Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

View Poll Results: How Do You Feel About Business's Supporting These Kind Of Events?
Great idea... bring it on! 24 68.57%
This could ruin the business's reputation 1 2.86%
No big deal... but I would go if there were hotdog's 10 28.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 10:47 PM

Default Hosting 2A Event in Rocklin CA In Peaceful Protest of AB 144 and Richards v Prieto

Allow me to start off by saying, I wish I could do this on a weekend, but I simply cannot make any weekend days work for this in my families schedule.

I would do this later in the month, but I want to act swiftly in response to what has taken place today. Some of you may see/read about what happened and think little of it after tomorrow, but this is the time to do just the opposite. We need to stand together and do the right things to assert our rights.

In light of my feelings on this, I would like to host an event at my place of business this Wednesday the 18th of May. From 11AM to 8PM, if you are in any way able to come down to Rocklin CA, take a moment to stop in at Norcal Nutrition, 2164 Sunset Blvd #201. I welcome open carriers, as I am just outside of a GFSZ. While you are there, I invite you to place a bid on a product package that I will put together with a value of over $100.00. The proceeds from this silent auction will be sent in full to Calguns to assist with it's Sunshine Initiative. The winning bid will be placed in the county of the winning bidders choice. You do not need to be present to win, I will gladly ship the product free of charge to the winning bidder.

I honestly don't think a news station will consider this news worthy, but I have sent an invitation to a local news station to cover this event nonetheless.

I would also hope that others in business around the state can do similar things to invite peaceful open carry protest and donate some amount of product or service to the Calguns cause.

Even if only 3 of you come by and bid less than 50 bucks, I will consider this a success. Of course I hope we can all do more.

For those of you who come in for this event and wish to make a purchase, I will donate 10% to The Calguns Foundation.

Time to ACT, Time to DONATE, Time to WIN!
Old 05-17-2011, 7:38 AM
Calguns Addict

I'll probably swing by around lunch or directly after work. Would be glad to participate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadbolt View Post
watching this state and country operate is like watching a water park burn down. doesn't make sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama
Team 6 showed up in choppers, it was so cash. Lit his house with red dots like it had a rash. Navy SEALs dashed inside his house, left their heads spinning...then flew off in the night screaming "Duh, WINNING!"
Old 05-17-2011, 8:43 AM

The news director from a local TV station just contacted me. There may actually be press at this event. I'll try to get a time commitment from them if they indeed say they will be there and report back with more details.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:28 AM

I will do my best to come by. Need to get up to that area for some other business anyway. Most likely late afternoon.

“Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can” Samual Adams
Old 05-17-2011, 10:55 AM

The guy covering the opening shift today just got a phone call from a
Fellow Calgunner. Please keep in mind, I own the store, but I am not working there till after 4:00 PM today. If you would like to call for details, please call after that time. Thanks!
Old 05-17-2011, 11:14 AM

I will try to stop there before going to work.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:55 PM

I have received word from the press contact that he is researching open carry stories and angles to see how he would cover this event, if indeed he decides to. To help nail down a time being that this is short notice, I have told him it might be best to shoot for sometime around 6:00 PM being that is when most people would be off work and able to come down to show support. This is just an arbitrary time and means little until I know for sure if this journalist will commit. I'll continue to update on this status as I find out more.
Old 05-17-2011, 1:00 PM

I'll stop by at some point.
I don't UOC, but I'll throw a 1911 on while there.
Old 05-17-2011, 1:06 PM
=★= TRUMP 2024 =★=
CGN Contributor

I too think this is a good thing, but I'm 63,472,648,762 miles from Rocklin.

Good Luck guys!

The 2nd Amendment Explained
Old 05-17-2011, 1:36 PM

Keep in mind... I am not "encouraging" open carry, I am simply welcoming of it. If it is not your style do do it whenever and wherever possible, please do not feel obligated to do so here. I want everyone, including the calgunners that arrive to feel comfortable... even if that comfort is only to have a clear hip free of obstructions.
Old 05-17-2011, 2:16 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

lately polls have been sucking, not going because i don't want to be on tv.
Old 05-17-2011, 2:25 PM

So can I CCW and UOC at the same time One of the only good things about Sacramento County.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:26 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtptwo View Post
So can I CCW and UOC at the same time One of the only good things about Sacramento County.
Rocklin is in Placer county...

