Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 07-29-2013, 6:52 PM
CGSSA Associate

Thumbs up Great experience at Pasadena Turners

Hey gu... err... girls (sorry force of habit!!). First, forgive me (a male) for posting in this, the Ladies' Forum, but my wife does not have a CGN account and she knows I am on here often. I just wanted to share a really great experience we had at the Pasadena Turner's.

As some on here may know, my wife and I are both physicians. Recently, she had a REALLY bad situation with a drug-seeking patient who became violent. I had previously bought her a Ruger LC9 Lasermax (I know... that's what I get for buying her a gun without her trying it...) and she's not a big fan and it sits in the safe at home (anyone interested in an LC9 Lasermax? haha). She has now, with much trepidation, decided to pursue her CCW (we live in a county where it is possible).

We were in Pasadena on a date-day since we both had the day off and since we were driving by, we swung by Turner's for her to hold some guns and see which slides she would be able to manipulate relatively easily and which pointed well and felt right in her hand. There were two female sales reps there but one in particular named Jennifer talked with us... well, with my wife really... and went through pretty much every handgun they had on display along with carry options. Furthermore, she sensed that my wife was having insecurity about the idea of actually carrying a gun for self-protection (don't worry about that... I'm not posting here for the "if she doesn't have the combat state of mind, don't carry" posts... we will work on her state of mind and she will not carry until SHE decides she is ready to), and spent a good hour discussing pros and cons along with giving her, in my opinion, a MUCH-needed female perspective on gun ownership, carrying, and personal-defense...

So all of the above was a really long way of saying +1 for Jennifer (Jen) at Pasadena Turner's and I hope that more women get into the business and into the hobby.
Old 07-30-2013, 9:53 AM
CGSSA Associate

Great recommendation. Thanks for sharing Field time store in OC also has a great staff.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:16 AM
Veteran Member

The staff at the Pasadena store has always been great. I've dealt with Jennnifer several times and has always received great service from her.

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you." - Randy Paush, Carnegie Mellon University
Old 08-02-2013, 11:58 AM

what are you talking about ? .... turners in Pasadena is terrible... but whatever