Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 01-19-2018, 11:42 AM
Handgun fanboy
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTROKS View Post
I like my beer the same way as my handgun rounds!

Hey if it was cold I'd drink a King Cobra, Mickey's, or Steel Reserve.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:19 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crufflers View Post
Hey if it was cold I'd drink a King Cobra, Mickey's, or Steel Reserve.
In reality I’d pick Mickey’s before Magnum.
Just beware of the thorns...
K. Meine
Old 01-19-2018, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
You know you and your methods are the biggest factor to your accuracy or innacuracies....it’s not the pistol most of the time it’s the users abilities or lack there of. Keep practicing and training with anything and you will continue to improve. Just tossing that out there
Exactly. Most of these retards confuse the gun’s accuracy with the shooter’s ability to shoot that particular gun accurately.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:43 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor McRifle View Post
And Bud Light outsells just about every IPA out there . . . but given the choice, which would you rather drink?
Depends on the situation. I appreciate freshly poured Bud Light in an ice cold mug on a hot summer day just as much as a fine 3XIPA. Again, apples to oranges, man. Keyword here is APPRECIATE, a lot of people confuse this with being a fanboy. Its is possible to like two or more things AT THE SAME TIME. Life isnt black and white.
Disclaimer: The OPINIONS expressed herein are my own personal opinions and are NOT legal advice. Please remember I am just some random guy on the internet so don't get your panties twisted if you dont agree with me.

Last edited by lightcav; 01-19-2018 at 12:52 PM..
Old 01-19-2018, 12:44 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeez View Post
Exactly. Most of these retards confuse the gun’s accuracy with the shooter’s ability to shoot that particular gun accurately.
Just have to shoot that particular gun accurately enough to win competitions.
Old 01-19-2018, 1:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeez View Post
Totally right. They NEED to watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVzSAm5VhfE
Old 01-19-2018, 2:21 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightcav View Post
Depends on the situation. I appreciate freshly poured Bud Light in an ice cold mug on a hot summer day just as much as a fine 3XIPA. Again, apples to oranges, man. Keyword here is APPRECIATE, a lot of people confuse this with being a fanboy. Its is possible to like two or more things AT THE SAME TIME. Life isnt black and white.
What would make you a fanboy is if you started talking about how well a Bud Light goes down on a hot day while responding to a thread that lists sales of different types of IPA at the largest IPA trade show in the country.
Old 01-19-2018, 2:41 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVC View Post
What would make you a fanboy is if you started talking about how well a Bud Light goes down on a hot day while responding to a thread that lists sales of different types of IPA at the largest IPA trade show in the country.
Dude, dont even start. Time to move on.
Disclaimer: The OPINIONS expressed herein are my own personal opinions and are NOT legal advice. Please remember I am just some random guy on the internet so don't get your panties twisted if you dont agree with me.
Old 01-20-2018, 7:48 PM

Glock will never fall to far with all the fanboys chugging the Perfection Kool Aid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-20-2018, 7:59 PM
Handgun fanboy
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cire raeb View Post
Glock will never fall to far with all the fanboys chugging the Perfection Kool Aid.

True dat
Old 01-20-2018, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackcage View Post
What the he'll happened to this thread? Anyone following the shooting sports and the reports each year knows that in Production, glocks are on the decline, CZ on the rise.

Why did this thread get cluttered up with a bunch of crap not at all related to competition? Oh, I see... it's because it's in the handguns subforum
This thread was designed to illicit negative responses so that is exactly what happens.
Old 01-21-2018, 7:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo2112 View Post
Totally right. They NEED to watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVzSAm5VhfE

And that pretty much sums up the accuracy issue. So really, it’s an ergonomic preference. Everyone may have a different set of ergonomic-based abilities.
Old 01-21-2018, 9:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortround1 View Post
This thread was designed to illicit negative responses so that is exactly what happens.
Maybe maybe not. But the responses immediately following the OP were busy stirring the Hater-Aid again. It's predictable. Even the most innocent thread about Glocks will draw in the trolls and this is why in every Glock thread tensions immediately rise and people get testy.
Old 01-21-2018, 2:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianS View Post
Maybe maybe not. But the responses immediately following the OP were busy stirring the Hater-Aid again. It's predictable. Even the most innocent thread about Glocks will draw in the trolls and this is why in every Glock thread tensions immediately rise and people get testy.

