Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 01-19-2013, 6:11 PM

Default Phoenix Gun Show

Just got back from Phoenix show, and yes it was worse madness than even Ontario two weeks ago. The prices are all up since last week when I did the Ventura Show. MiWall has raised prices on most products 10 to 15% since last week. Supply according to Mike, the owner, is very hard to come by. Don't even ask about private sellers. One guy had Norinco 223 in the yellow box for 30.00 a box!!!! Almost all who had 223/556 are now asking 1.00 a round for it. Some even more. All AK ammo is 10 to 12.00 a box for Wolf, Tula, etc. 308 surplus running 70 to 80c a round. I saw boxes of ammo I haven't seen in years. There was stuff you can tell had been stored for years. Very little 8mm, one guy had Turk bandos, the copper stuff for 40.00 a bando. Most SKS were at least 450 for Chinese, and 550 and up for the Russian ones. Only common stuff like shotguns and sporting rifles were anywhere near the pre madness levels. Any one else go to Phoenix?

PS, when the doors opened at 9;00 the rush to MiWall's table looked like a scene from the Godzilla movies. People running wildly!!
Old 01-19-2013, 6:45 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Dang...I'am sure glad I reload.

Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).
Old 01-19-2013, 7:15 PM
Veteran Member

i didnt even bother going and im only 25 minutes away.im not that desperate to pay top dollar for stuff.
Old 01-19-2013, 7:38 PM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I was gonna go until I got called to meet a guy with a nice rifle. Turns out it was a American Spirit Arms high end 308 with decent scope. Got it for $2200 and was offered $4500 two hours later at my ffl when I asked him to check it out.

Private 10 acre range rentals
[/URL]
Old 01-19-2013, 9:20 PM

Default gunshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie View Post
Just got back from Phoenix show, and yes it was worse madness than even Ontario two weeks ago. The prices are all up since last week when I did the Ventura Show. MiWall has raised prices on most products 10 to 15% since last week. Supply according to Mike, the owner, is very hard to come by. Don't even ask about private sellers. One guy had Norinco 223 in the yellow box for 30.00 a box!!!! Almost all who had 223/556 are now asking 1.00 a round for it. Some even more. All AK ammo is 10 to 12.00 a box for Wolf, Tula, etc. 308 surplus running 70 to 80c a round. I saw boxes of ammo I haven't seen in years. There was stuff you can tell had been stored for years. Very little 8mm, one guy had Turk bandos, the copper stuff for 40.00 a bando. Most SKS were at least 450 for Chinese, and 550 and up for the Russian ones. Only common stuff like shotguns and sporting rifles were anywhere near the pre madness levels. Any one else go to Phoenix?

PS, when the doors opened at 9;00 the rush to MiWall's table looked like a scene from the Godzilla movies. People running wildly!!
any ar or saiga ak mags at the show im a little low
Old 01-20-2013, 5:52 AM

Yes lots but double or triple price.
Old 01-20-2013, 5:54 AM

Costa Mesa is next weekend and i`m not going I can`t imagine how bad that ones going to be. I like going to the shows but I think i`ll skip a couple and hopefully the panic will die down.
Old 01-20-2013, 7:53 AM

Costa Mesa will be the biggest show since the December tragedy, and I expect it to be a mad house.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:24 AM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie View Post
Costa Mesa will be the biggest show since the December tragedy, and I expect it to be a mad house.
Add to that DiFi will announce her new gun plan too which will add to the panic.

Insight Shooting Range Monthly Shoot Dec 17th
Old 01-20-2013, 1:31 PM
Calguns Addict

I was there yesterday and today, it was freaking out of hand.
You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.
Old 01-20-2013, 5:02 PM
Veteran Member

I'm preparing for costa Mesa. 2 days ago was my last shower. I got my Hawaiian shirt at the bottom of hamper until that great day. Going to be fun.
Old 01-20-2013, 7:11 PM
Calguns Addict

I was in Wickenburg this weekend so a friend and I went today; lots of talk about how nuts yesterday was. We got there about 10 a.m. and it was pretty slow. High prices, and other than the long line at Miwall, not much action.

Didn't find any of the stuff on my list so no joy here.