OIF 07-09 Veteran
NRA Endowment Member, CRPA Life Member
Old 05-17-2011, 2:33 PM
Calguns Addict

Please, whoever does go, leave the camo outfits etc. home. Last thing we need is to be portrayed as yahoos.

Have a single spokesperson (articulate).
CGN

Last edited by RP1911; 05-17-2011 at 2:35 PM..
Old 05-17-2011, 3:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP1911 View Post
Please, whoever does go, leave the camo outfits etc. home. Last thing we need is to be portrayed as yahoos.

Have a single spokesperson (articulate).
^^^^This! I am already getting enough crap from my staff... so yes, please keep it family... soccor mom friendly... hehe!
Old 05-17-2011, 4:35 PM
Banned

Sounds like fun!!! Talk to one of the CGF guys (or even me!) before you talk to the TV folks.

We may likely have some good talking points that will help you get out a consistent message, etc. . .
Old 05-17-2011, 5:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklander View Post
Sounds like fun!!! Talk to one of the CGF guys (or even me!) before you talk to the TV folks.

We may likely have some good talking points that will help you get out a consistent message, etc. . .
PM'd you with my number.
Old 05-17-2011, 5:38 PM

The press is a no go... below are the exact comments from the press contact I have been working with today. Please understand, I wish to keep the name of the contact and their station under wraps for now. I feel confident though that this person would make an unbiased approach.

ME:
Coming near the end of the day. Any indication if we should expect you tomorrow?

PRESS CONTACT:
I think it's an issue to look at, but today with the city cutting 167 officers, the governor love child, the Kings draft, and the freak storms, it's not on my radar. I do want to look at the issue.... is there a next step on this that you know of? I was thinking maybe when the legislature votes on it, it's time to cover it again.

....... This is as of about 20 minutes ago. I have handed this on to the Calguns powers that be. The good news is, we have their attention on this ever important story! The silent auction is still a go. I look forward to any and all of you who can make it. I'll be here all day tomorrow from 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 5:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchbaby View Post
For those of you who come in for this event and wish to make a purchase, I will donate 10% to The Calguns Foundation.
Makes me wish I lived closer. Mind shipping some stuff? I'd rather send my money your way than to some nutrition supply giant.

-Brandon
Old 05-17-2011, 6:04 PM

I don't mind shipping at all. I'll even split shipping cost with you. Feel free to look up the shop online norcalnut.com to get details for calling. If anyone actually wants to call in orders tomorrow... I will do the same 10% donation to calguns. I really want to get as much support for this in light of recent events as possible! I wish I could do this more often and with every single sale... but I understand times are tight... so to even do what little we can is a little more than what would have been done otherwise!
Old 05-17-2011, 8:12 PM

Can you move the date to one of these days 5/28-30/11, i will be able to make it one of those days

295th, ETS 1989
Old 05-17-2011, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Grendel View Post
Can you move the date to one of these days 5/28-30/11, i will be able to make it one of those days
There is always a trouble maker... LOL

I wish! Saturday would be so much better... but alas... I don't have an easy way out of daddy duty.
Old 05-18-2011, 9:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchbaby View Post
There is always a trouble maker... LOL....

Well I do what I can

I will be there (Lincoln) through the holiday weekend I don’t know what I can purchase from you I still have 10lb unopened bag of whey but if you have non-daddy days I would be happy to swing by. We can discuss how dissatisfied I am that you could not work your schedule around my needs.

Side note: I plan on finding a range while I am there maybe you can recommend one??

295th, ETS 1989
Old 05-17-2011, 10:26 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Great idea. Calgunner get-togethers are always fun, anyway. Good on 'yer for organizing it.

Remember folks, one of the reasons we do this is because it's fun.

BTW - I'm sure that Rocklin/Sacto has its own NRA Members Council. They might like to attend, too (yes, I know it's short notice). Folks, these events are made for cross-posting to other forums like OpenCarry.org. Please do what you can to publicize them.

90% of winning is simply showing up.

