Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 10-10-2018, 6:34 AM
Gravity Sucks
CGN Contributor

Default Agency Arms Glock build gets busted.

Johnny from Johnny Glocks going over an Agency Arms build. The video basically goes point by point breaking down a $2K+ Glock build that was built using old parts. Like a forensic analysis of the pistol.

The pistol is Gen 4 Glock with 700 rounds through it. Johnny states it was ($3100 all in and 6 months wait).

It’s a good education for those that want to know “a bit more” about what some firms out there are doing.

Johnny builds custom triggers for Glocks and also has a drop-in triggers (combat and competition). Check him out if you guys are interested. He also has some educational vids on YouTube. He really knows his stuff.

What are your thoughts after watching these? Here are the two videos:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nHHDa-vk1RY

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jyc0bSFPbgA

RIP SGT Mark Allen RLTW! I love you brother. ‘Til Valhall’...

Last edited by BarrettM99; 10-10-2018 at 6:41 AM..
Old 10-10-2018, 6:45 AM
Veteran Member

Who spends that much on a glock? Really?
Old 10-10-2018, 7:42 AM
Veteran Member

Only $2000. Have 2 Glock’s here that have almost $3000 n have issues. They have warped strikers channels. Waiting on the replacements from glock
Glock 23 with Buffalo Bore on the hip.
Old 10-10-2018, 7:42 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by railroader View Post
Dummies
Glock 23 with Buffalo Bore on the hip.
Old 10-10-2018, 8:05 AM
Veteran Member

Crooks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 10-10-2018, 8:59 AM

That is a lot of cash for a Glock. Thanks for posting the vids.
Old 10-10-2018, 9:23 AM
I'm with stupid ☝️
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Seriously. There are some guns I would spend $2000 for, but a Glock ain't one of them.

And I love my Glocks. They are worth every penny of the $600 each I paid for them. But not a penny more. $600 is my limit for a polymer handgun, I don't care how pretty the stippling is.

Old 10-10-2018, 10:36 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Back in the 90s there were friends and coworkers thinking I was crazy to spend almost $2K on a race gun and $150 per big stick magazine. For me I wouldn’t spend that much for a Glock, but if someone spent $3K for a full tricked out Glock I would give him a fist bump. I have a Glock 35 I personally worked on and my trigger is about as good as one with the fancy triggers, strikers and so on. My trigger has an after market connector, reduced/increased spring kit and beveling/polishing. It’s good now, but if I shoot competition again I’d probably spend the $2 for the trigger stop & reset set screws.
Just beware of the thorns...
K. Meine
Old 10-10-2018, 12:17 PM

I have a glock and with what i've done to it...its easily 1500...but the truth is i haven't even modded it. It has no stippling....no undercut...no custom slide or barrel.... I've simply added things which i found had value to me. I can easily take most of them off and put them on another gun...the gun itself is mostly stock.

I simply milled the stock slide to take an rmr, added in a surefire tac light, trijicon hd sights, RMR unit, and an aftermarket trigger connector.

G19 base cost: 550 OTD
RMR 500
Slide Cut: 200
Trijicon HD sights: 120
Surefire light: 250

That's slightly over 1.5k in total but i can easily take 750 of that and put it on another gun.

At the end of the day, to each their own.
Old 10-10-2018, 6:48 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

3k for that glock...or get a Wilson/Nighthawk or Noname...oh well...
Old 10-10-2018, 6:58 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

Pakistan. I heard 4,000 USD for a Glock Gen 4.

Old 10-10-2018, 7:37 PM
Veteran Member

Built for instagram views...
Old 10-10-2018, 7:40 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
You're thinking about it wrong. It's no longer "just a Glock".

Your comments would be like saying who spends that kind of money on a Wilson Combat, Ed Brown, etc when a Rock Island costs $500? But they really aren't the same gun. Yes, they are all 1911s. But hold and shoot a high end one, and compare it side by side...and you'll understand why the high end ones cost what they do.

I can't speak to Agency Arms. But I do have some experience with ZEV// and it they definitely earn their money. They have much tighter tolerances, have a ton of attention to detail in their designs, and make really nice products. When you hold it in your hand and shoot it, you can tell where your money went.

Don't get me wrong. I love factory Glocks just fine. But if you get some first hand experience with the high-end custom brands products you'll get it. Do you "need" a high end Gucci Glock? That's like asking if you need a Shelby Cobra Mustang when a regular stripped down model would do just fine. After all, they both do 70mph on the freeway just fine. But drive that Shelby, and you'll understand why it cost so much.

