Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Technology and Internet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Technology and Internet Emerging and current tech related issues. Internet, DRM, IP, and other technology related discussions.

Old 10-02-2011, 6:51 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
Downloaded and played it on the XBox360.

Remember this is beta.
So, there will be many bugs and it will not be polished (graphics are always subpar to the release version).

Beta testing is used as a tool for the developers to identify bugs and fix them.

IMO...
Even with all the bugs and only one map to play on, it's still better than the Treyarch developed Call of Duty (COD 3, COD:WaW, COD:BO) series.
At least the CoD programming has decent hit registering...

Although ALL of these FPS games suck *** on consoles...
Check it out I'm like a buzz bomb
Old 10-02-2011, 7:07 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolus View Post
Typical fanboi response. On on the PS3 version, you have no way of knowing where they are, especially so when the maps get huge - just a close up of some nostrils. Not sure if the PC version is any different.

A teams of snipers vs. snipers is no fun.
how would you not know where they are? they give you damn killcams of your killer. hell even COD got campers. they just don't succeed that well cause of noob tubes.

and camping in rush as attacker or in conquest mode is a great way to take yourself out of the game and let the other team have a better chance of winning. yeah you may get some kills camping that same spot, but you alone will not win the game through kills. in rush, if you camp as attacker you are only taking yourself out since defenders have no respawn limit, and in conquest, kills mean diddly squat, when the whole point is to grab flag points to reduce the other team's ticket count.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSig1911 View Post
Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrepperGunShop View Post
Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).
Old 10-02-2011, 7:34 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch705 View Post
how would you not know where they are? they give you damn killcams of your killer. hell even COD got campers. they just don't succeed that well cause of noob tubes.

and camping in rush as attacker or in conquest mode is a great way to take yourself out of the game and let the other team have a better chance of winning. yeah you may get some kills camping that same spot, but you alone will not win the game through kills. in rush, if you camp as attacker you are only taking yourself out since defenders have no respawn limit, and in conquest, kills mean diddly squat, when the whole point is to grab flag points to reduce the other team's ticket count.
Unless you know of a way on the PS3 console to get a view of where the killer is, there is no chance in hell you know where they are at. The game zooms in on their face and that's all you have.

In COD you know exactly where they are at, but this isnt a COD vs. BF3 argument.

I like the realism in BF3 a lot, but the game play is awful.
Old 10-02-2011, 8:13 PM
Calguns Addict

Yup, it's official. Battlefail 3 sucks.
Old 10-02-2011, 8:31 PM

I'm glad they released the beta on Xbox live for free...It just reminds me to save my money for MW3.
There are alot of great things about this game so far but when it comes down to it the controls/response and multiplayer aren't as good as MW. Sorry
Old 10-02-2011, 9:32 PM
I need a LIFE!!

man some of the comments here are funny on how playing a BETA is equal to the final game.

i wish the beta was closed to the general public due to this stupid mindset.
Quote:
Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
Quote:
Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).
Old 10-02-2011, 9:39 PM
Calguns Addict

Dont forget to pitch the tent and roast some marshmellows on the fire while you are all playing the new campers delight.

In 1776 we announced we would not be sitting back down.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh! Man that was some great Kool-Aid.......... hmmmmmm theres a hint of something metallic. Oh well guess I will get on with the voting.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:25 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomb_on_bus View Post
Dont forget to pitch the tent and roast some marshmellows on the fire while you are all playing the new campers delight.
Pretty much hahahaha
Old 10-03-2011, 7:32 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
man some of the comments here are funny on how playing a BETA is equal to the final game.

i wish the beta was closed to the general public due to this stupid mindset.
Have you even played to older BF games? The final releases (and subsequent patches) still felt like beta... Such a great concept but too many annoying little bugs that never seem to get fixed throughout every "new" game. Yeah its a beta, its supposed to have bugs... but when those bugs are the same thing thats in your other games from years past it looks kind of bad.
Check it out I'm like a buzz bomb
Old 10-03-2011, 10:02 AM

There's probably a logical explanation for this, but why is the beta super buggy when we're less than 30 days from the game being released?