"Let's not lose sight of how much we reduced our carbon footprint by telecommuting this protest." 383green

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 05-17-2011, 10:59 PM

If anybody ever decides to do anything like this I would love to put out notice to the open carry groups but I just heard about this. I will be there of course. Let me know if you need talking points on open carry. I can share some of my documents since I lobby on open carry and right to carry items.
Old 05-18-2011, 9:41 AM
Veteran Member

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Grendel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppy8a9 View Post
If anybody ever decides to do anything like this I would love to put out notice to the open carry groups but I just heard about this. I will be there of course. Let me know if you need talking points on open carry. I can share some of my documents since I lobby on open carry and right to carry items.
I would love to make it as well, but can't (too short of notice).

If there is ever an event like this, and it could be CGF/N sanctioned at the same time, that would be a huge bonus.

2A is incorporated, which (to me) means that it should be protected. No, I'm not asking to be a test case...

But back to digressing, it might be too late to push the date forward. Maybe we can have a CGF/N sanctioned, or member organized (like this one) UOC event again in the future, and I would be there (and I'll bring Sig with me).

Erik.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:13 PM
Calguns Addict

I would but I don't own any firearms and open carrying rifles in public is pretty much a bad idea.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:15 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNP'R View Post
I would but I don't own any firearms and open carrying rifles in public is pretty much a bad idea.
... you don't own any firearms??? wahhh?

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice, but let me remind you also that moderation in the persuit of justice is no virtue" -Barry Goldwater

“Remember that a government big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take away everything you have.” -Gerald Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudakidd View Post
I want Blood for Oil. Heck I want Blood for Oil over hand wringing sentiment!
^
Old 05-17-2011, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNP'R View Post
You should always support efforts that fund our rights and activities to maintain them. This event is not just open carry it is supportive of CalGuns. AB 144 does not JUST ban open carry, it affects many rights and screws up much of what has been worked on for fixing.

Gun legislation of any type like this have hidden agendas.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:15 AM

To 1 Grendel... PM Me... I have a couple ideas where you can shoot.

Window Seat... I am typically living tight on funds, but keep room in the product for police fire and military discounts.... My investors wouldn't be too hot on me diverting what would otherwise be discount funds to CGF on a regular basis, but I would be happy to host online/instore shopping days where 10% would be sent from sales on those designated days. I hope this also sets an example to other biz owners. It is tight, I know, I feel it... I have little to give of myself, but I hope to come up with any creative ways that I can to give to those that work so hard to restore such a basic and important right!
Old 05-18-2011, 11:48 AM

Alrighty everyone! I have been a bit busy this morning and have even sold product to a fellow calgunner... so that is 10% of the sale price going to Calguns Foundation already! WOO HOO! If you too would like to make a phone order, feel free to call 916-797-6700.

I figure it can't hurt to hold the silent auction online as well as in store. If an online bidder wins, I will personally pay the shipping cost.

These items are being auctioned separately.

Up for your consideration in the silent auction are the following 2 items:

1 bottle of Revolution Abdominal Cuts Norcal Nutrition Retail Value $54.99. Starting Bid is $10.00 - PRODUCT OVERVIEW

The ingredients in Abdominal Cuts supplement the body with a wide array of healthy oils that assist with body-fat reduction (particularly in the abdominal area), healthy metabolism, antioxidant supply and anti-inflammatory assistance. Revolution Abdominal Cuts contains naturally occurring, healthy oils that are clinically proven to reduce body fat. This special formula specifically targets stubborn fat cells found near the stomach, hips, and butt. Abdominal Cuts contains absolutely NO stimulants, therefore preventing any negative side effects such as jitters or headaches that are common with many other weight reduction products. Abdominal Cuts also utilizes a progressive form of liquid gel technology, making each capsule small and easy-to-swallow.

Item #2...

1 5 LBS container of Champion Nutrition's Pure Whey (FLAVOR CHOICE OPTIONAL) Norcal Nutrition Retail Value $54.99. Starting Bid is $10.00 - Although this is not a brand most people associate with my store, it is more easily recognizable to the masses.

