Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Old 04-24-2013, 6:54 AM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdZero916 View Post
Stupid question because im ignorant...So the forms im filling out .. the frms that record the serial numbers on guns...on my strippedlowers and ruger 10/22 didnt register them with doj?
nope, because the forms that you filled out that had the serial number of the long gun were not CADOJ forms, but were federal forms. those forms are not sent to CADOJ. therefore those serial numbers weren't sent to CADOJ and they weren't registered with CADOJ.

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 04-24-2013, 6:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharxbyte View Post
Theoretically, those forms will never be seen by a Gov't agency, exceot to ensure that your records are clean, then they throw them away, and the DROS stays with the dealer. In practice, this doesn't seem to have been happening. (Local DA's sending "safety" letters in the mail following gun purchases, particularly around the LA area IIRC.) As of Jan 1, 2014, you will have to register new purchases of long guns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
nope, because the forms that you filled out that had the serial number of the long gun were not CADOJ forms, but were federal forms. those forms are not sent to CADOJ. therefore those serial numbers weren't sent to CADOJ and they weren't registered with CADOJ.
got it. thanks for clarifying.... but for handguns, the forms are being sent to cadoj since those are the ones that are being registered, right?
Old 04-29-2013, 2:16 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsend81 View Post
The current status of the bill (SB 374) is that it has passed the State Senate Public Safety Committee and is now on its way to the full senate. It will still have to pass the Assembly and then be signed by the governor. Here is a link to the full text of the bill: link

Seeing as how the Democrats hold a significant majority in the legislature, there is probably a good possibility of this passing.
CA is a rubber stamp for the liberals in charge. nothing to stop them but the courts.
Old 05-02-2013, 5:35 AM
Banned

I read the bill & all I read is Swiss cheeze.
Old 05-02-2013, 9:08 AM

If this passes, I am going to pin or modify all my magazines to 9 rounds and call it a day...It's a bunch of bull****, but the sad truth is, it will most likely pass because this state is full of rooster suckers...
Old 05-02-2013, 9:16 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I was at a gun shop the other day called Bullseye in Hayward. While I was waiting, I read a published flier that said 10/30, 10/20, etc type magazine will be banned as well. Can anyone confirm?
Old 05-02-2013, 10:06 AM

I say if this passes, DO NOT COMPLY! Unconstitutional law is void and as long as we comply and let them do what they want, we are just as bad as the politicians passing these laws! I know this is a forum that can be read by everybody, but i'm just saying, law abiding gun owners need to stand up and say enough is enough! If we don't, they will continue to strip us from our inalienable rights. We also should look in to legal action we could possibly take for those who violate their oaths. Now is the time for us to either stand united for the constitution or to comply and let tyranny take over. I got a wife and kids and I would hate to get in trouble for what i'm saying here, but I would hate it even more for my kids to grow up in a society where their constitutional rights have been suspended!
Old 05-02-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco45 View Post
I say if this passes, DO NOT COMPLY! Unconstitutional law is void and as long as we comply and let them do what they want, we are just as bad as the politicians passing these laws! I know this is a forum that can be read by everybody, but i'm just saying, law abiding gun owners need to stand up and say enough is enough! If we don't, they will continue to strip us from our inalienable rights. We also should look in to legal action we could possibly take for those who violate their oaths. Now is the time for us to either stand united for the constitution or to comply and let tyranny take over. I got a wife and kids and I would hate to get in trouble for what i'm saying here, but I would hate it even more for my kids to grow up in a society where their constitutional rights have been suspended!
Yea, but IF it passes and you do not comply, you either leave your gun in the safe or risk being made into a criminal and losing your gun if you run across the wrong person in LE...That may be standing up for whats right, but you still lose...
Old 05-02-2013, 1:07 PM

I don't know about you, but I for one would rather stand up for the constitution and what's right than to kneel to tyranny. We as legal gun owners and law abiding citizens must unite on this issue and if we don't, we mind as well shred our constitution because it's just a piece of paper that these people in office don't care about anyway. This road is not going to be easy, it's an uphill battle, but I for one will not stand for unconstitutional laws, but I will stand up for our freedom! Any legal actions we can take, lawsuits and what not, need to be taken. I'm not a lawyer, a LEO, a politician or any of that, i'm just an American who believes that our constitution trumps all laws that violate it.

