Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > California Precision Rifle Club
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Precision Rifle Club California Precision Rifle Club Forum

Old 10-19-2008, 5:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rksimple View Post
No, not because it was your first match, but from the nonsense you keep posting.

Seriously, you're not a very cool guy, are you? I bet people don't hang around you for very long. You're obviously very insecure, and kind of a turd. Good luck, you'll need it.

I have not posted any "nonsense". I've posted how I personally perceived the competition. Until now, I didn't call people names, or act in an ungentlemanly fashion. You can't say the same, Rk.

I can appreciate that things didn't go perfectly. I never denied that. But this is just ugly beyond what any perceived slight really justifies. I'm done.
Old 10-19-2008, 5:19 PM

SoundFX, I'd seriously step away from the computer for a while.
Old 10-19-2008, 5:23 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFX View Post
Seriously, you're not a very cool guy, are you? I bet people don't hang around you for very long. You're obviously very insecure, and kind of a turd. Good luck, you'll need it.

I have not posted any "nonsense". I've posted how I personally perceived the competition. Until now, I didn't call people names, or act in an ungentlemanly fashion. You can't say the same, Rk.

I can appreciate that things didn't go perfectly. I never denied that. But this is just ugly beyond what any perceived slight really justifies. I'm done.
I'm so uncool. Thats why I didn't even have a partner. Maybe its my personal hygiene issues.

The stuff that you posted is pretty ridiculous. From calling BS on Pete to telling Don to not post about what he doesn't know. You have no clue. Once you get a little experience you'll see that. I'm sorry that I implied you're stupid. Really. I don't like to call names but this pathetic excuse for a match has got me a little upset. If you want any info or help on upcoming matches hit us up. Seriously, sorry for directing anger your way.
Old 10-19-2008, 5:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novadesigns View Post
SoundFX, I'd seriously step away from the computer for a while.
SoundFX you need to listen to what these guys are saying bro.......They know what they are talking about. Its your first match.....you will see the light.. As far as the comments about RK....you need to chill out, he is cool and we all hang out with him, he doesnt complain about **** unless its gone all bad.....
Old 10-19-2008, 5:25 PM

As I posted on another thread-there are several people dealing with MDs all over the U.S. to try and put in line some standards of rules and match set ups so there will lessen these types of matches. On 10-1-08 I recieved an e-mail from Bruce stating several thing but one thing caught my attention: 4. Some people commented about the lack of prizes. Every long range competition that
I've been to gives a certificate. We are giving really nice coins to the top 6 shooters and
super t-shirts to all that register by the deadline. This is way more than a certificate.
This right here should have been an indication of how the match was going to be. I too have been to matches that cost over $100.00 to enter andhave come away with certificates, but they were for guns. There are also matches out there that give a non-prize certificate fot 1st place, but that match is only $15.00.
I hope that everone spreads the word so this doesnt happen again.
Old 10-19-2008, 5:27 PM
Veteran Member

FX...you were the one that drank the cool aid about 3 targets for 1000.00 about 15 post ago......

Ryan is a trigger puller...he competes in so cal, nor cal, and in vegas. Probably has a lil more knowledge than you do at this time...doesnt make him a better person. It just means he knows a lil more on the subject that you may.

+ I honestly can say I dont think Ive ever seen Ryan pissed off. It takes a lot for him to go balls out and post like this.

Matches have gone bad but Bruce has probably gone down in history as the best of the worst...

Please visit us @ www.ncpprc.com for more info.
Old 10-19-2008, 5:31 PM

SoundFX listen to Nova....you have no idea of what you speak!!!
Old 10-19-2008, 5:31 PM
Calguns Addict

Thanks for the kind words guys. Really, I don't get this upset ever. But this is beyond ripoff.
Old 10-19-2008, 5:35 PM

Ryan- since no one asked me what I think about you,
I think youre a dick....but then again so am I and we seek our own
Old 10-19-2008, 5:39 PM

Hahaha! Dick seekers!
Old 10-19-2008, 5:39 PM
Calguns Addict

Thanks Don! Likewise!

Man, I gotta get over this. It still just burns me up.
Old 10-19-2008, 5:40 PM
Veteran Member

Nice...

Please visit us @ www.ncpprc.com for more info.
Old 10-19-2008, 5:43 PM

Ryan it is probably a good thing that we didnt go together to this mess- Im not sure if you would be able to get out of trouble with your wife after you came home and told here how your partner shot the MDs truck jus to get his moneies worth out of the match,
Old 10-19-2008, 5:44 PM
Calguns Addict

Good call Don. That would be a tough explaination.
Old 10-19-2008, 5:46 PM

but it would have been fun
Old 10-19-2008, 5:47 PM

Don Augustine:
As I posted on another thread-there are several people dealing with MDs all over the U.S. to try and put in line some standards of rules and match set ups so there will lessen these types of matches.

