Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 12-12-2011, 7:52 PM

Default Ghost Inc. Glock Triggers

I recently read an article on these triggers claiming they are outstanding. I'm part of the "If it ain't broke don't fix it" crew but it seems like these triggers are nice. This all stems from purchasing my Glock 34 at which I enjoy the 4.5 lb trigger pull vice my other models at 5 lbs. Since I shoot this more than my others now I thought it would be good to change them all to the 4.5 lb. I called Ghost Inc. today and the person I was speaking with told me that with the info I gave him I should go with the 3.5 Rocket:
http://www.ghostinc.com/category/35_rocket/

What I'm looking for is a consistent pull on my Glocks, faster reset, and reduction or elimination of over travel. The person at Ghost was nice and even gave me a money back guarantee if I did'nt like the trigger or would exchange it something I would like less S/H. That's standing behind your product! He also told me it does'nt void the warranty from Glock and is as safe or better than stock while holstered. As much as I trust his word, you can tell me the beer is cold but I really won't know until I see it or my buddy confirms it is. So I look to you, my buddy's! I want to see if anyone has installed one of these kits, shot a Glock with this trigger, or has a run drills with this system in a holster. Thanks in advance for replying.
Old 12-12-2011, 7:56 PM
The Kilted One
CGN Contributor

I converted mine shortly after I got it. 3.5# and have never had an issue. I carry everyday and shoot at least once a week. You'll enjoy it.
Old 12-12-2011, 8:10 PM
CGN Contributor

I had a Rocket kit in my 23 for a couple years, but about 6 mos. ago I changed to the Tactical and played around with different springs to get a 4 - 4.5 pull. I liked the 3.5# but since it's my EDC I don't need the worry of getting picked apart in court over it. You'll like the shorter pull and reset. Do it!
ETA: It's been so long that I forgot I had issues using the reduced power firing pin spring and got light strikes 3 out of 4 times so I went back to the factory spring and problem solved. I also didn't use the reduced power trigger safety spring just the 6# Wolff trigger spring. Still the best thing I did, way better than factory. It will take some fitting with a small file.

Last edited by DGoodale; 12-12-2011 at 8:18 PM..
Old 12-12-2011, 9:15 PM
Snake..Snake? SNAAAAKKE!!
CGN Contributor

Love my Ghost Rocket connector on my Glock 22. Reset is definately shorter and overtravel is minimal. Didnt mess with changing any of the springs and its the only mod I have on my Glock except for the sights.

Old 12-12-2011, 11:23 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo6four View Post
I recently read an article on these triggers claiming they are outstanding. I'm part of the "If it ain't broke don't fix it" crew but it seems like these triggers are nice. This all stems from purchasing my Glock 34 at which I enjoy the 4.5 lb trigger pull vice my other models at 5 lbs. Since I shoot this more than my others now I thought it would be good to change them all to the 4.5 lb. I called Ghost Inc. today and the person I was speaking with told me that with the info I gave him I should go with the 3.5 Rocket:
http://www.ghostinc.com/category/35_rocket/

What I'm looking for is a consistent pull on my Glocks, faster reset, and reduction or elimination of over travel. The person at Ghost was nice and even gave me a money back guarantee if I did'nt like the trigger or would exchange it something I would like less S/H. That's standing behind your product! He also told me it does'nt void the warranty from Glock and is as safe or better than stock while holstered. As much as I trust his word, you can tell me the beer is cold but I really won't know until I see it or my buddy confirms it is. So I look to you, my buddy's! I want to see if anyone has installed one of these kits, shot a Glock with this trigger, or has a run drills with this system in a holster. Thanks in advance for replying.
You can solve most of your problems with the stock trigger by running a 3.5lbs connector and a NY1 trigger spring. This will remove the staging effect of the trigger, and will give a faster reset.
Glock Certified Armorer
Old 01-16-2012, 5:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by locosway View Post
You can solve most of your problems with the stock trigger by running a 3.5lbs connector and a NY1 trigger spring. This will remove the staging effect of the trigger, and will give a faster reset.
So your tip worked REALLY well, thank you. I also took the liberty of adding maritime spring cups which made it all in all smoother to shoot. One thing I noticed though is now when I take the pistol apart now that I have to manually depress the trigger back to take of the slide when I did'nt have to do that before. Did I install something wrong? This is what I have:

