Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Range Cleanups
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Range Cleanups Schedule dates and time to clean up outdoor ranges. If we don't who will?

Old 11-07-2009, 7:35 PM
Calguns Addict

Default CLEAN UP folks..

I am NOT saying anyone on here did it but it is a rant for ME and you all can jump in and rant too....

I went to a un-official range (first time EVER) today with my buddy James (he goes alot to this place) There was garbage and hulls and shells.... I mean piles... I bet 5000-8000 rds. EVERYWHERE... on the rocks in the grass in the woods. Was sick and ugly.

It was SOO bad I decided not to share the spot with others for fear it will only get worse. There was even a spot where 2-3 trees had almost been shot all the way through... A 10 foot round tree... I am no tree hugger but we need to respect the land a "little" so we can continue and share the land. Antis love to show off places like this to SHUT EM down...

I am going to go back soon with about 10 garbage bags (I bet I can fill them all and MORE) And a sign (want to bet it get's shot up?)

WHY do people do this?

BRING in 400 rds of ammo take out 400 rds and if you can not find all yours take a few of someone elses (they may have misplaced)

So does ANYONE on here NOT clean up after shooting?

Even though I had no bags wiht me I took at least 100 rds out and all but 1 of my .40 and a few .22's

PLACES get closed for a reason... Makes me sad.
Old 11-07-2009, 7:51 PM

Some people are just ***holes and think they have a right to leave thier **** anywhere they want and let other people clean up after them.
Old 11-07-2009, 7:54 PM
Calguns Addict

YOu said a mouthful there two shots... It is sick. I have shot with LEO's who leave after shooting and leave it all behind... I want to kick em in the behind...
Old 11-08-2009, 1:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seesm View Post
YOu said a mouthful there two shots... It is sick. I have shot with LEO's who leave after shooting and leave it all behind... I want to kick em in the behind...
I'm disgusted when I see civilian ranges. Brass EVERYWHERE. Every single range I've gone to in the Marine Corps, we left the place spotless... better looking than when we first arrived.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:53 PM
Calguns Addict

As I said in another thread your the man requiem... I want to change the world I guess.... go figure. :P
Old 11-09-2009, 11:03 AM
Honorary MLC
CGN Contributor

...love it when people leave brass behind. It goes in my "needs to be reloaded" box.

Targets, trash and other crap is different though. I always clean up all my own junk.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
...love it when people leave brass behind. It goes in my "needs to be reloaded" box.

Targets, trash and other crap is different though. I always clean up all my own junk.
I pick up a little brass every time I go to a certain range...even though it says that there is no brass picking up. Sometimes, you see that once fired fresh .44 mag shell, and you just HAVE to pick it up. I mean...you could reload that, and save what, 3 dollars a round? LOL

I always clean up my space when I'm done shooting...I see others who just leave, and I'll pick up trash I see left behind...one time I acquired half a box of clays....we ended up shooting those the rest of the day at the range.
Old 11-09-2009, 1:09 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I'm disgusted when I see civilian ranges. Brass EVERYWHERE. Every single range I've gone to in the Marine Corps, we left the place spotless... better looking than when we first arrived.
field day the range in about 10 mins with a company of recruits.
Old 11-09-2009, 2:00 PM
Veteran Member

Went out to Orosco today and we cleaned up after ourselves. left the spent brass though, sorry.
Old 11-12-2009, 7:49 AM

I built myself two of these, and print/copy my own targets out for it. Take it in, Bring it out. http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/edu24.htm

Pick up the brass, because, why wouldn't you? Even if you don't reload now... you sure may in the future. I have brass for calibers I don't own (yet) even

Saddens me to see a place close because of this. There are not THAT many places. But unfortunately, there are a lot of ignorant (to be kind) people these days.
Old 11-12-2009, 7:51 PM
Veteran Member

Not everyone cleans up their mess. I reload, So I don't mind if there are a few cases left laying around. But the target matter is another story. As for the LEOs. Most seem to think they are above the law and another LEO will most likely let them off the hook where a civilian would be cited.
Big Brother is Here!
Old 11-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Calguns Addict

Some if the mess where I am talking I am positive is LEO... But who cares we ALL need to keep places clean...