I don't see how that's remotely enough time to fix any bugs before the full release?

my YouTube shooting channel

Old 10-03-2011, 10:04 AM
In Memoriam

I didnt read from the beginning, but I played the beta and it was ok. What's up with all the one shot kills from a mile away? With assault Rifles!

WTS: 870 Barrel Clamp/Railed Mount

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...af415fafe8.jpg
Old 10-03-2011, 11:30 AM

I am very confident in DICE that most if all of the bugs will be fixed when game release this month..
Old 10-03-2011, 12:37 PM
Veteran Member

"The Battlefield 3 Open Beta is based on software that is more than one month old. We need to test the new back end dedicated server structure we’ve built. Not only have we built a new game engine, but an entirely new back end system so that everyone can enjoy the benefits of dedicated servers on all platforms.

Just like normal procedure when releasing a game, the Open Beta has had long lead times due to testing, certification, and setting up. This means that the code you are now playing is actually quite early and not representative of the final game.

We had to do this in order to have as many people testing as possible, in order to ensure a top quality experience when the game is released. However, we’re confident in the Battlefield formula and confident that our fans will support us in order to make Battlefield 3 better.

Dedicated servers require dedicated testing

The biggest reason for running the Open Beta is to stress test our servers and back end. Already, we are seeing 6 times the number of simultaneous players in the Battlefield 3 Open Beta compared to the Beta for Battlefield: Bad Company 2! The fact that Battlefield 3 is clearly our biggest game launch ever by a magnitude of 6 makes it doubly important to test everything.

We are constantly updating the News section on Battlelog with information on what we are fixing from Open Beta to final. We appreciate your time and your feedback. The data and feedback from the Open Beta will not only directly affect the final game of Battlefield 3, but its future development and support.

We’re heading out on the road this week to let journalists experience all aspects of Battlefield 3. Stay tuned for their previews, and stay tuned for the final game on October 25th. The final game will look, play and sound better than the Open Beta. You have helped making sure of that.

Karl Magnus Troedsson

General Manager, DICE"
R.I.P. Thomas C.
Old 10-03-2011, 2:39 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezfoo View Post
Have you even played to older BF games? The final releases (and subsequent patches) still felt like beta... Such a great concept but too many annoying little bugs that never seem to get fixed throughout every "new" game. Yeah its a beta, its supposed to have bugs... but when those bugs are the same thing thats in your other games from years past it looks kind of bad.
yes. i started with BF2, but have played 1942 occasionally at my buddies house. (that is why i got into bf2 when i finally got a computer that can run it)
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-03-2011, 6:29 PM
Veteran Member

I was anticipating a positive the launch of this game, it has turned out to be one of the biggest let downs of all time.

I try to like it, but when I play, it's just the most awful experience in gaming in a long time. It's actually worse than Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising.
Old 10-03-2011, 9:08 PM

Quote:
I was anticipating a positive the launch of this game, it has turned out to be one of the biggest let downs of all time.

I try to like it, but when I play, it's just the most awful experience in gaming in a long time. It's actually worse than Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising.
its beta.
Old 10-03-2011, 9:17 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggs75 View Post
its beta.
some people just don't seem to understand this and assume this is the full game.

w/e that just means less idiots to deal with online.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-03-2011, 9:23 PM

Quote:

You do know this is a beta right? Bad company 2s beta was horrible and look how amazing bad company 2 came out.
Old 10-03-2011, 9:35 PM

Even if it's the beta I actually like the game, A LOT. I just hate that map, it sucks. Can't wait for the full game though! What I kind of dont like is that it got a little higher paced which is why I don't play COD. But hopefully it turns out good!
Old 10-03-2011, 9:36 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHShooter View Post
I didnt read from the beginning, but I played the beta and it was ok. What's up with all the one shot kills from a mile away? With assault Rifles!
that happened tonight. i call BS on some of this.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:07 PM
Veteran Member

Played on my GTX460 powered SSD machine and the PS3. PC FTW!

What bugs me about this game are the unlocks make no sense.

Heavy barrel increases accuracy but more muzzle rise? Foregrip only controls horizontal muzzle movement? WTH?

