Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Private Firearms Sales - Long Guns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Private Firearms Sales - Long Guns For the private sale of rifles, shotguns and other long guns. Read the rules before posting.

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 12:04 PM

Exclamation Sold!

Attachment 685816

I have for trade/sale a Mauser 98 in 8mm mauser. Identification is believed to be manufactured in Germany, originally assembled from J.P. Sauer & Sohn in Suhl. It was either a S/147 1937 or 147 1938 according to my sources and sporterized into a Guild-like rifle by a competent gunsmith (German). Awesome piece of history.

selling everything in the picture (minus the soft rifle case) for $450 final listing price

Attachment 685817
Attachment 685819
Attachment 685820
Attachment 685821

Condition is very good, as shown by the pictures. No rust or pitting anywhere at all, well taken care of. The bore is good, headspacing is perfect (gunsmith confirmed when purchased). The rifle is mostly matching, minus the safety and the floorplate/trigger guard. This Mauser also comes with German type claw mount bases, a nice wood sporter stock with raised stock for cheek weld, and dialed in iron sights. After the couple hundred rounds I have fired through this rifle over my 5 years of ownership I can say this is a very accurate rifle for its age, perfect loading/extraction/bolt manipulation. Stood the test of time excellently.

Specs
Caliber: 8x57 JS, .323 bore
Capacity: 5+1
Overall length: 44 inches
Barrel length: 23 inches
Weight: about 6 1/2 pounds

Included in the sale is brand new 160 cartridges of 8mm Mauser soft point ammunition (8 boxes of 20, not surplus) from Pvri Partizan. I found this ammo to be the most accurate and powerful loading compared to the downgraded American stuff. Also included are 2 used snap caps to use with the rifle (8mm), and a large ziplock bag of once used 8mm mauser brass for reloading. the canvas/leather soft rifle case in the picture is not apart of the sale

My location is Santa Cruz, CA, on the other side of the hill from San Jose. I am willing to meet with a buyer at a FFL licensed dealer/Gun store that can perform the legal transaction of your choosing. I am willing to drive as far north as Santa Clara, south as Monterey/Salinas, and east as Hollister/Gilroy/Morgan Hill.

Genuinely enjoy this rifle, hope it can find a good home. Message me direct and I will respond as quickly as possible.

PS If you would like more pictures of the rifle I would be happy to perform your request.

Last edited by scott1776; 11-06-2023 at 9:20 AM..
Old 06-16-2018, 10:38 PM

Default delete

Want to trade my Mauser rifle for a Savage Arms 308, the only model I am not looking for is an Axis. Looking for a trophy hunter, hog hunter, or stainless (I would be willing to include a little extra cash and 8mm ammo for the stainless).

must be in the bay area/monterey/hollister/santa clara

link below to my ad for the Mauser with pics

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...4#post21338074

Last edited by scott1776; 07-17-2018 at 7:48 PM..
Old 10-21-2018, 9:58 PM

Arrow sold

WTS my Ruger 77/44 stainless in 44 magnum and extras include:
-Stainless ruger scope rings
-Volquartsen competition trigger installed
-Original trigger parts
-Boresnake
-Ammunition: half a box of Remington HTP semi jacketed soft points, half a box of Winchester SUPER-X deer and black bear, and a full box of the same SUPER-X for a total of 57 cartridges
-original ruger cardboard box (if you want)

Like new only has 200 rounds down the pipe. The stock LOP just doesn't fit me well, but an excellent lightweight 5.25 lb rifle.

Looking to sell everything package deal for $550. Could go down to $500 minus the ammo. Sorry, no trades

Will travel to Metal Dog in San Jose, Outdoor World in Santa Cruz, Markleys in watsonville, or monterey.

Attachment 751379

Last edited by scott1776; 11-06-2023 at 9:20 AM..
Closed Thread