Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-12-2013, 5:09 PM

I was lucky enough to have purchased mine in October. I've only shot 21 rounds through it. I do love shooting it but now it's too expensive. I have a few rounds of the Elite Ammunition T6 I purchased 25rds/$41, now it's going for almost $300 a box on gunbroker. I might have to sell two and keep one at those prices.

Old 02-12-2013, 5:11 PM

Keep in mind, by the way, that Engel keeps submitting this year over year. It has (so far) failed to gather a single vote.
Old 02-12-2013, 9:17 PM
Dazed & Confused
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by strlen View Post
Keep in mind, by the way, that Engel keeps submitting this year over year. It has (so far) failed to gather a single vote.
Maybe she's just pissde off about the price of 5.7 ammo too.
Old 02-12-2013, 9:44 PM

Maybe we can get the bills author to make a sensible bill like banning the killing of LEOs by all methods that would have a greater impact. Why is he limiting only one method??? Just make all cop killing illegal and you have problem solved!
Old 02-13-2013, 9:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonzin View Post
H.R. 538: To protect the Nation’s law enforcement officers by banning the Five-seveN Pistol and 5.7 x 28mm SS190, SS192, SS195LF, SS196, and SS197 cartridges, testing handguns and ammunition for capability to penetrate body armor, and prohibiting the manufacture, importation, sale, or purchase of such handguns or ammunition by civilians.

Introduced:Feb 06, 2013 (113th Congress, 2013–2015)
Sponsor:Rep. Eliot Engel [D-NY16][/B]

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c113:H.R.538: Text not available Feb 12. // Librarian

Seriously?? How many LEO's have been killed with a 5.7 in the USA?

Uhm...are we restricting the sale of body armor to bad guys as well?
Old 02-13-2013, 2:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamteam View Post
This table should never be cited in a pro-gun forum again.

It doesn't prove, but implies that the majority of cops killed with rifles were killed with "assault rifles" - over 50% of cops killed with rifles were calibers .223 and 7.62x39. And based on this data, 10% of all cops killed were probably killed with "assault rifles".
The 30 caliber rifles (06 etc) were used more than 223.

The 22WMR (twin to 5.7 ballistically) is shown only once out of 500.

Looks like you could spin this anyway you want. Liars figure etc. (Twain,
a known vampire hunter)
Old 02-14-2013, 7:37 PM

fn 5.7 ftw!!! looking for a ps90 now!
Old 02-14-2013, 8:14 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamespres2001 View Post
Well according to C.S.I. (the TV Show) the ammo is already illegal.
That show probably knows more about law enforcement and guns than that of the government..

Auto-Ordnance 1911-A1 .45 ACP
Česká Zbrojovka CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm
Heckler & Koch VP9 9mm
Kimber 1911 "Raptor II" .45 ACP
Remington 870 Tactical Express 12gauge
Sig Sauer P226 MK25 Navy 9mm
Springfield Armory 1911 "MC Operator" .45 ACP
Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm
Old 02-14-2013, 8:55 PM
misanthrope
CGN Contributor

The FN 5.7 was on my bucket list. Hopefully the bill gets dumped somewhere along the way.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
The FN 5.7 was on my bucket list. Hopefully the bill gets dumped somewhere along the way.
Ya I'm in the same boat as you.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:57 PM

Okay, correct me if I'm mistaken, but IIA body armor is about the lightest thinnest type you can get. I just referenced the NIJ specifications for it and it's "rated" to protect against 9mm FMJ at 1,100 ft/s and below.

...so does that mean FMJ .357 Magnum and .17 HMR are "armor-piercing" ammunition under this dork's bill? Let's just stew in this for a moment and then contemplate, again, for the 50th time this month, why people who know nothing about guns get to write bills about them.

On the back window of a Prius; causes mental anguish to those who live in a world of stereotypes.
Old 02-16-2013, 1:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalikCarr View Post
Okay, correct me if I'm mistaken, but IIA body armor is about the lightest thinnest type you can get. I just referenced the NIJ specifications for it and it's "rated" to protect against 9mm FMJ at 1,100 ft/s and below.

...so does that mean FMJ .357 Magnum and .17 HMR are "armor-piercing" ammunition under this dork's bill? Let's just stew in this for a moment and then contemplate, again, for the 50th time this month, why people who know nothing about guns get to write bills about them.
FN makes Armor piercing round that they only sell to military and law enforcement. Civiys can get their hands on it occasionally but not from the manufacturer, that's why there is such a uproar about this gun from these libtards. They think it's some magical gun that can kill LEOs because the manufacturer make a round that can pierce some body armor.

