Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-13-2018, 7:12 PM

Default NJ Now has 2 CCW Lawsuits Filed

I must admit I have been very frustrated with what little has been done in NJ when it comes to 2A Rights. As I read about the lawsuits and success you guys have had in CA I couldn't understand why the groups in NJ weren't doing the same; until now.

The ANJRPC which our NRA group in NJ is backing one lawsuit which is Rodgers & ANJRPC v Grewal et al which has gotten a little more exposure and is picking up where Drake left off when Cert was denied. However since Cert was denied Wrenn was decided in favor of CCW. The Cheeseman suit which is attacking the no issue CCW that NJ really is from a different angle. Mark Cheeseman was successful last year in overturning NJ law banning stun guns. Hopefully success is found again. I am hoping this is just the start of the lawsuits.

The Cheeseman Suit is being backed by CNJFO and has a Go Fund Me page and is near it's goal. They have not received direct backing of the NRA, but Scott Bach who is with the ANJRPC has donated himself to the case. If any of you guys could spare a donation to put it over the top it would be greatly appreciated. Any lawsuit in the Anti States could be the one that makes it to SCOTUS and restores the rights for all of us stuck behind the lines. For the record I am not associated with the lawsuits, but I believe in them.

https://www.gofundme.com/restore-carry-nj

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited by capt14k; 02-14-2018 at 7:55 AM..
Old 02-14-2018, 8:48 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Well, that ought to settle it in about 10 or 20 more years?
Old 02-15-2018, 4:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
Well, that ought to settle it in about 10 or 20 more years?
Once Kennedy retires and is replaced next year I think SCOTUS will take a 2A case again. A carry case first and then a so called assault weapons case. Carry they will extend Heller and MacDonald to outside the home and side with Wrenn decision. AWB they will use sporting sporting and apply strict review to put a stop to mag restrictions, evil features, and banned by name.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2018, 8:42 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Roberts calls the shots. Roberts is alergic to controversy.