Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 06-30-2009, 1:50 PM

Smile Best range in the bay area to take classes for birthday party.

I have been to the range once and I loved it..I live in the bay area and wanted to go to a range with my friends for my birthday July 28, any one have any suggestions? Most of my friends have never shot before so we would need to take a safety class first I guess. Any thing would help,thankyou!
Old 06-30-2009, 2:26 PM

Jackson Arms in South San Francisco is very accomodating Call in advance they'll set you all up
Old 06-30-2009, 2:27 PM

Default ranges

try bulleyes in san rafael or jackson arms in so sf, if you want outdoors try
chabot in the oakland hills
Old 06-30-2009, 7:04 PM
Cat-in-a Box/NRA Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

make a day of it: drive down to Markley's in watsonville, then head to moss landing to Phi'ls for good fish eats.

mz
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D
Old 06-30-2009, 8:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin16 View Post
Jackson Arms in South San Francisco is very accomodating Call in advance they'll set you all up
+1 for Jackson Arms, good folks out there...although you might have to bring some ammo, I've seen them turn away some shooters from lack of.
Old 06-30-2009, 9:00 PM

Coyote Valley in Morgan Hill has a seemingly great intro package if you would like to shoot clays. http://www.coyoteclays.com/

--Matt
Old 07-01-2009, 3:04 AM
Veteran Member

Last year I took Bill & Cathy Tidwell's NRA first pistol class. Thought it was well worth it. Plus we got to shoot a whole bunch of pistols (semi-autos and revolvers) and apply for & receive the handgun safety card (so bring your checkbook!).

Sure, you could keep going to a bunch of (indoor) ranges and renting pistols there, or borrowing friend's pistols and rifles and shooting them for fun. But good initial training on proper handling and shooting of a firearm are essential. Bill & Cathy can provide that early foundation. And after you acquire your first (and maybe second) handgun, take a private firearms lesson as well.

This site shows where the shooting ranges are in the SF Bay Area. In the 925 area I've been to two outdoor ranges open to the public -- USI and Livermore. In the 510 area I've been to Chabot. In the 415 area I've been to Bullseye's indoor range. It also has a ladies' night on Wednesdays.

After you get your first handgun and maybe join one of the clubs involved with USI, I highly recommend taking a private lesson with Larry Glen at USI. Great guy, great teacher!

"Let those find fault whose wit's so very small,
They've need to show that they can think at all;
Errors, like straws, upon the surface flow;
He who would search for pearls, must dive below." -- John Dryden