Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 01-19-2010, 9:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstnpete View Post
My Ta31DOC States :

JN8:12

" Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the Light Of the World:
he that followeth Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the Light Of Light."
And there you go. The company that pioneered the combat night sight is saying: trust your rifle sight in the darkness and you will be able to shoot as if it were light.

If you are a Christian, then take comfort in it. If you are an anti-theist, then take it as mythological words written some guys 2000 years ago.

I still don't understand why the anti-theists get so upset about phrases that in their minds are nothing more than words written in an old book. Is naming a class of guided missile cruisers "Aegis" a violation of the 1st Amendment because it was the shield of Zeus? Is in doing so, the government somehow establishing Zeus as the supreme being?
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

Last edited by Suvorov; 01-19-2010 at 9:08 PM..
Old 01-19-2010, 9:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondMillbrae View Post
[...]Do you think the "In God We Trust" the founding fathers spoke about was not speaking of our Lord Christ? (Look at your paper money and coins).[...]
"In God We Trust" was not a sentiment of the founding fathers. It did not become the national motto until 1956(1), and did not appear on currency until 1864(2). Yes, some of us find it even more offensive on Treasury notes than on privately made riflescopes.

Last edited by lairdb; 01-19-2010 at 9:23 PM.. Reason: Fixt speling errer.
Old 01-19-2010, 9:26 PM
Señor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by lairdb View Post
"In God We Trust" was not a sentiment of the founding fathers. It did not become the national motto until 1956(1), and did not appear on currency until 1864(2). Yes, some of us find it even more offensive on Treasury notes than on privately made riflescopes.
There is Biblical precedent for finding a reference to "God" on currency offensive

Ever watch the movie "They Live"?
Wearing special lenses to block a mind-altering satellite transmission, currency was simply a white piece of paper with bold lettering "THIS IS YOUR GOD"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just gov't will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just gov't. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:21 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
And there you go. The company that pioneered the combat night sight is saying: trust your rifle sight in the darkness and you will be able to shoot as if it were light.

If you are a Christian, then take comfort in it. If you are an anti-theist, then take it as mythological words written some guys 2000 years ago.

I still don't understand why the anti-theists get so upset about phrases that in their minds are nothing more than words written in an old book. Is naming a class of guided missile cruisers "Aegis" a violation of the 1st Amendment because it was the shield of Zeus? Is in doing so, the government somehow establishing Zeus as the supreme being?
Wow... we would have to make sure no government funds go toward the entire Mercury line of cars for saying they are like the Greek God that runs fast with his winged shoes. Also, no more Mars candy (Roman God of War), Avatar the movie (reference to Hindu manifestions of Vishnu), Saturn cars (Roman God), Saturn rockets, Apollo missions to the moon (Greek God of the Sun)... sure there's more but it's late and I digress.

I'm so glad all my latest pistol acquisitions were ordered with factory Trijicon night sights... my G34, 92FSS, G26, and my G21 that was traded away.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:47 PM
Ball Pimp 4 Border Collie
CGN Contributor

We are all going to die in a holy war for things no one can prove besides hearsay....like einstein said.....

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Last edited by bubbapug1; 01-20-2010 at 8:28 AM.. Reason: toned it down
Old 01-20-2010, 12:16 AM

WWJD?

He would buck down Hadji with his ACOG ...

TFTT - Training Calendar

Nor Cal Practical Precision Rifle Club
Newman Precision Rifles
Old 01-20-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:

Great point
Old 01-20-2010, 6:46 PM
Veteran Member

Team America, **** YEAH!
Old 01-21-2010, 9:18 AM
CGN Contributor

Default new zealand round files biblical sayings

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100121/..._weapon_sights
Old 01-21-2010, 12:59 PM

Trijicon caves in and voluntarily offers to remove bible passages from their products. Sad.

http://www.trijicon.com/whats_new.cf..._newID=170#170
Old 01-21-2010, 1:01 PM

Thats nice of them, free of charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpach View Post
Just do what M Sage and others have said to do, they know what theyr talkin about. Just dont urinate in your barrel and expect ur rifle to be ok. My buddy and I recently went shooting and he shot corrosive yugo ammo through his Mosin and figured he could just piss in the barrel and call it a day. Several days later the bolt was rusted shut but I guess the fouling wasnt TOO bad.
Old 01-21-2010, 2:14 PM
Ready fo HILLARY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
There is Biblical precedent for finding a reference to "God" on currency offensive

Ever watch the movie "They Live"?
Wearing special lenses to block a mind-altering satellite transmission, currency was simply a white piece of paper with bold lettering "THIS IS YOUR GOD"
+100000000000000000000000000000 for epic movie reference.

