Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 11:40 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjaminh98 View Post
My biggest issue is that I didn't have an actual "interview" with anyone. Like I said above...paid the fees..got fingerprinted...and off I went..
Well, it turns out that I did need an interview. I went in on Wednesday to have it. I interviewed with a very professional Detective.
Old 03-26-2012, 6:41 AM

They base their approval process off from the write up from the interview. They pick apart your good cause statement one by one, and in the write up that is all they base the decision on. The written statement has nothing to do with approval, CPT Arranda's recommendation to the sheriff has everything to do with approval or denial.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
Old 03-26-2012, 9:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by automatikdonn View Post
They base their approval process off from the write up from the interview. They pick apart your good cause statement one by one, and in the write up that is all they base the decision on. The written statement has nothing to do with approval, CPT Arranda's recommendation to the sheriff has everything to do with approval or denial.
I do not recollect ever meeting, nor conversing with a Captain Aranda. However, I have seen his name in my denial letters. How can he reccommend, if he did not perform the interview, a denial? Especially with a GC statement identical to those already approved?

Does anyone know with Nordyke moving, when we can expect some of the E.P. cases to move forward?
Old 03-26-2012, 3:13 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicwedgy View Post
I do not recollect ever meeting, nor conversing with a Captain Aranda. However, I have seen his name in my denial letters. How can he reccommend, if he did not perform the interview, a denial? Especially with a GC statement identical to those already approved?

Does anyone know with Nordyke moving, when we can expect some of the E.P. cases to move forward?
Nothing will happen with the cases that are stayed until the En Banc Panel issues either a opinion or a remand...

Last edited by HowardW56; 03-26-2012 at 3:36 PM.. Reason: Brain Fart
Old 04-02-2012, 7:36 PM

I would like to speak with any and all Ventura County residents interested in acquiring or maintaining their LTC's. Whether you've been approved, denied, or haven't yet applied, I would like to hear from you.

Discretion remains with the sheriff, but that discretion must be applied evenly. Together, we can make sure that it is. In order to do so it's important that we have grassroots level support from those who have been through the process, regardless of whether they've been approved or denied, and also from those who are interested in applying.

Contact me by PM, or via email at ConnorPPrice at gmail dot com. If you prefer to speak over the phone, please contact me by PM or email and we will arrange to do so.

-Brandon

Last edited by Connor P Price; 04-02-2012 at 7:49 PM..
Old 04-02-2012, 7:53 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor P Price View Post
I would like to speak with any and all Ventura County residents interested in acquiring or maintaining their LTC's. Whether you've been approved, denied, or haven't yet applied, I would like to hear from you.

Discretion remains with the sheriff, but that discretion must be applied evenly. Together, we can make sure that it is. In order to do so it's important that we have grassroots level support from those who have been through the process, regardless of whether they've been approved or denied, and also from those who are interested in applying.

Contact me by PM, or via email at ConnorPPrice at gmail dot com. If you prefer to speak over the phone, please contact me by PM or email and we will arrange to do so.
Will email this week. Have not applied just yet.
Old 04-02-2012, 8:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagearms View Post
Will email this week. Have not applied just yet.
I look forward to hearing from you and I encourage others to do the same.

-Brandon
Old 04-03-2012, 7:06 AM
Barely here....
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by One78Shovel View Post
Also, the good morale character clause is concerning. You may be of morale character enough to purchase a firearm, or even LTC from other states, but you may be held to a higher standard in VC?

Time will tell.

-178S
Hello all,

Does anyone have any information or experience with the "good moral character" clause? The instructions speak of moving violations as been a guide line for good moral character. I have 2 moving violations in the last 5 years, could that be used as a reason for denial?

Thanks for any insight!

Global
Old 04-03-2012, 10:53 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I'd just like to follow this with a note that Connor is a hard-working, trustworthy, and considerate person and I'm excited to see what he will be able to put together.

His efforts have Calguns Foundation's full support and confidence.

-Brandon

Quote:

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 04-10-2012, 4:26 PM

I have no criminal record, spotless Credit, and a clean Driving Record since the early 90's (Ticket 78 MPH Laguna Niguel --He didn't like my Radar Detector). I'm a 53 year old Ventura Business Owner, Property Owner and an Honorably Discharged USAF Veteran. I paid for fingerprinting and training and passed my Interview. I was denied after waiting 8-weeks. I didn't meet the "Criteria" according to the check mark on my letter.

