gotten, well ever, is OLL. nothing else -- mag capacity, roster, ccw, open-carry, these have all been getting MORE restrictive over the past two decades
Old 10-19-2017, 10:47 AM
You're a daisy if you do!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUTCH 7.62 View Post
Antis infiltrate this site several times a day
FGG is a prime suspect.

Mr. President, I can't take any more winning! Make it stop Mr. President. The winning is YUGGEEEE!
Old 10-19-2017, 11:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaHoTex View Post
FGG is a prime suspect.
need more tinfoil?
Old 10-19-2017, 11:06 AM
You're a daisy if you do!
CGN Contributor

Nope.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mr. President, I can't take any more winning! Make it stop Mr. President. The winning is YUGGEEEE!
Old 10-19-2017, 11:29 AM
Calguns Addict

As if no gun enthusiast ever contemplated that before... like going back to SB-23 and the features ban nearly 18 years ago - except legislators that know nothing about firearms.

But sure, educate them just to appear reverent or bright.

Old 10-19-2017, 12:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALI-gula View Post
As if no gun enthusiast ever contemplated that before... like going back to SB-23 and the features ban nearly 18 years ago - except legislators that know nothing about firearms.

But sure, educate them just to appear reverent or bright.

except they knew what a galil was, what a ar-70 was before the internet was invented

who century was (much smaller)

banned norinco type 56's before most people even knew what they were

yeah totally clue less people am i right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert...ol_Act_of_1989

Last edited by 951temec; 10-19-2017 at 12:18 PM..
Old 10-19-2017, 4:06 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I built a fatherless rifle.
It did poorly in school, and now it lives in my basement.
Old 10-19-2017, 8:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS77 View Post
i don't think losing all ground and trying to gain it back is a sound strategy -- Chicago and DC have had pistol bans since the 70s, they're JUST getting extremely expensive process and limited options back 4 DECADES later...

the only positive we've gotten, well ever, is OLL. nothing else -- mag capacity, roster, ccw, open-carry, these have all been getting MORE restrictive over the past two decades

We differ from the liberals in that we're not selfish, the fight is for our kids not ourselves
Old 10-20-2017, 10:10 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
except they knew what a galil was, what a ar-70 was before the internet was invented

who century was (much smaller)

banned norinco type 56's before most people even knew what they were

yeah totally clue less people am i right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert...ol_Act_of_1989
If you knew anything about this topic matter other than what you could garner from Wikipedia, which only cites what was named for banning and not how it came about, rendering both your reply and the Wikipedia link you crapped out in your post entirely useless for your rebuttal - ( as an aside, many of us here on Calguns.net were actually involved with the situation at that time, and weren't sucking a pacifier as it all went down) - you would then know that the information gleaned in order to manuscript and indoctrinate Robert-Roos was had from gun owners themselves in conjunction with data/advisory in discussions with the ASSC and details extracted from the likes of Richard Feldman (even if unwittingly, who believes in 'compromises' and sees the NRA as a problem) identifying what they believed at that time to be certain firearms that could easily be converted to fully-automatic capability.

55 guns by name were identified, because that is what was provided to legislators BY GUN ENTHUSIASTS, albeit useless as all that was done inside of the next few years was to change the name of such models; which again proves legislators authoring bans know nothing on which they espouse.

The list essentially came out of a "strategy paper" entitled "Assault Weapons: Analysis, New Research, and Legislation" published by John Sugarmann, the former spokesman for the National Coalition to Ban Handguns then head of a new organization called the 'Violence Policy Center'. It was written after Patrick Purdy went berserk in January of 1989 in Stockton, California, utilizing a Chinese AK-47 clone to shoot up an elementary school killing 5 kids and wounding 29 others.

The information derived to write that ridiculous fabricated manifest with an ulterior motive to usher in a wish to ban all firearms but with a 'compromising' end-game in hopes to lead to banning semi-automatic handguns and high-capacity magazines... came directly from gun enthusiasts and not the legislators that propped up their turds of bans derived from it.

So again, as is being discussed here, the identification as such came from within our own ranks, not from the legislators themselves. Legislators were totally clueless until gun enthusiasts gave them the clues on a platter, who were likely subdued by their own pride to look so smart, so savvy, so wise, who were so infatuated with what they thought of themselves to be 'ingenious' on the topic-matter of firearms that they were willing to be fooled by flattery to give expert witness for free to such legislators.

Don't try to educate someone on the matter that stood upright fighting those measures in person, long before there was an internet to halfass advise YOU about its history, in the same way the internet is now used to halfass advise legislators about firearms.

Last edited by CALI-gula; 10-20-2017 at 11:10 AM..