That was my favorite scene.
Old 01-21-2010, 2:19 PM
nulla lex prohibet
CGN Contributor

Exd 22:24 at least that's what I would put on mine
Old 01-21-2010, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Provide 100 modification kits to forces in the field to remove the reference on the already forward deployed optical sights.
$20 says this "kit" is a hand-file or a piece of sandpaper.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:04 AM
Veteran Member

Tactical 400 grit wet/dry sandpaper to be exact!
Old 01-22-2010, 6:37 AM

Hadn't thought of fine sandpaper as a serial removal kit. If it fell apart during use, it would be Trijicon's only defective product. And I'm OK with that.
Old 01-26-2010, 5:59 PM

I predict that someday, the unmodified units will become valued collector's items, like Rock-Ola carbines.
Old 01-26-2010, 6:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth12 View Post
theres a difference there. the darwin fish is taking an existing religious symbol and desecrating it. it would be like taking a star of david or a sikh symbol and slightly changing it to mean something offensive... a blasphemous symbol such as the darwin fish would not be taken lightly if it were directed and any other religion than christianity.
Right, b/c christians are known for being so tolerant.
Old 01-26-2010, 7:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lairdb View Post
And Under God was only added to the Pledge of Allegiance in 1953.

lairdb's mistaken assumption is precisely what was intended by those who added the "God" references. They hopped that by putting such phrases on money and in The Pledge, that by the next generation, people would just assume they'd been there since the beginning. Very devious - and unfortunately effective.

For those who think the Founding Fathers were all Christians a few quotes:

"Question with boldness even the existence of God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." - Thomas Jefferson

"Religions are all alike - founded upon fables and mythologies." - Thomas Jefferson

"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government." - Thomas Jefferson

"In no instance have . . . the churches been guardians of the liberties of the people." - James Madison

"The divinity of Jesus is made a convenient cover for absurdity." - John Adams

"Lighthouses are more helpful than churches." - Benjamin Franklin

"I have found Christian dogma unintelligible. Early in life I absented myself from Christian assemblies." - Benjamin Franklin

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as his father, in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter." - Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-26-2010, 7:48 PM

i have the 3x9 accupoint with rev 21:23...And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
Old 01-26-2010, 7:57 PM
Veteran Member

What does that have to do with Trijicon making a product that is superior to anything that is on the market?
Old 01-26-2010, 7:58 PM
Veteran Member

would the charge me extra to put revelations 19:11 15 on my ACOG thats sitting on my christian holy hell fire moulten lead unleasher?

haa!! a "they live" reference, now the parties on. And Im all out of bubble gum.
vinz

In Memory Of Babe....I also remember the Eggs and Country fried potatoes that went with that Bacon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fot View Post
In before the penis measurements
ROFL
Old 02-09-2010, 11:01 PM

Sadly my acog is a clone. Just checked and I don't see a verse. Nice for what I paid but missing those little touches.
Old 02-11-2010, 5:41 PM

Luke 22:36 - "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
Old 02-14-2010, 6:06 AM

John 8:12

Funny how so many people had no clue this was on there for many years. Private company founded on Christian principles.

To all you antis.....Better not shop at Summit Racing. They have a biblical reference on every catalog.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:22 AM

JN 8:12 on my TA31F
Old 02-23-2010, 8:40 PM

Default Samuel L. Jackson is not a biblical scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowracer View Post
Ezekiel 25:17
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."
Although that line in Pulp Fiction sounds good, it is not a Biblical quote. Ezekiel 25:17 reads: "I will execute great vengeance on them with wrathful rebukes; and they will know that I am the LORD when I lay My vengeance on them." The first part of the quote is to my knowledge not anywhere in the bible, and it for sure is not in Ezekiel 25:17 or any of the immediately preceding verses. Also, all the scriptures on ACOGs include a reference to light.
Old 02-23-2010, 9:35 PM

geeze this thread really hit a nerve for some people. anyway mine has mathew 5:16. its a 3.5x 35 ta11f, oh yeah and btw, its SICK!
Old 02-26-2010, 1:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acorn556 View Post

Funny how so many people had no clue this was on there for many years. Private company founded on Christian principles.

