Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-16-2018, 11:20 AM
sfclandin sfclandin is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 10
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default US Army enlistment

I am SFC Landin Army recruiter. The U.S. Army is currently searching for recruits to train in the following fields:

-Military Intelligence
-Medical Specialties
-Computers and Technology
-Auto and Aviation Mechanics
-Transportation
-Engineering & Construction
-Special Forces, Ranger, Infantry and Airborne

For more info PM me!

Last edited by sfclandin; 04-03-2018 at 8:32 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-20-2018, 2:07 AM
Fizzman Fizzman is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 52
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Damn, that's pretty smart SFC. I'm a navy recruiter in 714 area, you beat me to it.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-01-2018, 10:12 PM
mikenewgun87's Avatar
mikenewgun87 mikenewgun87 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: THIS IS SPARTA!!!Wisconsin...
Posts: 7,778
iTrader: 82 / 100%
Default

Spam reported!!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-01-2018, 10:53 PM
freonr22's Avatar
freonr22 freonr22 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Jose
Posts: 12,365
iTrader: 29 / 100%
Default

Commercial sales?
__________________
<img src=http://calgunsfoundation.org/images/stories/San-Benito.jpg border=0 alt= />[IMG]file:///C:/Users/PCMECH%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/PCMECH%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.png[/IMG]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
We will win. We are right. We will never stop fighting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiese View Post
They don't believe it's possible, but then Alison didn't believe there'd be 350K - 400K OLLs in CA either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by louisianagirl View Post
Our fate is ours alone to decide as long as we remain armed heavily enough to dictate it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-01-2018, 10:57 PM
freonr22's Avatar
freonr22 freonr22 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Jose
Posts: 12,365
iTrader: 29 / 100%
Default

Upon further review

So you joined the site, to just spam?

Your 5 posts don't contribute anything, other than you desire to earn a commission

You are a crappy representative of our armed forces. Would never deal with your unethical behavior.
__________________
<img src=http://calgunsfoundation.org/images/stories/San-Benito.jpg border=0 alt= />[IMG]file:///C:/Users/PCMECH%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/PCMECH%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.png[/IMG]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
We will win. We are right. We will never stop fighting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiese View Post
They don't believe it's possible, but then Alison didn't believe there'd be 350K - 400K OLLs in CA either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by louisianagirl View Post
Our fate is ours alone to decide as long as we remain armed heavily enough to dictate it.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-02-2018, 7:50 AM
dummykid dummykid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 803
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

spam for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-02-2018, 9:28 AM
BillyGoatCrawler's Avatar
BillyGoatCrawler BillyGoatCrawler is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Northern Ca
Posts: 2,165
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Why not use .mil email address?
__________________
Kunar Prov, A'stan '08-'09, 1-26 INF
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-02-2018, 11:34 AM
someoneeasy someoneeasy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Garden Grove
Posts: 2,329
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzman View Post
Damn, that's pretty smart SFC. I'm a navy recruiter in 714 area, you beat me to it.
Fizzman, what RS are you out of? I might have someone for you.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-03-2018, 8:59 PM
sfclandin sfclandin is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 10
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Not using a .mil address on an open forum and risk getting a virus on a government computer.

-SFC Landin
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-03-2018, 11:06 PM
Endless's Avatar
Endless Endless is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ellsworth, ME/ Bend, OR
Posts: 1,432
iTrader: 29 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyGoatCrawler View Post
Why not use .mil email address?
The risk is high for a virus and it’s not allowed in our service.
__________________

US Military Veteran 1994-2015
Federal Drug Enforcement Officer 2012-2016

“An assualt rifle by definition is a rapid-fire, magazine-fed automatic rifle designed for infantry use. A semiautomatic Ar15/Ak47 type firearm with a standard magazine release is not considered an assualt rifle”......Paul LePage, Maine State Governor
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-04-2018, 12:49 AM
Snoopy47's Avatar
Snoopy47 Snoopy47 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,964
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Google searching on "SFC Landin Army Recruiting" does give surprisingly narrow search results.
__________________
Before there was Polymer there was Accuracy.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-04-2018, 6:22 AM
BillyGoatCrawler's Avatar
BillyGoatCrawler BillyGoatCrawler is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Northern Ca
Posts: 2,165
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfclandin View Post
Not using a .mil address on an open forum and risk getting a virus on a government computer.

-SFC Landin
Ah, makes sense. I was just curious. I hadn’t heard that when I was in. Not trying to take a dump on you like the others.
__________________
Kunar Prov, A'stan '08-'09, 1-26 INF
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-04-2018, 9:02 AM
RickD427's Avatar
RickD427 RickD427 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: King County
Posts: 5,659
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfclandin View Post
Not using a .mil address on an open forum and risk getting a virus on a government computer.

-SFC Landin
Eric,

This question is coming from one who was an initial user of the Navy-Marine Corps computer system (NMCI) when it stood up in 2001.

Is it your position that the private e-mail service that you used in the performance of your military duties possessed anti-viral properties that were superior to that of the U.S. Army's system?
__________________
What is really needed here is less "Tactical" thinking and more "Strategic" thinking.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-04-2018, 9:06 AM
wpage's Avatar
wpage wpage is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,261
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Go Army,,,
__________________
God so loved the world He gave His only Son... Believe in Him and have everlasting life.
John 3:16

United Air Epic Fail Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-04-2018, 10:13 AM
Snoopy47's Avatar
Snoopy47 Snoopy47 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,964
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickD427 View Post
Eric,

This question is coming from one who was an initial user of the Navy-Marine Corps computer system (NMCI) when it stood up in 2001.

Is it your position that the private e-mail service that you used in the performance of your military duties possessed anti-viral properties that were superior to that of the U.S. Army's system?
It might not be his position, but it is mine, as a military intelligence analyst.

