Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 09-24-2018, 5:27 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightcav View Post
I really dont see the problem with having an extra standard grip to switch out. Who doesnt have a box full of A2 grips by now?
I only use A2 grips and I still have a bunch of them left over?
Old 09-24-2018, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AregularGuy View Post
Not to mention that if you modify the grip in some way that allows you to place the web space of the thumb and index finger below the exposed portion of the trigger you have created an illegal assault rifle and committed a felony
So, my question is, when the law says that the web of the thumb and index finger must be above the top of the exposed portion of the trigger. Does that apply also to grips with fins also? Or just regular grips?

Take care
Abenaki

I'd rather be a Boomer, than generation crybaby!
Old 09-24-2018, 6:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifle ronin View Post
I figured you were too narcissistic to understand my comment.
Says the guy who was leaving, but then came back just to make sure I knew what he was saying hah. Please troll, when are you leaving? You're not helping and I, the OP, don't want you here. Just leave.
Old 09-24-2018, 6:43 PM

Thanks for more input guys. I really don't want to change my grip as I it fits me perfectly and I've gotten quite used to it. But idk, that might be something I look into if I have to.
Just for clarification, it's not about the simplicity of removing it, it's about the brevity of removing it. Above all, that's what I'm looking for.
Old 09-24-2018, 8:31 PM
Veteran Member

If you're curious about fins and grip wraps, try it and see for yourself which is faster to remove, more comfortable, or what ever. Going featureless can be very inexpensive and you can even sell the parts here on Calguns to get some of your money back.

The truth is with any CA compliant configuration you're not going to really know what actually fits your ergonomic and mechanical operational preferences until you shoot the gun in that configuration. Most of us still won't totally know until we really "run" the gun, like in a class or competition. Until we actually try it out, it's all just theoretical and subjective speculation.
Old 09-25-2018, 4:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKnight366 View Post
Says the guy who was leaving, but then came back just to make sure I knew what he was saying hah. Please troll, when are you leaving? You're not helping and I, the OP, don't want you here. Just leave.
Ok, super genius, you are just upset because you were outed as a troller after the 13th post. And, in perfect libtard fashion, you insult the calguners that tried to help you and then call us the trolls. Then to top it off, you just are placating the rest of the other calguners trying to help you. I hope the rest of them see through your Crappy attitude and bs.

Oh yeah....then the earth splits open with me on one side and the (off roster gun) on the other. Then appeared a large red-glowing pit with gavin newscum, diane frankenstein and governor "brown the drain" at the bottom of it, waving their pitchforks at me.
(Non caps intended)

Last edited by Rifle ronin; 09-25-2018 at 7:49 AM..
Old 09-25-2018, 4:54 AM
Veteran Member

I tried a grip fin, I couldn't hold the thing at all... had maybe about a 1" square contact patch. the only spot my hand would touch the grip, is that meaty part of the palm below the thumb and 3 finf=gers on the other side
Old 09-25-2018, 10:43 AM

Regardless of what the law says or does not say regarding featureless rifles, you can always make the fin grip on a featureless rifle more or less permanent for your peace of mind, that is your choice. Some people may attach the fin grip on their rifle so that it is not easily removed by anyone else (for an example, a LEO who is determined to bust you).