Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Riflegear.com
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Riflegear.com Hosted by Riflegear.com

Old 09-22-2013, 1:11 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default weekend wait times

All 5 times I have been to Riflegear on weekends I have had to wait well over an hour and a half to be helped.

Maybe get some more weekend help? The wait times are horrendous, the worst retail gun store wait times I have personally encountered.

The saving grace is the incredible customer service from Peter.

Last edited by hunterb; 09-22-2013 at 9:17 PM..
Old 09-22-2013, 1:58 PM

Honestly, people go there for a reason. Its a great shop, lots of things in stock, informative, and great customer service.
I came from the bay area and had to wait an hour and half while my wife and son sat in the car on a 95 degree day, thank god for air conditioning. If youre really blaming them for helping inform others about what they may inquire about I think you should shop elsewhere. Trust me, they had a gentlenmen asking to see two firearms and he spent an hour just dwiddling about one or the other. There well over a dozen customers whom were waiting before me. Its annoying but you also have the choice to shoo elsewhere
Old 09-22-2013, 3:35 PM

Every time I have shopped there has been on a weekend as well. I have never waited for an hour and a half. There as been a wait every time and yes it does seem long but their service is fantastic. I mean they even grab the people that are just there for ammo/fast purchases in between people doing DROS paperwork. There is a reason they are so busy, they are a great shop.
Old 09-22-2013, 9:17 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Lightbulb

I guess wait times lately must be just abnormally bad lately.

And I agree looky-loos are annoying, but it looked like 90% of people were buying or picking up a lot of merchandise too.

It seemed like locals in the know would grab a number and come back later. Today I grabbed a number and ate lunch, and went to Fry's next door. Came back and was halfway there...

It looks like maybe they should open another store

Last edited by hunterb; 09-22-2013 at 9:21 PM..
Old 09-23-2013, 7:42 AM

Talking

It's ok to wait for an hour or two, but please turn on you AC,
Old 09-23-2013, 8:08 AM

Uh oh, I gotta get my .22LR outta jail this Sat. Thinking I should show up when they open to try and minimize the wait.
Old 09-23-2013, 2:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indetrucks View Post
Uh oh, I gotta get my .22LR outta jail this Sat. Thinking I should show up when they open to try and minimize the wait.
Honestly, I would get there before they open.. Waiting hour plus on weekend is normal and frustrating.
Old 09-23-2013, 2:41 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by indetrucks View Post
That's what I do when I need to get something from Riflegear. I'll be there on Saturday at 9:55am.
Old 09-23-2013, 4:25 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

you think thats bad ? try going at lunch time during the week.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baih777 View Post
you think thats bad ? try going at lunch time during the week.
+1....Don't go between 1130-2
Old 09-24-2013, 11:54 AM

keep going there enough and you will figure out when their down time will be. if i time it right i can get in pick up/purchase/dros and be out in less then 30 mins.
Old 09-26-2013, 8:40 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Sorry guys, but we are working it the best we can given our limited showroom size and current panic buying situation. The AC wasn't working so well a few weeks ago but we recently had it serviced and it is working much better now. We are going to be adding a 4th check-out computer real soon and that should reduce some of the bottlenecks.

www.riflegear.com
Old 09-27-2013, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark92651 View Post
Sorry guys, but we are working it the best we can given our limited showroom size and current panic buying situation. The AC wasn't working so well a few weeks ago but we recently had it serviced and it is working much better now. We are going to be adding a 4th check-out computer real soon and that should reduce some of the bottlenecks.
Awesome! I stopped by about 3 weeks ago and it was a bit uncomfy but as mentioned, the service always makes up for the wait.

Keep up the great work and thank you.
Old 09-30-2013, 2:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark92651 View Post
Please have some bench outside so we can sit, while waiting
Old 10-01-2013, 11:11 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyng74 View Post
Please have some bench outside so we can sit, while waiting
I second this suggestion. There is no where to sit inside, and no where to sit outside.

With average wait times on weekends being 1.5 hours minimum, this is a necessity for your customers.

For a very small investment you can do A LOT to increase customer comfort when dealing with the long wait times.

The fact that you don't have a single place to sit down but regularly have hour plus wait times is a customer service failure.

If you are not willing to have seating inside (I always end up sitting on the ground), then at the very least provide benches or something for customers outside.

Customer service 101, sadly becoming a lost art in the retail industry. Provide a good experience and they will be back. Make it painful and they will avoid you if they can.

Lots of new gun shops opening right near you, and they will begin to take marketshare as customers look for a more comfortable retail experience. Look at how many of your customers mention how uncomfortable your store is. This should be a cause of concern for any owner or employee.

What about older or elderly customers who cannot stand for 1.5 to 2 hours? Disabled customers?

$200 in outdoor bench seating could go a long way to help alleviate this problem for a proportionally tiny investment.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by hunterb; 10-01-2013 at 1:13 PM..
Old 10-01-2013, 3:48 PM

how about set up a check in station, where we leave our cell number and when it's our turn it sends a text, and you have x amount of minutes to get to the counter before the next person is called

that way we can go to Fry's and look around or get something to eat and come back
Old 10-02-2013, 1:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykoasn View Post
how about set up a check in station, where we leave our cell number and when it's our turn it sends a text, and you have x amount of minutes to get to the counter before the next person is called

that way we can go to Fry's and look around or get something to eat and come back
good idea
Old 09-27-2013, 8:30 PM

Not sure why everyone is complaining! Yeah waiting sucks but at the end of the day we are all trying to build our toys. I go to talk to knowledgeable people about parts and are helpful. To be honest I have never seen a store like Riflegear in CA with a store front and selling parts the way they do with big selection even though I wish it was bigger with more barrel options and I wish they had more KEYMOD forearm systems because KEYMOD is here to stay. Keep it up Riflegear and expand that sales floor
  • Smith and Wesson M&P 2.0
  • CZ P10c Optics Ready
Old 10-02-2013, 8:43 PM
Calguns Addict

Maybe get a liquor license and install some big screens during football season
Old 10-07-2013, 2:43 AM

And a stripper pole too!
Old 10-07-2013, 4:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterb View Post
All 5 times I have been to Riflegear on weekends I have had to wait well over an hour and a half to be helped.

Maybe get some more weekend help? The wait times are horrendous, the worst retail gun store wait times I have personally encountered.

The saving grace is the incredible customer service from Peter.
It happens and it's not their fault. Anything having to do with a firearms takes forever, so ya just gotta deal with it.

I was merely picking up my recently jailed rifle. I walked in at 10:30 am on a Friday, grabbed the number and walked to Fry's. Came back in 30 minutes and was helped after about 5 minutes of waiting.

Like the high prices in our F/S section, ya just gotta deal with it
Old 10-07-2013, 12:08 PM

The wait can be long but the service is phenomenal! I try to give them my business on that merit alone!
Old 10-07-2013, 8:20 PM

Next time I go I'm bringing a folding chair and a cooler.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:20 AM

I have purchased a few guns from Riflegear recently. Nothing but outstanding service. yes, the wait times are a little long, but I expect this in today's panic buying situation. I usually bring my iPad and read while waiting outside.
Their service more than makes up for the wait. I was purchasing an AR10 recently and mentioned I am done buying for a little while other than a Big Boy lever action. They said, Hang on a second and I will get you a price. Good price, so I bought it as well. Sorry guys, if I held you up a little longer but it was too good to pass by. Like I said, Service is second to none.