As long as they are all not written by IPSC GAMER/ATTORNEY TYPE FOLKS.

Rules, Regs, Laws, they are all good until they are not followed or gamed or picked apart by kids dressed in adult clothing frustrated at home and trying to get their place in life at the range.

Where does this cynicism come from about rules? I was IPSC too, A-37855 one time long ago, never aspired to Grand Voodoo Master Dragon and lost allot of interest when I saw the gaming, pettiness (is that a word) sand bagging oh yeah allot of that etc.

So I just decided to go with hits as points at the SCPRC, no hits = no points, boring yes but it works. Harder targets had more point value, but over all hits count, misses don't. Did I mention simple. If people want to win based on a curve, who am I to argue.

I would rather run the SCPRC as is with improvements to be made on a continual basis to make it better for the shooter and in the end the community in general. Hits count, misses don't.

Besides as one shooter had stated, the philosophy of IPSC: "Accuracy by Volume", not the philosophy of the one shot game in my opinion.

All that said; I have no problem with a series of matches that are set aside that do have one set of rules for a national match system as a separate match, but then we come back to, who watches the store?

I think what your asking for Don is consistency if I read the tea leaves correctly, nothing wrong in that either. I want that too, even for matches I don't shoot or run.

Mark
Old 10-19-2008, 6:00 PM

Lack of consistency and complex rulebooks make it hard to know what to practice to be competitive, expensive to keep up with all the gadgets and weapons, and damn frustrating for people wanting to get into competition.
Old 10-19-2008, 6:13 PM
Calguns Addict

I'll put my reputation around here behind Ryan. He is a good guy and does know what he is talking about. The man competes in many matches around cali and in Vegas. He has held my hand threw my first match along with Pete.

I'd take his word on the subject of shooting above many others unless we are talking ARs then Randall is god. I've had the privilege of shooting with just about everyone except Vu and I can say that everyone in the group are good people and yes Ryan is pretty difficult to upset from what I gather.
Old 10-19-2008, 6:17 PM
Calguns Addict

Thanks Nayt. I appreciate it.

When are we going to see you up here for an APS match? I guess we could roll down for a LR match at Pendleton too. Its been a long time man.
Old 10-19-2008, 6:20 PM
Veteran Member

Remember guys.. we want to keep this thread on record so don't break the house rules too much.

This was a pretty crappy deal to the shooters and the community. The classes themselves sound like they are on par with this match with marginally more preparation. What a joke..

As advice to a certain noob.. it's better to keep your mouth shut and let people THINK you're stupid than opening your mouth and letting people KNOW you're stupid.
Old 10-19-2008, 6:23 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Thanks Nayt. I appreciate it.

When are we going to see you up here for an APS match? I guess we could roll down for a LR match at Pendleton too. Its been a long time man.
When I get some time to take off. I work saturdays now. I doubt Timberwolf will move the matches to Sunday just for me I haven't been able to shoot any matches since I got my new job.
Old 10-19-2008, 7:22 PM

Quote:
I'm so uncool. Thats why I didn't even have a partner. Maybe its my personal hygiene issues.

The stuff that you posted is pretty ridiculous. From calling BS on Pete to telling Don to not post about what he doesn't know. You have no clue. Once you get a little experience you'll see that. I'm sorry that I implied you're stupid. Really. I don't like to call names but this pathetic excuse for a match has got me a little upset. If you want any info or help on upcoming matches hit us up. Seriously, sorry for directing anger your way.
Apology accepted.
Old 10-19-2008, 7:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
Remember guys.. we want to keep this thread on record so don't break the house rules too much.

This was a pretty crappy deal to the shooters and the community. The classes themselves sound like they are on par with this match with marginally more preparation. What a joke..

As advice to a certain noob.. it's better to keep your mouth shut and let people THINK you're stupid than opening your mouth and letting people KNOW you're stupid.
Thanks for stirring it, man. Of course, your advice has been known to boomerang around and smack the issuer in the face. I'm VERY open to advice, and would like to shoot with you guys again to see what you're talking about. But, at least keep it respectful. I will.

