Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 10:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanz2 View Post
I was just there tonight and have to agree with losgatoscc.

Let me tell you guys of my experience. I'm having a CZ being DROS'ed and SSE'ed at VA. The day I went there, Tuesday 11/27, as I came to find out later, was the last day VA operated normally. Alex processed my papers and charged my VISA for the sales tax, DROS and transfer fees and California Compliance (SSE.) It was funny that there were not a single handgun in the display case. There was one AR lower half and some knifes. And there was one AR hanging on the wall. Two other customers came, saw the wall and display cases were bare and left. One was told they were sold out after Obama's reelection.

When I read this thread, I, too, panicked. I went to the store during lunch time on Monday hoping to talk to someone as my calls did not get answered. Another calgunner, Windex, was also there trying to get his Colt Python out. We both left empty handed as no one showed. The night was rough as I couldn't sleep thinking of what will happen to my CZ Shadow.

This morning I called the number and Paul answered. He says he is doing an internal audit for the new owner. There is no DOJ or ATF audit at all, but this was done as the new owner apparently sees something he does not like. I did not pry to get more info as I am sure he is not at freedom to say everything. He said he needed to know which gun shop can do SSE on my gun, but he has no time as he is overwhelmed with people calling him and sending e-mails. I promised I will call around to see if another dealer can do SSE on my gun and let him know.

After calling around the area, I found PRK Arms in Fresno is the closest shop that will do SSE on CZs. I quickly sent Paul an e-mail and left a detailed voicemail message.

Tonight after work my wife and I decided to drive by to see if anyone is still working as VA used to open until 9pm. Some of the lights in the back were on and two computer screens were still on, but the doors were shut and the gate was padlocked. A guy was standing in the front outside the store but started to walk away as we parked. Must be another disappointed customer, we thought. We stopped anyway and decided to knock on the window. We must have looked really lost and desperate because the guy came back and asked what we were up to. We told him and I took the chance to ask him if his name was Paul. And he said yes and he proceeded to open the gate and let us in the store. I guess it helped that we didn't look like hoodlums about to rob a gun store LOL

He says guns that are going through the 10 day wait period with VA, if no SSE is required, will be handed to the buyers when the time is up as promised. The off-roster guns that have to go through SSE process will not have SSE done at VA. Glocks will be done at Metal Dog Tactical or Tracy Rifle and Pistol. CZs will now be sent to PRK Arms along with mine. I didn't ask where HKs will be sent. If you own a CZ, he will try to contact you tomorrow to get your permission to send it to PRK. We have to restart the entire DROS process over at the new shop . He quickly refunded all the fees I paid at VA.

Paul asked me to post that he can't return calls as he is overwhelmed with the phone calls and e-mails. E-mail is the better way to reach him, although he cannot respond to each one of them due to the sheer volume. He is truly professional and was very helpful with us through the whole ordeal. He does not deserve any abuse from us or other VA customers as he was not with VA when the troubles started. He's only hired to clean this mess up.

VA will most likely survive as another named gun shop. Whether they will continue to do SSE is not known.
VA is done and gone...

1. None of the OGs are there.
2. Probably none of the original owners.
3. Now that there's an 'Audit' for a new owner it won't even be the original FFL.

Just sayin...
Old 12-05-2012, 12:47 AM

I also went by today. Doors were closed, but i bumped into Paul. He was getting food at Ike's. He said he's overwhelmed with all the calls and emails. He said they're still getting deliveries every day, so if your gun comes in, you'll get it. I'm going to drop by tomorrow at lunch to see if they got my order, but more than likely... I'm just going to get a refund.
Old 12-05-2012, 5:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhlan1 View Post
Nope. I'm 55 years old and have held high level positions in business for many years. Have dealt with many failing businesses. Seen and heard it all.
I do not believe in convenient coincidences, and you sir, are a coincidence.
Your sudden arrival out of the ether, with all the answers, your special contacts within the ATF who you don't seem to mind possibly jeopardizing, is just a wee too pat. Did you tell your pal at the ATF you were going to post the info he gave you on the internet? Yes? Then your pal is an idiot. No, then you deceived him.
Pigs may fly, my friend, but......
Wyih are a psycotoic delisional idiot. Please take ur bull**** sonewhere else. Your accusations and false identity ad a professional doesnt makr you or your comment valid. Most business men dont act paranoid and crazy making delusional statementa like you have. Maybe someone like yoi shoulsnt posses guns if you live in a fairty talr word accusing people of.not beibg coinsadental. Please keep yoir opinions and ideology avout atf and doh to yourself. I have never ran ibto a issue with them. They have always treated me right. I am friends with more police officers and entry team.swat members than i can count with my fingers. I have class 3 grandfathered certs in my.family and i been aroind thr block. How about you be professional and just leave me alone. I dont need your delusional false explainations just to make yourself feel better

