Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2012, 7:52 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Default Oxnard Store is Open!!!

Our Oxnard store opened this morning and this afternoon we finished the last of our licensing/permit hurdles so we are open AND selling guns!

Thanks for being patient Ventura County 'Gunners but you asked for it and now you have it- our 15th store!

22 Stores Located throughout California-

Chino Hills | Corona | El Cajon | Fountain Valley
Kearny Mesa | Lake Forest | Norwalk | Orange
Oxnard | Pasadena | Rancho Cucamonga | Reseda
San Bernardino | San Marcos | Signal Hill
Temecula | Torrance | Victorville | West Covina

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!

Last edited by Turner's Outdoorsman; 09-24-2012 at 2:18 PM..
Old 09-21-2012, 9:01 PM

Old 09-21-2012, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGDOG805 View Post
Any special deals on anything or pretty much just the weekly ad?
they are takeing off 20% off all there ammo til sunday
Old 09-22-2012, 9:50 AM

Ammo is 20% off for this weekend (SAt and Sun), the Grand opening will be Oct 11th.

Last edited by BG1971; 09-22-2012 at 12:56 PM..
Old 09-22-2012, 10:37 AM

Yes! Im there today.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:58 AM
Veteran Member

looks like I'll be getting another 10/22.

Old 09-23-2012, 12:46 AM

Went yesterday, and holy crap, please, please, get some better staff or at least get them a tiny bit of firearms education. Absolutely no muzzle awareness, nobody knew how to clear and check a weapon, I hear, "not sure how to check this, but it's unloaded" twice, scary. Doubt anybody behind the gun counter has even fired a gun, much less a firearms expert. There were maybe 3-4 people around the firearms counter, and 5-6 sales guys, so I didn't bother taking a number, just asked if I could see one of the guns in the case, was told "take a number and we'll get to you when we can", what a joke.

The ammo selection is decent, and there's a little bit of reloading stuff (though it's pretty expensive), so I may be back if I need something not worth paying shipping on. Otherwise, I can't see myself going back.

I've bought a couple guns from Turner's in Orange and been happy with the customer service and selection, Turner's Reseda is terrible, and at this time Oxnard is worse than Reseda. I'll give them a fair 2nd chance in 6 months when they've have a chance to either educate or replace the staff and get the bugs worked out, but a chain shouldn't have teething issues like that in the first place.
Old 09-23-2012, 4:23 AM
In Memoriam

Checked the new store today and I was driving through the area....nice and big but they were out of the ammo I was hoping to pick up
Old 09-23-2012, 7:20 AM

X2 on the better staff I went the first day looking for a lower parts kit and was told sorry we can't sell guns yet. I said its just parts its not a lower ? Then I went back Saturday because they got there permit seen some uppers and was asking about prices and the guy was worthless . He didn't know what was what,he couldn't find pricing he handed me a upper said it was bushmaster 16" and the dam upper said Daniel defense seriously WTF !
Old 09-23-2012, 8:21 AM
Veteran Member

^ looks like is the perfect time to

Old 09-23-2012, 3:18 PM

Guys, it's a new opening, give it time, let's just be glad more gun stores are opening up in CA.
Old 09-23-2012, 5:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyruiz View Post
Guys, it's a new opening, give it time, let's just be glad more gun stores are opening up in CA.

+1

agree and if you can let them have some of your knowledge how to work a gun so be it.....

we were in there shoes once not knowning the difference from a gas to dI ar or how to open the slide of a new gun IMOP just give them time
Old 09-23-2012, 8:37 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by far from tactical View Post
+1

agree and if you can let them have some of your knowledge how to work a gun so be it.....

we were in there shoes once not knowning the difference from a gas to dI ar or how to open the slide of a new gun IMOP just give them time
+2, stop complaining already. Its their second day being open to the public
Old 09-24-2012, 6:35 AM

Default Turners Outdoorsman

I was at Turners in Oxnard yesterday. They are up and running. They are still getting in a few more shipments. Very friendly and helpful. I gave my name and number when my pistol comes in. I wll let everyone know how it goes.
Old 09-28-2012, 7:21 PM

Store was nice and clean, staff was friendly, they had a great variety of guns, prices were pretty high on the guns. Hopefully they will price match some of the local competition. nice store over all.
Old 09-29-2012, 7:24 AM

In My Opinion, if you go to a BIG BOX store that sells everything or almost everything sports related and expect to find knowledgeable reps behind the guns and ammo counter, you're fooling yourself and get exactly what you shouldn't be expecting. Expert professional advice.

At the BIG BOX stores what you get is sales service reps young enough to be your kids! College aged and or totally unfamiliar with the specialty sport of guns, shooting, re loading and ammo. PERIOD! If you seek knowledgeable persons to assist you and or answer your specific questions, go to a locally owned and operated gun shop. As you have done in the past.

