Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 01-16-2017, 10:24 PM

Default I should pass on a free "Patriot" Front Sight membership, right?

A friend of my wife offered us two of her three "TBD" memberships. She has a Patriot-level membership. I wasn't that concerned that only a handful of free classes are available to the Patriot-level members, as I have a couple relatives who said they've give me certificates for any class I wanted to take at Front Sight.

We started to do the transfer of a membership on the Front Sight website and it said there was a $100 transfer fee. After seeing that I stopped, as I think that if I'm going to be in this for any money, I'm better off obtaining a Diamond membership for a few tens of dollars, and paying the transfer fee, if there is one. Is this the correct thinking?

We have a house in Las Vegas (55 minutes from Front Sight according to Google Maps) which we visit often, so there is little incremental cost for us to get to Front Sight.

Last edited by BuddyBoy; 01-16-2017 at 10:32 PM..
Old 01-18-2017, 7:13 PM

Depending on when and how your friend got the membership there should be an option for Front Sight (Dr P) to pay the transfer fee. It has to do wether your friend gets a free replacement membership after the transfer. Get the membership that covers the classes you want to take. That should be the Diamond. Then send all the SPAM email with the numerous upgrade offers to your junk folder

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-06-2019, 7:53 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

So what's the deal? We would like to take the two day tactical handgun and two day tactical rifle classes. For $100 it sounds like a deal. Is it a time share deal?
Old 01-07-2019, 12:34 PM

From my understanding, a low level patriot membership can't be upgraded to a diamond membership or higher by buying it from another member to replace your existing membership. If you decide to take more classes than what is available in the limited patriot membership you have to go through front sight to upgrade which costs $$$$.

Last edited by autoduel; 01-07-2019 at 12:38 PM..
Old 01-07-2019, 1:11 PM

Grab your women and run for your lives...
Old 01-07-2019, 1:24 PM

Itís a money making thing for them. Thy do offer the training. But always after more money Iím upgrades.
Old 01-07-2019, 1:39 PM
Veteran Member

Just get a Diamond membership for about $80-$100 from a member here. You don't need anything else.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
Grab your women and run for your lives...

Lol.
Old 01-11-2019, 6:13 AM
Calguns Addict

Pass. It’s going to cost you money later to upgrade to the higher levels where you can take the more fun classes. At least go for Diamond.

I made the mistake of giving my daughter a Liberty Tree and now to take anything beyond the basic classes, she has to pay $500 to upgrade, despite the fact that I have higher levels to give her for free. And, no, she couldn’t register as a completely new student either.

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Old 01-11-2019, 7:09 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanz2 View Post
Pass. Itís going to cost you money later to upgrade to the higher levels where you can take the more fun classes. At least go for Diamond.

I made the mistake of giving my daughter a Liberty Tree and now to take anything beyond the basic classes, she has to pay $500 to upgrade, despite the fact that I have higher levels to give her for free. And, no, she couldnít register as a completely new student either.
I'm pretty sure you can give her higher levels, no?
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." - Ronald Reagan
Old 01-11-2019, 1:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscoduc View Post
I'm pretty sure you can give her higher levels, no?
I can, but last time I tried, FS charges $500 to change from Liberty Tree to Diamond, although I have the Diamond membership to give her.

If there is a way to do that for less, Iím all eyes

Old 01-11-2019, 1:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanz2 View Post
Pass. Itís going to cost you money later to upgrade to the higher levels where you can take the more fun classes. At least go for Diamond.

I made the mistake of giving my daughter a Liberty Tree and now to take anything beyond the basic classes, she has to pay $500 to upgrade, despite the fact that I have higher levels to give her for free. And, no, she couldnít register as a completely new student either.
All she has to do is change her name to ďDaveĒ and register again. He is from California, after all.
Old 01-11-2019, 5:55 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrkba View Post
All she has to do is change her name to ďDaveĒ and register again. He is from California, after all.
LOL. She is moving to NV as we speak.

1hr away from FS, in fact.