Heck even a bad guy who wants to go shooting would be bummed if a area is fenced off and not legal to shoot right... So CLEAN UP come 1 come all!!
Old 11-16-2009, 9:37 AM

Seesm, you want to go down there and do some clean up, im game for whatever,Im sure your talking about the place off of 80 I went there this weekend for the first time, and was blown away by how much crap was all over. I ended up packing out as much as I could at the time.
Old 11-16-2009, 7:30 PM
Calguns Addict

Heck yeah lets you, my new buddy "Itsmrjames" and I head over maybe this weekend... Not sure if we are talking the same place. PM me.. Thanks man!
Old 11-16-2009, 7:36 PM
Veteran Member

where is it, I may be willing to help out depending on how far it is...
Old 11-16-2009, 8:46 PM
Calguns Addict

Local but sorta secret... Pile in a car all blindfolded and we can do it... JK
Old 11-17-2009, 8:31 PM
Calguns Addict

So I have been going back and forth with a few Calgunners and we are still working it out. I want to meet up for Sunday this weekend the 22nd at 9 am off the Auburn Ravine exit in Auburn. I am thinking at the Raleys?

I was going to do this post and see who I can get together...

Please PM me with any questions, ideas or if you into this.

I think if we make it out there that early we will be able to get alot done and show the people who also use it we care and want to continue to be able to shoot there. And yeah we can have some fun and shoot too. Thanks folks

All we need is some heavy duty contruction 3mil bags maybe some stick magnets to help it along....

I also tonight spoke to Steve at P.L.I.N.K. and he is seeing if he can help us in some way...
Old 11-17-2009, 11:08 PM
Veteran Member

I am down for the time and date.. I gotta be at work at 3pm so I will need to leave by 2pm.

I will shoot out a PM, I also need to talk to you about getting some gunsmithing stuff done as well, if I can ever get my financial situation straight. I have been living on $3.64 in my bank account since Nov. 3rd.
Old 11-18-2009, 7:21 AM
Calguns Addict

Cool on SUnday let me know.. Thanks! And $3.64? You got me beat Hold out till stuff is better, I am hoping not to go anywhere...
Old 11-18-2009, 7:27 AM

This should be fun, and we will get it cleaned up pretty good...
Old 11-18-2009, 8:59 PM
Calguns Addict

Soooo who do we have in so far...?
BIGCHRIS and Scoob_I_E and me?

Itsmrjames has a hot date on saturday night I hear so he is out... WTH?

Jump on folks..
Old 11-19-2009, 6:26 PM
Calguns Addict

WOW your all really jumping on board trying to help keep legal shooting places open. Wooo Hooo...

So far 3 of us are going only...
Old 11-19-2009, 10:58 PM
Veteran Member

I would go, but I have to do something for my college class saturday at 8am in grass valley (a 1 hr driver from my house) and then on sunday I have the sac gun show early, needless to say I wont be getting much sleep around those times.
Old 11-20-2009, 8:46 AM
CGSSA Coordinator

There's an informal range I go to on a regular basis. It's a beautiful, yet sad, dirty place. I try to leave it cleaner than how I found it, always bringing it the leaf rake and some plastic bags. Tons of shotgun shells all over the place, all sorts of brass, and people leave beer cans and plastic jugs everywhere.

I know for a fact the rangers, who find themselves cleaning it up, are already considering closing it down. This has happened in other places in the county already. Just because some *******s don't clean up after themselves. Those people should have their ammo confiscated.

I always thought the polluting idiots were kids. Until the other day, just as we were unpacking, a 40-something guy who had been shooting his 12-gauge at plastic jugs just packed his shotgun and left with his wife, leaving the place littered with his targets and shells. I wonder how he'd feel if I dumped his crap all over his lawn.

Last edited by a1c; 11-20-2009 at 8:49 AM..
Old 11-20-2009, 5:48 PM
Calguns Addict

I would have found his address(via a plate search) and delivered ALL his trash (not more) just his to his front yard... he would know what was up then.

I have a neighbor who I have seen toss cans and other garbage on my road. We know all the other neighbors and they too complain about this person and his families trash.

