Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 04-21-2014, 4:10 AM

Its only been 3 days since my interview and livescan but I am already getting impatient!

I want my 2nd Amendment rights NOW!
How long is the average wait time for interview=>approval/denial(hopefully it is an approval)?
Old 04-21-2014, 6:24 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAB_81 View Post
Sheriff Moore has been infringing on the 2A rights of 99+% of San Joaquin County residents for as long as he's been in office. My opinion is that the ONLY reason he decided to change his CCW policies in accordance to the Peruta Decision so early, is because he's legitimately concerned about losing the upcoming election. I believe this was a last ditch effort to bring back voters who support Withrow solely for his his stance on CCW. Obviously he would have eventually had to comply, but he sure changed his tone in a hurry for some reason (while other agencies dug in their heels & waited for an appeal).
Sheriff Moore knows that his anti CCW stance was costing him voters and, more importantly, it was pushing pro-2nd A activists into Withrow's camp.

So, he looked at the odds of San Joaquin remaining anti-CCW to see if it was worth risk him loosing the election. For SJ to remain anti, Withrow would have to lose AND Peruta would have to be reversed. Let's say the odds of Withrow losing are 66% (2 out of 3) but the odds of Peruta failing are only 20% (1 out of 5). That means even if Moore does win reelection, the odds are 4:1 that the Ninth Circuit is going to force Moore to issue CCWs, so why put his own POLITICAL future at risk by continuing to be an anti???

Remember: Moore does NOT care about public safety or our Constitutional RKBA. He ONLY cares about what is good for his political future. Never forget: most anti sheriffs are NOTHING but "politicians with guns & badges" and knowing that is how we get them to do what WE want.

225+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif
Old 04-21-2014, 6:41 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Sheriff Moore knows that his anti CCW stance was costing him voters and, more importantly, it was pushing pro-2nd A activists into Withrow's camp.

So, he looked at the odds of San Joaquin remaining anti-CCW to see if it was worth risk him loosing the election. For SJ to remain anti, Withrow would have to lose AND Peruta would have to be reversed. Let's say the odds of Withrow losing are 66% (2 out of 3) but the odds of Peruta failing are only 20% (1 out of 5). That means even if Moore does win reelection, the odds are 4:1 that the Ninth Circuit is going to force Moore to issue CCWs, so why put his own POLITICAL future at risk by continuing to be an anti???

Remember: Moore does NOT care about public safety or our Constitutional RKBA. He ONLY cares about what is good for his political future. Never forget: most anti sheriffs are NOTHING but "politicians with guns & badges" and knowing that is how we get them to do what WE want.
Well said sir!
Old 04-21-2014, 9:54 AM

Picked up my CCW this morning. For all those wondering about that picture they took, yup its on your CCW!
Old 04-21-2014, 8:52 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09rubicon View Post
Picked up my CCW this morning. For all those wondering about that picture they took, yup its on your CCW!
Congrats!!!! How long did the whole process take? 2 1/2 months?
Old 04-21-2014, 9:01 PM

Since I missed the call back on Friday, I called again this morning 9:45, got the call back at 12:10 and the appointment for next Monday
Old 04-21-2014, 9:35 PM

What is this tiling me people who called early and got late appointment are getting shafted and sent to the back of the line even though they 1st in line . Another reason why this sheriff and his staff are not being fair
Old 04-21-2014, 9:48 PM

Default San Joaquin - *** TIME TO APPLY!!! ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsalud View Post
Congrats!!!! How long did the whole process take? 2 1/2 months?

Total was just under 5 weeks for approval, 7 weeks if you count the class (everyone is back logged)!

I have asked a lot of questions of SJSD throughout this process and learned a lot. Though I ask that you keep legal questions directed at the lawyers (yes, the real BAR certified type) I will be happy to answer any questions you may have here or in pm. The more we have applying and being approved the better!

Last edited by 09rubicon; 04-21-2014 at 9:53 PM..
Old 04-22-2014, 5:11 AM

Congrats to all that got approved. Good luck to the rest of us . Any have been denied since February?
Old 04-23-2014, 5:02 PM

any one under 30 got approved?
Old 04-23-2014, 6:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3of9 View Post

Not sure. 34 here.
Old 04-23-2014, 6:30 PM

Man was that young blond at the counter rude or what. :-(:-(:-( . All and all was ok interview. But I was asked what you mean personal protection can you explain?. I found it strange that I was asked to explain what they say is an acceptable good cause. But anyhow step 2 is done. Now wait . He told me more like 6 to 8 week before I hear any thing. Good luck to all.
Old 04-23-2014, 6:37 PM

Quote:
Total was just under 5 weeks for approval, 7 weeks if you count the class (everyone is back logged)!

