Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 07-18-2018, 1:26 PM
Vtd Most Likely to Secede
CGN Contributor

Location: Ventura County, Caught Between My Woman And My Pistol And My Chips
Default CRPA Firing Line: DOJ Chief Placed On Administrative Leave...

In the July/August issue of CRPA Firing Line, by CD Michel:

Quote:
On Thursday, April 19, California's Senate Budget Subcommittee held a public hearing that included a discussion on the Cal DOJ's grossly mismanaged Armed & Prohibited Persons System (APPS). Having appropriated $24 million in taxes collected from California gun owners in 2013 for the APPS program, and an additional $4.7 million since then, CA DOJ has utterly failed to reduce the current backlog of individuals listed in APPS.
He goes on to say

Quote:
APPS cases being processed per year has dropped from over 2,100 in 2012 to just over 400 in 2017. Yet somehow, the number of CA DOJ agents assigned to APPS during that same period has nearly tripled in size.
and

Quote:
Shortly after the hearing CA DOJ's Bureau of Firearms Chief Stephen Lindley was placed on administrative leave.
Video of the hearing here: https://www.senate.ca.gov/media/senate-budget-subcommittee-5-20180419/video Starts @ ~ 1 hour 1 minute

Suprised we haven't discussed this, happened in April. Lindley always came off as an arrogant gun grabbing douche to me. Hope he gets chitcanned permanently.

We should do all the promotion we can to show how sloppy and incompetent these goons at DOJ are.

--------------------------
ETA: Uploaded an edited (for time) version of the hearing.

https://youtu.be/DPCVc5lHSAM

Last edited by readysetgo; 07-19-2018 at 12:59 PM..
Old 07-18-2018, 1:31 PM

😳 😳 😳
Old 07-18-2018, 1:41 PM

Huh, they kept getting more and more money out of OUR wallets (and not the general fund) and did less and less work....imagine that. Now true, a big part of the problem is the antiquated registration system that does not update when firearms are transferred, thus requiring an independent investigation for every prohibited person to see if that person possesses firearms, but still. What this fiasco proves is that gun registration is an absolute farce--and y et the state wants to have an actual computerized "registration" system for every round of ammunition purchased? Give me a break! As I recall, the DOJ has already borrowed $150,000,000 against future ammo permits fees just to build the system and train its operators. Given the last computer fiasco with the BB registration, I am sure they will manage to screw that up too. Not that I am complaining about failed computer systems that cannot do what they are supposedly designed to do, but I do mind about the cost, since it is only gunnies that have to pay for it. What a horrific waste!
Old 07-18-2018, 1:52 PM
Front Toward Enemy 🔫
CGN Contributor

https://www.senate.ca.gov/media/sena...ee-5-20180419/

"Texans always move them!"
General Robert E. Lee, May 6, 1864 - Battle of the Wilderness
Old 07-18-2018, 2:08 PM

Watched the video. Not surprising but disheartening... because if a criminal known to have a gun commits a crime is law abiding people are held responsible

NRA Benefactor
CRPA Life Member
Old 07-18-2018, 4:05 PM

And in the end, they will just say: "its too hard to keep guns away from prohibited people so then no one should have them".
and "If even one life is saved, its worth it".
Old 07-18-2018, 5:15 PM
I need a LIFE!!

gotta feed the bureaucracy.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 07-19-2018, 7:02 AM
Veteran Member

Youd think if he was committed to The Cause hed do, like, the bare minimum to not get fired? Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
So suck it HK, If I wanted an $800 pistol with a crap trigger I would just go buy 2 Glocks.
Old 07-19-2018, 7:20 AM
Calguns Addict

Maybe if they stop wasting their time micromanaging and prosecuting law abiding gun owners for AW reg screw ups and instead actually go after felons, they wouldn't so badly mismanage the money they stole from those funds that they weren't entitled to in the first place.

American Marksman Training Group, LLC
Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page
Diamond Bar CCW Facebook Page

Discounted NRA Membership Sign Up
Old 07-19-2018, 7:23 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

APPS money went to overtime? Coffee and donuts?