Last edited by thelittlevoice; 04-10-2012 at 4:57 PM..
Old 05-02-2012, 11:17 AM

Has anyone had a positive experience with a second, or third appeal?
Old 05-02-2012, 11:58 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Quote:
Well, it turns out that I did need an interview. I went in on Wednesday to have it. I interviewed with a very professional Detective.
Still waiting..

It was easier getting the damn TRO/RO than it is getting the CCW allowing me to keep my family safe..
Old 05-03-2012, 8:10 AM
Veteran Member

I find it rather odd I was denied initial, then appeal, yet BAT&F find I meet the 'criteria' for issuance of a 03-FFL.

Go figure

-178S
Old 05-03-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
I find it rather odd I was denied initial, then appeal, yet BAT&F find I meet the 'criteria' for issuance of a 03-FFL.

Go figure

-178S
There is no good cause or good moral character requirement for on 03FFL, making it a poor comparison. Give it time.

-Brandon
Old 05-11-2012, 8:14 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Quote:
As of this coming Monday, I'm sitting at 7 weeks for a decision.

Getting a 5 year restraining order issued using the same GCS has proven to be much easier..
Old 05-19-2012, 9:05 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Quote:

I sent an email to you earlier this week. Hope to hear from you soon.
Old 05-20-2012, 9:09 PM

Its been a long "two weeks"
Old 05-28-2012, 1:40 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Quote:
As of this coming Monday, I'm sitting at 7 weeks for a decision.

Getting a 5 year restraining order issued using the same GCS has proven to be much easier..
Now at 9 weeks..

Is there a status line that I can check in on?
Old 05-28-2012, 2:06 PM

No status line that I know of, but they are statutorily bound to process applications within 90 days. It shouldn't be more than another few weeks.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

-Brandon
Old 05-29-2012, 11:58 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Quote:
No status line that I know of, but they are statutorily bound to process applications within 90 days. It shouldn't be more than another few weeks.

Now that I have looked around the VCSD website, it seems there is a status request email address..

Vcso.ccw@ventura.org

I've sent an email and will update when I receive a response
Old 05-31-2012, 8:12 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

I've been looking into lining the training up for a quick turn-around when/if my license comes back approved. I've received numerous "we can't schedule it until you're pre-approved" responses. I've looked at the "new" CCW policy. I can't seem to find anything referring to a "pre-approved" condition.

I know its a repost, but for quick reference..
http://www.vcsd.org/pdf/ccw_policy.pdf
Old 06-01-2012, 12:56 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Quote:
Now that I have looked around the VCSD website, it seems there is a status request email address..

Vcso.ccw@ventura.org

I've sent an email and will update when I receive a response
I received a reply.

My package is at the Major Crimes Unit. Is that a normal stop along the way?
Old 06-01-2012, 5:24 PM

I was told my app went through Major Crimes as well.
Old 06-03-2012, 5:19 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
I'd restate that to say another Guillory lawsuit would likely just be stayed pending Nordyke (and maybe Richards) anyway, so the utility of such litigation is practically mooted. It appears that some applicants who have expressed "good cause" similar to those previously approved are being denied; it's certainly an area that the applicants can take up with the VCSO and, possibly, the local media.

-Brandon
Now that the Nordyke case has come to a close, would another lawsuit do any good?

I'm still at a loss as to that a state/county/local government can take my 2nd Amendment from me with no repercussion.
Old 06-03-2012, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Now that the Nordyke case has come to a close, would another lawsuit do any good?

I'm still at a loss as to that a state/county/local government can take my 2nd Amendment from me with no repercussion.
Nordyke finishing will allow Richards to continue. An equal protection ltc suit would still most likely be stayed pending Richards at this point.

-Brandon
Old 06-04-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by automatikdonn View Post
I called and asked why and they were unable to say anything other than that I do not meet the criteria to receive a permit at this time....
The establishment doesn't want the Alpha Males armed and roaming the streets. They might stand up to tyrannical behaviour.
a global banking oligarchy determined to shipwreck the economies of the world
and feast on its corpse.
Old 06-05-2012, 1:28 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Quote:
I received a reply.

My package is at the Major Crimes Unit. Is that a normal stop along the way?
I just received another email from the VCSO

Quote:
Hi Mr. XXXXXX, your application is still being reviewed by our office. You should be receiving something in the mail withing the next few weeks. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 06-15-2012, 9:08 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Quote:
Still waiting..