I have asked a lot of questions of SJSD throughout this process and learned a lot. Though I ask that you keep legal questions directed at the lawyers (yes, the real BAR certified type) I will be happy to answer any questions you may have here or in pm. The more we have applying and being approved the better!
I asked a million questions myself during the interview. I just get impatient when waiting for things haha. Thank you for the time line on your app. I hope mine will go as smoothly as yours did.
Old 04-23-2014, 7:59 PM

Was supposed to have an appt late may called a couple days ago and took a appt for today.. Went real smooth 25 min in and out including live scan
Old 04-23-2014, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3of9 View Post

Yes. I was 29 when I got approved on April 2nd. Turned 30 on the 15th though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2014, 2:56 PM

This is for the guys who are wondering the time frame. I am going to post in here the dates.etc as time goes by.
2/24/14. I called for the appointment.
4/24/14. Had my appointment at 2:00pm.
Interview lasted 15 min.
Livescan took 5 min.
I will update when I get approved or denied.

Last edited by 1919A4; 07-07-2014 at 1:40 PM..
Old 04-24-2014, 2:58 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1919A4 View Post
They suggested I add a 3rd pistol to the app to avoid the headache of adding it later.
Well, that's a good sign!

Old 04-24-2014, 3:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor McRifle View Post
Well, that's a good sign!
Yes and no. They are so swamped they are not really prioritizing modifications to existing licenses right now. Sucks for someone that already has a license and may want to add their shinny new shield or G42 to it.
Old 04-24-2014, 4:51 PM

So can we qualify for multiple pistols in one class or do we have to take another training class to qualify for the second pistol?
Old 04-24-2014, 5:25 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

One class. You just have to pay extra for the class.
Old 04-24-2014, 6:36 PM

Quote:
Yes and no. They are so swamped they are not really prioritizing modifications to existing licenses right now. Sucks for someone that already has a license and may want to add their shinny new shield or G42 to it.

I bought a PM9 the day before I got approved and I asked if I should come in the day I bought it to get it added to my application and they said no they will just do it when I pick up the license so it must not be too hard to get a new license with your new gun.

Old 04-24-2014, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209Sanger View Post
I bought a PM9 the day before I got approved and I asked if I should come in the day I bought it to get it added to my application and they said no they will just do it when I pick up the license so it must not be too hard to get a new license with your new gun.

New license no, it's not completely filled out until you go pick it up. You have to sign it and bring qualification proof before they laminate it. Existing licenses would have to go back up to Sheriff Moore for his signature/stamp and then be resigned by you.
Old 04-25-2014, 9:44 AM

I see

Old 04-25-2014, 10:05 AM

Looking forward to going the GOC dinner tonight in Citrus Heights, hope to see some of you there. Also, we are having a golf tournament at Brookside Country Club on Monday, walk-ups welcome. Have a safe weekend.
Old 04-28-2014, 7:46 PM

did anyone check out the sample ballot?? Withrow is a registered Democrap(err...democrat)....oh yeah....the democrats are known for being tough on crime....you guys are being sold a bill of goods and don't even realize it.....
Old 04-29-2014, 9:13 AM

Dang. I went in the same day as 09Rubicon and the DOJ still hasn't completed my Livescan. The FBI got back in 7 days but the DOJ is still "processing" me. I wrote the DOJ with a form provided on their website to get someone to look into it. I am hoping to hear back soon. The Sheriff's department said it is out of their hand until they get something back from the DOJ. I dros'd a handgun recently so I am surprised that I am getting delayed for my ccw. This is very frustrating.

Last edited by mmayer707; 04-29-2014 at 9:16 AM..
Old 04-29-2014, 9:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmayer707 View Post
Dang. I went in the same day as 09Rubicon and the DOJ still hasn't completed my Livescan. The FBI got back in 7 days but the DOJ is still "processing" me. I wrote the DOJ with a form provided on their website to get someone to look into it. I am hoping to hear back soon. The Sheriff's department said it is out of their hand until they get something back from the DOJ. I dros'd a handgun recently so I am surprised that I am getting delayed for my ccw. This is very frustrating.

Be patient, it will be worth it in the end. It is sad we have to jump through so many hoops for a right, but for right now just stay the course.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Be patient, it will be worth it in the end. It is sad we have to jump through so many hoops for a right, but for right now just stay the course.
Thanks. It is just bizarre to me that we did our livescan the same day, but mine is being held up. Frickin' DOJ!
Old 05-03-2014, 12:24 AM

Finally picked mine up 2 days ago!