Last edited by tacticalcity; 10-10-2018 at 7:43 PM..
Old 10-10-2018, 9:23 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticalcity View Post

Your comments would be like saying who spends that kind of money on a Wilson Combat, Ed Brown, etc when a Rock Island costs $500? But they really aren't the same gun. Yes, they are all 1911s. But hold and shoot a high end one, and compare it side by side...and you'll understand why the high end ones cost what they do.

I can't speak to Agency Arms. But I do have some experience with ZEV// and it they definitely earn their money. They have much tighter tolerances, have a ton of attention to detail in their designs, and make really nice products. When you hold it in your hand and shoot it, you can tell where your money went.

Don't get me wrong. I love factory Glocks just fine. But if you get some first hand experience with the high-end custom brands products you'll get it. Do you "need" a high end Gucci Glock? That's like asking if you need a Shelby Cobra Mustang when a regular stripped down model would do just fine. After all, they both do 70mph on the freeway just fine. But drive that Shelby, and you'll understand why it cost so much.
In the same sentence you mention Wilson Combat, Ed Brown and Rock Island .
First off if someone dumped $2000 into a Rock Island I would think they are crazy too. High end guns from Wilson Combat and Ed Brown didn't start out as a low end polymer gun like a Glock or a Springfield XD. Now I have a couple of CZ Shadows that I would take any day over one high end glock and I have less invested in them. Another plus is if I go to sell the CZs I can get most of my investment back out of them not so much with a high end glock. I guess if someone has money to burn go for it.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:34 PM

a CZ shadow 2 is about 2200 here. it will be 10X better than any 2000 dollar Glock.

hack, a 650 CZ SP-01 is already better
Old 10-10-2018, 11:46 PM

Quote:
First off if someone dumped $2000 into a Rock Island I would think they are crazy too. High end guns from Wilson Combat and Ed Brown didn't start out as a low end polymer gun like a Glock or a Springfield XD. Now I have a couple of CZ Shadows that I would take any day over one high end glock and I have less invested in them. Another plus is if I go to sell the CZs I can get most of my investment back out of them not so much with a high end glock. I guess if someone has money to burn go for it.
probably worth mentioning as well

Wilson Combat sells Glocks, and they are no where near $2000
- Average Wilson Combat Glock is about $1200
- imagine what glock builders would charge for a custom 1911, $10k?

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Non-1911/products/649/
Old 10-11-2018, 8:06 AM

What do I think of Johnny's videos? Not much. So little, in fact, that I didn't watch the second one.

In a nut shell: Agency does not modify any Glock safeties (including firing pin safety). Agency uses several Haas CNC machines not drill presses, and does outstanding work - ask the folks at NHC.

So, I think ole Johnny boy needs some schooling in commercial disparagement law - particularly the Lanham Act before he goes online and associates someone else's modifications, to his competitor's federally registered trademark.
Old 10-11-2018, 8:23 AM

His videos state his opinion that the previous builder didn't actually work on the original owner's new gen 4 bits, but instead replaced it with parts off of something that has far more than 700 rounds worth of wear on it. I stopped paying attention about halfway through the second video, but that much I gathered from the 1.5 of the 2 videos I watched. I do agree he did somewhat badmouth them, though to be fair he didn't actually call them out specifically, so that may be enough CYA for him? Who knows, I'm no lawyer, nor claim to be. In any case, that's pretty sketchy if they actually did just throw in somebody else's sloppy seconds, but I can't help but wonder if that's what really happened, or if the actual owner might have switched those parts in for w/e reason. Crazy, I know, but hey, people do crazy stuff.

As for the whole "Who spends that much on a Glock" topic, people like what they like. They wanna make their Glock run better, more power to them. Ain't my money they're spending.

Last edited by Nephthys; 10-11-2018 at 8:28 AM..
Old 10-11-2018, 9:06 AM

Yea, none of my business either. It is like a girl with a lot of tattoos being compared to a Brahma bull at a rodeo.... everyone wants to ride it but no one wants to take it home. I'd personally put more money into a 1911 than a Glock. My Glocks are truly just tools for SD. I don't want my tools adorned. No reason for me. My 1911's are different.
Old 10-11-2018, 9:14 AM

The thread title is useless for any search, misleading and meaningless. You have to do better. I will re-name it for you
Old 10-11-2018, 9:30 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Its the same. They make a glock a better gun. If you chose to get a CZ, Wilson, Dan, etc then you are just buying a upgraded rock island. Its still a 1911, just like its still a glock. People think glocks and poly guns are cheap because they are plastic but that not the case. They are still great guns. If glock made a high class race pistol for 1K I bet you a night of drinking it would sell like hot cakes and it would resale the same.