G19
(1) Stock Glock 3.5 lb connector
(1) NY-1 Trigger Spring
(1) Set of Maritime Spring Cups

NOTE: When I tried to install the Ghost Inc. Rocket 3.5 lb connector, the NY1 prevented the trigger bar cruciform from falling into the safety notch. This prevented the trigger drop safety from working and making disassembly of the Glock 19 difficult.
Old 01-16-2012, 5:31 PM

Ghost is GTG 1000's of rounds and never a problem.
Old 01-16-2012, 8:41 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
So your tip worked REALLY well, thank you. I also took the liberty of adding maritime spring cups which made it all in all smoother to shoot. One thing I noticed though is now when I take the pistol apart now that I have to manually depress the trigger back to take of the slide when I did'nt have to do that before. Did I install something wrong? This is what I have:

G19
(1) NY-1 Trigger Spring

NOTE: When I tried to install the Ghost Inc. Rocket 3.5 lb connector, the NY1 prevented the trigger bar cruciform from falling into the safety notch. This prevented the trigger drop safety from working and making disassembly of the Glock 19 difficult.
Things are a little tighter with the NY1 spring. The trigger gets pushed back forward even after you fire.

I don't think you've done anything wrong, it's just how the parts fit.

Something to note, Glock recommends not using the maritime cups for anything other than special missions which may require underwater firing. I'm not sure if they're weaker, so you might want to keep the stock ones in your range bag in case those ever break.

I'd make a video to show you, but there are so many videos already. This one is really good, and he gets everything right.

Glock Certified Armorer
Old 01-16-2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
So your tip worked REALLY well, thank you. I also took the liberty of adding maritime spring cups which made it all in all smoother to shoot . One thing I noticed though is now when I take the pistol apart now that I have to manually depress the trigger back to take of the slide when I did'nt have to do that before. Did I install something wrong? This is what I have:

G19
(1) NY-1 Trigger Spring

i don't think this will make it "smoother to shoot". it was intended for water drainage.

Bruce Lee
Old 01-16-2012, 11:00 PM
Banned

You know I was a little disappointed when I got my 34 that it had the 5.5 pound trigger. The shell casing date is September of 2011, I thought they all came with the new connector...

Anyone know where I can get the factory dot connector?
Old 01-16-2012, 11:12 PM
Banned

Sorry, looking for the minus connector, not a dot.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:28 PM

Something to note, Glock recommends not using the maritime cups for anything other than special missions which may require underwater firing. I'm not sure if they're weaker, so you might want to keep the stock ones in your range bag in case those ever break.

THANK YOU for the video and info. I was told that the maritime spring cups decrease drag, hmm. OK, I still have the stock spring cups as spares. I have quite the collection of internal parts now. Experiencing how easy all this stuff is and wanting to do things right, I've decided to sign up with the GSSF and have started the application process to attend a Glock Armorers Course (I have Private Security creds too). I know my AR , Mossberg, and M9 inside and out from my time in the Corps (Had some buddies that were 2111's) so it seems I should get the right training and understand my Glock as well. This all stems from my drive to be self-reliant J.I.C.. Finally, I find it COMPLETELY idiotic that if a person legally defends themselves that the attacker/attackers family would pursue litigation and they would dig into what kind of parts you're running. So, for example, if I stop some criminal who is an imminent threat to hurt me or my family in my house my CRKT M21 folder then they are going to get all into the knife because its "Tactical" or something like that and say something asinine like I should have used Santoku kitchen knife instead because it's not meant to hurt people. Last I checked and knife is a knife. Regardless, sorry for the rant, thank you very much for your time and help.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:32 PM
Calguns Addict

I've got the Ghost Ultimate 3.5 connector in my Glock 27 and I love it. It lightens the trigger just a bit, but makes the break nice and crisp and the reset is pretty nice too.