I personally like it because of its high ammo count and how light it is. It's on my very long list of things to buy before they get banned lol
Old 02-16-2013, 3:18 PM
Banned

Add to this bill, that it will be illegal to attempt a headshot, or pelvis shot on someone wearing body armor.

Personally, I'd aim for the pelvis. It wont bob and weave as much as a head unless you're at a male stripper show..

Shatter the hip, they aint walking... hopefully catch a femoral artery too.

Yup, bill needs to include no head/pelvis shots.
Old 02-16-2013, 4:28 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Wtf, armor piercing ammo is already restricted by the ATF.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)
Old 02-19-2013, 12:42 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrogg111 View Post
7.62x25 tokarev ammo doesn't go through standard issue police vests (level IIIa)

Neither do standard 5.7 rounds. This whole ban idea is absurd and useless.
I was thinking the same thing. I thought IIIa was standard issue.
WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up. Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL
Old 02-19-2013, 3:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by postal View Post
Add to this bill, that it will be illegal to attempt a headshot, or pelvis shot on someone wearing body armor.

Personally, I'd aim for the pelvis. It wont bob and weave as much as a head unless you're at a male stripper show..

Shatter the hip, they aint walking... hopefully catch a femoral artery too.

Yup, bill needs to include no head/pelvis shots.
“Myths and legends die hard in America. We love them for the extra dimension they provide, the illusion of near-infinite possibility to erase the narrow confines of most men's reality. Weird heroes and mould-breaking champions exist as living proof to those who need it that the tyranny of 'the rat race' is not yet final.”

Hunter S. Thompson
The Great Shark Hunt: Strange Tales From a Strange Time
Old 02-19-2013, 6:00 PM
Veteran Member

What's this bill's current status?

If the antis don't want me to have a particular gun, then I need it.

There's lots of players on the team. Not everyone gets to play "Quarterback". -CEDaytonaRydr
Old 02-20-2013, 4:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalikCarr View Post

When I was involved in a test of early Kevlar armor, we found it wasn't necessary to penetrate the armor to produce a fatal or incapacitating wound. Certain types of low velocity, high kinetic energy impacts would not penetrate the fabric, but draw the fabric through the target mannequin producing horrific wounds. These impacts were made by firearms not generally associated with any armor piercing ability. Firearms were not the only means of defeating the soft armor, a particular hand tool with similarities to a popular weapon of the middle-ages would suffice.

Nothing is completely bullet proof, or even when the material stops penetration, the energy transfer can produce a blunt trauma injury sufficient to be fatal. Enough said.
Old 02-20-2013, 6:17 AM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Before checking in with his parole officer, a convicted felon's first stop can be a sporting goods store where s/he can legally purchase a crossbow with bolts capable of punching through any suit of armor, all while showing off the new ankle fashion accessory to the store clerk.

... and "they" want to ban 40-gr V-max .22 hornets ... Oh, sorry, I meant 5.7x28mm. I get confused between those two rounds because the bullet is exactly the same. The only difference is that 5.7mm is a metric measurement and .224 inches isn't.

Reloading Clubs: SF, East Bay

Case Status: Peńa v. Cid (Handgun Roster). SF v. 44Mag (Mag Parts Kits). Bauer v. Harris (DROS Fees). Davis v. LA (CCW policy). Jackson v. SF (Ammo/Storage). Teixeira (FFL Zoning). First Unitarian v. NSA (Privacy). Silvester (Waiting Period). Schoepf (DROS Delay). Haynie (AW ban). SFVPOA v. SF (10+ mag possession ban). Bear in Public: Drake (3CA); Moore (7CA); Richards, Peruta, McKay (9CA).

Last edited by fizux; 02-20-2013 at 7:24 AM..
Old 02-20-2013, 12:03 PM
Veteran Member

Aren't the AP rounds (SS190, etc) only available to Military and LE only?
Old 02-20-2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot_man View Post
Aren't the AP rounds (SS190, etc) only available to Military and LE only?
From the manufacturer, from what I've been told and seen online they can be purchased by civilians if some can get their hands on them. Just Google it, there should be some for sale.