The UMP destroys everyone close or far. Its ridiculous haha. Reminds me of how powerful the Blackhawk Chopper door gunner was in BF2. Before they had the patch you can mow down 20-30 people easy if you had a good pilot circling a spawn point. Afterwards it would take 2-5 seconds on the minigun to kill someone.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:54 PM

Can't wait to get the last of my upgraded parts in to play it. IMO, people that are displeased with it probably aren't BF players to begin with. There are many other games that cater to that sort of FPS gamer, but it has been what seems to be ages a game that caters to BF fans.
Old 10-04-2011, 8:18 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
some people just don't seem to understand this and assume this is the full game.

w/e that just means less idiots to deal with online.
Half the fun of saying the game sucks is seeing you get all twisted up.

I do hope they fix it up, I was looking forward to BF3 - it feels much more realistic than anything out there so far.
Old 10-04-2011, 8:53 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8toytruck View Post

The UMP destroys everyone close or far. Its ridiculous haha. Reminds me of how powerful the Blackhawk Chopper door gunner was in BF2. Before they had the patch you can mow down 20-30 people easy if you had a good pilot circling a spawn point. Afterwards it would take 2-5 seconds on the minigun to kill someone.
Yeah, I got ****ed up many times by the same guy with an UMP haha.
R.I.P. Thomas C.
Old 10-04-2011, 8:54 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Half the fun of saying the game sucks is seeing you get all twisted up.

I do hope they fix it up, I was looking forward to BF3 - it feels much more realistic than anything out there so far.
Did you read their blog about the stuff they're going to fix for the final game?
R.I.P. Thomas C.
Old 10-04-2011, 9:10 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
Did you read their blog about the stuff they're going to fix for the final game?
No, I just tried searching and no luck. Could you post a link?
Old 10-04-2011, 9:57 AM

Quote:
+1 id love to read what they plan on fixing. Game is badass
Old 10-04-2011, 10:14 AM
ಠ_ಠ
CGN Contributor

Not really a fan. The radar hacks are out already and confirmed on several sites, they are testing the back end but with out punkbuster. I mean there was/is cracked 128 man servers, that's right 128 man servers. This beta is one of the worst I've played, how can you put out a beta with software that's a month old? It's sloppy and last minute, lack of mouse button assigning anyone? Lack of squad management? These are BASIC coding for any fps game, even in beta. Really hope to see some major updates in the next few days and some feedback from the dev teams.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:23 AM
Veteran Member

LOVE this game. I had some initial gripes about the glitches in maps, but it seems to have gotten a little better than at first. Sure, textures arent HD and detailed yet. Sure, it hasn't been optimized for best frame rates yet. Sure, some of the guns are a bit unfair. What do you expect? THEYRE FREAKING TESTING IT OUT!!! This isnt about you deciding whether you want to buy it or not....that's called a DEMO. This is about getting mass feedback from players that already know the final release is going to be amazing and getting feedback BEFORE it goes final so that it will be the best it possibly can be.

If you're looking for COD gameplay, which hasnt changed since MW, then dont get this game. It WILL feel different! It is based on a completely different engine, FAR more advanced than COD's 10 year old engine. This isn't necessarily the run and gun, small map, linear type of gameplay that COD fans are used to. Further, for those who are expecting gameplay like the PC, think again. The PC has far surpassed the capabilities of the consoles and will outshine them in every way. I say, FINALLY: A game that's designed for the PC and made the consoles a port of the PC and not the other way around! PC game ports from consoles suck because theyre built on the limited specs of the console. Not so this time.

Lastly, this game has intense requirements. You had better upgrade your PC, because if you have anything less than a decent Quad Core, 4 GB ram AND a new powerful DX11 $200+ graphics card, you're in for a bad experience. I just got a GTX 560 Ti graphics card for $200, downloaded nVidia's beta drivers specifically made for BF3 and it's playing extremely well on the highest settings. I expect it to play even smoother in the final release.

Overall, it is everything I expected in a beta and I couldnt be any more excited about the October 25th release. All the haterz out there: Man up to a real rig and go PC!