Thank you

Please excusr the typos im mobile
Old 12-05-2012, 6:02 AM

Guys. Be carefull. Theres a.fool.here who.claims.us.dousing the fire with water.makes us coincidently fake forum members. he is delusional so please avoid saying.anything nice about.va. Hahahaha. Jk
Old 12-05-2012, 6:09 AM

Called yesterday and got their voicemail with an email address to send inquiries to. Sent an email and got a response back from the owner that Paul would be there until 5pm to pick up any non SSE handguns. I rushed out of work and caught Paul as he was locking up. He opened back up and I now have my PPT's.

VA seems to be trying to make things right. I am just glad I now have my PPT's.
Old 12-05-2012, 7:47 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by losgatoscc View Post
Wyih are a psycotoic delisional idiot. Please take ur bull**** sonewhere else. Your accusations and false identity ad a professional doesnt makr you or your comment valid. Most business men dont act paranoid and crazy making delusional statementa like you have. Maybe someone like yoi shoulsnt posses guns if you live in a fairty talr word accusing people of.not beibg coinsadental. Please keep yoir opinions and ideology avout atf and doh to yourself. I have never ran ibto a issue with them. They have always treated me right. I am friends with more police officers and entry team.swat members than i can count with my fingers. I have class 3 grandfathered certs in my.family and i been aroind thr block. How about you be professional and just leave me alone. I dont need your delusional false explainations just to make yourself feel better

Thank you

Please excusr the typos im mobile
Wow dude, for a guy that was calling me out on my "professionalism" a few posts ago, You lost your sh*t pretty damn quick. I thought professional guys like you would have more testicular fortitude than to throw a temper tantrum when people insulted them and questioned who they were. If you cant keep your cool over a freaking internet forum, God help the next guy who cuts you off in traffic or your wife during the next argument. With your temper, we'llprobably hear ablout you on the news.

Just to set the record straight, you sound like a plant to me too. You show up right after this thread and suddenly have all the answers, and even though you claim you have no connection to VA, you amazingly know everything... so here's the thing. No one here GIVES A SH*T how many cops you know or how many weapons you own. You're still the new guy that gives everybody a funny feeling with you walk by.
And lastly, I personally don't have a lot of love for the DOJ and ATF, butnat least I understand how their processes work. Even when multiple people told you that you were wrong, you still couldn't admit to it. So, from me and the others who have to put up with your st*t, GTFO.
Sincerely,
Alfred1222
/thread.

ΦΑ
Old 12-05-2012, 8:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfred1222 View Post
Wow dude, for a guy that was calling me out on my "professionalism" a few posts ago, You lost your sh*t pretty damn quick. I thought professional guys like you would have more testicular fortitude than to throw a temper tantrum when people insulted them and questioned who they were. If you cant keep your cool over a freaking internet forum, God help the next guy who cuts you off in traffic or your wife during the next argument. With your temper, we'llprobably hear ablout you on the news.

Just to set the record straight, you sound like a plant to me too. You show up right after this thread and suddenly have all the answers, and even though you claim you have no connection to VA, you amazingly know everything... so here's the thing. No one here GIVES A SH*T how many cops you know or how many weapons you own. You're still the new guy that gives everybody a funny feeling with you walk by.
And lastly, I personally don't have a lot of love for the DOJ and ATF, butnat least I understand how their processes work. Even when multiple people told you that you were wrong, you still couldn't admit to it. So, from me and the others who have to put up with your st*t, GTFO.
Sincerely,
Alfred1222

i think you greatly misunderstood the response. i am not false i am not fraud, and i dont take kindly to delusional responses to try and defend one self ego..yourself i am speaking of, and no i didnt lose it, im calling you out on your delusional statements, please just leave me alone i am a real person and i dont like being called out by lies accusing me of being someone else. and no i drive slow and mellow and dont hold grudges upon any dumb drivers..hahahaha funny bro