You won't be disappointed.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:33 PM
Calguns Addict

If in Nor-Cal and want the best Glock trigger that can be had, contact 1911whore here on CG! He's done 3 of mine and many other friends, absolutely amazing work!!! Tell him your from CG's!
Old 01-16-2012, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXRider View Post
Sorry, looking for the minus connector, not a dot.
Not sure if this is the most inexpensive one to purchase, but it's a start:
http://www.glockmeister.com/45-Pound...ductinfo/G721/
Old 01-17-2012, 6:34 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirgiles View Post
i don't think this will make it "smoother to shoot". it was intended for water drainage.
I've seen a lot of kits for "improved triggers" use the maritime cups. I think they're lighter, which may change the feel, but I'm not certain since they're a restricted item by Glock.

Quote:

THANK YOU for the video and info. I was told that the maritime spring cups decrease drag, hmm. OK, I still have the stock spring cups as spares. I have quite the collection of internal parts now. Experiencing how easy all this stuff is and wanting to do things right, I've decided to sign up with the GSSF and have started the application process to attend a Glock Armorers Course (I have Private Security creds too). I know my AR , Mossberg, and M9 inside and out from my time in the Corps (Had some buddies that were 2111's) so it seems I should get the right training and understand my Glock as well. This all stems from my drive to be self-reliant J.I.C.. Finally, I find it COMPLETELY idiotic that if a person legally defends themselves that the attacker/attackers family would pursue litigation and they would dig into what kind of parts you're running. So, for example, if I stop some criminal who is an imminent threat to hurt me or my family in my house my CRKT M21 folder then they are going to get all into the knife because its "Tactical" or something like that and say something asinine like I should have used Santoku kitchen knife instead because it's not meant to hurt people. Last I checked and knife is a knife. Regardless, sorry for the rant, thank you very much for your time and help.
I know Glock tells people to never polish parts, but if you want to get the absolute best feel, you'll need to polish your parts. It's only dangerous if you actually remove material (e.g. polishing with a stone or high power wheel). If you're using something like Flitz metal polish and a felt wheel on a dremel, you're going to be pretty safe.

There are videos on youtube about what parts to polish as well. Including the trigger bar since that drags along the inside of the frame.
Glock Certified Armorer
Old 01-17-2012, 9:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by locosway View Post
I've seen a lot of kits for "improved triggers" use the maritime cups. I think they're lighter, which may change the feel, but I'm not certain since they're a restricted item by Glock.

I know Glock tells people to never polish parts, but if you want to get the absolute best feel, you'll need to polish your parts. It's only dangerous if you actually remove material (e.g. polishing with a stone or high power wheel). If you're using something like Flitz metal polish and a felt wheel on a dremel, you're going to be pretty safe.

There are videos on youtube about what parts to polish as well. Including the trigger bar since that drags along the inside of the frame.

I've looked at a few, is there one person you would recommend to follow?
Old 01-17-2012, 9:41 PM

I installed the 3.5lb rocket trigger into my brother's Gen 1 Glock 17. It completely transformed the gun. Everyone who shoots it falls in love with the trigger.

PS, get the whole kit
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemD...px?sku=2-GHRIK
Old 01-17-2012, 9:55 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I've looked at a few, is there one person you would recommend to follow?
This one looks good, but I didn't watch it all. I just jumped from part to part to make sure he was doing it right, which it seems so. I would just add that I would also polish the trigger bar where it touches the frame, so that would be the entire outside part of the trigger bar, which he didn't do.

