Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 01-11-2018, 9:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusBoy View Post
And we've started reloading courses and will begin more social gatherings for reloading in the moths to come. The first shotshell course wrapped up last weekend.
Aww man I missed that. Darn wanted to learn how to reload 12 ga.

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk
Old 01-11-2018, 9:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDJYo View Post
Seriously? Is this at USI or is this part of the Diablo club or ? I'd definitely like to attend a class or meet up or whatever it is that you all do.
This will be a Diablo function. It will be at USI. More detail will be at the social 3rd Tuesday of the month @ 5pm. Bring your ideas. We can chat there.
kcbrown -- The Constitution is not "the Supreme Law of the Land, except in the face of contradicting law which has not yet been overturned by the courts". It is THE SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND, PERIOD. Consider very carefully what that means for your oath to uphold the Constitution.
Old 01-11-2018, 9:27 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
This will be a Diablo function. It will be at USI. More detail will be at the social 3rd Tuesday of the month @ 5pm. Bring your ideas. We can chat there.
Dang. Let my membership expire since I had no use for it since there was no USI. I'll have to check it out again and see if it's worth it, especially if USI doesn't open until 2019.
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 01-11-2018, 9:35 PM

Guests are welcome at our social... Ill let you be the judge on renewing or not. Many details still need to get sussed out but at a minimum well be holding NRA reloading classes open to both member and non member (members get priority) and hold more "social" reloading gatherings to help newbies and hold specialized sessions for different things and process.

The shotshell class we just held had 28 seats on sold out in a single day.

Hope to see you or anyone else for that matter at the social. Free food and drink both leaded and unleaded.
kcbrown -- The Constitution is not "the Supreme Law of the Land, except in the face of contradicting law which has not yet been overturned by the courts". It is THE SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND, PERIOD. Consider very carefully what that means for your oath to uphold the Constitution.
Old 01-12-2018, 7:50 PM

I plan on hosting a meet up this summer once the renovation on my house is done. I've run into some issues with the contractor that I originally hired, but we're on track now and should be good to go by late spring.
Old 01-13-2018, 5:31 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Guests are welcome at our social... Ill let you be the judge on renewing or not. Many details still need to get sussed out but at a minimum well be holding NRA reloading classes open to both member and non member (members get priority) and hold more "social" reloading gatherings to help newbies and hold specialized sessions for different things and process.

The shotshell class we just held had 28 seats on sold out in a single day.

Hope to see you or anyone else for that matter at the social. Free food and drink both leaded and unleaded.

Thanks for the info B.B.

I’m sure reloading will become more and more popular here in California.
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 01-13-2018, 9:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDJYo View Post
I’m sure reloading will become more and more popular here in California.
Yes it will. Thats why we are getting the info to our members. If we can fill them we plan to have monthly NRA reloading classes and will have monthly "reloading club" meetings that will be more focused on certain areas of reloading and more social.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:26 AM
Janitors assistant
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I can do private reloading lessons if arranged and agreed to a time. I have been having health issues in the last two years that have all but been resolved. I realize now that I was trying to do too much. I dont want to start down that road again, I am NRA certified and really just want to work with new reloaders and also be available for advice to others. I am retired so daytime works best but Saturday AM can be arranged. I have been reloading for 30+ years and am still learning. Keeping an open mind to new products and innovations.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:59 PM

Third Tuesday of the month for the Diablo club meeting? I guess I just missed it huh?
Old 01-23-2018, 6:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessdigs View Post
Third Tuesday of the month for the Diablo club meeting? I guess I just missed it huh?
I would love to attend one, but sometimes I'm sitting in traffic on 24/680 at that time.
Old 01-28-2018, 4:47 PM
Calguns Addict

I ended up getting a call a week after a putting my name down for H4350 from USI, I was shocked. Everywhere online is OOS of H4350. If its in stock its 250$ for 8 lbs. So I went to pick up my H4350 and the price was 195$ club members and 221$ for non members plus tax.
lil pricier than usual. The gentleman at the shop said they had to order it from another place than their usual go to spot.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:25 AM

Anyone know of any group buys in the east bay (or relatively close to) running at the moment ?