and for the record, i dont care how you feel about authority, but if you do your research you will learn that what i posted is moderately correct, even who i spoke with people about who were able to give me info that i passed down, and no matter how new i am - i may be new here but your seniority is not a professional response to being rude and disrespectful i dont care to **** what you think. and yes, being in a circle with police officers and other members of authority actually grants me special permissions with my friends to shoot full auto all day and go from small arms to some of thier larger collections of artillery. most people here would be nice and gain my friendship as i get access to some events and things that most dont. you my friend are a weird person, making things up and stating manipulative repetitive posts how u think im new and leaving a bad taste in your mouth. maybe you should get off your knees and stop sucking then

anyways lets just let this get behind us, and all get along. new or not, it doesnt mean ive spent years reading this forum and a few others. and no - your statement about what people care about is incorrect....you my friendliest pal..are a arrogant, ignorant, paranoid delusional individual....i admitted in more than one post, that i was clearly informed by MANY MANY PEOPLE police, doj, and atf members including gun stores on things that must have been a gray "opinion" with others. and dont insult me because i have and do trust some authority....i was a bad child and had issues when i was young, as did a few of my friends. some guys i know where terrible when they were younger. cleaned their lives up, became cops, or higher authority, and ive stayed in close touch with them and chp, and other class 3 collectors in the same group. i dont like many authority but the close guys i know i do trust and respect what they say about firearms. thank you others for correcting me...i simply stood behind my knowledge and understanding but if someone else has experience with the same item im open, thats why i admitted earlier...thanks for informing me, thanks for correcting me

and thank you my friend for being such a arrogant person with rude people skills

lets be professional, and put this behind us, kay?>thanks
Old 12-05-2012, 8:35 AM
Head Janitor

Quote:
Wyih are a psycotoic delisional idiot.

Please take ur bull**** sonewhere else.
Not bright at all.

Time to make you take your own advice.
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.
Old 12-05-2012, 8:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Not bright at all.

yea its true, this guy made me really frustrated, normally im just a really nice and easy going guy. but being accused of such matters justs steams my boat. im a nice guy and ive been a productive member of the firearms community. ive been known in circles to do gunsmithing for free for the last ten years. ive learned alot, but im here for the love. not as such a planted item as the last poster has decided to paint me as. honestly i have no tolerance for online bullying for manipulation. he has no right to assimilate my efforts with a fraud account. its a delusional account on his part and it needs to end. ill defend myself, and i apologize for making it heated, but he posts loaded comments and doesn't expect me to react? or try to slam accusations due to his seniority or something...nah sorry i wont accept that. just because im new has nothing to do with me as a person posting. i have years of experience and im glad to just share with the community. no need for accusations or false commenting to cast a different light on someone just because they are new. that's bullying if u ask me, i wonder how many weggies this guy gave others in school

well thanks again for refreshing the light on the sitch. still va was a good place, and others have responded too personaly, even i got heated at first. i went there, talked to them....and worked my stuff out, and then i posted about it.
Old 12-05-2012, 8:58 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Wow, I still haven't got a call... Maybe Cuz I made a full cash deposit?
Old 12-05-2012, 8:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSR500 View Post
VA is done and gone...

1. None of the OGs are there.
2. Probably none of the original owners.
3. Now that there's an 'Audit' for a new owner it won't even be the original FFL.

Just sayin...
So "VA is done and gone..." is not necessarily a bad thing.

I've heard a lot of pro (shop in Milpitas) and con (new shop in SC). I have limited experience with them over the last 18 months.

I "ordered" (but never put any $ down [in hindsight, thankful for that] on a SSE. I was 4th on the "waiting list" for this item for 8+ months. Not their fault, popular item and hard to get anywhere, especially in CA. No harm, no foul.

Decided to do the work myself and in a short period of time (used GB), had the item sent to VA for SSE. This was naturally the very week (I didn't know this) that they were moving from Milpitas to SC. So I drive to Milpitas to do the DROS and saw the sign on the door directing me to the new shop. Not far away, so zipped over there. Unfortunately, the item was still at the old shop (WTF?) and they sent someone over to retrieve it. Naturally it was terrible traffic and a bunch of other issues, so they read the SN (which I already had) over the phone and started the DROS paperwork and all went relatively well (except not seeing the firearm - which bothered me a bit).

