Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Old 02-22-2013, 11:54 AM
Calguns Addict

Default BIG 5 MOSINS

if you work for BIG 5 and have a answer please chime in. last week i tried 3 BIG 5s and not a single MOSIN. a friend that works at the BREA store checked the warehouse and said ZERO. considering they always have MOSINS i doubt it is from a mad rush to buy MOSINS. Maybe they are pulling MOSINS from their stores also.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:06 PM
Veteran Member

I don't know if this helps, but mine has a fake PU sniper. It is a '38 Tula.
Old 02-22-2013, 1:43 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emdawg View Post
I don't know if this helps, but mine has a fake PU sniper. It is a '38 Tula.

congrats i have one of their PUs also. 36 IZZY. of all the 42-43 IZZYs they had why a pre PU sniper 1936 IZZY for a fake sniper. i do like my fake PU though. only me and it know it was not sitting in Molot with a scope on it for 60 years.
Old 02-22-2013, 3:24 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTABIKER View Post
congrats i have one of their PUs also. 36 IZZY. of all the 42-43 IZZYs they had why a pre PU sniper 1936 IZZY for a fake sniper. i do like my fake PU though. only me and it know it was not sitting in Molot with a scope on it for 60 years.
Oh no, what I meant is the one in the Big 5.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:09 PM
Veteran Member

big 5 in elcajon i think has a mosin sniper (dont know if its real or not tho) believe its 600+
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanimal View Post
I love you! (some Homo)
I am a Gay muslim sometimes.
we never had the problems in CA till the whiteys took over. We used to hunt, fish, roam, then they showed up and wanted to be civilized.............Ruined it for everyone!
Old 02-22-2013, 12:53 PM

Have you not seen the rush to buy mosins from AIM.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:59 PM
Veteran Member

Big 5 corporate is not very pro gun and is more worried about PC than rights. Hence the pulling of .223 AR platform rifles and the mandate that .22lr "assault" looking rifles are pulled from display. Not to mention the reduction in firearms placed in the newspaper ads.

BUT the main problem is the DC. Right now Big 5 stores are having trouble getting anything in. Many trucks come with 0 boxes of 9mm, 22lr, or .223. Some trucks have only 3 guns as opposed to pre newtown when 10+ might be the regular. Whether this is the supply or due to the higher ups is unknown.

Mosins are not any different than any of the other firearms and the quantities and frequency of their shipments have drastically been reduced.

Best bet is to hop on your local stores firearm waiting list, but be prepared to wait as some stores are still trying to service customers from December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcjr1125 View Post
big 5 in elcajon i think has a mosin sniper (dont know if its real or not tho) believe its 600+
The rifle is not a proper sniper, every single one I have inspected has a repo scope on it.
“War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 – 1873)

Last edited by Rhythm of Life; 02-22-2013 at 1:01 PM..
Old 02-22-2013, 1:32 PM

Default big 5 mosins

a couple stores got a few down in los angeles but were sold out in 2 days im sure theyll get some in sometime this year but if youll be able to purchase one before they sell out is the question i think this is one of there primary black friday items so if you dont find one by november give them a try on black friday
Old 02-22-2013, 1:48 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhythm of Life View Post
Big 5 corporate is not very pro gun and is more worried about PC than rights. Hence the pulling of .223 AR platform rifles and the mandate that .22lr "assault" looking rifles are pulled from display. Not to mention the reduction in firearms placed in the newspaper ads.

BUT the main problem is the DC. Right now Big 5 stores are having trouble getting anything in. Many trucks come with 0 boxes of 9mm, 22lr, or .223. Some trucks have only 3 guns as opposed to pre newtown when 10+ might be the regular. Whether this is the supply or due to the higher ups is unknown.

Mosins are not any different than any of the other firearms and the quantities and frequency of their shipments have drastically been reduced.

Best bet is to hop on your local stores firearm waiting list, but be prepared to wait as some stores are still trying to service customers from December.