Glock Certified Armorer
Old 01-18-2012, 12:29 AM

night and day difference. I love mine so much. It took me a bit to get use to it again but it's a must. Fitting it kind of annoying the first time
Old 01-18-2012, 12:35 AM

I did both the Ghost 3.5 lb connector and 25 cent polish job to my Glock 27. I was definitely faster (double taps and grouping) after the mods, but I did the mods together, so I'm not sure which made more of a difference.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:04 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I installed a Ghost trigger in my Ruger SR9 (sorry, not a Glock), but it made a night/day difference as well. Much more smooth and crisper break. I think there was only one scary part in the install when a wily spring got sprung from the trigger assembly (an itsy bitsy one)....I basically lucked out because I actually found where it fell. While I had it taken down, I also did a quick polish on some of the key components with a Dremel and polishing compound.
Old 01-18-2012, 2:23 PM
Veteran Member

I've never felt the need to change a trigger in any of my Glocks. Maybe I need to shoot one with a 3.5 and see what the fuss is all about.
Old 01-18-2012, 2:26 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalbowhunter View Post
I've never felt the need to change a trigger in any of my Glocks. Maybe I need to shoot one with a 3.5 and see what the fuss is all about.
For combat accurate shooting, it's perfectly fine. For anything more than that, it's really a hard trigger to like. I've seen people do amazing things with the stock Glock trigger, but there are a lot of parts that make it far more easier to use.
Glock Certified Armorer
Old 01-18-2012, 2:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avedis View Post
I installed the 3.5lb rocket trigger into my brother's Gen 1 Glock 17. It completely transformed the gun. Everyone who shoots it falls in love with the trigger.

PS, get the whole kit
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemD...px?sku=2-GHRIK
convenient, but ugh feel super dirty going cheaperthandirt. Was that kit a CTD exclusive they put together? I looked on brownells and no luck for such a kit (or any Ghost parts).

I have a bone-stock G19 that I really like, but after firing my new-to-me 1911 and going immediately to my G19 at the range, I realized "Whoa striker trigger " So now I'm looking for something to improve the stock glock trigger. Definitely tagging this thread, thanks to all who are being so helpful in it!!

EDIT: Yuck, just did "estimate my shipping" from CTD and for a $30.98 kit that will fit in a coin purse, the shipping for just ground (cheapest available) to So-Cal is $12.75. THAT IS 41% OF THE COST OF THE ITEM IN QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!! To hell with them!
Yellowfin: The 2A in its true intent of what it protects can be summed up in one word: parity. Self defense means self defense from ANYTHING, and parity is being on level playing field with whatever threat may be.

Last edited by proclone1; 01-18-2012 at 2:58 PM..
Old 01-18-2012, 4:47 PM
Banned

I picked up a Ghost 3.5 connector for my new 34, and I hate it more than the lone wolf connector. It has a ton of creep in the trigger. The lone wolf would be decent if it didn't make the slide harder to rack. The stock 5.5 pound trigger is smooth (once I polished it up) and has a nice clean break and reset, so I went back to that setup for the time being.

Looks like I need to spend $25 on that minus connector from Glockmeister. But seriously, $25 plus shipping for a factory Glock connector? That's crazy expensive.
Old 01-18-2012, 5:05 PM
Veteran Member

Travis Haley is talking up the newest glock trigger he helped develop/attached his name to.
Old 01-18-2012, 5:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreason View Post
Travis Haley is talking up the newest glock trigger he helped develop/attached his name to.
$159, using all glock factory parts. http://www.glocktriggers.com/Products.html (search for "skimmer") Really curious how much of that is actually worth it, and how much is just Haley's name increasing that $$$.
Yellowfin: The 2A in its true intent of what it protects can be summed up in one word: parity. Self defense means self defense from ANYTHING, and parity is being on level playing field with whatever threat may be.
Old 01-18-2012, 7:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proclone1 View Post
convenient, but ugh feel super dirty going cheaperthandirt. Was that kit a CTD exclusive they put together? I looked on brownells and no luck for such a kit (or any Ghost parts).