It's just taxpayer money. Who needs to be accountable?
Old 07-19-2018, 7:53 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Everytime I see this thread it pisses me off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by readysetgo View Post
In the July/August issue of CRPA Firing Line, by CD Michel:

On Thursday, April 19, California's Senate Budget Subcommittee held a public hearing that included a discussion on the Cal DOJ's grossly mismanaged Armed & Prohibited Persons System (APPS). Having appropriated $24 million in taxes collected from California gun owners in 2013 for the APPS program, and an additional $4.7 million since then, CA DOJ has utterly failed to reduce the current backlog of individuals listed in APPS.

APPS cases being processed per year has dropped from over 2,100 in 2012 to just over 400 in 2017. Yet somehow, the number of CA DOJ agents assigned to APPS during that same period has nearly tripled in size.
Old 07-19-2018, 8:13 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboChrisB View Post
Everytime I see this thread it pisses me off.
Sorry, not sorry? It really is a colossal blunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggieBoy View Post
APPS money went to overtime? Coffee and donuts?

It's just taxpayer money. Who needs to be accountable?
Pretty much and we've argued that many times when DOJ BOF is begging for more dolla's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chead View Post
Youd think if he was committed to The Cause hed do, like, the bare minimum to not get fired? Oh well.
This almost makes me feel bad for the dude. On one hand, this whole scheme was mainly driven as a big political grandstand. It wasn't really meant to be "effective" IMO.
Old 07-19-2018, 8:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
gotta feed the bureaucracy.
I thought the expected bureaucratic move is to promote him, not place him on leave?
Old 07-19-2018, 8:53 AM
Calguns Addict

Be careful what you hope for. The next chief may be 10 times worse. You know damn well the leftists in charge will try to appoint someone more rabid and corrupt than the last guy.

I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue! - Senator Barry Goldwater
Old 07-19-2018, 9:05 AM
CGN Contributor

Some background for those catching up.

SB-140 Firearms: prohibited persons.(2013-2014) Calguns Thread

Another cash grab tax attempt disguised as a fee (this one failed IIRC): SB 580 - $15 Million raid of fees paid by gun owners, to fund APPS confiscation / DOJ

Lawsuits. Fed: Bauer v. Harris (DROS Fees) - Appeal to 9th, 7/20/15 - LOSS June 1 2017

State: Gentry v. Harris - CGSSA and NRA lawsuit Challenging DOJ Raid of DROS Fees We got a partial win in that case: RULING IN NRA/CRPA LAWSUIT REIGNS IN DOJ’S MISUSE OF DROS FEES

Similar to this hearing, several audits have exposed failure: Kamala Harris seeks funding increase to pursue illegal gun owners

Interesting to note, Anderson seems very interested in this hearing and there is a clear reason for that IMO...he and other conservatives screwed the pooch on SB-140 back in '13.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:14 AM

This reminds me of the Soviet repressions of the 1930s. Comrade Commissar - you only show 2000 arrests for the Belarus Republic. You did not meet your quota. Improve this, or wind up in the GULAG yourself.
Old 07-19-2018, 11:01 AM
Veteran Member

Paid administrative leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-2018, 12:18 PM
I'm with stupid ☝️
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

This is really interesting... it might explain why suddenly, around mid-april, we completely stopped hearing new reports of DOJ visiting people who registered BBRAWs.

If DOJ visits you regarding your RAW application: Avoid opening your door if they don't have a warrant. Don't consent to a search. Don't "talk your way out of it". Assert your right to remain silent until you have a lawyer present.

2018 CA Legislation Quick-Reference & Statuses

Old 07-19-2018, 12:21 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockedandglocked View Post
This is really interesting... it might explain why suddenly, around mid-april, we completely stopped hearing new reports of DOJ visiting people who registered BBRAWs.
Maybe, good point. "Back to APPS goons!" or "AW Registrars? Ain't nobody got time fo dat!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1dude View Post
Be careful what you hope for. The next chief may be 10 times worse. You know damn well the leftists in charge will try to appoint someone more rabid and corrupt than the last guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Gunner View Post
Paid administrative leave.
Good points.