Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 03-16-2018, 8:25 PM

Default BEST GLOCK 17 TRIGGER

Alright Gucci Glock owners.... question for those who have tried/experience with multiple aftermarket Glock trigger, what are your favorites?

Really interested in a few triggers, but was wondering what everyones experiences are.

A few that I was interested in:

JOHNNY GLOCK
TYR
OVERWATCH
APEX
LANTAC
MCCORMICK
FOWLER

Any experience with the ones mentioned would be a big plus! Thanks in advance......and feel free to post pics.
Old 03-16-2018, 9:00 PM

I've had several Zevs, a few Agencys, one Apex and I just installed an Overwatch last night. The Zev Ultimate trigger has the best feel, but its a competition trigger. I've had gun go off when tapping the slide home on a loaded round, so, its a no go for carry IMO.

The Overwatch with NP3 coating is nearly as smooth as the Zev without changing any of the stock safety parts. So, its going to be my go to Glock upgrade.

The Agency is a close second to the Overwatch. One thing I noticed was that the Overwatch minimizes the Glock wall (much like the Zev), but the Agency keeps more of the wall. So, if you like a clearly defined wall, go for the Agency, if you want a smooth consistent pull go Overwatch.

I really don't like narrow trigger safety on the the Apex.
Old 03-16-2018, 10:14 PM

I want a crisp smooth consistent pull, with less over travel.. but can also use it on courses.
Old 03-16-2018, 11:57 PM

Sounds like you want a match trigger. They're all different and could be adjusted many different ways and could change the feel differently with different parts with the angles and spaces in your specific gun....etc. you get the point.

With that said, the Zev has the highest potential though from triggers I've tried and worked on in general...best is to buy a bunch of glocks and match the parts to your needs, gl!
Old 03-17-2018, 12:05 AM

Stock with a ghost connector and spring kit. No need to get crazy
Old 03-17-2018, 7:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFTII View Post
...The Zev Ultimate trigger has the best feel, but its a competition trigger. I've had gun go off when tapping the slide home on a loaded round, so, its a no go for carry IMO...
I’m not doubting your story, but how can that even happen? I always thought the safety plunger stopped the firing pin from contacting the primer unless the trigger is pulled?

And to answer the OPs question, I’ve tried the overwatch trigger but felt the face was too flat. I just run a minus connector in my glocks with a $0.25 trigger job. That gives you a good baseline. Then after a couple thousand rounds they’re like butter.

Last edited by boopiejones; 03-17-2018 at 7:49 AM..
Old 03-17-2018, 8:10 AM

Because the trigger companies remove material and reshape the tab that is caught by the striker block. With a lighter spring it has less resistance and doesn't block the trigger.
Old 03-17-2018, 8:37 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampcrip View Post
I ran the ghost evo elite connector in competition. The trigger did feel better, reducing creep and over travel, but I got an occasional failure to go into battery that I did not have before. About 1 out of every 100 rounds would jam the slide. Totally unacceptable. I took it out and the malfunction went away.

As the evo elite is custom fitted, there is a possibility that I could shave a mil more in fitting the connector, but I lost interest. Junked it.

Ive run a ZEV kit, and looked at a few other triggers. They are all the same, glock parts with a proprietary shoe and a reverse engineered connector. I found them to be a waste of time and effort.

I personally believe that the OEM 3.5 connector, an FCG polish and a good stipple job are the best mods. Stipple will address poor traction on a very light frame. My 2 cents.

Last edited by MarikinaMan; 03-17-2018 at 2:54 PM..
Old 03-17-2018, 8:51 AM

That was in informative post AFT.....

I have the Apex kit in my M&P...but do the $.25 trigger jobs in my Glocks. I like the Apex marginally more....but all factors considered and since I don't compete with the Glocks...they are GTG.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out-Art Linkletter
Old 03-17-2018, 8:56 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boopiejones View Post
I’m not doubting your story, but how can that even happen? I always thought the safety plunger stopped the firing pin from contacting the primer unless the trigger is pulled?

And to answer the OPs question, I’ve tried the overwatch trigger but felt the face was too flat. I just run a minus connector in my glocks with a $0.25 trigger job. That gives you a good baseline. Then after a couple thousand rounds they’re like butter.
The lightened safety plunger spring, part of the ZEV system, is known to disable the safety when the adjustment is off on the trigger. Even when set up correctly, I would not discount it doing so in a competition setting.

Last edited by MarikinaMan; 03-17-2018 at 8:59 AM..
Old 03-17-2018, 1:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boopiejones View Post
Im not doubting your story, but how can that even happen? I always thought the safety plunger stopped the firing pin from contacting the primer unless the trigger is pulled?