Last edited by Loco45; 05-02-2013 at 1:13 PM..
Old 05-02-2013, 3:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRyder View Post
If this passes, I am going to pin or modify all my magazines to 9 rounds and call it a day...It's a bunch of bull****, but the sad truth is, it will most likely pass because this state is full of rooster suckers...
Not sure what u are saying, but even if u do limit your magazines to 9 (or 1 for that matter), it's the FIREARM that will have to be registered "if it can ACCEPT a removable mag and is semi-auto". Doesn't matter if all your mags are below the 10 or less threshold.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. NRA LIFE MEMBER
Old 05-02-2013, 4:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwls13 View Post
Not sure what u are saying, but even if u do limit your magazines to 9 (or 1 for that matter), it's the FIREARM that will have to be registered "if it can ACCEPT a removable mag and is semi-auto". Doesn't matter if all your mags are below the 10 or less threshold.
I just went back and re-read the bill and you're right...What a pisser...
Old 05-02-2013, 9:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimfired View Post
I think a lot of people are missing the fact that the true notice at hand is not to disarm us, but our children, grandchildren etc. They say that they're not taking away guns, and that everyone gets to keep theirs, but hide the fact that it CANNOT be transfered down, and of course all future sales of semi autos will be prohibited in California. THIS IS scary and people should be scared. If you listened to the audio/video of the entire proceedings yesterday for all 12 bills it's crystal clear where this is intended to go. Now they're even talking about smart guns. Hell, they would love that, with a click on the keyboard your weapon is useless.
this is what I have been telling all my friends and family, especially the ones that are more left leaning. The lefties usual response is "well it wont affect you/be your problem then." that response really gets on my nerves.
Old 05-02-2013, 9:44 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberPatriot View Post
Come and take they will, and here's how.

You go to renew your drivers license...
Sorry sir we can't issue your license, it seams you never turned in your illegal firearms ...

You go to refinance your house or to get a loan...
Sorry we can't process your documents until you have filed your Asault weapons compusory compliance forms...You do have proof your weapons were turned in and destroyed...
Don't you sir?

Etc, etc, etc
That scenario would no doubt apply to any professional licenses as well. And maybe even passport renewal, etc. They could run it the same way they run the deadbeat parent system, and that's a long reach.
Old 05-03-2013, 6:46 AM

If all these laws pass, the black market will probably see a big increase in weapon sales. They can't take away weapons by outlawing them and outlawing them is illegal and unconstitutional anyway. The only way they can get away with it is if everybody follows like sheep with no resistance. 1 person alone who doesn't comply would be a piece of cake for them to take care of, but a militia of constitutionalist gun owners, now that's a different story...
Old 05-03-2013, 7:39 AM

Quote:
Sadly it'll be your burden of proof to show it's "unconstitutional"...all the way up to the Supreme Court. BTW,that bus ride takes CASH ONLY!
As to your kid's constitutional rights.....well as recently as the Patriot Act 2001 and Military Commission Act 2006 your rights and theirs..... took a huge schnitzel!
Old 05-03-2013, 6:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by md2bpo View Post
I was at a gun shop the other day called Bullseye in Hayward. While I was waiting, I read a published flier that said 10/30, 10/20, etc type magazine will be banned as well. Can anyone confirm?
what needs to be banned are the freaking stupid *** terms, 10/20, 10/30...or 10/XX for that matter.

When you buy a Glock 9mm... what magazine comes with it? A 10/15 or a 10 round magazine?

You people who use the term 10/30 or whatever 10/XX you want are causing your own problem.

If your magazine holds 10rds ... IT'S A 10 ROUND MAGAZINE.

Drop the /30 stuff from your vocabulary.

I told everyone 2 years ago this will come back to haunt us.

If you need to identify the body style..its long medium or short.

I have been using these for YEARS...ArmaLite 10rd magazine... they were never called 10/20s... they are just 10rd magazines.
Old 05-03-2013, 7:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by md2bpo View Post
That is because they are adding in magazines that look like they can hold more than 10 rounds to the "ban". If they look like they hold more than 10 rounds they must ( according to them). Just another form of if it looks evil , it must be banned.

