Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Technology and Internet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Technology and Internet Emerging and current tech related issues. Internet, DRM, IP, and other technology related discussions.

Old 08-04-2015, 8:57 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
Not true. Many software drivers are not compatible and may not have win 10 replacements anytime soon. Besides, who wants Billy Gates spyware installed?
Hm, I wonder why I had no problems upgrading a 7 year old laptop, it must be special.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:04 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I tried to check my drivers via Dell's website and the auto-detect. Funny thing is they said my PC was not "qualified" to get win10. Microsoft says my PC is qualified hence i got the invite.

I wonder if it's because I forced the upgrade via the media creation tool instead of waiting until is pushed out to me? It may be connected why when trying a clean install, it wouldn't recognize my serial key at the bottom of the laptop. (That serial worked on a win7 only clean-install vs. the manufacturers image with all the crap-ware).

Last edited by high_revs; 08-04-2015 at 11:18 PM..
Old 08-05-2015, 9:27 PM
Calguns Addict

You have to upgrade before you do a clean install, upgrade will get registered with Microsoft and then you can do a clean install. Your old serial key will not work.