Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 11-15-2012, 8:29 PM

Pay attention now:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyatollahGondola View Post
I don't know the person at the center of this, and I'm not trying to help him personally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by postal View Post

He can do a lot more for this particular individual along with ALL OF OUR gun rights than you have probably done in your entire life.
Old 11-15-2012, 8:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by postal View Post
Not an attack, just saying you should research the person you're doubting....
I suddenly get the feeling I came into a bar and have insulted the fastest gun in town in the eyes of the local patrons.

I did take a peek at one portion of Mr Combs credentials. Having not found his name on the list of admitted attorneys in this state, I thought it was safe to assume he wasn't the counsel for the ..uh..victim...in this case.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll just finish my drink and walk backwards to my horse before I get surrounded and the fighting breaks out
Old 11-15-2012, 9:20 PM
Veteran Member

May not be the fastest (2 weeks joke lol), but he does more than his fair share of steam rollin. I don't think there's been any major thing said or done that's gonna get you ganged up on or anything. Majority of folks are like me! Part of the "trying to wrap my head around it" gang. I encourage differing points of view/contention in a professional and concise discourse. it allows me to see sides and angles I may not have seen myself. Unfortunately that is normally the case though. But I'm trying to get smarter lol.

Back to you regularly scheduled illegally seized weapon banter
Old 11-15-2012, 9:26 PM
I need a LIFE!!

First, I agree that there is no need for hostility.

Without the history and institutional knowledge of some of the people here many posts cannot be properly interpreted. I think that the context was missing, ergo the confusion.

Ayatollah, our efforts seem so be generally congruent with one significant difference: we do investigate, prepare, and fund strategic 2A and related litigation. (See, e.g., Farias).

You are correct that I am not an attorney; to paraphrase a reply from Gene in a similar vein, I just manage them.

I can see why you responded as you did, and I hope that my post wasn't taken to mean something other than what it was. We (by we, I mean CGF/SAF rep [me] and an attorney) are working with the subject of the incident and will update everyone as soon as we can.

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 11-15-2012, 9:49 PM
Calguns Addict

Brandon is pretty awesome and been that way for awhile now.. lol
Old 11-16-2012, 12:55 AM

Welcome to our community! You will find an impassioned people here who hold steadfast our importance of civil liberties pertaining to firearms.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:23 PM
Calguns Addict

I wonder, if the victim was an attorney, what would the officers reaction be. I'm pretty sure, 99% sure, the officer would have checked to see if the weapon was loaded then promptly say "Here is your weapon, enjoy your evening, sorry for the inconvenience". This, after going through all the ramifications in his head of seizing a legally held weapon in a public place from an attorney. Its the little fish, the small things that need protection. If it means a PD gets spanked a little, has to apologize, and gets better training and awareness out of the deal, its well worth it.

NRA Patron Member
CRPA 5 yr Member

"...which from their verbosity, their endless tautologies, their involutions of case within case, and parenthesis within parenthesis, and their multiplied efforts at certainty by saids and aforesaids, by ors and by ands, to make them more plain, do really render them more perplexed and incomprehensible, not only to common readers, but to lawyers themselves. " - Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-17-2012, 6:54 AM
Calguns Addict

Even knowing that what the PD did was most likely a violation, I do ask myself "what if", as in, what if this guy and his buddy did have some type of plan, we'll never know...even law abiding citizens have been known to "lose it" and then we get to hear the astonishing, unbelievable story on the news

What if this action did prevent a tragic incident, one we'll never know about, i mean, what better way to try and sift through a crowd, with a "prop" AR, some body armor and a great cover story i.e., being a SS agent or Halloween CIA agent, in full regalia, as a means to commit, what would become a very memorable and historic act of violence against an unknowing group, a large group, of people

Unbelievable? Probably...Unimaginable? Probably...Impossible? Not in the least, not in todays world

Won't excuse what they did, but, I have to wonder
Old 11-17-2012, 7:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBallgame View Post
Even knowing that what the PD did was most likely a violation, I do ask myself "what if", as in, what if this guy and his buddy did have some type of plan, we'll never know...even law abiding citizens have been known to "lose it" and then we get to hear the astonishing, unbelievable story on the news

What if this action did prevent a tragic incident, one we'll never know about, i mean, what better way to try and sift through a crowd, with a "prop" AR, some body armor and a great cover story i.e., being a SS agent or Halloween CIA agent, in full regalia, as a means to commit, what would become a very memorable and historic act of violence against an unknowing group, a large group, of people

Unbelievable? Probably...Unimaginable? Probably...Impossible? Not in the least, not in todays world

You should have your car confiscated. What if you decide to drive on the sidewalk and mow down a crowd of people?
Old 11-17-2012, 7:13 AM
Banned

Quote:

What if "...Every cop is a criminal, and all the sinners saints?"