It is probably payback to all the “Perfection” fanboys who jumped into other forums ranting about how Glock is “Perfect “ and how everyone should only shoot Glocks.

Glock is not on the decline as it supported by its fanboys, Polymer 80 enthusiasts, and the company does good job marketing via GSSF and to LEO/Mil groups.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2018, 5:02 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Glock is not on the decline as it supported by its fanboys, Polymer 80 enthusiasts, and the company does good job marketing via GSSF and to LEO/Mil groups...
But, it is on the decline in the competition circuit, at least once one is serious about the sport.
Old 01-21-2018, 6:27 PM

Quote:
It is probably payback to all the “Perfection” fanboys who jumped into other forums ranting about how Glock is “Perfect “ and how everyone should only shoot Glocks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Is it really as prevalent as these people claim? I don't think so. You have those few outliers who are truly Glock or Nothing but it's usually the haters frothing at the mouth pooping on any and all Glock threads. And payback for what? Hurt feelings?! You can't be serious.

Last edited by ianS; 01-21-2018 at 6:30 PM..
Old 01-21-2018, 7:13 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Is it really as prevalent as these people claim? I don't think so. You have those few outliers who are truly Glock or Nothing but it's usually the haters frothing at the mouth pooping on any and all Glock threads. And payback for what? Hurt feelings?! You can't be serious.
Payback for not being able to shoot a Glock well when it isnt very hard. That is unless you have really soft weak baby hands that hurt from the "grip angle". Haha.
Old 01-21-2018, 7:23 PM
Handgun fanboy
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Some simply love to froth. Any excuse to froth. These people have a lot of feelings. I’m sure Glocks aren’t the only thing that pisses them off for no apparent reason.
Old 01-21-2018, 8:35 PM

Maybe, just maybe, the problem is that some people, including the people at Glock, refuse to accept the reality that their competitors are passing them by.

I bought my first Glock in the 1980s - a Gen 2 G19. I saw the value to having 15 rounds versus 6 or 8 in a self defense situation. That was the primary selling point to me. That and it was cheap.

Others didn't see things that way. Back then there were TRULY Glock haters. Let's face it, the Glock is ugly, clunky and ergonomically challenged. I prefer shooting just about any gun to shooting a Glock. But, I still own more Glocks than any other brand of handgun.

There are parts of the Glock that are not ideal. The fact that you can't shoot lead bullets from a Glock is its second least attractive feature. I shoot a lot and lead is a LOT cheaper than jackets bullets. The least attractive feature is the trigger.

I've shot enough competitions to know that the heart and sole of any firearm is its trigger. It's not the weight of the Tanfos and CZs that is causing them to dominate the shooting sports, its their triggers. In one of the recently posted video, a Glock shooter talks about how he manipulates the trigger. If I'm shooting fast, the last thing I want to think about is the trigger. Front sight yea. Correct trigger pull - no way. I don't have the time or energy to concentrate on squeezing the trigger. I just want it to go bang when I ask it to go bang. No drama.

There are plenty of aftermarket Glock triggers that can achieve this result for a competition gun. Some do a pretty good job as a duty set up. For example, the Agency trigger bar is leaps and bounds better than the standard Glock trigger, but doesn't change any of the stock springs or effect its safety.

So, in 30 odd years, there have been plenty of aftermarket solutions to Glock's major flaws. Glock could have put them all out of business with the Gen 5. All it had to do was fix the barrel and trigger.

So imagine my disappointment, as a Glock owner that has watched Glock produce the same olde **** for the last 30 odd years, screw the pooch with the Gen 5. It introduced a new and improved barrel that still can't shoot lead bullets, and the trigger still sucks *** - the worst iteration to date IMO.

