Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Technology and Internet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Technology and Internet Emerging and current tech related issues. Internet, DRM, IP, and other technology related discussions.

View Poll Results: This or That?
Android 90 69.77%
iPhone 39 30.23%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2011, 7:00 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freonr22 View Post
But synergy, it's for the children!
Yes, YES it is!

iTunes is for those that use that type of service to acquire their entertainment!

Old 12-04-2011, 7:28 PM

DROID!!!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2011, 9:01 AM
Veteran Member

Both platforms have their pros/cons. Personally, I prefer Android due to the flexibility and personilization it allows. Although Android has been around a few years, it's adoption was catapulted by Verizon with the release of the original Droid just over 2 years ago.

Androids latest evolution, Ice Cream Sandwich, is a major update to the OS. I was lucky enough to play with the Verizon version of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus last week and was thoroughly impressed.

My gripe with Android is not with the OS, it's with some of the manufacturers. Take Motorola for example. They are releasing too many phones too fast. I wouldn't have an issue if the devices weren't released with KNOWN issues. Serious KNOWN issues. They need to spend more time on the software...clearly. Droid Bionic, Droid RAZR and later this month the Droid 4...all within a couple months. The Bionic and the RAZR both have major issues with 3G to 4G hand-off as well as many other known issues. Let's hope Google fixes Motorola Mobility.

Good people sleep peaceably in their bed at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Old 12-05-2011, 9:46 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomIsNotFree View Post
Both platforms have their pros/cons. Personally, I prefer Android due to the flexibility and personilization it allows. Although Android has been around a few years, it's adoption was catapulted by Verizon with the release of the original Droid just over 2 years ago.

Androids latest evolution, Ice Cream Sandwich, is a major update to the OS. I was lucky enough to play with the Verizon version of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus last week and was thoroughly impressed.

My gripe with Android is not with the OS, it's with some of the manufacturers. Take Motorola for example. They are releasing too many phones too fast. I wouldn't have an issue if the devices weren't released with KNOWN issues. Serious KNOWN issues. They need to spend more time on the software...clearly. Droid Bionic, Droid RAZR and later this month the Droid 4...all within a couple months. The Bionic and the RAZR both have major issues with 3G to 4G hand-off as well as many other known issues. Let's hope Google fixes Motorola Mobility.
^ This. All of it. Great post.

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.