Fighting on the internet is like being in the special Olympics , everybody wins but your still retarded.

Librarian " Calguns is not a 'general discussion board".
Old 05-03-2013, 7:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoteman View Post
Sadly it'll be your burden of proof to show it's "unconstitutional"...all the way up to the Supreme Court. BTW,that bus ride takes CASH ONLY!
As to your kid's constitutional rights.....well as recently as the Patriot Act 2001 and Military Commission Act 2006 your rights and theirs..... took a huge schnitzel!
You're forgetting the NDAA ant the anti-protest bill. I am fully aware of our rights being taken away and that's why I try to fight politically by signing petitions, voicing my opinion online and to my friends and family members and donating to the NRA and NAGR and doing as much as I can possible. I'm not a politician, LEO, lawyer or any of that, but I keep a copy of the constitution with me and I'm trying to learn it so I can really know my rights. If these bills pass, My "little friends" will probably travel to my family out of state where they will be more welcome until it either gets better over here, or until I move out of state myself. I will not comply with unconstitutional law, but I won't be stupid about it either, because otherwise that will cost me much more than just losing my right to bare arms. But like I said earlier too, the gun owners of CA have to unite on this to fight it, because if we don't, it'll be a lot harder and we probably will lose everything. Unity is key and if there's no unity, we deserve what we get.
Old 05-04-2013, 5:45 AM

It seems to me that if you have an AR chambered in .22, you could register it as an Assault Weapon. Once it is a registered Assault Weapon, there is no legal restriction from changing the caliber or adding other Assault Weapon features or using legal standard mags.

I don't like the law, but it would open the door to register more legal Assault Weapons. I plan on living a long time and leaving the state before I am unable to pass them on to my kids.
Old 05-04-2013, 6:14 AM
Arizona Ex-Pat

Here is some information. Please understand one thing, clearly. The attacks by our own legislature are meant to do one thing only, Disarm.

AB48
ASSEMBLYMEN SKINNER
WHEN YOU BUY AMMO IT GETS REPORTED
10/20 AND 10/30 MAGAZINES ARE ILLEGAL!

AB500
ASSEMBLYMEN AMMIANO
15 DAY WAITING PERIOD!

AB169
ASSEMBLYMEN DICKINSON
IF IT IS NOT ON THE ROSTER YOU CANNOT SELL LEGALLY OWNED GUNS

AB760
ASSEMBLYMEN DICKINSON
SALES TAX OF .05 CENTS PER COMPONENT (COMPLETE CARTRIDGE, BULLET OR CASE)

SB47
SENATOR YEE
•BANS RIFLES SOLD WITH BULLET BUTTONS.
•ALL SEMI-AUTO MAGAZINE-FED RIFLES ARE “ASSAULT WEAPONS”
•YOUR RUGER 10/22 WILL BECOME AN ASSAULT WEAPON!

SB53
SENATOR
DE LEON
•AMMO BUYING PERMIT REQUIRED.
•MUST GIVE THUMB PRINT TO BUY AMMO.
•BANS ONLINE AMMO SALES

SB108
SENATOR YEE
FORCES YOU TO LOCK UP YOUR GUN AT HOME WHILE YOU ARE HOME

SB293
SENATOR DESAULNIER
FORCES BUYERS TO USE UNPROVEN „SAFETY‟ TECHNOLOGY.

SB299
SENATOR DESAULNIER
MAKES YOU A CRIMINAL IN 48 HOURS

SB374
SENATOR STIENBERG
•BANS RIFLES
•BANS 22LR
•BANS ANY RIFLE THE TAKES A MAG OR CLIP
•MAKE A 10/22 RUGER AN “ASSAULT WEAPON”

SB396
SENATOR HANCOCK
BANS POSESSING ANY MAG OVER 10 ROUNDS EVEN OLD ONES

SB567
SENATOR JACKSON
PISTOLS ABLE TO SHOOT SHOTGUN SHELLS WILL BE MADE REGISTERED ASSAULT WEAPONS

Fight back or be disarmed. Your choice!
Send me an email if you want to fight back Jacob@CGSSA.Org
If you don't want to fight back, give me the first chance to buy your gear when Disarmament comes and you decide to sell :-)

Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.
Old 05-04-2013, 6:51 AM

It is sad, but for the first time in my 43 years on this earth I am giving serious consideration to moving out of the state that I was born in, raised in and (except for 3 years living in Seattle for business) have lived in all my life. It isnt just what they are trying to do with our guns, its everything that the libtards are doing.... They are destroying the (IMHO) most beautiful state in the Republic, and a state that was traditionally "red" until 1992.... Very sad
Old 05-04-2013, 11:52 AM

^OD, I can't leave due to my wife's medical needs. However, that vacation place in NV is looking more like a necessity than a luxury.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:58 AM
Banned

For me- why stay here? I don't need the coastline and higher taxes.....so why not move to a lower cost of living.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
It seems to me that if you have an AR chambered in .22, you could register it as an Assault Weapon. Once it is a registered Assault Weapon, there is no legal restriction from changing the caliber or adding other Assault Weapon features or using legal standard mags.

I don't like the law, but it would open the door to register more legal Assault Weapons. I plan on living a long time and leaving the state before I am unable to pass them on to my kids.
Wrong! You are falling for the trick! Look at ALL the bills together. SB396 outlaws all mags over 10 rounds. The a-holes split the bill into a bunch of pieces on purpose.

I am tempted to suggest if we have to register, then they have to publish the serial number of every gun recovered including buy backs and allow the rightful owner to claim it before it is destroyed. That would make them think twice.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:38 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertexplore View Post
For me- why stay here? I don't need the coastline and higher taxes.....so why not move to a lower cost of living.
In my case:

* Business

* Heritage

* Family

* Friends

* It's a gorgeous place to live

* Excellent schools

* Natural beauty: Yosemite, Sequoia National Forest, Big Sur, the beaches, the Sierras, etc., etc.

* One of the best shooting ranges in the entire nation.

* Great selection in terms of food, entertainment and simply "life."

* The Niners, Giants, Lakers and Dodgers.

Would you like me to continue?

The right to keep and bear arms comes not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.
Old 05-05-2013, 1:10 PM
Veteran Member

Thank God I retire this year, thinking of getting a PO Box and Drivers license in Arizona/Nevada/Anywherebuthere and gun safe in a storage locker...still stuck for 5 more years for wife to retire then we run screaming out of this craphole of a State!
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

William Butler Yeats 1865-1939
Old 05-05-2013, 1:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
In my case:

* Business

* Heritage

* Family

* Friends

* Excellent schools

* Natural beauty: Yosemite, Sequoia National Forest, Big Sur, the beaches, the Sierras, etc., etc.

nirvana without freedom is still a prison.
Old 05-05-2013, 1:39 PM
Veteran Member

You all had your chance to speak out and for now you still do...

If we make our voice heard, if we make our voice loud enough, and there are enough of us speaking up, we can still stop these bills.

I can't urge you enough to do whatever you can, just do your part. The time is now, this time they are after YOU and YOUR legally owned possessions. Nothing more, nothing less. Ammo, mag rebuild kits, .22's, it does not matter. They want it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennys dad View Post
Here is some information. Please understand one thing, clearly. The attacks by our own legislature are meant to do one thing only, Disarm.

AB48
ASSEMBLYMEN SKINNER
WHEN YOU BUY AMMO IT GETS REPORTED
10/20 AND 10/30 MAGAZINES ARE ILLEGAL!

AB500
ASSEMBLYMEN AMMIANO
15 DAY WAITING PERIOD!

AB169
ASSEMBLYMEN DICKINSON
IF IT IS NOT ON THE ROSTER YOU CANNOT SELL LEGALLY OWNED GUNS

AB760
ASSEMBLYMEN DICKINSON
SALES TAX OF .05 CENTS PER COMPONENT (COMPLETE CARTRIDGE, BULLET OR CASE)

SB47
SENATOR YEE
•BANS RIFLES SOLD WITH BULLET BUTTONS.
•ALL SEMI-AUTO MAGAZINE-FED RIFLES ARE “ASSAULT WEAPONS”
•YOUR RUGER 10/22 WILL BECOME AN ASSAULT WEAPON!