Let's just hope the BIG BOX stores of this kind do not run the local gun shops out of business.... If such happens, then where will you go to get professional advice, assistance and expertise????? Patronize your local gun shops.

Turners and other BIG BOX stores like it have there place in the retail market arena. Providing you are aware of what to expect when you go. I've been to several of them myself. But never to seek any specific advice. That's where the small time local retail gun shops come in. Usually where the owner is very likely to be on site and in store, knows the value of having a professional sale staff behind the counter and able to provide professional sales and or advice....

My Two Cents....

Last edited by Center Fire; 09-29-2012 at 7:30 AM..
Old 10-01-2012, 8:22 AM
Veteran Member

Turner's pays their gun counter guys $8 an hour. You generally get what you pay for. I always get good service at the San Bernardino store, but I'll never set foot in the Signal Hill store again.
If I had a nickel for every gender that exists...
...I'd have $0.10.
Conservatives think liberals are people with bad ideas. Liberals think conservatives are bad people.
--- Dan Bongino
Quote:
Originally Posted by EM2 View Post
Some liberals are evil people out to control others. (Hillary, Pelosi, et.al.)
Many liberals are lemmings and will follow whomever espouses what they 'feel'.
Old 10-01-2012, 2:39 PM

Went there yesterday. Nice staff. Good selection. Nice to have more options on the central coast!
Old 10-01-2012, 4:41 PM

Incredible selection and best prices in town. LOL @ Blueline's prices.

Last edited by SpunkyJivl; 10-01-2012 at 4:44 PM..
Old 10-12-2012, 7:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Center Fire View Post
Let's just hope the BIG BOX stores of this kind do not run the local gun shops out of business.... If such happens, then where will you go to get professional advice, assistance and expertise????? Patronize your local gun shops.
BIG BOX? Perhaps you meant retail chain

Commercially, big-box stores can be broken down into two categories: general merchandise (examples include Walmart and Target), and specialty stores (such as Menards, Barnes and Noble, or Best Buy) which specialize in goods within a specific range, such as hardware, books, or electronics.

I WISH we had a BIG BOX gun store, with big box discounts...bulk ammo deals....
Old 10-14-2012, 3:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpunkyJivl View Post
Incredible selection and best prices in town. LOL @ Blueline's prices.
$569 glocks and M&P is quite high. Blueline is $499, ammo is high too. But it's a nice store.
Old 10-14-2012, 5:53 PM

Deleted

Last edited by DiogiDoc; 10-15-2012 at 4:54 PM..
Old 10-16-2012, 8:36 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowluv View Post
$569 glocks and M&P is quite high. Blueline is $499, ammo is high too. But it's a nice store.
M&P is $399.98 in the add. Wish It was that low here in orange county need to get the wife a Bday gift.

http://www.turners.com/engage/displayads.php
Old 10-17-2012, 10:14 AM

Default More staff needed for sale!

Wished they staffed a little more for their grand opening sale. Went there on Monday (~2 PM). Pulled number and waited an hour. Pulled #75 and they were on #60. People get their number called and they start chatting to the saleman like an old friend they haven't seen in 15 years. The guys were working hard, but you need more staff if you are gonna say all guns are on sale! After an hour of looking around I found most everything of a good deal was already bought or I might buy something just because I had to wait for an hour, so I left.
Old 10-20-2012, 3:29 PM

Went there today to purchase a Polish P64 (Not available in Reseda). Took a number and waited 5 minutes for service. Store looks great. This will be my Turners store from now on.
Old 10-20-2012, 4:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabot View Post
Went there today to purchase a Polish P64 (Not available in Reseda). Took a number and waited 5 minutes for service. Store looks great. This will be my Turners store from now on.
5 mins is great. I went to start my 10/22 jail time last Thursday (10 min wait), the saleperson said the wait was 4-5 hours on the first day of the sale. Is an 80% lower for $49 really worth waiting for 4 hours for, lol.

Additionally I asked the manager if he would honor the Calguns coupons for a Saiga 762 @ $429. Even though it expired last week and was going on sale for $469 the next day, he said he would give me the expired coupon price. I thought was nice customer service, how could I refuse.
Old 10-21-2012, 2:11 PM

I overheard one of the salesman telling a customer that the difference between an AR mag and a mini 14 mag was that the mini 14 was a rotory mag.

Then the same guy also told a customer the difference between a 70 and 80 series 1911 was that the series 70 had a larger thumb safety. (comparing the safety's on a Les Baer to a RIA)

So far the only thing I have bought was an iced tea. They have the unsweetened kind. They are def my go to for iced tea
Old 10-23-2012, 3:53 PM

picked up my 10/22 at the new oxnard location today. while i was waiting for them to help me i noticed they had an ak with a collapsible stock and no bb. told the manager and he pulled it from the shelf. as i was being helped i mentioned it to an employee and he said the other day a cust called after he picked up his ar and said his ar also didnt have a bb. if you go there just make sure your weapon is in compliance with ca laws.