I have a bone-stock G19 that I really like, but after firing my new-to-me 1911 and going immediately to my G19 at the range, I realized "Whoa striker trigger " So now I'm looking for something to improve the stock glock trigger. Definitely tagging this thread, thanks to all who are being so helpful in it!!

EDIT: Yuck, just did "estimate my shipping" from CTD and for a $30.98 kit that will fit in a coin purse, the shipping for just ground (cheapest available) to So-Cal is $12.75. THAT IS 41% OF THE COST OF THE ITEM IN QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!! To hell with them!
Ya, unfortunately there is a large markup on the shipping. Regardless, look at the total cost, still a lower price than anywhere else (that I have found) I am not sure if the if the kit is exclusive to CTD, but it was convenient, cheap, and shipped quickly.

The only part that is a ***** is grinding down the trigger control tab in tiny increments to get the best possible reset. Other than that, simple install.
Old 02-07-2012, 9:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avedis View Post
Ya, unfortunately there is a large markup on the shipping. Regardless, look at the total cost, still a lower price than anywhere else (that I have found) I am not sure if the if the kit is exclusive to CTD, but it was convenient, cheap, and shipped quickly.

The only part that is a ***** is grinding down the trigger control tab in tiny increments to get the best possible reset. Other than that, simple install.
This is all for my Gen3 Glock 19:
OK I was an idiot earlier on Brownells and doing a terrible job searching. I actually DID find the ghost disconnector on there, and they do have the rocket kit. Here it is: http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=2...for-GLOCK-reg-

However, instead of the kit, I went this route per Bravo6Four's post:
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=2...-3-5-CONNECTOR
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=2...ing-NY-1-Olive
I also picked up the glock extended mag release, which I filed down to a suitable length (about halfway between the stock mag release and what the extended original length was) and the glock uni-tool.

I've since discovered that Glocks are very easy to work on (I don't feel like I'm about to break a $50 part all the time) and confidence boosting!

This was a few weeks ago. I have since taken my glock post-install Ghost disconnector and NY-1 Triggerspring to the range, and honestly I was a bit disappointed. Where others had reported a night & day difference in trigger feel, I felt that it was smoother, but the travel was still very long and hard. Towards the end of around 250rds (about 100 was spent on both range-rental M&P9mm and XD9) and shooting my glock at the very end, my trigger finger was struggling to make a smooth squeeze because it was tired. I was actually kind of pissed because I'm 800+rds deep into my glock 19, and from the first 10rds of the range-rental XD9 I was doing twice as well and maintained that for the rest of my range-rounds [I bought an XD9 last saturday ].

Anyways, tonight, while checking on a whim to see what number my extractor was, I decided to detail strip for the first time the rest of the slide At that point I figured "I've done this much, I wonder what the ghost connector will feel like without the NY-1 trigger spring, and instead with the default spring installed" WOW now that is a nice trigger.

Getting serious about this now: Is this an unsafe mode to have your glock in? (stock everything, except for the Ghost 3.5 connector) I see some forum posts saying "the only safe way to have the ghost 3.5 is if you have the NY-1 spring" and "don't use the stock trigger spring with the 3.5 disconnect". However, on ghostinc's website, they say on the product page for the 3.5: YOU MAY USE THIS CONNECTOR FOR ALL LAWFUL ACTIVITIES.