When you p*** down the backs of your loyal customers, you shouldn't be surprised that they leave you to get out of the yellow "rain."
Old 01-21-2018, 9:01 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Quote:
Payback for not being able to shoot a Glock well when it isnt very hard. That is unless you have really soft weak baby hands that hurt from the "grip angle". Haha.
Quote:
Some simply love to froth. Any excuse to froth. These people have a lot of feelings. I’m sure Glocks aren’t the only thing that pisses them off for no apparent reason.
All you guys have to do is start winning more competitions with your Glocks so that everyone else competing wants to use a Glock, then this thread wouldn't exist.
Old 01-21-2018, 9:04 PM
Front Toward Enemy 🔫
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB 1 View Post
All you guys have to do is start winning more competitions with your Glocks so that everyone else competing wants to use a Glock, then this thread wouldn't exist.
Hmmmm, which competition matters more:
  1. competition against a piece of paper.
  2. competition against actual bad guys shooting back at you.

It seems Glock has already secured a dominant position in competition #2. Far and away, they have won the only competition that really matters.

"Texans always move them!"
General Robert E. Lee, May 6, 1864 - Battle of the Wilderness

Last edited by SkyHawk; 01-21-2018 at 9:08 PM..
Old 01-21-2018, 9:07 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHawk View Post
Hmmmm, which competition matters more:
  1. competition against a piece of paper.
  2. competition against actual bad guys shooting back at you.

It seems Glock has already secured a dominant position in competition #2. Far and away.
Which competition is this thread about 1 or 2?
Old 01-21-2018, 9:09 PM
Front Toward Enemy 🔫
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Which competition is this thread about 1 or 2?
Hey, I'm just going by the clickbait thread title. Which one really matters - Which one keeps a good guy breathing, compared to the one that wins a plastic trophy?

As soon as OP changes the title to 'falling further behind in irrelevant weekend warrior paper punch games'... well then you got me.

Meanwhile, in Indian Country....

"Texans always move them!"
General Robert E. Lee, May 6, 1864 - Battle of the Wilderness

Last edited by SkyHawk; 01-21-2018 at 9:15 PM..
Old 01-21-2018, 9:12 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Which one really matters? Which one keeps a guy breathing, compared to the one that wins a plastic trophy?
I pretty sure if it shoots good enough to win a plastic trophy, it shoots good enough to keep you breathing.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:19 PM

Quote:
There is this myth that people keep perpetuating and that is Glock is being passed by. Or that the Beretta M9 is being passed by. Or that the 1911 is being passed by. It isn't so. Guns aren't like the latest smart phone or tablet. You have an individual dialed in with his machine of choice and I'll say he lacks nothing. Oh, there is the latest fashion. The latest hip gun to get on board with. Sure.

And enough competitions have been won with Glocks for decades and people continue to use these "cheap guns". Not bad for the "Honda Civic" of handguns running with the BMW's Porsches and Mclarens of the pistol world. (An absurd analogy that only a tactical yuppie would obsess over) I'd say that says more about the competition than it says about Glock that it took them this long. I mean a gun so embarrassingly mediocre as some claim have dominated competition this long? Did all these fools get free Glocks too and they finally wised up? The contortions people do in order to make the story come out their way

Last edited by ianS; 01-21-2018 at 10:25 PM..
Old 01-22-2018, 5:04 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
There is this myth that people keep perpetuating and that is Glock is being passed by. Or that the Beretta M9 is being passed by. Or that the 1911 is being passed by. It isn't so. Guns aren't like the latest smart phone or tablet. You have an individual dialed in with his machine of choice and I'll say he lacks nothing. Oh, there is the latest fashion. The latest hip gun to get on board with. Sure.
True, but there is data to suggest that Glocks are falling further behind in competition use.

Latest Production division survey from USPSA Iron Sight Nations in 2017:

1) 37% CZ
2) 21% Tanfoglio
3) 12% Glock
4) 9% Sig Sauer
5) 6% Springfield
6) 6% Walther

A year earlier Glock was at 25% (http://www.multibriefs.com/briefs/us...production.pdf) and Walther was not even on the map.

Maybe someone should start a thread about it.

Old 01-22-2018, 7:58 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor McRifle View Post
True, but there is data to suggest that Glocks are falling further behind in competition use.