And to answer the OPs question, Ive tried the overwatch trigger but felt the face was too flat. I just run a minus connector in my glocks with a $0.25 trigger job. That gives you a good baseline. Then after a couple thousand rounds theyre like butter.

Going to try that $0.25 trigger job and and the minus connector. Ive heard good things about that connector.
Old 03-17-2018, 1:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarikinaMan View Post
I ran the ghost evo elite connector in competition. The trigger did feel better, reducing creep and over travel, but I got an occasional failure to go into battery that I did not have before. About 1 out of every 100 rounds would jam the slide. Totally unacceptable. I took it out and the malfunction went away too.

As the evo elite is custom fitter, there is a possibility that I could shave a mil more in fitting the connector, but I lost interest. Junked it.

Ive run a ZEV kit, and looked at a few other triggers. They are all the same, glock parts with a proprietary shoe and a reverse engineered connector. I found them to be a waste of time and effort.

I personally believe that the OEM 3.5 connector, an FCG polish and a good stipple job are the best mods. Stipple will address poor traction on a very light frame. My 2 cents.

Ive heard that from a lot of folks, and I may just go that route with some polishing.
Old 03-17-2018, 1:05 PM

Stock trigger shoe with polished bar and connector
2lb striker spring
Heavy return spring
Polished plunger
Lighter plunger spring

About $15 and some time
Old 03-17-2018, 1:13 PM

I have both the zev drop in and ghost evo elite. Zev very slightly better but at 6x the price. The evo elite took about 15 slide disassemble repetitions but at 35 bucks the best deal. NEVER a ftf or any other issue.

The zev is better because the pull is smoother AND adjustable. but the ghost totally lightened the pull and is smooth enough.
Old 03-17-2018, 2:25 PM

Do you guys think just polishing the trigger bar and a 3.5 lb connector is good enough?
Old 03-17-2018, 2:31 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy916 View Post
Do you guys think just polishing the trigger bar and a 3.5 lb connector is good enough?
Stock is good enough if you know how to shoot. Most Calguns guys talk much more than they shoot and when they shoot it isn't pretty. If you aren't in competition stay stock. Even if you are competing the minus connector, good polish job (flitz and soft polish dremel attachment) and maybe a plus trigger return spring and you're gtg. All these name trigger systems are a joke.

If you buy a gun from me and fail to pass background, I will keep at least 50% of the sale price to compensate me for the time you've wasted of mine (sale and failed sale pickup), so if you're in doubt, don't buy my guns.
Old 03-17-2018, 3:01 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

Yes.
Old 03-17-2018, 8:39 PM

Glock Store Pyramid trigger

NRA Life Member 45+ yrs
CRPA Life Member 45+ yrs
Navy Pilot Retired
Old 03-17-2018, 10:01 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

TYR & OVERWATCH my top 2, running the TYR now.

Running polish internals, OEM spring, 3.5 connector and its all good.
Old 03-18-2018, 7:43 AM

I think so much of it is personal preference. I have big hands and have tried apex, agency, overwatch Dat and Falx. I've also tried stock disconnector, minus, overwatch precision np3 minus, lone wolf minus and now ghost Evo. I shoot all triggers pretty similarly two handed but when I shoot one handed, that's when the personality of each trigger comes through. When shooting one handed, to get a clean press to the rear I have to shoot with my finger all the way into the trigger guard up to the first knuckle. Using this method the overwatch Falx coupled with the Ghost Evo has become my new favorite. Shot a concealment course with it over 1k rounds and I was capable with shooting one and two handed and hand no problems shooting at a rate of 5 per second.

That being said I'm also a fan of the other overwatch triggers as well. I do like the flat faces but also that they are wider than the Agency.

People talk about the lack of a wall in their triggers of which I'm a bug fan. My falx/Evo combo gives me that. But so does my agency with minus connector. So if that is something you are chasing then it will probably require a bit of experimentation.

Lastly my ultimate glock trigger would feel similar to a geissele trigger. I'm thinking that maybe impossible due to the design of the trigger. But in the last Shot show interview with Bill Geissele, he said that it was something they were considering but would only do if they could make it feel perfect.. Fingers crossed

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 03-18-2018, 9:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampcrip View Post
This. Cause I can't see spending over $100.00 on parts for a $425.00 gun.

Ghost Rocket gets rid of overtravel. A bit of polishing makes it smooth. Springs make the pull lighter. Total cost; $50.00 or so. Anything more is just decoration.

And when you're shooting at speed, you don't notice the trigger all that much.
Old 03-18-2018, 9:12 AM

Quote:
If you don't mind a ton of overtravel (some don't mind this) and a slightly mushier than stock connector trigger.

Springs will further reduce the weight of the pull and I've had no compromise in reliability with the basic competition spring kits over tons of rounds.