Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-07-2018, 4:04 PM
smoothy8500's Avatar
smoothy8500 smoothy8500 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 1,702
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default Nosler Blems available

Nosler Custom Competition blems and RDF are available:

http://www.shootersproshop.com/nosle...ition,RDF.html
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-08-2018, 7:54 PM
Spyder's Avatar
Spyder Spyder is offline
Just me, baby. Just me.
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In a shack, in the woods
Posts: 11,611
iTrader: 99 / 100%
Default

Ssshhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Donít tell people!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-08-2018, 8:00 PM
Kwikvette's Avatar
Kwikvette Kwikvette is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Monterey County
Posts: 3,536
iTrader: 47 / 100%
Default

Twice at the range today people mentioned Nosler RDF's and now here?

I'm stocked up on a ton of ELD-M...wonder if I should try RDF's out at all.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by longrange1 View Post
my gun shoots better with shiny brass...plus not only does the shiny brass make me look like a pimp at the range if the sun catches it just right it blinds the guy next to me which improves my odds of winning the match.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-08-2018, 8:04 PM
elk hunter's Avatar
elk hunter elk hunter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,026
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I'm surprised that this isn't talked about more than it has been, I thought it was common knowledge. It's where I get the very best prices on the Nosler partitions that I shoot.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-08-2018, 11:43 PM
jdmacl jdmacl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 685
iTrader: 35 / 100%
Default

Yea, was going to get some .30 RDF, but at $13 S/H it kills any great deal one gets on the bullets.

They aught to be able to ship for well less than $10 package, but oh well...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-09-2018, 6:32 AM
Spyder's Avatar
Spyder Spyder is offline
Just me, baby. Just me.
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In a shack, in the woods
Posts: 11,611
iTrader: 99 / 100%
Default

Eh. 13 bucks to ship 400 bucks worth of bullets is nothing.

I have a package arriving tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-09-2018, 7:07 AM
AGGRO's Avatar
AGGRO AGGRO is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,922
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
Eh. 13 bucks to ship 400 bucks worth of bullets is nothing.

I have a package arriving tomorrow.
go big or go home
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-09-2018, 7:24 AM
kcstott kcstott is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 10,450
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmacl View Post
Yea, was going to get some .30 RDF, but at $13 S/H it kills any great deal one gets on the bullets.

They aught to be able to ship for well less than $10 package, but oh well...
You ought to be able to buy more than one box at a time. I was reserved and only ordered 1000. $213 shipped. Thatís $50 more than what I pay for 500 bullets. So it was ďBuy 500 and get 500 for 60% off with free shipping.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-09-2018, 7:25 AM
kcstott kcstott is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 10,450
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Oh and thank you Smoothie for the heads up
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-09-2018, 7:26 AM
nedro nedro is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,322
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Well, I'm just starting to reload 308 so Thanks OP.
My 700 loves 168 SMK so I picked up some 168 CustomComps to try out along with some 175 RDFs.
Would anyone mind pointing me to a good powder for the 175s?
I have AA220, CFE223, H322, H335 but I don't think any of those are going to work with these.
__________________
Here in California; Law abiding Citizens are simply Useful Idiots and Criminals are a Protected Species.
<nedro>
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-09-2018, 7:57 AM
Kwikvette's Avatar
Kwikvette Kwikvette is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Monterey County
Posts: 3,536
iTrader: 47 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedro View Post
Well, I'm just starting to reload 308 so Thanks OP.
My 700 loves 168 SMK so I picked up some 168 CustomComps to try out along with some 175 RDFs.
Would anyone mind pointing me to a good powder for the 175s?
I have AA220, CFE223, H322, H335 but I don't think any of those are going to work with these.
I use 175gr SMK's and have great luck with RL15.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by longrange1 View Post
my gun shoots better with shiny brass...plus not only does the shiny brass make me look like a pimp at the range if the sun catches it just right it blinds the guy next to me which improves my odds of winning the match.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-09-2018, 8:15 AM
nedro nedro is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,322
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Thanks,
I'll check out the ballistics on it.
__________________
Here in California; Law abiding Citizens are simply Useful Idiots and Criminals are a Protected Species.
<nedro>
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-09-2018, 8:47 AM
smoothy8500's Avatar
smoothy8500 smoothy8500 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 1,702
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwikvette View Post
Twice at the range today people mentioned Nosler RDF's and now here?