PRODUCT OVERVIEW

Protein is essential to life
Whether you're an athlete, a fitness enthusiast, a dieter, a post-op patient, or a busy homemaker, your health and your performance depend on protein! Pure Whey Protein Stack offers you an ideal and economical way to boost your daily protein intake.
Pure Whey Protein Stack contains a complete array of whey protein fractions, high in the essential amino acids and rich in glutamine peptides, giving you the right tools for muscle growth.
Great protein for gaining or dieting
Pure Whey Protein Stack is an effective way to build and maintain lean muscle mass whether you are planning on bulking-up or losing fat. This powerful protein supplement is made exclusively with 100% high-quality whey protein, which makes it an excellent choice as a source of dietary protein.
Great for low-carb diets!
If you are watching your carbs, then Pure Whey Protein Stack is ideal for you. Each serving gives you up to 26g of pure protein with as little as 1.5g of carbs.
As good as Pure Whey Protein Stack tastes, you might expect it to be filled with sugar, artificial sweeteners or some other fillers, but no! Pure Whey Protein Stack contains only 100% pure whey protein and the best flavoring components around to deliver the best-tasting whey protein supplement on the market. It's a delicious, convenient, and economical way to boost your daily protein intake and help you get lean and burn fat. Plus, Pure Whey Protein Stack mixes smoothly and quickly in a glass or shaker bottle so it's convenient enough to use anytime, anywhere. Just add water, stir, and drink!
The protein you need at the price you want
Pure Whey Protein Stack is designed to work great, yet not break your bank. In fact, per serving, Pure Whey Protein Stack not only costs less than other brands, it also costs less than most other sources of protein you eat. So if you are looking for a high-quality whey protein at a bargain price, Pure Whey Protein Stack is your ideal choice.
From hardcore bodybuilders to fitness enthusiasts to dieters, Pure Whey Protein Stack works! We challenge you to compare Pure Whey Protein Stack against the competition and you will see why, gram for gram, we are the best! DO THE MATH and see for yourself!:

Feel free to post your bids here. If an online bidder wins, I will PM you and let you know.
Old 05-18-2011, 4:23 PM

Coded Dude is here now and we are waiting for the masses to descend! I am right next to a Little Ceaser's and I know how to use them! Free Pizza for dinner while supplies last! LOL!
Old 05-18-2011, 5:38 PM

Both items on the auction each only have 1 vote. You can take either for only 11 bucks at this point... BID AWAY! Coded Dude and ilkhan are here! Come on down if you are close!
Old 05-18-2011, 10:06 PM

All home safe and sound. Although there were a few firearms running around the store, there were certainly no wacko's and for the few that did show, I think we had a pretty good time. Thanks to Coded Dude and Ilkhan plus a fellow from the Opencarry.org forum and a couple of my regular customers who caught the spirit of the event, we were able to get a total of somewhere just a little less than $100 bucks for Calguns. That is broken down between the 10% of sales to Calgunners, the $15 raised in the auction for the protein and the $25 raised in the auction for the Abdominal Cuts as well as an additional $15 in straight cash donations that a couple of people came in to give. I will go ahead and spring the difference to make it an even $100. Since the actual amounts on the donated items came to less than $50 for each item, I will forgo paying those funds directly into the Sunshine Fund and instead make out the entire check to The Calguns Foundation.

Thanks again for your support. We were talking a bit amongst ourselves about doing another such event later on this summer. If we can get it together, I will announce and keep you all informed.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:18 PM
Calguns Addict

thanks for opening your doors to a PRO 2A event. I will definitely be at the next one(probably helping out). I'll swing by the next day or two to pick up my prize! The turn out wasn't as big as we hoped, but i'm sure then next one will be even better!

hopefully good food(bbq possibly) and some enticing raffle prizes will get a better response......

cheers to all who supported this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadbolt View Post
watching this state and country operate is like watching a water park burn down. doesn't make sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama
Team 6 showed up in choppers, it was so cash. Lit his house with red dots like it had a rash. Navy SEALs dashed inside his house, left their heads spinning...then flew off in the night screaming "Duh, WINNING!"
Old 05-18-2011, 10:35 PM

Wish I could have made it out there with a glock on my hip, but just to short of notice to make the trek all the way up to Rocklin. Thanks again for allowing me to participate via phone by placing an order for some product!

-Brandon
Closed Thread