10 days later I go to pick it up and whomever did the SSE wasn't so careful with the takedown latch as I now had a free idiot scratch (very light, but it's there - can I prove they did it? No. Was it in the pictures from the original seller? No. I'm in a no win scenario, so it's not worth trying to point fingers. Live and learn, next time I'd inspect the PHYSICAL firearm and document the condition with the staff via pics.

The vibe of the shop at "move week" was positive and it looked like they were going to turn into a nice shop (never stepped into the previous shop).

The vibe at SSE pickup 10 days later however was different. More of a clique, guys (based on how they were hanging out at the counter and walking back/forth behind it, seemed to be employees) "hanging out" and shooting the breeze (if I had youngsters with me, I would have left based on the language and topics discussed - not so professional IMO). No one seemed too interested in even asking "can I help you". I had to break into a "shooting the breeze" conversation to say I'm here (after standing at the counter holding paperwork for a few minutes) for a SSE pickup. I noted the idiot scratch as soon as he brought out the gun. Bit of a let down, especially for an 07 FFL. Based on my overall experience, it was a one time relationship for me.

So, from my perspective, the "new" VA (I'd bet on a name change) might be a good thing. Good to see a LGS remain in the area. Sometimes a staff/ownership change is just what's needed to make a big difference. The customer focus on the PPTs/refunds I'm reading here already indicate a significant change for the better IMO.
Old 12-05-2012, 9:05 AM

Question

Anybody else out there trying to pick up a SSE? Seems that some are getting responses fairly quickly, but others (me at least) aren't. Sounds like they don't have the manpower (or capability?) of completing the SSE at this point- I was supposed to be able pick up my 1911 on 12/1, DROS was done on 11/21. I've sent 2 email now, and left a message on their voicemail which has changed again as of last night.

Just curious if anyone else waiting for SSE has been contacted.

Last edited by bbogert; 12-05-2012 at 9:09 AM..
Old 12-05-2012, 9:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbogert View Post
Anybody else out there trying to pick up a SSE? Seems that some are getting responses fairly quickly, but others (me at least) aren't. Sounds like they don't have the manpower (or capability?) of completing the SSE at this point- I was supposed to be able pick up my 1911 on 12/1, DROS was done on 11/21. I've sent 2 email now, and left a message on their voicemail which has changed again as of last night.

Just curious if anyone else waiting for SSE has been contacted.

When I was talking to Paul, it sounded like they're not doing the SSE (unless it's already done). They'll send the gun to another shop to get the SSE done.
Old 12-05-2012, 9:59 AM

I tried to read through all the speculation contained in this thread, and failed.

Can someone please sum up the current state of facts at the moment? As far as I can tell, the only thing that people know for certain is that their doors are closed and they are giving refunds. Correct?

-Freq

Old 12-05-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
yea its true, this guy made me really frustrated, normally im just a really nice and easy going guy. but being accused of such matters justs steams my boat. im a nice guy and ive been a productive member of the firearms community. ive been known in circles to do gunsmithing for free for the last ten years. ive learned alot, but im here for the love. not as such a planted item as the last poster has decided to paint me as. honestly i have no tolerance for online bullying for manipulation. he has no right to assimilate my efforts with a fraud account. its a delusional account on his part and it needs to end. ill defend myself, and i apologize for making it heated, but he posts loaded comments and doesn't expect me to react? or try to slam accusations due to his seniority or something...nah sorry i wont accept that. just because im new has nothing to do with me as a person posting. i have years of experience and im glad to just share with the community. no need for accusations or false commenting to cast a different light on someone just because they are new. that's bullying if u ask me, i wonder how many weggies this guy gave others in school

well thanks again for refreshing the light on the sitch. still va was a good place, and others have responded too personaly, even i got heated at first. i went there, talked to them....and worked my stuff out, and then i posted about it.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-- Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Just saying.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same View Post
When I was talking to Paul, it sounded like they're not doing the SSE (unless it's already done). They'll send the gun to another shop to get the SSE done.
Wish they would return my calls and emails. My cousin and I have transfered pistols in their possession. Just want them sent out. I emailed yesterday at @2pm.oyhets that emailed an hour before me have already gotten return calls or emails.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:19 AM

Wow, that was an amazingly long thread with very little useful information.