I'm stocked up on a ton of ELD-M...wonder if I should try RDF's out at all.
From what I understand of the RDF, they are a "copy" of the Berger VLD. I bought a boatload of the 175 Custom Comps when they were on sale for $17, which is working well for my Rem 700 with IMR 4064 on Long Range.

Last edited by smoothy8500; 02-09-2018 at 9:02 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-09-2018, 9:08 AM
smoothy8500's Avatar
smoothy8500 smoothy8500 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 1,702
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedro View Post
My 700 loves 168 SMK so I picked up some 168 CustomComps to try out along with some 175 RDFs.
Would anyone mind pointing me to a good powder for the 175s?
I have AA220,
AA2520 or 2230?

I've used AA2520, but prefer IMR powders 4895 or 4064.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-09-2018, 9:27 AM
elk hunter's Avatar
elk hunter elk hunter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,026
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

You must be shooting a gas gun.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-09-2018, 11:40 AM
Spyder's Avatar
Spyder Spyder is offline
Just me, baby. Just me.
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In a shack, in the woods
Posts: 11,611
iTrader: 99 / 100%
Default

I've shot a whole bhmunch of really precise 175 smk with varget.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-09-2018, 11:41 AM
Spyder's Avatar
Spyder Spyder is offline
Just me, baby. Just me.
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In a shack, in the woods
Posts: 11,611
iTrader: 99 / 100%
Default

Bhmunch means more than many, not as much as some, btw...
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-09-2018, 12:27 PM
smoothy8500's Avatar
smoothy8500 smoothy8500 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 1,702
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

For me a "butt-hole-munch" means something else too...
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-09-2018, 1:28 PM
nedro nedro is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,322
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothy8500 View Post
AA2520 or 2230?

I've used AA2520, but prefer IMR powders 4895 or 4064.
Sorry about that.
I have a bunch of AA2200. I use it for 6.8SPC
I do have some Varget also.
__________________
Here in California; Law abiding Citizens are simply Useful Idiots and Criminals are a Protected Species.
<nedro>
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-13-2018, 5:43 PM
demolition's Avatar
demolition demolition is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Riverside
Posts: 215
iTrader: 41 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothy8500 View Post
From what I understand of the RDF, they are a "copy" of the Berger VLD. I bought a boatload of the 175 Custom Comps when they were on sale for $17, which is working well for my Rem 700 with IMR 4064 on Long Range.
I just ordered some of those 175 RDF, how many Gr of 4064 you using ? And col if you donít mind me asking ,

Thanks
__________________
If you want something done right , do it yourself.🇺🇸
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-13-2018, 6:51 PM
smoothy8500's Avatar
smoothy8500 smoothy8500 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 1,702
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
I just ordered some of those 175 RDF, how many Gr of 4064 you using ? And col if you donít mind me asking ,

Thanks
I haven't used the RDF, I've been using the 175 Custom Comps with 4064 for LR matches.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-13-2018, 6:58 PM
Deedle Deedle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: America
Posts: 1,028
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk hunter View Post
I'm surprised that this isn't talked about more than it has been, I thought it was common knowledge. It's where I get the very best prices on the Nosler partitions that I shoot.
I used to live in La Pine, OR, which is just a little south of the Nosler factory in Bend. Nice place to stop and shop
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-14-2018, 1:08 AM
roostersgt roostersgt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: 5200'
Posts: 1,756
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Thanks for posting OP. Needed some Nosler E-Tips for load development for Cali pig hunts. Super prices on their blems. Also picked up some ridiculously low priced 30 / 270 cal blem Partitions. Thanks again.