So am I safe or what? Should I treat my Glock in this configuration as Range-only? I don't have a LTC so I don't go out with it holstered on my body, but I do from time to time holster it within my apartment. I bow to more knowledgeable Cal-gunners' experience and expertise.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proclone1 View Post
This is all for my Gen3 Glock 19:
OK I was an idiot earlier on Brownells and doing a terrible job searching. I actually DID find the ghost disconnector on there, and they do have the rocket kit. Here it is: http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=2...for-GLOCK-reg-

However, instead of the kit, I went this route per Bravo6Four's post:
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=2...-3-5-CONNECTOR
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=2...ing-NY-1-Olive
I also picked up the glock extended mag release, which I filed down to a suitable length (about halfway between the stock mag release and what the extended original length was) and the glock uni-tool.

I've since discovered that Glocks are very easy to work on (I don't feel like I'm about to break a $50 part all the time) and confidence boosting!

This was a few weeks ago. I have since taken my glock post-install Ghost disconnector and NY-1 Triggerspring to the range, and honestly I was a bit disappointed. Where others had reported a night & day difference in trigger feel, I felt that it was smoother, but the travel was still very long and hard. Towards the end of around 250rds (about 100 was spent on both range-rental M&P9mm and XD9) and shooting my glock at the very end, my trigger finger was struggling to make a smooth squeeze because it was tired. I was actually kind of pissed because I'm 800+rds deep into my glock 19, and from the first 10rds of the range-rental XD9 I was doing twice as well and maintained that for the rest of my range-rounds [I bought an XD9 last saturday ].

Anyways, tonight, while checking on a whim to see what number my extractor was, I decided to detail strip for the first time the rest of the slide At that point I figured "I've done this much, I wonder what the ghost connector will feel like without the NY-1 trigger spring, and instead with the default spring installed" WOW now that is a nice trigger.

Getting serious about this now: Is this an unsafe mode to have your glock in? (stock everything, except for the Ghost 3.5 connector) I see some forum posts saying "the only safe way to have the ghost 3.5 is if you have the NY-1 spring" and "don't use the stock trigger spring with the 3.5 disconnect". However, on ghostinc's website, they say on the product page for the 3.5: YOU MAY USE THIS CONNECTOR FOR ALL LAWFUL ACTIVITIES.

So am I safe or what? Should I treat my Glock in this configuration as Range-only? I don't have a LTC so I don't go out with it holstered on my body, but I do from time to time holster it within my apartment. I bow to more knowledgeable Cal-gunners' experience and expertise.
ProColonel,
Wow. I'm sorry if my info set you in the wrong direction. I've been experimenting and what I find interesting that all Glocks need a bit of adjustment time. I use the 3.5 Ghost Rocket without the NY1 and well I can feel that it's not 3.5 lbs. I get my trigger pull gauge soon so I'll post all my findings. I did talk to a few retired lawyers and police officers about the whole legality of aftermarket parts. So my take, at least in California, you're screwed either way. One told me to the defense attorneys will get down to the point where they will pick apart the ammo, the parts, the gun, and your propensity for violence or if you're a gun enthusiast etc.... Whatever.
Old 02-16-2012, 7:54 AM
Cry Havok!
CGN Contributor

I have a ghost ranger 4.5# in all of my glocks. For me it is the best feel, personally i do t like the ny1 or 2 dont see the point. When i went through the armorers class i got to check the feel on both. As for the maritime caps and the stock minus connector those are glock lawyer deals. They dont want someone blaming an AD on their minus connector that was changed out and they dont want a idiot jumping into their backyard pool and trying to blast off rounds underwater because all of a sudden their gun has maritime cups and it now defys the laws of physics. (see blocked barrel for info) Lighter connector GTG maritime. Cups no big deal they work like the regular ones (i cant see how the 1/2 oz of weightif that would make a difference unless you think it does. And if you are confident you shoot better.
Thanks
Don
"Para ser libre, un hombre debe tener tres cosas, la tierra, una educacion y un fusil. Siempre un fusil ! (To be free, a man must have three things; land, an education and a rifle. Always a rifle)" -Emiliano Zapata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrocket1 View Post
Of course they are in free territory where they can pick up ammunition at the local 5 and dime without going through a criminal background check. All we get is legalized pot.
Old 02-16-2012, 8:00 AM
Veteran Member

On average.. how much heavier does the NY1 spring make the trigger feel? I got the Ghost 5lb Tactical connector because I thought the (-) connector was too light and I wanted the overtravel stop... but after installing it, it pretty much feels like the same weight as my original connector (its on my G34). Again, wouldn't mind if it made things a little heavier.
Old 02-16-2012, 8:21 AM

Glockmeister has a little chart on the combinations they've tested and the pull weights.