The after market is just doing what glock wont do.... Well they are doing it now with the new grip texture, MOS and slide serrations. Those guns are selling, too!
Old 10-11-2018, 11:18 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFTII View Post
What do I think of Johnny's videos? Not much. So little, in fact, that I didn't watch the second one.

In a nut shell: Agency does not modify any Glock safeties (including firing pin safety). Agency uses several Haas CNC machines not drill presses, and does outstanding work - ask the folks at NHC.

So, I think ole Johnny boy needs some schooling in commercial disparagement law - particularly the Lanham Act before he goes online and associates someone else's modifications, to his competitor's federally registered trademark.

Those safety features were definitely modified.....by who is the question.

I personally don’t like their triggers and think a stock one is better Pretty looking gun though.

I think he didn’t mention any names in his video so he wasn’t slandering anyone as far as I could tell. Better call Johnny Cochran or Larry H. Parker on this one

Old 10-11-2018, 11:24 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTROKS View Post
Back in the 90s there were friends and coworkers thinking I was crazy to spend almost $2K on a race gun and $150 per big stick magazine. For me I wouldn’t spend that much for a Glock, but if someone spent $3K for a full tricked out Glock I would give him a fist bump. I have a Glock 35 I personally worked on and my trigger is about as good as one with the fancy triggers, strikers and so on. My trigger has an after market connector, reduced/increased spring kit and beveling/polishing. It’s good now, but if I shoot competition again I’d probably spend the $2 for the trigger stop & reset set screws.
I agree! If you spend 3K for a tricked out glock, you definitely got the fist!
Just kidding. To each their own.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Yea, aside from professionally done stippling who needs to pay for anyone to build a Glock? A perfectly competitive winning race Glock can be built with drop in parts.
Old 10-11-2018, 1:16 PM

Quote:

^ agreed.

I know that JG knows his stuff....but there is a difference between that and a good presentation in vid form. Hey Johnny, you ever hear of editing out your fumbling with the camera?

I still like JG...and hear his trigger is dope....but bro....you need to work on those vids.....they are hard to watch.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out-Art Linkletter
Old 10-11-2018, 1:51 PM
Gravity Sucks
CGN Contributor

He definitely needs to hire someone to run his social media and do his video editing. His stuff is hard to watch but his info is really decent. He’s done work for some big names in the industry.

He is also really excited about what he does. He has a passion for working on Glock triggers. That’s what he does. Good for him.

Everyone starts somewhere. Geissele used to sell a single part at a table at gun shows. Look at him now.

Last edited by BarrettM99; 10-11-2018 at 1:53 PM..
Old 10-11-2018, 2:59 PM
Veteran Member

we will see if Agency Arms will do a POS Smith Enterprise SEI sue everyone tactic.

PU Sniper - Finnish M27 - SKS matching for sale
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1483491

Ruger Mk lll 22/45 , Uberti SAA .357 , Rossi .357 for sale
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1483671
Old 10-11-2018, 3:10 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

I think you really need to watch the video...……..then think about what you posted.
Old 10-11-2018, 4:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emgee00 View Post
Those safety features were definitely modified.....by who is the question.

I personally don’t like their triggers and think a stock one is better Pretty looking gun though.

I think he didn’t mention any names in his video so he wasn’t slandering anyone as far as I could tell. Better call Johnny Cochran or Larry H. Parker on this one

You don't have to mention any names. As the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words. Agency's federally registered trademark (I checked) is clearly visible on the slide and trigger shoe. That's the name. Everyone who sees this video or reads the comments immediately knows whose slide, trigger and work are being disparaged. Just read the title of this post and the video comments.
Old 10-11-2018, 4:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmagee67 View Post
I think you really need to watch the video...……..then think about what you posted.
I watched one. That was enough.

I have an Agency build. It was their first G30. I know precisely what they do. They don't hide it. Its on the Agency website. If you can find something that says they modify a firing pin safety or offer a modified firing pin safety for sale, I'll kiss your ***.

I also own several Agency triggers. I know and understand why they trim the areas they do - because they do not modify the firing pin safety. If they didn't modify the ramp on the trigger shoe, it would prematurely disengage the firing pin safety because the modified trigger shoe changes the geometry of the trigger bar vis a vis the firing pin safety and the drop safety. BTW, all of my Agency and Overwatch triggers are drop safe. I've tested them. Other popular triggers I've tried are not and are clearly advertised for competition use only.