I'm always sad to hear about any shop closing or having trouble, but it seems VA was always riding that fine line.

Thanks to the mods for banning the FUD spreader. I don't think I have ever read so much bad information from one person before.

As for a new owner, I just wonder why anyone would buy a business with no inventory and a questionable reputation? Why not just get an FFL and open a new shop? Should be interesting to see how this plays out. Best of luck to all involved.

400 Moffett Blvd., Suite F
Mountain View, CA 94043

www.eddysguns.com

Tue-Fri 12-7, Sat 11-5
Old 12-05-2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkphibr View Post
So, from my perspective, the "new" VA (I'd bet on a name change) might be a good thing. Good to see a LGS remain in the area. Sometimes a staff/ownership change is just what's needed to make a big difference. The customer focus on the PPTs/refunds I'm reading here already indicate a significant change for the better IMO.
The main downside I could see coming of this is if the "new" VA decides not to continue with SSEs once they get everything up and running. The "old" VA had some of the best SSE selection/capability in the area.

Statements I make on this forum should not be construed as giving legal advice or forming an attorney-client relationship.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr6veedub View Post
Wish they would return my calls and emails. My cousin and I have transfered pistols in their possession. Just want them sent out. I emailed yesterday at @2pm.oyhets that emailed an hour before me have already gotten return calls or emails.
No doubt. The selective response is very frustrating...
Old 12-05-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
There's all the information you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanz2 View Post
This morning I called the number and Paul answered. He says he is doing an internal audit for the new owner. There is no DOJ or ATF audit at all, but this was done as the new owner apparently sees something he does not like. I did not pry to get more info as I am sure he is not at freedom to say everything. He said he needed to know which gun shop can do SSE on my gun, but he has no time as he is overwhelmed with people calling him and sending e-mails. I promised I will call around to see if another dealer can do SSE on my gun and let him know.

After calling around the area, I found PRK Arms in Fresno is the closest shop that will do SSE on CZs. I quickly sent Paul an e-mail and left a detailed voicemail message.

He says guns that are going through the 10 day wait period with VA, if no SSE is required, will be handed to the buyers when the time is up as promised. The off-roster guns that have to go through SSE process will not have SSE done at VA. Glocks will be done at Metal Dog Tactical or Tracy Rifle and Pistol. CZs will now be sent to PRK Arms along with mine. I didn't ask where HKs will be sent. If you own a CZ, he will try to contact you tomorrow to get your permission to send it to PRK. We have to restart the entire DROS process over at the new shop . He quickly refunded all the fees I paid at VA.

Paul asked me to post that he can't return calls as he is overwhelmed with the phone calls and e-mails. E-mail is the better way to reach him, although he cannot respond to each one of them due to the sheer volume. He is truly professional and was very helpful with us through the whole ordeal. He does not deserve any abuse from us or other VA customers as he was not with VA when the troubles started. He's only hired to clean this mess up.

VA will most likely survive as another named gun shop. Whether they will continue to do SSE is not known.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy's Shooting Sports View Post

I'm always sad to hear about any shop closing or having trouble, but it seems VA was always riding that fine line.

Thanks to the mods for banning the FUD spreader. I don't think I have ever read so much bad information from one person before.

As for a new owner, I just wonder why anyone would buy a business with no inventory and a questionable reputation? Why not just get an FFL and open a new shop? Should be interesting to see how this plays out. Best of luck to all involved.
Maybe they are getting their own ffl, how do we know they didnt get any inventory.. ? looks like everyone needs to wait and see how it turns out..
I say its a good call taking over the co.. everyone one knows its location already and they will get many people coming in from the past traffic..
Just cause there were no guns in the cases doesnt mean they werent in the safe. THink everyone needs to just wait it out and see what happens..
Already sounds like this Paul is doing what ever he can to make the things he can right.... Only time will tell..
Old 12-05-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
No doubt. The selective response is very frustrating...
I totally agree. The fact that people are getting responses and they most likely sent an email and /or called after me is the frustrating part. Take care of the emails in order in which they are received. Easy Way to stay organized and none get overlooked. I just want my pistol packed up and out of there. Return it to sender for all I care at this point. I want to make sure my pistol is accounted for and out of this mess.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Not bright at all.