To all you antis.....Better not shop at Summit Racing. They have a biblical reference on every catalog.
Mine says JN 8:12 also!
On a TA01 NSN
Old 02-26-2010, 5:49 AM
Veteran Member

Jealous... saving up for one.
Old 02-26-2010, 6:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acorn556 View Post

I haven't visited this topic for a while.

My question is when did the 'antis' get upset about these biblical verses?!?
Old 02-27-2010, 1:25 PM
Banned

Can you custom order your verse? Can they engrave in Hebrew or Aramaic?
Old 02-27-2010, 4:16 PM
Veteran Member

I doubt you can custom order one, but you can pick yours out from dealer stock, I am sure. Just have to have your Bible with you so you can look up the verses right there on the spot.
Old 02-28-2010, 8:06 PM

Quote:

I guess they are not so sure they are right! Would suck to be them and find out you're wrong - no going back at that point.

"please guys please no ridiculous offers....Im a girl, not an idiot" Mistisa242
Old 03-06-2010, 10:49 PM
Veteran Member

Just checked again... it's not on my serial # but it's on the model number right afterwards so if you aren't careful, you will miss it. The factory rubber bikini cover also covers it up since it's on top. The serial # is on the side.

Mine is 2COR4:6

2 Corinthians 4:6 (King James Version)

For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

This is so coooool! I got me a JESUS rifle! Now I am an official pork-eating Infidel!
Old 03-06-2010, 10:57 PM
Veteran Member

Just re-read the thread, seems like John 8:12 is a common one.
Old 03-07-2010, 1:59 AM
CGN Contributor

JN8:12 on mine too.

One day we will all realize we are common brothers and not let things like religion, race, skin color, preferance for glocks, and nationalism be used by crooked megalomaniac politicians to drive us to kill each other over private beliefs and map lines on paper.

Until that time its best to keep your AR and trijicon close to you.

Last edited by bubbapug1; 03-07-2010 at 9:30 AM..
Old 03-07-2010, 10:38 AM
Veteran Member

I sleep in the bath tub clutching my AR/Trijicon like Will Smith does in "I am Legend".
Old 03-08-2010, 3:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homechicken View Post
And Under God was only added to the Pledge of Allegiance in 1953.

lairdb's mistaken assumption is precisely what was intended by those who added the "God" references. They hopped that by putting such phrases on money and in The Pledge, that by the next generation, people would just assume they'd been there since the beginning. Very devious - and unfortunately effective.

For those who think the Founding Fathers were all Christians a few quotes:

"Question with boldness even the existence of God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." - Thomas Jefferson

"Religions are all alike - founded upon fables and mythologies." - Thomas Jefferson

"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government." - Thomas Jefferson

"In no instance have . . . the churches been guardians of the liberties of the people." - James Madison

"The divinity of Jesus is made a convenient cover for absurdity." - John Adams

"Lighthouses are more helpful than churches." - Benjamin Franklin

"I have found Christian dogma unintelligible. Early in life I absented myself from Christian assemblies." - Benjamin Franklin

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as his father, in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter." - Thomas Jefferson
So why then is there so many references to God and Christianity in the Constitution? And why then did these same men build this country around Christianity? Just wondering.
Old 03-08-2010, 4:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodega bob View Post
I predict that someday, the unmodified units will become valued collector's items, like Rock-Ola carbines.
I doubt it. Check Trijicon's website: http://www.trijicon.com/faq.cfm#f54

Quote:
Question: Does Trijicon inscribe biblical references on its consumer products?

Answer: Yes, Trijicon places a small biblical reference on the products we sell. It is a tradition started by our founder and we continue it as a reflection of our company values. Although Trijicon has now offered to remove these references for military issued products, we will continue to inscribe our consumer products with biblical references.
Back on topic... Mine says JN 8:12