I also visited Agency's old shop. I saw their multi-million dollar Haas CNC equipment with my own peepers. I can't say for sure, but I can't recall seeing a drill press in the place. I don't even recall seeing a non-CNC mill. The place was spotless. I did see a room full of computers for CAD analysis and programing. I haven't been to their new shop.

So what exactly am I going to learn by watching the second video?
Old 10-11-2018, 7:17 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I saw their multi-million dollar Haas CNC equipment with my own peepers
So they have over 10 CNC machines?
As far as I know the brand Haas does not make a million dollar CNC. On the high end they are around 100K.
La Rue May very well have multi million dollar CNC specific equipment. Others too. Agency has those kinds of dollars?

Tricking Glocks rocks.
Old 10-11-2018, 7:22 PM

Quote:
I saw their multi-million dollar Haas CNC equipment with my own peepers.

sorry, multi-million dollar and Haas CNC in the same sentence is a first for me

Haas is the Glock of the CNC world

Nothing bad about them, but, they are nothing to brag about
Old 10-11-2018, 7:24 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

I have an Agency build. It was their first G30. I know precisely what they do. They don't hide it. Its on the Agency website. If you can find something that says they modify a firing pin safety or offer a modified firing pin safety for sale, I'll kiss your ***.

I also own several Agency triggers. I know and understand why they trim the areas they do - because they do not modify the firing pin safety. If they didn't modify the ramp on the trigger shoe, it would prematurely disengage the firing pin safety because the modified trigger shoe changes the geometry of the trigger bar vis a vis the firing pin safety and the drop safety. BTW, all of my Agency and Overwatch triggers are drop safe. I've tested them. Other popular triggers I've tried are not and are clearly advertised for competition use only.

I also visited Agency's old shop. I saw their multi-million dollar Haas CNC equipment with my own peepers. I can't say for sure, but I can't recall seeing a drill press in the place. I don't even recall seeing a non-CNC mill. The place was spotless. I did see a room full of computers for CAD analysis and programing. I haven't been to their new shop.

Yea well that was then and this is now....times change. You think you know but you really don't. This isn't the first time I've heard their work questioned lately.
Old 10-11-2018, 7:27 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
You can’t polish a turd. It’s still “just a Glock.”

Old 10-11-2018, 7:32 PM
Veteran Member

Just drink the Kool-Aid and know their stuff is the greatest

I loved it when they tried to patent the accelerator cut when other companies were doing it before they were even around.

Old 10-11-2018, 7:38 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:

yup

agency and salient are junk and show it. zev is a quality built, custom firearm.
Old 10-11-2018, 8:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:
You don't have to mention any names. As the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words. Agency's federally registered trademark (I checked) is clearly visible on the slide and trigger shoe. That's the name. Everyone who sees this video or reads the comments immediately knows whose slide, trigger and work are being disparaged. Just read the title of this post and the video comments.
Quote:

Unsure if triggered Agency Arms employee or someone desperately trying to convince themselves it wasn’t a terrible decision to purchase a $2k Glock...

Last edited by SarcoBlaster; 10-11-2018 at 8:20 PM..
Old 10-11-2018, 8:38 PM
Gravity Sucks
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYT View Post
zev is a quality built, custom firearm.
Zev is just another turd in the toilet bowl.

Their BNIB factory-complete drop-in slide was a complete piece of junk that had to be sent back for replacement.

Their fulcrum trigger and dimpled barrel OTOH were pretty decent. I’ll give them that.

Last edited by BarrettM99; 10-12-2018 at 4:36 AM..
Old 10-11-2018, 10:08 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Long story short...even a Chevy guy can look at a Shelby Mustang and recognize it's damn nice car and understand it's not just a Ford Mustang any more. Nobody who's ever seen a Shelby up close, didn't get it and appreciate it. Same principle applies here. If you can't see that, it's your bias getting in the way of reason and fact.

Last edited by tacticalcity; 10-11-2018 at 11:05 PM..
Old 10-12-2018, 7:40 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrettM99 View Post
Zev is just another turd in the toilet bowl.

Their BNIB factory-complete drop-in slide was a complete piece of junk that had to be sent back for replacement.

Their fulcrum trigger and dimpled barrel OTOH were pretty decent. I’ll give them that.
do you want to expound on the "drop in slide"? that doesnt sound custom and it doesnt sound like you sent your firearm into the company.

it sounds like you bought something already built and it didnt work on your frame.