Last edited by SoundFX; 10-19-2008 at 7:27 PM..
Old 10-19-2008, 8:57 PM

Yes Mark that is all I could hope for, that the rules, no matter what they are, are somewhat the same. All of this came about from a match recently in Oregon. It makes it hard to get ready for a match not knowing what is in store or how the match will be run. Accuracy by volume is for brazilian open pistols and we know the tragic end to that tale. I think it would be good to have a Tactical/Prescision Rifle Organization to help with some basic guidlines.
Old 10-19-2008, 9:40 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
What doesn't really entice me, is the idea of bench rest competition with guys that want caterers bringing glasses of lemonade.
Don't go to Nor-Cal then.
They shoot on a manicured country club complete with shade over the firing points, golf carts and cabana boys to load mags and pick-up your brass when you are done.

AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
Barrel, sight and trigger work on most pistols and shotguns.
Most work performed while-you-wait, evening and saturday appointments available.
Old 10-19-2008, 9:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
Don't go to Nor-Cal then.
They shoot on a manicured country club complete with shade over the firing points, golf carts and cabana boys to load mags and pick-up your brass when you are done.
Seriously? That sounds kinda pricey.
Old 10-19-2008, 9:42 PM

I could sure use a brass boy!
Calguns Addict

And I love that range......... I can only wish it wasnt so far away!

I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
VI'm actually really upset that people are so angry. I didn't know that this much unhappiness was under the surface. There was one guy who didn't want to be part of the group photo, he seemed really put out. But everyone else (at least from what little I saw) didn't appear very vocal in their dissatisfaction at the time.
That one guy is me.
I won't put my face in a photo that's potentially going to be used to promote another match like that in the future.
I just won't aide such advertising.

Most work performed while-you-wait, evening and saturday appointments available.
Old 10-19-2008, 9:47 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I'm VERY open to advice
Stop posting, start reading. No disrespect intended, but you need to get up to speed before you start in with some of the things you've already posted. Check here, snipershide, 6mmbr, etc. Read. Soak it up.
Old 10-19-2008, 9:49 PM

Quote:
Stop posting, start reading. No disrespect intended, but you need to get up to speed before you start in with some of the things you've already posted. Check here, snipershide, 6mmbr, etc. Read. Soak it up.
Fair enough. I've been a lurker at SH for quite a while. Not familiar with 6mmbr, but I'll check it out. Thanks.
Old 10-19-2008, 9:52 PM

Quote:
VI'm actually really upset that people are so angry. I didn't know that this much unhappiness was under the surface. There was one guy who didn't want to be part of the group photo, he seemed really put out. But everyone else (at least from what little I saw) didn't appear very vocal in their dissatisfaction at the time.
Being so spread out I'm not too surprised you missed it, but there were at least 10 people standing around the cars after the match wrapped up talking about what a joke it all was. And 5 of us nearly walked out about halfway through... you sure would've noticed that! We didn't want to ruin it for every one else so we stuck it out.
Old 10-19-2008, 9:54 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Seriously, you're not a very cool guy, are you?
I bet people don't hang around you for very long.
You're obviously very insecure, and kind of a turd.
Good luck, you'll need it.
Dude.
DUDE.

You nothing of what you speak.

Old 10-19-2008, 9:55 PM

Quote:
Being so spread out I'm not too surprised you missed it, but there were at least 10 people standing around the cars after the match wrapped up talking about what a joke it all was. And 5 of us nearly walked out about halfway through... you sure would've noticed that! We didn't want to ruin it for every one else so we stuck it out.
Well, thanks for doing that. Yes, it would really have sucked if people just got up and left. We were at the end, so I guess ignorance really is bliss.
Old 10-19-2008, 9:56 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Hahaha! Dick seekers!
I don't seek dicks.
IPSC shooters are ok in my book though.

Old 10-19-2008, 9:58 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Fair enough. I've been a lurker at SH for quite a while. Not familiar with 6mmbr, but I'll check it out. Thanks.
For your own health and well being I wouldnt post like this on the hide.............

Old 10-19-2008, 10:02 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I could sure use a brass boy!
At the price of Lapua brass, it would be a wise investment...
That's why I shoot free federal GMM brass.

Old 10-19-2008, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
At the price of Lapua brass, it would be a wise investment...
That's why I shoot free federal GMM brass.
Actually, I have to say considering where we were and that we were shooting on a slope, I didn't lose a single piece of that 24-karat gold Lapua brass!
Old 10-19-2008, 10:35 PM
Calguns Addict

Allrighty randall check your Pms.

Old 10-19-2008, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
For your own health and well being I wouldnt post like this on the hide.............
Yeah, I don't want to be a swinging steel plate over there.

Sorry for the rough start guys. I just got upset when I saw the post that insinuated my shooting partner and I didn't earn our place at the competition, as if it was handed to us. It may not be much to you because you guys shoot matches all the time, but we worked really hard and were really happy to see some of that pay off. Hopefully that's understandable.