What if...so begins every sordid imaginary scenario used to scare mommies into demanding nannies (i.e., NannyGovLaws) "for the childrens' sake."

Last edited by Justin Case; 11-17-2012 at 7:15 AM..
Old 11-17-2012, 9:44 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilro View Post
You should have your car confiscated. What if you decide to drive on the sidewalk and mow down a crowd of people?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
What if "...Every cop is a criminal, and all the sinners saints?"

What if...so begins every sordid imaginary scenario used to scare mommies into demanding nannies (i.e., NannyGovLaws) "for the childrens' sake."
exactly my point fellas, glad you responded the ways you did...this just better illuminates how just about anything we do can be scrutinized to the point of, either, we being detained, or, having our personal LEGAL property seized, and, then having to deal with the ready made excuse of..."Public Safety"...it just goes to show, that even during the course of our everyday lives, the things we do in a normal, nonchalant fashion, can be easily construed as something that could present a safety issue to someone else..."Public Safety, almost an indefensible word, how could you prove it wrong?

we have post which are condemning this guy, for having the nerve to dress as he did, act as he did, with the possessions that he carried, AND THAT IS ALL!!! leave it to the imagination...my illustration was mainly an attempt to flip the circumstances and make a bad guy out of the good guy and a good guy out of the bad guy...happens all the time in the courtroom

bottom line, if it ever gets there, a jury would be hung, mainly due to the fact that we have too many STUPID people, and they do end up as jurors, who can't understand a simple violation of a person rights...some people are blindly led by the belief that if the police take action against you, then, you MUST have done something wrong...except for the OJ trial, in which, by trying to send an exact OPPOSITE message, they let a murderer walk...go figure
Old 11-17-2012, 9:58 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
exactly my point fellas, glad you responded the ways you did...
Hmmm. I didn't detect any sarcasm in your first post, but ok.

I cannot think of one example of a shooting rampage that was prevented because the perpetrator was carrying a gun openly. People who are bent on mayhem and murder may be crazy, but not usually that stupid.

The Second Amendment is the one right that is so fundamental that the inability to exercise it, should the need arise, would render all other rights null and void. Dead people have no rights.
Magna est veritas et praevalebit
Old 11-17-2012, 5:57 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro Pistolero View Post
Hmmm. I didn't detect any sarcasm in your first post, but ok.

I cannot think of one example of a shooting rampage that was prevented because the perpetrator was carrying a gun openly. People who are bent on mayhem and murder may be crazy, but not usually that stupid.
you won't detect sarcasm in a courtroom either...all you'll be lead into believing is a heartfelt, sincere, honest reason why someone was just "doing their job"...you sell a story, and, you turn it into the most plausible, simple and understandable story imaginable
Old 11-17-2012, 6:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
you won't detect sarcasm in a courtroom either...all you'll be lead into believing is a heartfelt, sincere, honest reason why someone was just "doing their job"...you sell a story, and, you turn it into the most plausible, simple and understandable story imaginable
Well, your mastery is evident to us all.

May I humbly point out that this isn't a courtroom, and we aren't judges, juries, counsellors, etc.

While you are right that there is great utility in playing the Devil's Advocate, stating such in a forum such as this is usually good form.

Otherwise, you are just trollin'. And we see you rollin' ;-)
Old 11-17-2012, 8:51 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
Well, your mastery is evident to us all.

May I humbly point out that this isn't a courtroom, and we aren't judges, juries, counsellors, etc.

While you are right that there is great utility in playing the Devil's Advocate, stating such in a forum such as this is usually good form.

Otherwise, you are just trollin'. And we see you rollin' ;-)
Is that what this thread is about? Calling someone a troll just because they see things differently than you?
Old 11-17-2012, 8:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscraper View Post
Is that what this thread is about? Calling someone a troll just because they see things differently than you?
Geezus. Really. You should improve your reading comprehension before attempting to call someone out.

It was a joke (light-hearted quip, tongue-in-cheek - christ, the spelling out that has to take place here sometimes is tedious), genius.
Old 11-17-2012, 9:03 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyatollahGondola View Post
I suddenly get the feeling I came into a bar and have insulted the fastest gun in town in the eyes of the local patrons.

I did take a peek at one portion of Mr Combs credentials. Having not found his name on the list of admitted attorneys in this state, I thought it was safe to assume he wasn't the counsel for the ..uh..victim...in this case.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll just finish my drink and walk backwards to my horse before I get surrounded and the fighting breaks out

Brandon gets a bit zealous at times, but zeal for the cause of liberty is no vice, and he has dearly earned all the respect and deference given him.

Last edited by Meplat1; 11-17-2012 at 9:20 PM..