SB53
SENATOR
DE LEON
•AMMO BUYING PERMIT REQUIRED.
•MUST GIVE THUMB PRINT TO BUY AMMO.
•BANS ONLINE AMMO SALES

SB108
SENATOR YEE
FORCES YOU TO LOCK UP YOUR GUN AT HOME WHILE YOU ARE HOME

SB293
SENATOR DESAULNIER
FORCES BUYERS TO USE UNPROVEN „SAFETY‟ TECHNOLOGY.

SB299
SENATOR DESAULNIER
MAKES YOU A CRIMINAL IN 48 HOURS

SB374
SENATOR STIENBERG
•BANS RIFLES
•BANS 22LR
•BANS ANY RIFLE THE TAKES A MAG OR CLIP
•MAKE A 10/22 RUGER AN “ASSAULT WEAPON”

SB396
SENATOR HANCOCK
BANS POSESSING ANY MAG OVER 10 ROUNDS EVEN OLD ONES

SB567
SENATOR JACKSON
PISTOLS ABLE TO SHOOT SHOTGUN SHELLS WILL BE MADE REGISTERED ASSAULT WEAPONS

Fight back or be disarmed. Your choice!
Send me an email if you want to fight back Jacob@CGSSA.Org
If you don't want to fight back, give me the first chance to buy your gear when Disarmament comes and you decide to sell :-)
Old 05-05-2013, 7:16 PM
Calguns Addict

am never going to comply with these illegal bills....

would move guns not need and drosed to a safe outside the state,would be owned by me and under my possession but out of effin californias grab reach
Old 05-06-2013, 7:26 PM

Holy crap! I can't even believe this is serious. I have to move to California for work soon. I was already disgruntled about having to neuter my ARs and take apart a crap load of magazines but now you are telling me my .22s are assault weapons. This is a total load of garbage. This bill needs to be broadcast to wider America and thrown in the face of all of the idiots that get a smug look on their face while they tell you, "No one is coming to take your guns."
Old 05-06-2013, 8:15 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
In my case:

* Business

* Heritage

* Family

* Friends

* Excellent schools

Well, I hope you enjoy slingshots too, because when the libtards in this state get done you MIGHT get to use them at your "best shooting range in the country." Quit acting like this state is the greatest place in the U.S., because it's not. The politicians have seen to that.
Old 05-07-2013, 6:06 AM

Quote:
In my case:

* Business

* Heritage

* Family

* Friends

* Excellent schools

20-30 years ago I would have agreed with most all your points... Now, not so much....

We are not a business friendly state anymore (taxes, local and state licensing, state taxes, etc)

We do not have excellent schools anymore as a whole (ranked near the bottom in most area, although there are some good ones in more affluent areas)

California is a beautiful place to live I will give you that. I missed CA every day when I lived in Seattle. But how much longer will that last? how many parks, beaches, etc are they threatening to close because they say they are broke (yet they find $$ for their pet projects...), it is hard to get along in this state anymore if you dont speak Spanish...

Everybody has a different thresh hold as to what they will tolerate. I have fought for my rights all my life (not JUST guns, but they are a big part of it) and yet now it seems that they dont care how hard we fight. The population centers in SF & LA that are run by Libtards are controlling the state even though almost half of the counties in the State are still Red... They have a super majority in both houses and the gerrymander the districts to make sure it stays that way....

For me, I am at the age now where I am thinking do I want to spend the 2nd half of my life knuckling under or do I move somewhere that I can live in peace..... I cant answer that question just now but will soon.....
Old 05-07-2013, 11:00 AM

Quote:
You're forgetting the NDAA ant the anti-protest bill. I am fully aware of our rights being taken away and that's why I try to fight politically by signing petitions, voicing my opinion online and to my friends and family members and donating to the NRA and NAGR and doing as much as I can possible. I'm not a politician, LEO, lawyer or any of that, but I keep a copy of the constitution with me and I'm trying to learn it so I can really know my rights. If these bills pass, My "little friends" will probably travel to my family out of state where they will be more welcome until it either gets better over here, or until I move out of state myself. I will not comply with unconstitutional law, but I won't be stupid about it either, because otherwise that will cost me much more than just losing my right to bare arms. But like I said earlier too, the gun owners of CA have to unite on this to fight it, because if we don't, it'll be a lot harder and we probably will lose everything. Unity is key and if there's no unity, we deserve what we get.
Again, it'll be your burden of proof on the constitutionality of the law.
My advice is to do what many here including me will do or have already done....Write call and be omnipresent to those on the list provided by
penny's dad! Thanks, pennys dad!