CHART

www.KEOKEphotography.com
Old 02-16-2012, 10:49 AM
Banned

Well, I settled on a minus connector with stock springs and a light polish job on my 34. Made a big difference for me.

Still want to try out a Haley Skimmer trigger because I have been hearing good things. But for the price I could almost buy 1000 rounds for practice.
Old 02-16-2012, 1:27 PM

Quote:
ProColonel,
Wow. I'm sorry if my info set you in the wrong direction. I've been experimenting and what I find interesting that all Glocks need a bit of adjustment time. I use the 3.5 Ghost Rocket without the NY1 and well I can feel that it's not 3.5 lbs. I get my trigger pull gauge soon so I'll post all my findings. I did talk to a few retired lawyers and police officers about the whole legality of aftermarket parts. So my take, at least in California, you're screwed either way. One told me to the defense attorneys will get down to the point where they will pick apart the ammo, the parts, the gun, and your propensity for violence or if you're a gun enthusiast etc.... Whatever.
Hey no problem lol. According to this link (posted above) http://www.glockmeister.com/Evaluati...iggerPulls.asp , Just using the 3.5 Ghost connector brings the trigger pull to 4#, which is A-OK with me.

This has probably been discussed ad-nauseum before, but I really can't see how a self-defense/good-shoot can be put under pressure by the DA or whatever based on what ammo/parts he used. What difference does it make what the person used to neutralize a threat to his/her person, as long as it didn't involve waterboarding or luring some home-invader into a spiked tiger-trap? Assuming it's not flechette rounds and it's hollow-point or FMJ, why should it matter what the trigger-weight was? Because the fact is, if using deadly force was reasonable and justified in the first place, only *THEN* was a finger put on the trigger and the threat was stopped.

Does the current justice system defy logic and reasoning to this extent??
Old 02-16-2012, 8:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXRider View Post
I picked up a Ghost 3.5 connector for my new 34, and I hate it more than the lone wolf connector. It has a ton of creep in the trigger. The lone wolf would be decent if it didn't make the slide harder to rack. The stock 5.5 pound trigger is smooth (once I polished it up) and has a nice clean break and reset, so I went back to that setup for the time being.

Looks like I need to spend $25 on that minus connector from Glockmeister. But seriously, $25 plus shipping for a factory Glock connector? That's crazy expensive.
I'm no expert but I was pretty sure the 34 had the 3.5lbs connector from Glock. Looking here though they have a 4.5...

http://www.glock.com/english/glock34_tech.htm
Old 02-17-2012, 1:39 AM

To all who have read and contributed to this post. I'm hoping that this will help those who are wondering about trigger jobs. I've been experimenting since DEC 11 to today and 3000 rounds later and six Glocks all chambered in 9MM, here are the following results: (Note: Ammo used was Winchester White Box 115gr FMJ's<500 rounds each gun>. Lyman Digital Trigger Pull Gauge with an average after 10 test pulls, all guns have had the .25 cent trigger job using Flitz polish and a Dremel felt brush@10,000 RPM except for #2. Cleaned metal parts only with Brakleen Non-Chlorinated Brake Cleaner, polymer parts scrubbed with toothbrush and wiped down with cotton rags, and parts lubed with Lucas gun oil)

DISCLAIMER: I put the colors of the Glocks on here but it made no difference ROFL.