Last edited by roostersgt; 02-14-2018 at 11:27 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-14-2018, 4:25 AM
kcstott kcstott is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 10,450
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
I just ordered some of those 175 RDF, how many Gr of 4064 you using ? And col if you don’t mind me asking ,

Thanks
Well I don't know about the rest here But damn sure hate sharing load data on the web.

Look there is a very simple way to load develop in less than 30 rounds. No ladder testing, no groupings at first. just velocity data then seating depth. It's not my idea but it's sound and it works every time. 6.5 guys on youtube have a vid on it. 10 round load development.

So after you know the distance from the case head to the throat ogive junction datum line brake out the manual and you will find that with PP2000MR the start load is 45grs and the max load is 47.7grs,
so in two or three tenth grain increments build one case in each powder charge .020" off the lands like this
45.0
45.3
45.6
45.9
46.2
46.5
46.8
47.1
47.4
47.7

Ten rounds and all we collect is velocity data. you could go .2 gr steps and have 15 rounds but this works for me on a 308 sized case.

hook up the chrono get your velocity data. you will then see two distinct spots that as the powder charge increases the velocity stop changing or doesn't change as much as the last step. I mean the difference between a 25 FPS jump and a 5 FPS jump. These are pressure nodes, Pick one close to your velocity you'd like to be at and pick the charge in the middle of the node to allow for variances.

Now go home and load up five rounds each in your new powder charge at .020 off the lands and .015", .010", and .005" and for me because I like to shoot my bolt rifle from a mag sometimes i need to see what mag length will do so five loaded to mag length as well. so 20 rounds total plus the five mag length rounds. go fire each set well aimed at 100 meters or greater. I like shooting at 300 meters to verify bullet stability too. I can guarantee one set of those rounds will produce a one hole group in a good rifle with a good shooter.

so you need two trips to the range and 30-35 rounds and a chrono. works out to about four hours worth of work to find a load.

But I'm not going to give you my load data. I don't know you nor your weapon sorry
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-14-2018, 4:34 AM
edgerly779 edgerly779 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: canoga park, ca
Posts: 11,193
iTrader: 85 / 100%
Default

I have been buying them for years. Some great non lead etip deals .
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-14-2018, 4:45 AM
kcstott kcstott is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 10,450
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

And FYI the so called blems showed up yesterday. I opened all the boxes and randomly pulled some rounds I don't know what they mean by blem they look fine, they weigh fine to with in .2gr of each other. tipping looks perfect. I had a hand full of left over rounds from my last batch of 500 to compare to. so unless there is a random 168gr bullet dropped in each box I can't tell why they are blems.

I would say Smoothie is correct that th ebullet is a damn close copy of a berger VLD problem is I can load bergers and sierras mag length and jump th ecrap out of them and they group one hole. these will shoot a five inch group if you try that. so i have to shoot them .005" off the lands. you may have better luck. but my rifles don't like them jumping.

Which is why I have gone back to Sierra SMK's and will be buying a meplat trimmer and tipping die soon. But at $19 per 100 RDF's even having to single load them is a deal.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-14-2018, 5:54 AM
edgerly779 edgerly779 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: canoga park, ca
Posts: 11,193
iTrader: 85 / 100%
Default

They are not all blem often times over runs of a bullet type or weight. I picked up 6,8 spc/.277 etips for 50 cnts on the dollar and sold some on here to cover shipping with a small profit.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-14-2018, 1:50 PM
demolition's Avatar
demolition demolition is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Riverside
Posts: 215
iTrader: 41 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcstott View Post
Well I don't know about the rest here But damn sure hate sharing load data on the web.

Look there is a very simple way to load develop in less than 30 rounds. No ladder testing, no groupings at first. just velocity data then seating depth. It's not my idea but it's sound and it works every time. 6.5 guys on youtube have a vid on it. 10 round load development.