It was easier getting the damn TRO/RO than it is getting the CCW allowing me to keep my family safe..
Well, I received their decision..

Denied on GCS
Old 06-16-2012, 1:07 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Sorry to hear that. My father in law was telling me how easy it is to get a CCW up in Fresno where he lives and he asked me about Ventura County. I just laughed. They just go through the pile of applications and approve just enough to hold off the lawsuits, but we all know that the Sheriff doesn't want anyone in the county to have a CCW.

I have not applied yet, not sure if I should even bother. My GCS sounds halfway decent but that really doesn't seem to matter, I have heard of so many being turned down with much stronger sounding GCSs. Study the approved GCSs, they are just random in who they approve.
Old 06-16-2012, 8:35 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Well, I received their decision..

Denied on GCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
Sorry to hear that. My father in law was telling me how easy it is to get a CCW up in Fresno where he lives and he asked me about Ventura County. I just laughed. They just go through the pile of applications and approve just enough to hold off the lawsuits, but we all know that the Sheriff doesn't want anyone in the county to have a CCW.

I have not applied yet, not sure if I should even bother. My GCS sounds halfway decent but that really doesn't seem to matter, I have heard of so many being turned down with much stronger sounding GCSs. Study the approved GCSs, they are just random in who they approve.
With each denial I am more than ever saddened as to why the establishment wants to enable criminals.

Maybe California should break off and fall to the bottom of the sea. The world would be a better place for it.

-178S
Old 06-24-2012, 9:00 AM
Barely here....
CGN Contributor

Looking for clarification: Who issues Port Hueneme's LTCs?

I was at a local store and heard a couple of guys saying that Port Hueneme PD issues them, not Ventura Co. Sherif. Is that correct? I couldn't find anything on either VCS or PH PD websites. I also did a search here, got a bunch of hits, but no answer.

Thanks,

C1
Old 06-25-2012, 7:50 AM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

As far as I know, the VC Sheriff issues all LTC for the entire county. I am in Camarillo, but the Camarillo PD doesn't issue.

Old 06-26-2012, 5:14 AM

Quote:
With each denial I am more than ever saddened as to why the establishment wants to enable criminals.

-178S

The criminals that they want to empower are themselves. The establishment sell outs don't want an armed citizenry, they fear it. Just the other day I saw the new, Federally funded Ventura Police battle wagon screaming down the freeway, lights a-blazin'.

We done gots us some Fed money now!

Guess to whom their loyalty lies?

If they think that supporting the big Fed takeover that's to come is supporting the winning horse, they're in for a surprise down the road when that tiger turns on them.
a global banking oligarchy determined to shipwreck the economies of the world
and feast on its corpse.
Old 07-02-2012, 2:05 PM

Default Well, thats enough for me...

As a supporter of my God given rights and the U.S. Constitution my wife and I recently purchased a few firearms. It is my hope that open carry becomes legal again, as I believe that is truly the best way to project "I am ready to defend my life." Since open carry is illegal I was planning on applying for my CCW, well that is no more. Between SB 249 and all this junk in Ventura, the state of CA is probably going to turn me into a law abiding criminal. What a thought, I don't even like to speed. If I want to carry a weapon to protect myself, the only way I will be able to do it is Illegally. This is crap. Is government, both state and federal trying to incite the masses into an uprissing? Depressing....
Old 07-02-2012, 2:57 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
As far as I know, the VC Sheriff issues all LTC for the entire county. I am in Camarillo, but the Camarillo PD doesn't issue.
I thought Camarillo PD is VCSD, just like Fillmore
Old 07-13-2012, 12:02 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolGuy View Post
I thought Camarillo PD is VCSD, just like Fillmore
You are correct
Old 07-13-2012, 12:12 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Has anyone been approved?
Old 07-16-2012, 1:28 PM

My wife was approved... Go figure>>>> LOL. Whatever, the process is a total crap shoot, and if you go in for your interview looking or acting like you actually want a license it will get denied.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
Old 07-27-2012, 5:19 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Quote:
You are correct
Yup, contracted to the VCSD but I don't think any CLEO in Camarillo, Fillmore or any of the other contracted PDs can issue, you have to make the trip to the Government Center.
Old 08-17-2012, 7:11 PM

Has there been any updates from the Sheriff's office or Calguns about the applications process? Or are we still in a test-bed stage? I think I'm about ready to start the application process for a go of it.
Closed Thread