Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Discussions of Faith
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2018, 4:24 PM

Default Hey guys

I’ve been down and out for some time now and I don’t know how to overcome my situation. I feel the worlds weight on my shoulders. My little girl is what I strive for but I don’t know how to make my life better for her. Currently I’m waiting to hear from a job I applied to on the Naval base in California. I feel this job will help but honestly I feel dead inside. By no means am I a coward and would do anything drastic etc etc. I know the lord has and does everything for a reason. Can anyone help? God bless and thank you for your time.

Juanwayne714
Old 10-07-2018, 4:41 PM

hey Juan, it's tough answering a post like this without knowing your story. Hopefully you have a friend there locally to hang out and talk with. in the immediate, you can check out some donaldbabbett threads for a laugh. you could also try to find a church service tonight even and meet some people, talk to the pastor, etc.
Old 10-07-2018, 5:38 PM

What kind of work are you looking for?
Old 10-08-2018, 4:58 AM
Veteran Member

Hey Juan,
I'm an Elder at a church in Orange. If you want to talk, PM me and I'll make some time for you.
Old 10-08-2018, 8:48 AM

Yep, you need to chat with somebody -- preferably face-to-face. There's much more to good communication than words.

If you're looking for spiritual guidance, talk with your pastor or one that you trust. If it's general life issues (work, family, etc.), find a good therapist. A good pastor/spiritual leader will refer you to a therapist when it's appropriate and a good therapist will refer you to a pastor when it's appropriate.
Old 10-08-2018, 8:50 AM
Calguns Addict

Get outside, lots of exercise and lots of sunshine.

And as others have said find someone to talk to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Americans vs. Democrats
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.

What doesn't kill me, better run
Old 10-09-2018, 1:29 PM
Veteran Member

Some folks will not care for this, but if you can find Joyce Meyer programs she encourages people with needs very good, and I AM NOT talking about money or the so called prosperity message. See if you can listen awhile. Health issues, the enemy messing with peoples minds etc.

Psalm 1
Old 10-09-2018, 3:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanwayne714 View Post
I’ve been down and out for some time now and I don’t know how to overcome my situation. I feel the worlds weight on my shoulders. My little girl is what I strive for but I don’t know how to make my life better for her. Currently I’m waiting to hear from a job I applied to on the Naval base in California. I feel this job will help but honestly I feel dead inside. By no means am I a coward and would do anything drastic etc etc. I know the lord has and does everything for a reason. Can anyone help? God bless and thank you for your time.

Juanwayne714
Praying for you! Depression ("been down") is real and one of the biggest effects is inactivity. You stop doing things, sit, feel worse, and the downward spiral continues.

You have to ignore your feelings and talk back to yourself. Your love for your girl should be used to talk yourself into spending your days out job hunting. Apply everywhere. You may not start with the job you want or the pay you want, but you'll be bringing in income, building your confidence and having a daily purpose - work to go to.

I'm a pastor and would love to talk to you about Jesus Christ and how He gives eternal purpose to our lives. But, He still expects us Christians to do exactly what I recommended above! The difference is that we do it for Him, and are rewarded with a much fuller joy and peace than others. PM me if you'd like to talk.

But, we need to get you moving! I wouldn't wait on one job. There are many job sites as well as Craigslist. My son got laid off from a high tech engineering job and found his current job there - and he's been there many years now! Please update us - especially about what you're doing to find a job to take care of that precious girl of yours!

God bless,

"Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason- I do not accept the authority of popes and councils [i.e. any man]- my conscience is captive to the Word of God." Martin Luther
Old 10-21-2018, 7:36 PM

Hello Juan,

I just came across this thread. It looks like it's been a couple weeks since your original post; how are things going? Any better?

I am not a pastor. Just a guy who has had a similar chapter in my life.

I hope you are feeling better. I am available if you need an ear. Just PM me.

Brian
Old 10-21-2018, 7:45 PM
Veteran Member

If you want to have a beer some time PM me. I'm in San Diego. Sometimes it's good just to have someone to talk with. Looks like you have some great pastors offering as well.

Last edited by etwinam; 10-21-2018 at 8:00 PM..