Old 10-04-2011, 10:25 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugacookie View Post
+1 id love to read what they plan on fixing. Game is badass
From Page 2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
A SELECTION OF CHANGES FROM OPEN BETA TO FINAL, PART 1
(Not a complete list – for up to date news, visit the News section in Battlelog)
* Fixed occasional client crash when reviving.
* Fixed killcam showing glitched area under map if your killer is dead.
* Issue with spawning on dead squad mates fixed.
* Fixed a bug where shooting at a moving enemy could cause more than the intended amount of damage.
* Crosshairs for shotguns have been replaced with a new, thinner, art.
* A subtle low health screen effect has been added.
* Tweaked scores of Medals and Service Stars.
* Tweaked the Rank progression.
* Pushing prone on console will not play the animation twice.
* Fixed loss of Squad Leader after EOR at some times.
* Framerate stability fixes.
* The 3D spotting icons has been tweaked to better match the target’s visibility. Icons will show frequently less on mostly obscured targets.
* Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after round transition.
* Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after trying to deploy while the countdown timer still active.
* Squad list now shows specializations chosen, VOIP activity and dead squad mates.
* Non working options in squad menu fixed: "Private" flag and "Switch Teams"
Old 10-04-2011, 11:20 AM

Here the link to the blog http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/batt...-update-2.aspx
Old 10-04-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlookin1 View Post

If you're looking for COD gameplay, which hasnt changed since MW, then dont get this game. It WILL feel different! It is based on a completely different engine, FAR more advanced than COD's 10 year old engine. This isn't necessarily the run and gun, small map, linear type of gameplay that COD fans are used to.

Definitely. All those who are bashing on the BETA are cod players who want it to play like cod. FYI, it's NOT cod! And Im so glad it isn't, cod doesn't even compare to this game. Cod is just an arcade game with guns, this is totally different. It takes a little time to adjust from cod to battlefield. I use to play cod, ALL the time and when I got battlefield I was disappointed because it didn't feel like cod. A week passed and I got used to it and havent played cod since. All I play is bad company 2 and I'm sure battlefield 3 will be amazing!
Old 10-04-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
I realize it's beta, so there are issues that hopefully will be fixed, but the game play is going to be ruined by campers.

Edit: just played it again, might be the worst game I've ever played. I was expected a lot, but this game fails to deliver on so much. Mediocre at best, glad I had an opportunity to play for free before dropping $60 bucks.
really? What format? New to the BF games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman21 View Post

Camping is all apart of any FPS, even more so for BF3, a person is supposed to camp a forward point because the maps are so huge. It will not get better.

I dont know why anyone even has an issue with camping, if they are camping you know where an easy kill is. lol

Just a report; my system sucks for this game

Fraps has me at an avg. of 27fps(high because I forgot to shut off benchmark for the loading screen) and 11fps min, yet I have a 1.367 K/D and its going up. lol
campers = high K/D ratios but they lose the map. I can deal with that.

Quote:
Typical fanboi response. On on the PS3 version, you have no way of knowing where they are, especially so when the maps get huge - just a close up of some nostrils. Not sure if the PC version is any different.

A teams of snipers vs. snipers is no fun.
dont be a sniper....its no snipefest , its BF3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wodsworthy View Post
Can't wait to get the last of my upgraded parts in to play it. IMO, people that are displeased with it probably aren't BF players to begin with. There are many other games that cater to that sort of FPS gamer, but it has been what seems to be ages a game that caters to BF fans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlookin1 View Post
LOVE this game. I had some initial gripes about the glitches in maps, but it seems to have gotten a little better than at first. Sure, textures arent HD and detailed yet. Sure, it hasn't been optimized for best frame rates yet. Sure, some of the guns are a bit unfair. What do you expect? THEYRE FREAKING TESTING IT OUT!!! This isnt about you deciding whether you want to buy it or not....that's called a DEMO. This is about getting mass feedback from players that already know the final release is going to be amazing and getting feedback BEFORE it goes final so that it will be the best it possibly can be.

If you're looking for COD gameplay, which hasnt changed since MW, then dont get this game. It WILL feel different! It is based on a completely different engine, FAR more advanced than COD's 10 year old engine. This isn't necessarily the run and gun, small map, linear type of gameplay that COD fans are used to. Further, for those who are expecting gameplay like the PC, think again. The PC has far surpassed the capabilities of the consoles and will outshine them in every way. I say, FINALLY: A game that's designed for the PC and made the consoles a port of the PC and not the other way around! PC game ports from consoles suck because theyre built on the limited specs of the console. Not so this time.