The rifle is not a proper sniper, every single one I have inspected has a repo scope on it.
you are 100 % right. but the scope and base are proper parts made on the org tooling in russia . not cheap crap metal repos like some.
Old 02-22-2013, 2:05 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhythm of Life View Post

the big 5 in Elcajon does carry m4/m16 style 22's all the time as well as the MP5 22's. they are a little pricey but they got em
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanimal View Post
I love you! (some Homo)
I am a Gay muslim sometimes.
we never had the problems in CA till the whiteys took over. We used to hunt, fish, roam, then they showed up and wanted to be civilized.............Ruined it for everyone!
Old 02-22-2013, 3:42 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcjr1125 View Post
the big 5 in Elcajon does carry m4/m16 style 22's all the time as well as the MP5 22's. they are a little pricey but they got em

Perhaps I was not clear, it is policy to not DISPLAY the rifles, they should be stored in gun lock-up and not shown unless specifically asked for by the customer.
“War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 – 1873)
Old 02-22-2013, 1:35 PM
Veteran Member

Where r u located?

It seems to vary from location-to-location.
(one might some, while others may not)
"The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke speech of 23 April 1770, "Thoughts on the Cause of the Present Discontents," delivered to the House of Commons.
Old 02-22-2013, 1:45 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisCA View Post
Where r u located?

It seems to vary from location-to-location.
(one might some, while others may not)
anaheim W chino hills H
Old 02-22-2013, 2:07 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

They are still selling them, people are snatching them up Like me. You fits to love them rifles. Chino store gets them regularly.

“Silence makes cowards out of the best of men” –Abraham Lincoln

🇺🇸 ⚔️ 🦅

Wounded Knee is the prime example of why the Second Amendment exists, and why we shouldn’t be in such a hurry to surrender our Right to Bear Arms.
Without the Second Amendment we have no way to defend ourselves and our families.
Old 02-22-2013, 4:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTABIKER View Post
if you work for BIG 5 and have a answer please chime in. last week i tried 3 BIG 5s and not a single MOSIN. a friend that works at the BREA store checked the warehouse and said ZERO. considering they always have MOSINS i doubt it is from a mad rush to buy MOSINS. Maybe they are pulling MOSINS from their stores also.
i live literally less then 5 minuts away from big 5 in brea off birch. do you think you friend could hook a someone with say a single brick of 22lr remington gold bullets?

ps they have not pulled a single item from the stores, they have been told by the uppers in the company to not display ar style rifles and god only knows what else. they still carry them but they will not bring them from the back room to even inspect them.
Old 02-22-2013, 5:02 PM
Veteran Member

I really wouldn't read too much into them not having Mosins, considering nobody has them right now. None of the major distributors list any, other than the PU Snipers. AIM got a few hex 91/30s in last week and they went fast, and Classic had ~900 M38s that sold out in about 2 days.
Old 02-22-2013, 8:10 PM
Veteran Member

You would be surprised on the rush on Mosins. My local gun shop had 17 Mosins left from a case they bought from their distributor as of a month ago. I bought 2, went back 2 weeks later with my paycheck and they were all gone. Haven't been able to get more since.
Old 02-23-2013, 5:34 AM
Calguns Addict

i bought about 10 mosins from big 5 and 1 from turners in the last year. problem is i sold or traded 8 of them . some i sold for monitary reasons, others i just did not fall in love with. i am down to my prize 1955 Romanian M-44 and a fake big 5 PU sniper. i feel naked. i for sure want a pre WW 2 91-30.
we all in our harts new the supply of big 5 109 dollar Mosins would dry up.just not this fast. it was fun while it lasted. finding a nice ex dragoon at a big 5 on sale was fun. i sure hope i can find another. i am tempted to go to a independent gun store and pay full boat for a FINN or pre war TULA. The 2 i have are good shooters and i doubt they will ever fail me in my life time but i need another for sure.