So after you know the distance from the case head to the throat ogive junction datum line brake out the manual and you will find that with PP2000MR the start load is 45grs and the max load is 47.7grs,
so in two or three tenth grain increments build one case in each powder charge .020" off the lands like this
45.0
45.3
45.6
45.9
46.2
46.5
46.8
47.1
47.4
47.7

Ten rounds and all we collect is velocity data. you could go .2 gr steps and have 15 rounds but this works for me on a 308 sized case.

hook up the chrono get your velocity data. you will then see two distinct spots that as the powder charge increases the velocity stop changing or doesn't change as much as the last step. I mean the difference between a 25 FPS jump and a 5 FPS jump. These are pressure nodes, Pick one close to your velocity you'd like to be at and pick the charge in the middle of the node to allow for variances.

Now go home and load up five rounds each in your new powder charge at .020 off the lands and .015", .010", and .005" and for me because I like to shoot my bolt rifle from a mag sometimes i need to see what mag length will do so five loaded to mag length as well. so 20 rounds total plus the five mag length rounds. go fire each set well aimed at 100 meters or greater. I like shooting at 300 meters to verify bullet stability too. I can guarantee one set of those rounds will produce a one hole group in a good rifle with a good shooter.

so you need two trips to the range and 30-35 rounds and a chrono. works out to about four hours worth of work to find a load.

But I'm not going to give you my load data. I don't know you nor your weapon sorry

Thank you sir . And I completely understand . Happy shooting .
__________________
If you want something done right , do it yourself.🇺🇸
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-15-2018, 6:08 PM
smoothy8500's Avatar
smoothy8500 smoothy8500 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 1,702
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Brown suit Santa stopped by the other day and dropped off 10 boxes of 168's for the M14...

Last edited by smoothy8500; 05-07-2018 at 7:11 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-16-2018, 12:45 AM
demolition's Avatar
demolition demolition is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Riverside
Posts: 215
iTrader: 41 / 100%
Default

Yea brown Santa came by over here as well, dropped off some 175 RDFs
__________________
If you want something done right , do it yourself.🇺🇸
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 02-16-2018, 9:04 AM
milw50717's Avatar
milw50717 milw50717 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 731
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

And I have to wait until Monday for Santa ....
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-16-2018, 11:11 AM
Whiterabbit Whiterabbit is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,948
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Hey guys, since they are so cheap, I recommend double checking your load performance.

I used to buy SPS blems and like them.

-Then I realized my barnes loads in 7x57 shot cloverleafs on a cold barrel on a good day, never so with the E-tip blems. I don't buy them anymore.
-Then I found my RPR shot groups about 1.25" at best with nosler blems from SPS, and I cut that in half by switching to equal weight Bergers. And even better still with Berger VLD's,

If you are just looking at plinking on 6" plates at 100 yards, then whatever. On the other hand, there are lots cheaper bullets that can do that too.

I'm not saying they suck, all I am saying is since they are so cheap, I suggest you double your qualification testing, because you can afford it and there is risk.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-16-2018, 1:51 PM
kcstott kcstott is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 10,450
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiterabbit View Post
Hey guys, since they are so cheap, I recommend double checking your load performance.

I used to buy SPS blems and like them.

-Then I realized my barnes loads in 7x57 shot cloverleafs on a cold barrel on a good day, never so with the E-tip blems. I don't buy them anymore.
-Then I found my RPR shot groups about 1.25" at best with nosler blems from SPS, and I cut that in half by switching to equal weight Bergers. And even better still with Berger VLD's,

If you are just looking at plinking on 6" plates at 100 yards, then whatever. On the other hand, there are lots cheaper bullets that can do that too.

I'm not saying they suck, all I am saying is since they are so cheap, I suggest you double your qualification testing, because you can afford it and there is risk.
Well weíre gonna see. I need to rezero my rifle after swapping rings so weíll see
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-16-2018, 3:05 PM
Whiterabbit Whiterabbit is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,948
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Don't get me wrong, I wanted them to work. They are 60% the price of bergers. I did not want bergers to outshoot the blems by double. But they did.

