Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more If it locks up, carries, fits on to or cleans up your firearms, discuss it here.

Old 01-08-2018, 10:42 PM

Default Vaultek

Hey guys, I知 looking for a handgun safe that I could bolt down to the top of my bedroom dresser. This would be used strictly to store my daily ccw handgun (shield or G19) in overnight while I sleep, staying home for the day on weekends, and ocassionally be left in during the day/night while I知 going somewhere where ccw is prohibited (Theme Park, Angels game, etc). I致e looked into many of the mechanical, biometrics, push button safes discussed on here. First instinct was to go with gunvault mv500 or its sentrysafe counterpart but read reviews about having to change batteries every few months or less, no bueno. Keyed or Combo NanoVault/SnapSafe is the cheapest option but want something a bit more secure.

I知 leaning towards either: Vaultek (VR10 or VE10) or the V-Line Top Draw.

Has anyone had any bad/great experiences with either of these models? Or can highly recommend something else? Preferably in the $80 to $180 range, electrical push button or mechanical preffered and the more compact the better but not a deal breaker. Thank You.
Old 01-09-2018, 3:15 PM

I really like my Hornady... the RFID is far more reliable than the biometric stuff. swipe and grab. I've got the AR/Shotgun one but they make handgun models too.
Old 01-09-2018, 3:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankstone View Post
I really like my Hornady... the RFID is far more reliable than the biometric stuff. swipe and grab. I've got the AR/Shotgun one but they make handgun models too.
Thanks. I値l look into this as well.
Old 01-13-2018, 7:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John172 View Post
I知 leaning towards either: Vaultek (VR10 or VE10) or the V-Line Top Draw
Since I would only make a recommendation for a mechanical lock, the V-Line would be my choice of the two you mentioned.

FAS1 SAFE
Old 01-13-2018, 11:15 AM
Veteran Member

I have the Hornady KP2600 (the KP2800 is for full size/larger guns) for my CCW firearm.....put it in my truck console, but also works bedside.

Opens with RFID sticker (in your cellphone case or a wristband), a key, OR a numerical combination pad. At home, you can plug it into a wall outlet to save on batteries. Obviously the RFID or combo pad needs operational batteries if you choose to use it in your car, but the key doesn稚.

The metal is thicker (14ga) than comparable units.....and much heavier and robust.

Runs about $140-180 normally....got mine from Ebay for about $118.

-
Old 01-25-2018, 5:49 PM

I’ve had my Gunvault since June of last year, and never changed the batteries. It gets opened every night so that my P320 is instantly available, and locked up in the morning. I haven’t used any other ones to compare, but I think this is a great gun safe. My only complaint is that it’s not quite big enough for my S&W 686.