#1) 2nd Gen Glock 17 all stock parts. Slightly smoother after .25 cent trigger job. Still feels a bit heavy in the trigger (mushy), reset was stock with an average trigger pull of 5 lbs .08 oz

#2) 2nd Gen Glock 19 all stock parts. NO TRIGGER JOB. Feels like #1 with an average trigger pull of 5 lbs .05 oz

#3) 2nd Gen Glock 19 OD all stock except for a Ghost Inc. 3.5 Trigger Connector. Feels nice shooting, not mushy, improved reset, and had an average trigger pull of 4 lbs flat.

#4) 2nd Gen Glock 19, all stock except for a Glock OEM minus connector, NY1 Trigger, and Ghost Inc Maritime Spring Cups. This feels like shooting an old D/A revolver. There is absolutely no mush, reset is improved a bit, and it feels like a long trigger pull however (at least to me) is lighter to squeeze than #1. Minus the spring cups, this is the way the factory recommends carry with a minus connector. Average trigger pull 5 lbs 1.0 oz.

#5) Glock 26 OD all stock except for a Glock minus connector. Feels like a stock Glock 34. I like this trigger. Good reset and I feel all Glocks should come stock with the minus connector. Average trigger pull 4 lbs 4.5 oz.

6) 3rd Gen Glock 34 OD all stock parts except for a Ghost Inc. 3.5 Rocket Connector and Ghost Inc. Maritime Spring cups. SUPER Light trigger. This was actually scary as the reset is INSTANT and rapid firing with this thing can empty a mag quick. I really like this trigger and this is the one to worry with the Lawyers I guess. I may change this or buy a new 34 and keep this set up for the range only. Average trigger pull of
3 lbs 2.7 oz. RECOMMEND ONLY EXPERIENCED PEOPLE CARRY THIS IN A HOLSTER!!!!!

So based on my research, I hope this helps some of you.

Final thoughts:
I think I'm going to go with #5 with all my Glocks EXCEPT #4 which will remain as my night stand biometric safe gun.

Maritime Spring Cups. Do they make a difference? I can't really prove it but being a former Jarhead I still do a lot of stuff around water so I'm going to keep them. Not going to shoot them underwater but it's nice to know it drains for my safety.

Ghost Inc. Good product in my opinion but a lot lighter than they claim.

Thanks to all for the input and I think I can put this one to rest.

On to the next project.
Old 02-17-2012, 1:44 AM

Quote:

#2) 2nd Gen Glock 19 all stock parts. NO TRIGGER JOB. Feels like #1 with an average trigger pull of 5 lbs .05 oz

#3) 2nd Gen Glock 19 OD all stock except for a Ghost Inc. 3.5 Trigger Connector. Feels nice shooting, not mushy, improved reset, and had an average trigger pull of 4 lbs flat.

#4) 2nd Gen Glock 19, all stock except for a Glock OEM minus connector, NY1 Trigger, and Ghost Inc Maritime Spring Cups. This feels like shooting an old D/A revolver. There is absolutely no mush, reset is improved a bit, and it feels like a long trigger pull however (at least to me) is lighter to squeeze than #1. Minus the spring cups, this is the way the factory recommends carry with a minus connector. Average trigger pull 5 lbs 1.0 oz.

#5) Glock 26 OD all stock except for a Glock minus connector. Feels like a stock Glock 34. I like this trigger. Good reset and I feel all Glocks should come stock with the minus connector. Average trigger pull 4 lbs 4.5 oz.

On to the next project.
SORRY. It's 0244 and I should have put 3RD Gen for #2, #3, #4, and #5.
Old 02-17-2012, 8:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorwerks View Post
I'm no expert but I was pretty sure the 34 had the 3.5lbs connector from Glock. Looking here though they have a 4.5...

http://www.glock.com/english/glock34_tech.htm
Not mine. Apparently they do still make it with the 5.5 pound trigger. Says so on the box.