Lol and the banhammer swings again!!
/thread.

ΦΑ
Old 12-05-2012, 11:12 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy's Shooting Sports View Post
Valkyrie has a contract to provide police uniforms to the local PDs. My guess is that a transfer of ownership would attempt to keep that contract in place.

I'm hoping that the change of ownership works out for them as well. Until about a week ago they were my "go-to" shop.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:14 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Just got a call back from Paul. Apparently they charged me but never actually placed the order. I'm heading there after work for a refund. Crazy... I have followed up 3 times since i put in the order and they said it just hadn't come in yet.

What they did say is that they dont do their own purchasing, that they have a "supplier" who randomly fills orders and ships in the guns. Is that even normal practice?
Old 12-05-2012, 11:26 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisagoodname View Post
Just got a call back from Paul. Apparently they charged me but never actually placed the order. I'm heading there after work for a refund. Crazy... I have followed up 3 times since i put in the order and they said it just hadn't come in yet.

What they did say is that they dont do their own purchasing, that they have a "supplier" who randomly fills orders and ships in the guns. Is that even normal practice?
Sounds like Drop-shipping at supplier level.

I am glad I didn't get the $1,000 PPQ from them.

Did you pay cash or card?
Hi-Power Practical
Baby Eagle 9mm
P99 AS
Glock 43
Old 12-05-2012, 11:30 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Paid full amount on bank card. $598.73
Old 12-05-2012, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kf6tac View Post
The main downside I could see coming of this is if the "new" VA decides not to continue with SSEs once they get everything up and running. The "old" VA had some of the best SSE selection/capability in the area.
Agreed. Having a shop relatively local to do SSE was/is nice. New "owner" means months of FFL "process" and if the new owner will be an 01, no more SSE. This is a story still unraveling/reforming as we type, so it should be interesting...reminds me of BE Castro Valley and their "change" which equated to months of FFL status "updates".
Old 12-05-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisagoodname View Post

I've read a lot of threads about people paying in advance and such (I've special ordered in the past from different shops and haven't had to pay in advance, but that was sometime back, so maybe things have changed), so I'm wondering if the audit is all about this exact thing. Money taken up front for stuff that really never got ordered. A firearms Ponzi scheme of sorts.

Not sure how that will all be handled. I would assume since they did not declare bankruptcy and those who have paid probably have receipts, the new ownership is probably (always a gray area) liable for the "contract" of either fulfilling the delivery or refunding the payment due to non-delivery.

This is one drama-filled thread for sure.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:49 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I have very limited and possibly incorrect info so digest it/value it as you wish.

I have not talked to any VA people in the last two-ish weeks. Don't ask me more, cuz I don't know it, but:
  • The 'new' VA was some kinda merger w/10-8 Police Supply or derivative

• Believe 'old' VA may still have its FFL, and still has its Milpitas 'industrial' space/former shop location.

• I think some of VA's 'old guard' from prior Milpitas location had main jobs/family responsibilities they
    returned to, as working till midnite every other evening was taking its toll.

• Hearing some rumblings of a partner dispute/drama. I hope it resolves amicably and usefully so that
    all parties can get their guns.

I do think it is irrational for people saying shops should buy various rara avis guns for SSEing and not
have to pay up front. Customers flake a lot ("I just lost my job" etc.) and then the dealer is left with a
buncha inventory that may not be of real general interest.

Bill Wiese
San Jose, CA

CGF Board Member / NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA life member

No postings of mine here, unless otherwise specifically noted, are
to be construed as formal or informal positions of the Calguns.Net
ownership, The Calguns Foundation, Inc. ("CGF"), the NRA, or my
employer. No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as
legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

Last edited by bwiese; 12-05-2012 at 11:54 AM..
Old 12-05-2012, 12:02 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiese View Post
I have very limited and possibly incorrect info so digest it/value it as you wish.

I have not talked to any VA people in the last two-ish weeks. Don't ask me more, cuz I don't know it, but:
  • The 'new' VA was some kinda merger w/10-8 Police Supply or derivative

• Believe 'old' VA may still have its FFL, and still has its Milpitas 'industrial' space/former shop location.

