Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Technology and Internet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Technology and Internet Emerging and current tech related issues. Internet, DRM, IP, and other technology related discussions.

Old 01-30-2011, 10:18 AM

AVG has gotten the job done for me. Worst experience was with McAfee and Norton
Old 01-30-2011, 10:36 AM

ESET Nod32. Best defense, least intrusive. Never been burned with it and I run it on 10 different systems.

Quote:
"Justice Sotomayor, states may have grown accustomed to violating the rights of American citizens, but that does not bootstrap those violations into something that is constitutional."
- Gura
Old 01-30-2011, 11:08 AM
Veteran Member

I'm using Bitdefender
Old 01-30-2011, 2:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james758 View Post
GET A MAC!!!
Microsoft Windows poses THE greatest threat to our national security. Forget about N. Korean Nukes, or terrorism. The Chinese have infiltrated almost all levels of our information networks because Windows cannot be secured.
Even if you run the best Anti-Virus software, until the virus that has infected your computer is identified, it cannot be scrubbed, so it can still cause damage before it is wiped.
Spend the extra money, and get a mac. you will never again need to waste time or money on running AV software ever again.
I don't like steve Job's turtlenecks either, but the Mac OS is far superior to anything Microsoft will ever come up with.
Done ranting.
Fail. Macs are pretty looking overpriced hipster crap

Old 01-30-2011, 5:17 PM

If you are not aware of it the Mac OSX is a Unix-Linux variant put together by Apple. Lots of mods, bug fixes, in house upgrades and all that, but still none the less its a Linux variation on a theme. A close friend is one of the developers on the beast so I am taking that from some inside sources.

Surprised nobody has mentioned the McAfee security suite. I ditched Norton a long time back, for Mcafee and can not complain, Have also worked with Eset NOD32 and that seems to be a pretty good beast as well.
Old 01-30-2011, 7:43 PM

Mcafee is what I currently have, and if you edit/game or anything thats not surfing the web, it will immediately block and ask you if you want the program to allow running. Its great, except for the fact It keeps asking about the same programs over an over again. its as bad as vistas security and firewall..

no buy.
Old 01-30-2011, 8:13 PM
Whatever
CGN Contributor

I called AOL w/ a malware issue, and they suggested Malwarebytes. Stunning since McAfee is free w/ AOL subscription. Malware bytes worked to remove the issue I was having. I also use PcTools AntiVirus which I pay for..
Old 01-30-2011, 8:15 PM

I got a Mac 6 years ago and got 10 hours a month back.
Best of luck to you.

- Aut Pax Aut Bellum - Volunteer LDW
Old 02-03-2011, 6:39 AM

I'm using Avira AntiVir. It's free, and according to av-comparatives.org, it's usually near the top in their tests.
Old 02-03-2011, 8:14 AM