Latest Production division survey from USPSA Iron Sight Nations in 2017:

1) 37% CZ
2) 21% Tanfoglio
3) 12% Glock
4) 9% Sig Sauer
5) 6% Springfield
6) 6% Walther

A year earlier Glock was at 25% (http://www.multibriefs.com/briefs/us...production.pdf) and Walther was not even on the map.

Maybe someone should start a thread about it.
That's due to "production" .
If Glock made a factory race gun it would reflect in popularity.
CZ/TZ make race guns that fit into gamer boxes and rule books.
Old 01-22-2018, 8:27 AM

I think Glock is doing pretty good, almost all my coworkers carry Glock as their sidearm. I think Glock focus more on LEO, security, and Fed than competition market. I do like factory Glock trigger for my carry because I do not have want something lighter than that during stressful event.

True, I am sure if I have little lighter trigger I can shoot little better during range time, but range time is lot different than real life situation.
Old 01-22-2018, 8:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanks View Post
But, it is on the decline in the competition circuit, at least once one is serious about the sport.

With no significant innovation in the pipeline, Glock need to do a better job marketing and sponsoring competitions. GSSF alone is not enough as it is very entry level.

Old 01-22-2018, 8:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFTII View Post
The fact that you can't shoot lead bullets from a Glock is its second least attractive feature.

[SNIP]

screw the pooch with the Gen 5. It introduced a new and improved barrel that still can't shoot lead bullets.
You can shoot all the lead bullets you want through a polygonal barrel. Glock isn't the only manufacturer who used poly barrels, yet they're the only one you really head about saying no lead. It's BS. Clean you gun once in a blue moon and lead is fine in Glocks. Even better if it's coated lead.
Old 01-22-2018, 8:44 AM
Handgun fanboy
CGN Contributor

I'm interpreting it like this.

1) 58% CZ
2) 33% Glock

I must be a fan boy
Old 01-22-2018, 9:20 AM
Calguns Addict

I carry most of my adult life and travel the world. Glocks are NOT falling behind with people who actually CARRY handguns. Glock in 9mm seems to be a pistol of choice in most countries I travel to. I carry a Glock 9mm for 25+ years now. Gen2,3,4,5. G43,26,19,17,34. Magazine capacity, parts availabily, easy to service , reliable, accurate (especially Gen5),light. Glock 9mm is hard to beat.
Old 01-22-2018, 9:29 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawndog View Post
A factory race gun would not make it into the "Production" division by definition. Both CZ/TZ also make race guns (not that popular though).
Old 01-22-2018, 9:37 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3572001 View Post
I carry most of my adult life and travel the world. Glocks are NOT falling behind with people who actually CARRY handguns...
Did anyone dispute what you said? The statistics were from competition shooters that value shooting fast and accurately more than other features of handguns.

One could also say .556/.223 rifles are the most prevalent rifles in use in the Western world. I would not take one on an elephant hunt though. Horses for the courses.
Old 01-22-2018, 9:46 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3572001 View Post
I carry most of my adult life and travel the world. Glocks are NOT falling behind with people who actually CARRY handguns. Glock in 9mm seems to be a pistol of choice in most countries I travel to. I carry a Glock 9mm for 25+ years now. Gen2,3,4,5. G43,26,19,17,34. Magazine capacity, parts availabily, easy to service , reliable, accurate (especially Gen5),light. Glock 9mm is hard to beat.
You missed the ops point...in competition use only
CGN CONTRIBUTOR
Old 01-22-2018, 10:56 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
You missed the ops point...in competition use only
Lol. I see. I did miss it.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:37 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
It seems Glock has already secured a dominant position in competition #2. Far and away, they have won the only competition that really matters.
So has AK-47, yet western militaries don't use them.

You can't measure performance by doing a popularity contest. At least you shouldn't.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:40 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
You have it backwards. It was the Glock defenders who jumped in on a competition thread to show their feelings and be all pissed off about "real life."
Old 01-22-2018, 11:40 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Dude, dont even start. Time to move on.
Like, totally dude.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawndog View Post
Sorry, but isn't the G34 their competition oriented pistol? I think they did this already, just not very well.