To be fair, I was shooting custom competitions. The RDF bullets may be better.

I've shot enough of the E-tips to know barnes will work better for any CA hunting. Both accuracy and terminal ballistics.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-16-2018, 3:21 PM
demolition's Avatar
demolition demolition is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Riverside
Posts: 215
iTrader: 41 / 100%
Default

Took some of those rdfs out today. Not too happy...loaded some with imr 4895 and 4064


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
If you want something done right , do it yourself.🇺🇸
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-16-2018, 3:50 PM
kcstott kcstott is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 10,450
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
Took some of those rdfs out today. Not too happy...loaded some with imr 4895 and 4064


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How far off the lands are you? My rifle donít like them seated any deeper than .005 off the lands.
Yeah I was getting frustrated until I hit that last five rounds and shot a one hole group. They are very picky bullets no doubt. But can be made to shoot a tire group, just give up on mag feeding your rounds.

By the way 4895 is to fast a powder to use for 175ís you wonít get enough in the case to hit 2700 FPS. Varget or PP2000MR for best results.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-16-2018, 3:54 PM
kcstott kcstott is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 10,450
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiterabbit View Post
Don't get me wrong, I wanted them to work. They are 60% the price of bergers. I did not want bergers to outshoot the blems by double. But they did.

To be fair, I was shooting custom competitions. The RDF bullets may be better.

I've shot enough of the E-tips to know barnes will work better for any CA hunting. Both accuracy and terminal ballistics.
No don’t get me wrong either, I’m apprehensive about these too. Hopefully I can just load and go but if I have to do new load work up I’m not going to be happy.

FYI Berger 175 VLD’s ain’t worth the money they want. My SMK’s do just as well or better at 100 to 1000 yards. RDF’s suck cause I have to seat them out so long but they do shoot some very small groups. The only reason I tried the RDF’s was the advertised BC. And they live up to the BC
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-16-2018, 3:54 PM
demolition's Avatar
demolition demolition is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Riverside
Posts: 215
iTrader: 41 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcstott View Post
How far off the lands are you? My rifle donít like them seated any deeper than .005 off the lands.

Yeah I was getting frustrated until I hit that last five rounds and shot a one hole group. They are very picky bullets no doubt. But can be made to shoot a tire group, just give up on mag feeding your rounds.



By the way 4895 is to fast a powder to use for 175ís you wonít get enough in the case to hit 2700 FPS. Varget or PP2000MR for best results.


Your absolutely right , the 4895 did not do well . The 4064 did much better , and the batch I loaded long did better . Iím gonna have to seat longer , play with the over all lengths. The longer loads tightened up. I have such a long free bore on this 700 aac that if I seat any longer Iím afraid I wonít have enough bullet in the case.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
If you want something done right , do it yourself.🇺🇸
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-16-2018, 4:24 PM
kcstott kcstott is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 10,450
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
Your absolutely right , the 4895 did not do well . The 4064 did much better , and the batch I loaded long did better . Iím gonna have to seat longer , play with the over all lengths. The longer loads tightened up. I have such a long free bore on this 700 aac that if I seat any longer Iím afraid I wonít have enough bullet in the case.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Youíll have plenty in the neck to hold on to. Youíll think you wonít because the COAL is going to be 3.03 or there abouts. Itís going to hang out there a mile. But thatís the only way they would shoot.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02-16-2018, 5:11 PM
demolition's Avatar
demolition demolition is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Riverside
Posts: 215
iTrader: 41 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcstott View Post
Youíll have plenty in the neck to hold on to. Youíll think you wonít because the COAL is going to be 3.03 or there abouts. Itís going to hang out there a mile. But thatís the only way they would shoot.


Around 3 inch sounds kinda crazy to me but your right , thatís how much is in there , I guess for some reason Iím stuck on the whole ď minimum caliber amount of bite in the neck ď Iím going to give it a try for sure . Thanks for the help and info . Much Appreciated kcstott.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
If you want something done right , do it yourself.🇺🇸
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:39 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.