Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 08-24-2014, 12:15 AM

For that price, I would have held off until the Steiner T5Xi 3-15x50mm came out next month and evaluate that too. People are lining up for these new high end scopes due to price/performance. Steiner is competing hard against Vortex, USO, Nightforce and Swarovski in terms of pricing and quality.

http://forum.snipershide.com/snipers...le-scopes.html

One thing I hate about Trijicon is their warranty sucks when it comes to secondary ownership. The warranty only applies to the original owner. You sell the scope and the warranty is practically void for the new buyer (I still have a broken LED VCOG to prove it). Steiner has unconditional warranty on these scopes that are transferable with no warranty card or receipt required. Vortex also has a similar warranty and that gives the buyer a good lifetime value. Vortex's great warranty on the high end scopes are well known.

Last edited by ShadowX; 08-24-2014 at 12:27 AM..
Old 08-24-2014, 12:24 AM
Veteran Member

That'll be a great optic.. Especially for the price and what you get for it. I may get that instead of the USO 3.2-17. Thanks for the recommendation. I went with the VCOG bc I had an opportunity to get a great deal, and need a 1-6 for 3 gun competition. The 3-15 would be a bit too much magnification for the up close stuff in 3 gun that requires a true 1x optic, & the 6x is great for the long range 600 yard shots they sometimes through in the competition. I'm glad to see that there is another 3-15x option with this Steiner for the .308 bolt action build that in looking to get started on in the near future. I had done a lot of research on US Optics, Nightforce, & Leupold. I looked through a lot of glass and I decided that when I start the build I would get the US Optics LR17 which is their 3.2-17x optic with the EROK knob and the FFP reticle. It is extremely clear glass, & the FFP reticle is actually usable even at low magnification, which wasn't the case with the Nightforce or the Leupold scopes that had a FFP reticle, because they were too small at low magnification. But I will be eager to read reviews on their Steiner and hopefully get a chance to look through it someday.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:32 AM

Steiner is a great German optics company. The T5Xi is not out yet, but the buzz on them is amazing. Their 5x25x56mm scope at the $1899 price point is putting some fear into the competition right now. They have am amazing turrent system that is easy to use and read.

Last edited by ShadowX; 08-24-2014 at 12:35 AM..