I need some components bullets for 45 ACP, 303 British and 308 Winchester.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:03 PM

East Bay Alameda here. I am interested in Reloading club, group buys etc and all of the above, who should I contact? It's only going to get harder for us Californians to buy ammo post 2018, unfortunately.
Old 02-28-2018, 2:26 PM

Concord here got a lotta presses just need some place to use them. When and where??
Old 03-03-2018, 8:00 AM

Interested in this as well!
Experience level: newbie
Old 03-03-2018, 8:28 AM

I'm willing to help anyone who needs advice or ideas on where to start. All I ask is that you're a decent CalGuns citizen with a decent iTrader record or some kind of post history.
Old 03-17-2018, 4:35 PM

Hello I'm in concord me and my friend have been talking about getting into reloading for awhile now... We would be doing 308,30-30, 357, and since i get to pick up my 1911 tuesday 45 and in the future 460 rowland

would be awesome to meet up with someone with experience to get advice on equipment and some hands on learning. after reading some in this thread I will be joining Diablo club.

If anyone has the time to spare we have money for pizza or what not.

if not no worries will continue reading and learning along the way
Old 03-18-2018, 7:08 AM

My advice is to buy a couple of used reloading books off of ebay
and get a couple of hi-liters and notebook tabs .
Hi-lite and tab info / questions , then ask away .
Old 03-19-2018, 9:01 AM

Putting this out here... There are a couple of spots still open for a NRA Metallic Cartridge Reloading class being given April 7th.

https://diablorodandgun.com/?p=5189
Old 03-19-2018, 9:53 AM

Just joined up NRA is nothing else so I can register for that class... Now just gotta wait for my membership number
Old 03-19-2018, 10:21 AM

Thanks for the helpful emails... Secured my position in that class
Old 04-18-2018, 4:16 PM

I'm trying to do some serious reloading this weekend. Anyone wanna meet up and run some dillons with me?
Old 04-18-2018, 5:15 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamous View Post
Thanks for the helpful emails... Secured my position in that class

How was the class?
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 05-17-2018, 9:01 AM

Diablo Rod & Gun is hosting another NRA Reloading Class.

NRA Shot Shell Reloading this time around. These classes are for the new reloader who seeks knowledge in learning reloading, the components, safety and other aspects. Experienced folks might find the class redundant unless you are looking for the NRA certification.

There will also be monthly "Reloading Club" meetings that will be held on the 3rd Tuesday of every month during the clubs social gathering where food and drink are provided. Come on by.

Old 10-05-2018, 6:01 PM
Calguns Addict

Sure is quiet in here. I know I’m not the only one reloading in the east bay. With all this extra time off I have, Ive been busy cleaning brass and reloading 1,500 rounds of 45 acp.

Might be time to have a small garage sale of items I no longer use/need.
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 10-05-2018, 6:25 PM

Nice. Let me know if I can stop by and set up a for sale table. I have two pounds of Clays I can't find anyone to take in the marketplace. Might also be fun just to shoot the **** with my fellow reloaders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2018, 8:08 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy_gun415 View Post
Nice. Let me know if I can stop by and set up a for sale table. I have two pounds of Clays I can't find anyone to take in the marketplace. Might also be fun just to shoot the **** with my fellow reloaders.

Will do.
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 10-05-2018, 8:46 PM

You inspired me to load my first rounds in months. Let's see if I can get 100 .308 rounds ready before checking out tonight. 190 grain Nosler HPBT over 43 grains of Varget. Cases are already trimmed, sized, and primed.

Old 10-05-2018, 9:46 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
You inspired me to load my first rounds in months. Let's see if I can get 100 .308 rounds ready before checking out tonight. 190 grain Nosler HPBT over 43 grains of Varget. Cases are already trimmed, sized, and primed.