Old 05-03-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcampoJim View Post
did anyone check out the sample ballot?? Withrow is a registered Democrap(err...democrat)....oh yeah....the democrats are known for being tough on crime....you guys are being sold a bill of goods and don't even realize it.....
Mr. AcampoJim,
Once again you underestimate the intelligence of the men and women of Calguns. They know exactly who I am and what I stand for. They didn't wait to get a sample ballot to find out who and what I am. They know I'm a 26 year veteran of our department with (4) Officer of the Year nominations. They know I've stood toe to toe with the bad guys in San Joaquin County and prevailed in (3) different shootings. They know I was (5) years on our SWAT team and first in the door with my K9. They know I believe they have the right to protect themselves, their families and their neighbors and they know for the past 71/2 years they have not been allowed to do that with our current Sheriff. My actions speak louder than a politicians words.
Old 05-03-2014, 6:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k6withrow View Post
Mr. AcampoJim,

Once again you underestimate the intelligence of the men and women of Calguns. They know exactly who I am and what I stand for. They didn't wait to get a sample ballot to find out who and what I am. They know I'm a 26 year veteran of our department with (4) Officer of the Year nominations. They know I've stood toe to toe with the bad guys in San Joaquin County and prevailed in (3) different shootings. They know I was (5) years on our SWAT team and first in the door with my K9. They know I believe they have the right to protect themselves, their families and their neighbors and they know for the past 71/2 years they have not been allowed to do that with our current Sheriff. My actions speak louder than a politicians words.

Mr. Withrow,
Though this is not the correct forum, since your here I will ask. What is your stance on citizens right to privacy in the growing realm of LE surveillance. Specifically where do you see the line being drawn between "for the public safety" and the right and expectation of privacy. I know this isn't an easy question to answer in general terms so answer as you may.
Old 05-03-2014, 9:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k6withrow View Post
Mr. AcampoJim,
Actions do speak louder than words.....and since you brought up actions....when are you going to release your personnel file like you promised during the tax payers forum??

And since you bring it up....why only 5 years out of a 26 year career on SWAT?

And since you bring it up....isn't it a fact that crime in the ounty is down since Sheriff Moore took office?
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...ornia_2013.xls

Again.....prob not the right forum.....but Withrow opened the door......
Old 05-03-2014, 9:42 PM

Quote:
Mr. Withrow,
Though this is not the correct forum, since your here I will ask. What is your stance on citizens right to privacy in the growing realm of LE surveillance. Specifically where do you see the line being drawn between "for the public safety" and the right and expectation of privacy. I know this isn't an easy question to answer in general terms so answer as you may.
OMG!!! An intelligent question....folks he gonna have probs with this one....prob several emails going between his campaign flunkies as to how to answer it....this should be good....

Side bets anyone???
Old 05-03-2014, 9:54 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

How about starting a new thread and taking your fight there. You're right, this thread isn't the right forum.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
----------------------------------------------------------------
Have you taken The Pistolero Challenge?
Old 05-03-2014, 10:41 PM
Calguns Addict

A few things here.

AcampoJim, Sheriff Moore has had a long history of being anti-gun and only changed policy with Peruta.

Party means nothing in the sheriff's race. It's a non-partisan office. The only thing we should judge him by is how specifically would he help the CCW process in San Joaquin County Sheriff's if elected. Sheriff Moore has a long history of being un-cooperative in the carry license front, and told people, despite his NRA membership credentials, that he didn't trust people to carry.
Old 05-04-2014, 3:43 AM

If Peruta somehow got shot down and Moore got reelected he would revoke all the ccw's he recently issued. I don't trust the little man. He needs to go away.
Old 05-04-2014, 9:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CpuFixrMan View Post
How about starting a new thread and taking your fight there. You're right, this thread isn't the right forum.

You're absolutely right, sorry about that. 09rubicon, please give me a call any time at 209-603-3780 so we can discuss.
Old 05-05-2014, 6:03 PM

Called on May 1st to get my appointment. I am now scheduled for an interview on May 13th. I am in the younger crowd at only 24 but will be happy to post results shortly after.
Old 05-05-2014, 6:56 PM

I have my appointment on the ninth I'm 27 turning 28 on the 13th
Old 05-05-2014, 9:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CpuFixrMan View Post

ordinarily...I would agree...but...this thread seems to have most of the local attention...and Withrow does not seem to like putting stuff in public....he much prefers to bury it....so far...I have seen at least two cases on his Facebook page where postings critical of him have disappeared.......he likes the 'if only I can talk to you one on one' schtick......

AND the Withrow fan bois have beating the Withrow drum for many pages....

And unlike Sheriff Moore...I have some real doubt's about how transparent Withrow will be if he gets in office....

To bring this back on topic....at least Sheriff Moore is now issuing....I really doubt you can put this kitty back in the bag....the only way I see that happening is if there is something statewide that forces ALL sheriffs to stop issuing or tightens the requirements for them all...also remember...there is legislation out there that aims to shift the responsibility for ccws to the state....if that passes.......