Lastly, this game has intense requirements. You had better upgrade your PC, because if you have anything less than a decent Quad Core, 4 GB ram AND a new powerful DX11 $200+ graphics card, you're in for a bad experience. I just got a GTX 560 Ti graphics card for $200, downloaded nVidia's beta drivers specifically made for BF3 and it's playing extremely well on the highest settings. I expect it to play even smoother in the final release.

Overall, it is everything I expected in a beta and I couldnt be any more excited about the October 25th release. All the haterz out there: Man up to a real rig and go PC!

well said. Looks like a normal beta to me, Wish I had the money to upgrade my PC but a lot more casual gamer now so PS3 is fine.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:13 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bRiT636 View Post
really? What format? New to the BF games?

campers = high K/D ratios but they lose the map. I can deal with that.

dont be a sniper....its no snipefest , its BF3.

well said. Looks like a normal beta to me, Wish I had the money to upgrade my PC but a lot more casual gamer now so PS3 is fine.

I've played BF2 on the PC and it blows this game away. They have a lot of work ahead of them if this beta is all they got on the PS3. No doubt the PC version is a hell of a lot better than this, I just don't want to spend 2k plus on a new computer.
Old 10-04-2011, 1:23 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Yeah, dunno when they update their blogs(if it's every monday or something) but there should be much more added to the list:

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/

Blog update #1
R.I.P. Thomas C.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:
LMAO!!! You have anger issues. I bet you're the kind of guy that threatens people in FPS games.

The game sucks.
Admit it, you just keep getting killed that's why you don't like it. **** even the beta with one Horrible map is better than any cod game lol.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:59 PM
Veteran Member

The Beta map is pretty good. ACOG is so much better than the AK 4x scope. As it should be

RANT: Team members that do not know how to turn off their flashlights. Completely blinding me, and I can't kill them. Hit T dammit!

Will be buying a 2nd GTX 460 soon to run SLi. I get anywhere from 30-70 fps on high settings (1920x1200) and 50-80 on mediums settings. I want to get 70 on ULTRA settings

Does anyone know if 1 x GTX 460 requires a 450watt min PSU, will 2x GTX 460 require a 900 watt? My PSU is 850 watts.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8toytruck View Post
The Beta map is pretty good. ACOG is so much better than the AK 4x scope. As it should be

RANT: Team members that do not know how to turn off their flashlights. Completely blinding me, and I can't kill them. Hit T dammit!

Will be buying a 2nd GTX 460 soon to run SLi. I get anywhere from 30-70 fps on high settings (1920x1200) and 50-80 on mediums settings. I want to get 70 on ULTRA settings

Does anyone know if 1 x GTX 460 requires a 450watt min PSU, will 2x GTX 460 require a 900 watt? My PSU is 850 watts.
If its a decent brand psu, it will be plenty.
I believe there are textures and other options that were turned off or down for the beta. Your fps might take a performance hit for the final release. Dice had stated that you will need 2 580's to run the game on Ultra settings. I was getting from 55-60fps on ultra with my 570 so either dice was exaggerating or the final release will be alot more taxing on your system than the beta is.
Old 10-05-2011, 6:28 AM
Veteran Member

I have a Q6600 (SLACR) OC'd to 3.0 Ghz, 4GB RAM (4-4-4-12 2T) and a GTX 560 Ti running "High" settings at 1920x1080, with only a few slow-downs (40-50 fps) in foggy/smoky scenes. But I do know the texture quality has been toned down for the beta, so I am expecting to take a further hit when the real deal comes out. However, they should have their game optimizations down as well by that time, so it might not be as bad as we think. Only time will tell.

V8toytruck, your 850 is PLENTY of power for 2 460's. The 450 watt requirement is with everything else going on (CPU, RAM, mobo, fans, optical drives, hard drives, etc). Your 460 GTX power draw is likely only draws around 250 watts by itself.
Old 10-05-2011, 3:21 PM
Veteran Member

Your avatar reminds me of this