Some are safer than others, however, those that are safer from the enemy are easier to be hacked by our own government. There truly is no winning. Write a letter and use the post office, and dumbfound them all.

The Chinese have all our data in regard to background checks for security clearances anyway.
__________________
Before there was Polymer there was Accuracy.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-04-2018, 10:36 AM
RickD427's Avatar
RickD427 RickD427 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: King County
Posts: 5,659
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy47 View Post
It might not be his position, but it is mine, as a military intelligence analyst.

Some are safer than others, however, those that are safer from the enemy are easier to be hacked by our own government. There truly is no winning. Write a letter and use the post office, and dumbfound them all.

The Chinese have all our data in regard to background checks for security clearances anyway.
Snoopy,

That may be all well and good, but it sidesteps my issue. The question was not about hacking or intrusions (I'm not so sure how much intel there is to be exploited from an initial inquiry to a recruiter). The issue was the susceptibility of the network to viral damage resulting from an e-mail.

If the private e-mail provider is regarded as being far superior to the U.S. Army in this regard, methinks we have a problem.
__________________
What is really needed here is less "Tactical" thinking and more "Strategic" thinking.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-04-2018, 1:16 PM
Endless's Avatar
Endless Endless is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ellsworth, ME/ Bend, OR
Posts: 1,432
iTrader: 29 / 100%
Default

Reality is that our security officers and training we get prohibit us from using our .mil address or leaving It on a public forum..Security is a huge concern.

I was surfing on a cbs news site and my .mil address pinged all the way over in Russia and Serbia off of their servers.

I got a call from our IT department and they asked what the heck I was doing and what site I was on. I said cbs news. Apparently they took control of my computer immediately and took it away. Then they went back and saw in video everything I did that day and said when I went to cbs an ad popped up and I cleared it away and that opened the door to my account being sent all over Russia. That fast and that simple. It was not my intention to bounce our military account all over Russia but it happened.

I also know I am not the only one this has happened to.
__________________

US Military Veteran 1994-2015
Federal Drug Enforcement Officer 2012-2016

“An assualt rifle by definition is a rapid-fire, magazine-fed automatic rifle designed for infantry use. A semiautomatic Ar15/Ak47 type firearm with a standard magazine release is not considered an assualt rifle”......Paul LePage, Maine State Governor
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-04-2018, 1:43 PM
RickD427's Avatar
RickD427 RickD427 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: King County
Posts: 5,659
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless View Post
Reality is that our security officers and training we get prohibit us from using our .mil address or leaving It on a public forum..Security is a huge concern.

I was surfing on a cbs news site and my .mil address pinged all the way over in Russia and Serbia off of their servers.

I got a call from our IT department and they asked what the heck I was doing and what site I was on. I said cbs news. Apparently they took control of my computer immediately and took it away. Then they went back and saw in video everything I did that day and said when I went to cbs an ad popped up and I cleared it away and that opened the door to my account being sent all over Russia. That fast and that simple. It was not my intention to bounce our military account all over Russia but it happened.

I also know I am not the only one this has happened to.
I get it, and thanks for sharing an eye-opening example.

But do think that a private-provider e-mail is any more secure?

Isn't this what got should have gotten Hillary Clinton and Huma Weiner in trouble?
__________________
What is really needed here is less "Tactical" thinking and more "Strategic" thinking.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-04-2018, 2:21 PM
Endless's Avatar
Endless Endless is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ellsworth, ME/ Bend, OR
Posts: 1,432
iTrader: 29 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickD427 View Post
I get it, and thanks for sharing an eye-opening example.

But do think that a private-provider e-mail is any more secure?

Isn't this what got should have gotten Hillary Clinton and Huma Weiner in trouble?
It’s crazy and I can tell you that when I worked at the Ronald V Dellums federal building in Oakland California that they have unmarked offices on the 5th or 10th floor that all they do is monitor American computer traffic and what we do and what we see. Pretty scary. I didn’t believe it till I saw it. It’s off limits to everyone except judges, federal agents and US military.

A private provider isn’t more secure but it’s safe in terms of not exposing the .mil address to unwanted viruses and the military member not getting a reprimand. I lost my computer privledges for 48 hours. I had to retake our test and had to sit through another security brief before I was given access again. And IMO I did nothing wrong. I was just checking the news. It didnt matter. We had a CWO3 as our security officer in Oakland.

Don’t get me started on Hillary. She is so corrupt I can’t even start. Just knowing what her husband was involved with in 1984 and 1988 makes me sick.
__________________

US Military Veteran 1994-2015
Federal Drug Enforcement Officer 2012-2016

“An assualt rifle by definition is a rapid-fire, magazine-fed automatic rifle designed for infantry use. A semiautomatic Ar15/Ak47 type firearm with a standard magazine release is not considered an assualt rifle”......Paul LePage, Maine State Governor

Last edited by Endless; 04-04-2018 at 4:26 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-04-2018, 4:15 PM
sierra11b sierra11b is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Elk Grove, Calif.
Posts: 330
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfclandin View Post
I am SFC Landin Army recruiter. The U.S. Army is currently searching for recruits to train in the following fields:

-Special Forces, Ranger, Infantry and Airborne

For more info PM me!
Ugly tactic, Sergeant.

Lot of us here raised our right hand, and those of us who haven't and are ambitious know where to find their local recruiters.

Sua Sponte (and all that),

sierra11b
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-04-2018, 4:23 PM
ef9boy88 ef9boy88 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 605
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

Let me start by saying I am not enlisted. Got DQd 2 days before meps for a marijuana charge when I was a kid. Apparently they stopped doing waivers for that.
This is an ugly tactic for recruitment, and I think it is even more blatant since it's literally all you have posted about.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:44 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.