• I think some of VA's 'old guard' from prior Milpitas location had main jobs/family responsibilities they
    returned to, as working till midnite every other evening was taking its toll.

• Hearing some rumblings of a partner dispute/drama. I hope it resolves amicably and usefully so that
    all parties can get their guns.

I do think it is irrational for people saying shops should buy various rara avis guns for SSEing and not
have to pay up front. Customers flake a lot ("I just lost my job" etc.) and then the dealer is left with a
buncha inventory that may not be of real general interest.

Thanks Bill.

It does seem that VA was merged with 10-8 Supply according the to address on the yelp page unless that is old news?

http://www.yelp.com/biz/10-8-police-supply-santa-clara
Hi-Power Practical
Baby Eagle 9mm
P99 AS
Glock 43
Old 12-05-2012, 12:16 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Just got the call from Paul. He said, he'll give me the full refund by debit card, even when i paid by cash in full.

FYI For those who are in the same boat i am
Old 12-05-2012, 12:19 PM

Thats a shame. I really liked the shop when it was in Milpitas. I have a 1911 that should be done soon that I had planned to SSE at their new location. I hope I can find another shop that does SSE on 1911's.

I emailed Metal dog and am waiting for a reply. Any one else have any suggestions?
Old 12-05-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTXR390 View Post
Just got the call from Paul. He said, he'll give me the full refund by debit card, even when i paid by cash in full.

FYI For those who are in the same boat i am
Care to share when you called/emailed? That way everyone who has done the same can see where they stand. Looks like they are going out of order or being selective. Thanks
Old 12-05-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrara View Post
Thanks Bill.

It does seem that VA was merged with 10-8 Supply according the to address on the yelp page unless that is old news?

http://www.yelp.com/biz/10-8-police-supply-santa-clara
That's old news (well, a old merger/partnership). 10-8 I believe had the original contract for LE uniforms which was absorbed by VA in the merge.
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.” - Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle
Old 12-05-2012, 12:34 PM

Sorry for the back to back replies, I just got a call from the DOJ (I called them yesterday to get some information). Their systems are showing everything is in order as far as they can see with Valkyrie. The agent on the phone said there are 4 audits happening today in Valkyrie's location and he is going to track down the agents to verify if Valkyrie is one of them. He also suggested I call ATF to see if they have any records of an audit. He did make mention that they would "in the majority of cases" not shut down a business during their audits. It would have to be an extreme case/violation for them to do so. But he mentioned the ATF would. He's going to give me a call back and let me know what he finds out.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:39 PM

Im glad i never dropped a dime with these folks. Visited the shop twice, poor services. For SSE, Metal Dog is my guy.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggz View Post
Thats a shame. I really liked the shop when it was in Milpitas. I have a 1911 that should be done soon that I had planned to SSE at their new location. I hope I can find another shop that does SSE on 1911's.

I emailed Metal dog and am waiting for a reply. Any one else have any suggestions?
I called Metal Dog this AM and they do SSE on 1911's. If I could just get ahold of Paul, or someone at VA I would have my 1911 shipped there if VA can't finish the SSE. Metal Dog said to go ahead and have it shipped, but I would have to start DROS over again- I was supposed to pick up my 1911 on 12/1.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
I called Metal Dog this AM and they do SSE on 1911's. If I could just get ahold of Paul, or someone at VA I would have my 1911 shipped there if VA can't finish the SSE. Metal Dog said to go ahead and have it shipped, but I would have to start DROS over again- I was supposed to pick up my 1911 on 12/1.
Thanks for the info. I hope you get yours taken care of quickly.
Old 12-05-2012, 1:01 PM
CGN Contributor

I registered here just to do a search on Valkyrie Arms to see if something was up with them. Glad to find out that I'm not the only unhappy customer.

I also am wating for a pistol which I already paid for in full. When I was inquiring on the pistol, I specifically told them that if their order took more then a month, I would buy it online and have it shipped to them. They assured me that the pistol would come in less then a month. I'm going on my fourth month!!!!! Purchased my BG380 on August 21st.

I've called them with no success, stopped by their store three times including today with no success. I am going to email them, but really would like to speak to a human being about this situation. I am very patient and will always give a store the benefit of the doubt, but this is plain ridiculous.

Anyway, enough of my rant. Going to email them and see if they'll respond in a timely manner.
Closed Thread