So I gather up all the trash on the road and toss it on there yard on a regular basis. BUT it just piles up the never clean that up either.

Must be just the way they are huh?

I was riding my motorcycle once and a guy threw a beer bottle on the ground and I put it into his truck as he rolled off and he got out of his truck and we boxed over his dirtiness... Good times. He took his bottle home btw
Old 11-20-2009, 6:03 PM
I need a LIFE!!

bovine hill is always a nightmare you can swim in the shotshells

last time i was there i saw a hide a bed couch various computers, tailgate, minibike , alloy rims with tires

i did my best but i only had a paper sack it was to the brim with shotshells and i had a gallon ziplock baggie full of my brass

2 things i hate most of all are shotshells and broken bottles
Old 11-20-2009, 6:44 PM
Calguns Addict

Ahh maybe its a lost cause... I mean with the people who are not jumping on board to do this with us... Frustrating really.
Old 11-21-2009, 8:57 AM
Calguns Addict

Well I guess there is some support on this but not tons. I was hoping for more people who want to be able to shoot around here. So we do have a few Cal Gunners meeting up so that is great.

Raleys parking lot 9am in Auburn off the Auburn Ravine Exit off HWY 80 eastbound from Sacramento and Westbound from Lake Tahoe.

Again meetup time is 9am, please bring a shovel, some trash bags a rake, and a stick magnet... Those are some great tools to clean up a shooting range. Any other ideas please add to this right away!! Thanks!

What we will do with the dump stuff is everyone will take there own bags of shooting trash to the dump and send me the receipts to get re-imbursed from a person who has stepped up with his organization and should be able to reimburse us.

As long as he is able to do this it will cost us nothing but TIME and effort.

Sounds great to me as I was going to pay for what I could out of my very little money I have.
Old 11-21-2009, 9:37 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Bring a plastic leaf rake and large lawn&leaf bags, it will make the clean up a lot easier. (Been there, done that)

One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Fjold/member8325.png

Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF
Old 11-21-2009, 8:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Yup and a magnet stick... shovel too..
Old 11-21-2009, 11:33 PM
Calguns Addict

Countdown t minus about 8.5 hrs...
Old 11-27-2009, 9:47 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Countdown t minus about 8.5 hrs...
So how did it go? Got before and after pics? If people see the difference, Maybe they will be more inclined to assist.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:24 AM
Calguns Addict

It went good for just 2 full size men and two little boys showing up... Scoob_i_e posted a thread up in this forum...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=243263 Here is the link... (funny he got a better response from the pics)
Old 11-27-2009, 7:43 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
It went good for just 2 full size men and two little boys showing up... Scoob_i_e posted a thread up in this forum...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=243263 Here is the link... (funny he got a better response from the pics)
It doesn't suprise me. Once people realize that some folks care, maybe they will join in and help next time. Good luck!
Old 11-28-2009, 8:26 AM

maybe Part of the problem is that you stated this was a Secert spot and wasn't willing to share it with fellow cal gunners, as if implying cal gunners are the ones making this mess, I would hope any cal gunners reading a thread about a clean up would not be leaving his spoils behind, as for me I always clean my messes and uasally a little of others, I'm not willing to be blind folded, also My opinion has to be it can't be to much of a serect place if theres that much mess there, and being that its not far from Colfax, my guess is thats where all the fools that got Colfax closed is going now.
Old 11-30-2009, 1:06 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill104 View Post
maybe Part of the problem is that you stated this was a Secert spot and wasn't willing to share it with fellow cal gunners, as if implying cal gunners are the ones making this mess, I would hope any cal gunners reading a thread about a clean up would not be leaving his spoils behind, as for me I always clean my messes and uasally a little of others, I'm not willing to be blind folded, also My opinion has to be it can't be to much of a serect place if theres that much mess there, and being that its not far from Colfax, my guess is thats where all the fools that got Colfax closed is going now.
How would you get that from ANYTHING I posted...? I will not blast the location on here but PM you with it... Not the easiest place to find but not the worst either... BUt PM me if you want directions...

BTW ANYONE that goes to help clean will of course then in turn "KNOW the location" :P