Right on. Let us know how it goes.
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 10-06-2018, 10:05 AM

It's getting to be that time of year again. It will soon be cool enough to be in my garage all day reloading.
I'm down to host a Meetup at my Concord house. Just let me know if you are interested, and what works for you guys. I need to bring my press down from p'ville and straighten up my garage a bit.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2018, 2:30 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
It's getting to be that time of year again. It will soon be cool enough to be in my garage all day reloading.
I'm down to host a Meetup at my Concord house. Just let me know if you are interested, and what works for you guys. I need to bring my press down from p'ville and straighten up my garage a bit.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thanks Jess! I’m definitely interested. I’m in Martinez, so close by. Let me know.
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 10-10-2018, 1:05 PM

Hey guys, I just picked up a used single stage from someone on Craigslist and they told me they are doing a semi estate sale for a family member that had a ton of reloading supplies. The woman selling the stuff knows what she has (was an armorer) so won't take any ridiculously low offers, but you still might be able to get a killer deal on something. She has lead, molds, hella shotgun reloading stuff, a Lyman single stage, powder, primers yada yada yada. If you're looking for something specific just email her and she's been very responsive. She is in the Concord area.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/spo...712763528.html
Old 10-12-2018, 5:59 PM
Veteran Member

Darn posting expired.
Quote:
Hey guys, I just picked up a used single stage from someone on Craigslist and they told me they are doing a semi estate sale for a family member that had a ton of reloading supplies. The woman selling the stuff knows what she has (was an armorer) so won't take any ridiculously low offers, but you still might be able to get a killer deal on something. She has lead, molds, hella shotgun reloading stuff, a Lyman single stage, powder, primers yada yada yada. If you're looking for something specific just email her and she's been very responsive. She is in the Concord area.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/spo...712763528.html
Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2018, 5:34 PM
Calguns Addict

Reloaded 800 rounds of 45 ACP over the course of a few sessions, taking my time.

Strangely came across 2 split cases??? The only way I found them was when I put them thru the case gauge (I do this for all rounds I reload). Doing a bit of research, it won't lead to any huge problems if I accidentally shot them, but I hate winding up with uneven number of rounds. I guess I have a few primered cases that I can use for malfunction drills! Hahaha!
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 12-27-2018, 8:31 AM

You guys are a bad influence!

I saw this and had a lazy day yesterday with the family so prepped and loaded 300 plinking rounds of 223. I had half a bottle of AR comp sitting in the safe so paired it with some extreme plated projectiles. Noticed all I have left is 3lb of varget so looks like im making an order today. Now to find a sale

I am in Disco Bay but work in Concord/Martinez I am down for a meet and to shoot the ____!

-Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-27-2018, 11:38 AM

Company sent me to Boston to help with an emergency over there, then got sent back and have been working the camp fire in Paradise ever since. I haven't had time to do anything but work, eat, shower, sleep. Hopefully I will get going again before the heat comes back
Old 01-08-2019, 8:55 PM

Quote:
Company sent me to Boston to help with an emergency over there, then got sent back and have been working the camp fire in Paradise ever since. I haven't had time to do anything but work, eat, shower, sleep. Hopefully I will get going again before the heat comes back
Agreed. I got a Lee Load Master in 9mm to set up for the first time. Just need to get the garage organized from moving in. I have a decent amount of outdoor space to have a few people over.
Old 01-09-2019, 3:52 PM
Veteran Member

Id offer,
But I can barely fit in my shop lol. Let alone host.
Pacific single stage.
550 Dillon.
550c Dillon case fed.
Mec 650.
Mec grabber.
Mec 600.
9, 40, 38, 357, 10, 44, 223, soon 308, 3030, 762x39.
Casting,
Bunch of stuff.
Horrible hobby lol.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2019, 11:00 PM

So .. if I hosted a small group, do you all bring your press or do we all just share using the tools I have?
Old 03-09-2019, 7:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalArkansas View Post
So .. if I hosted a small group, do you all bring your press or do we all just share using the tools I have?
I think it's kind of up to the person hosting on what they would prefer to do.