Also excelsior's list is just some of the reasons this state is great.
As for CWDraco comment, rights in this state are better than many others.
Think about it.
The name of the game is to block, prevent or otherwise curtail those who are misinformed and parading on this issue.

If the majority of the population here saw shooting as we do the anti movement would be kaput!
That's where we could have and can do a better job.
Name calling of the majority of Californians as leftists, commies and other derogatory terms will only escalate our demise It's fun....but destructive!
Old 05-07-2013, 1:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoteman View Post
My advice is to do what many here including me will do or have already done....Write call and be omnipresent to those on the list provided by
penny's dad
! Thanks, pennys dad!
I've written and all I get is a response stating "...while I respect your views the facts are yada yada yada GUN CONTROL yada yada yada GUN CONTROL yada yada yada GUN CONTROL."

Honestly, how do you combat this when the politicians do not fear threats of "we're not going to vote for you" because obviously there are many who still do and the damn unions control everything.

btw, instead of having to email for the list, why not just make it available here?? thanks!
Old 05-07-2013, 1:57 PM
Veteran Member

This is horrible
Old 05-07-2013, 1:58 PM
Veteran Member

10-22s are going to being even harder to find
Old 05-07-2013, 2:33 PM
Arizona Ex-Pat

You Do Not Stop Fighting Back
Fight Now
Fight Back
Fight Hard
Dont Stop
And when you feel overwhelmed GET MAD!! and FIGHT BACK!

I have a campaign I am working on for Calguns but "10 Steps for Liberty"

You guys get a sneak peak.
California’s Fight 4 Liberty
1. Hand Out Flyers to local gun shops, shooting ranges, sporting goods shops and other.
2. Host Information Tables at local gun shops, shooting ranges, sporting goods shops, gun shows and other venues; the information tables are bare bones, no nonsense tables. Content will be flyers, petitions and mailers.
3. Gun Show Booths and Line/Crowd Walkers
4. Letter writing drives
5. Email writing drives
6. Faxing drives
7. Call your representatives drives
8. Visit your representative day
9. Local Rally’s with Crowd Walkers
10. Local Shoots with Crowd Walkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgosteelers View Post
I've written and all I get is a response stating "...while I respect your views the facts are yada yada yada GUN CONTROL yada yada yada GUN CONTROL yada yada yada GUN CONTROL."

Honestly, how do you combat this when the politicians do not fear threats of "we're not going to vote for you" because obviously there are many who still do and the damn unions control everything.

btw, instead of having to email for the list, why not just make it available here?? thanks!

Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.
Old 05-07-2013, 3:03 PM

This is the one posting that I am glad I started to get the word out. Over 12,000 reads! Our problem is the Dems in this State have the power. These will pass. But maybe the NRA can file suits to make these bills illegal. That's our only hope.
Old 05-07-2013, 3:11 PM

I will attempt to do what I can BUT, the majority of those steps seem like you are "preaching to the choir".

how exactly does that make any inroads into the majority that are...
  • responsible for a democratic majority (which are now going nuts creating even more nanny state legislation),
  • passing ridiculous tax increases for things like the subway to the sea, high speed rail,
  • more taxes for schools and the children which just go to the general fund or employee union pensions
  • plastic bag bans,
  • vote against any kind of "common sense" pension reforms,
  • refuse to vote for anything that would make it easier to go after teachers & their pensions that do horrific things to our children
  • that continue to keep Feinstein & Boxer in power,
  • etc. blah blah...

you get the picture.
Old 05-07-2013, 3:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgosteelers View Post
I will attempt to do what I can BUT, the majority of those steps seem like you are "preaching to the choir".
I think the main point is to make sure the choir is LOUD enough to be heard!

Many shooters have no idea all of this is going on. They hear that xyz was defeated and think all is well, it is these small bills that chip away at our freedoms that will eventually make us lose everything.